When I thought inspiration couldn't hit me anymore...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrvsfWGI6VA[/media]

Listening to that while reading the ending to Matt's fanfic gave me the idea of an archetype of LIGHT Warriors. I haven't really decided what it's about or how to even play them, but when the "Superb and Absurd" thing appeared in my head, I had to type it down before I forget about it. So far, this is really the only card in the archetype, so the goal of this is still unknown.

The card:

Gallant Duke Engatt - the Superb and Absurd
Effect Monster 4* Warrior-type LIGHT 1400/1000
When this monster is Normal Summoned: You can discard 1 Warrior-type monster; double this card's original ATK until the end of your opponent's turn.

While it's "Normal Summon a 2800 monster without Tribute," discard costs are highly looked down upon. Also, the mechanic of NSing a 2800 monster that dodges BTH like that might fall on the "broke'd" side of balance for some people even though Injection Fairy Lily and Armored Bee exist.

[spoiler='EDIT: Moar']Gallant Captain Durzun - the Adeptly and Cowardly
Effect Monster 4* Warrior-type LIGHT 1200/500
When you draw this card during the Draw Phase: You can reveal this card; draw 1 card. You can discard this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Gallant" monster from your hand.

Gallant Champion Ijura - the Adored and Scorned
Effect Monster 4* Warrior-type LIGHT 1900/1500
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects during the Battle Phase. When this monster declares an attack against a monster Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: Increase the ATK of this card by 500 during the Damage Step.

Gallant General Weisteral - the Deft and Daft
Effect Monster 6* Warrior-type LIGHT 2300/900
You can Normal Summon this card without Tribute if you control a "Gallant" monster. When this monster is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Gallant" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Gallant Eidolon Turenekazi - the Tenacious and Capricious
Effect Monster 4* Warrior-type LIGHT 800/2100
When a "Gallant" monster you control battles an opponent's monster: You can discard this card; increase the ATK of your monster by 800 until the end of this turn.

Gallant Lieutenant Sarel - the Bodacious and Murderous
Effect Monster 2* Warrior-type LIGHT 1000/200
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) when you Normal Summon a "Gallant" monster. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Gallant" monster from your Deck to your hand (except "Gallant Lieutenant Sarel - the Bodacious and Murderous"). If a "Gallant" monster you control would be destroyed: You can send this card (from your hand or side of the field) to the Graveyard instead.

Gallant Regiment
Spell
Special Summon 1 "Gallant Army Token" (Warrior-type/LIGHT/Level 3/ATK 1500/DEF 1200). It cannot be Tributed or used as a Material Monster. During either player's turn: You can banish this card (from your Graveyard) and target 1 "Gallant" monster on your side of the field; increase the ATK of the target by 500 until the End Phase. You cannot activate this effect during the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard.

Gallant Royal Guard Asceth - the Ferverous and Pretentious
Effect Monster 5* Warrior-type LIGHT 1600/2400
You can Normal Summon this card without Tribute if your life points are 4000 or less. Once per turn during either player's turn: You can banish 1 "Gallant" monster from your Graveyard; increase the ATK of this card by 200 * the Level of the banished monster.

Gallant Strategist Vanik - the Cool and Cruel
Effect Monster 3* Warrior-type LIGHT 1000/900
When this monster is Normal Summoned: You can discard 1 Warrior-type monster; draw 2 cards. Once per turn during either player's turn: You can discard 1 card and target 1 "Gallant" monster on your side of the field; increase the ATK of the target by 700 until the End Phase.

Justice Lance of Mischief
Spell
Target 1 "Gallant" monster on your side of the field; increase the ATK of the target by 800 until the End Phase. During either player's turn: You can banish this card (from your Graveyard) and target 1 "Gallant" monster on your side of the field; increase the ATK of the target by 400. You cannot activate this effect during the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

I dunno. The effect would be fair on a Level 4 WIND Fairy that only worked by discarding WIND Fairies, because it wouldn't have much support. But this has Necro Gardna, The Immortal Bushi, Heroic Challenger Double Lance, Tasuke Knight, and ESPer Star Sparrow to buffer the cost, and this card is highly searchable.

No, it's fair because it's only on Normal Summon, I think. Though in my opinion there should be an LP cost too.

Eh, [i]maaaaaaybe[/i]. It's just that I might be trying too hard to compare it to Lily, who is right at as searchable and has 3400 ATK as well as a 3-use ability, while this may be used just once.

I made more of the archetype. It's still in its early stages so it could still change course, but I guess I'm trying to make it easy-beater-oriented. Durzun sounds lame, Ijura might be OP, Weisteral is Level 6 for the sake of making searchers a bit difficult to use, but he probably isn't that hard, and Turenekazi is moar Honest for moar Honest.

The normal summoning beat stick is fine it only works once so its utility is for those warriors that can buffer the cost.

Durzun: So its just a +1 upon the draw. I'm not sure if I problem with that or if its just weird.

Ijura: Yeah he's broken...a 3*, immune, 2400 swinger...yeah pretty tough there for no reason.

Weistral: This is fine I can dig it

Turenkazi: the defense is too high for a level 3 with no real drawback.

Archived