Gimmick Puppets

CommanderVolt

Nothing new here, just changes to the effects of already known anime-only ones.

[b]Gimmick Puppet – Babyface: Fairy/LIGHT Level 1 – 0/0[/b]

During your Main Phase if you control a “Gimmick Puppet” monster: you can banish this card from your graveyard to target 1 monster in your opponents graveyard; Special Summon that monster to your opponents field in defense-position.

[b]Gimmick Puppet - Scarecrow: Machine/DARK Level 4 - 800/2000[/b]

When this face-up card is targeted for an attack; switch this card to defense position. A monster that battles with this card cannot declare an attack for as long as this card remains face-up. Your opponent cannot select other "Gimmick Puppet" Monsters for attack targets except "Gimmick Puppet - Scarecrow."

[b]Gimmick Puppet – Necro Doll: Machine/DARK Level 8 – 0/0[/b]

You can banish one other “Gimmick Puppet – Necro Doll” in your graveyard to Special Summon this card from your graveyard. This card cannot be used for the Xyz Summon of an Xyz Monster except for DARK monsters.

[b]Gimmick Puppet - Bomb Egg: Machine/EARTH Level 4 - 1600/1200[/b]

Once per turn you can discard a "Gimmick Puppet" Monster; Inflict 800 damage to your opponent, and if you do. Increase this cards level by 4.

[b]Gimmick Puppet - Gear Changer: Machine/EARTH Level 1 - 0/0[/b]

If you control a face-up "Gimmick Puppet" monster you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can target 1 other "Gimmick Puppet" monster you control; this card's level becomes the same as that target. You can only control 1 "Gimmick Puppet - Gear Changer."

[b]Gimmick Puppet - Magnet Doll: Machine/DARK Level 8 - 1000/1000[/b]

If your opponent controls an Xyz Monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can tribute this card to add 1 "Gimmick" card from your deck to your hand. This effect of "Gimmick Puppet - Magnet Doll" can only be used once per turn.

[b]Gimmick Puppet - Night Joker: Machine/DARK Level 8 - 800/1000[/b]

During the battle phase, you can banish 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster you control or in your graveyard to Special Summon this card from your hand. If you do, end the battle phase.

[b]Gimmick Puppet - Scissor Arms: Machine/DARK Level 4 - 1200/600[/b]

Once per turn, you can destroy one spell or trap card you control to increase this cards level by 4. This card inflicts piercing damage.

[b]Gimmick Puppet - Nightmare: Machine/DARK Level 8 - 1000/2000[/b]

You can tribute a Gimmick Puppet monster you control to Special Summon this monster from your hand. If you Xyz Summon a "Number 88: Gimmick Puppet - Destiny Leo" with this card as an Xyz Material; place a "Destiny" Counter on that monster. You can only control 1 "Gimmick Puppet - Nightmare".

Konami, release these like this, plis.

Comments, thoughts, ettc?

Will add the rest of the spells or traps later.

Babyface, despite being 500 times better then its anime counterpart, still seems un-needed.
Scarecrow is cool.
Bomb Egg, thats how Bomb Egg should have been from the start.
Gear Changer is cool.
Magnet- Its actual name was [i]Mange[/i] Doll, btw.
Night Joker is pretty hilarious, as far as hand traps go.
Scissor Arms: See, Babyface.
Nightmare... Lets see....
Call of the Haunted/Reborn/Limit Reverse/etc -> Inferno Reckless -> Auto-Win with Destiny Leo.

All around, still better then the originals in a lot of ways.

I played a Yugioh game not too long ago that had all TCG/OCG/anime/manga cards, I gotta tell you, Puppets don't really work that well on their own, they need heavy support from other sources to get their engine going. Also, Babyface, since it's a Fairy, has absolutely NO place in these, I don't know why they didn't make it a machine like the rest. Scissor Arms is good for Destiny Strings, to speed up a little but if you don't have the equip he's pretty much a dead draw.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1353541127' post='6075178']
Babyface, despite being 500 times better then its anime counterpart, still seems un-needed. [b]It still does here what it's purpose is, nom on an Xyz Monster twice in a row with Giant Killer or have additional monsters to put String Counters on.[/b]
Scarecrow is cool. [b]Was deciding to put that extra effect to make it more scarecrow like. Seems a bit off but, you seem to like it. [/b]
Bomb Egg, thats how Bomb Egg should have been from the start. [b]Yeah, very nice touch for this guy. Sets up Necro Doll and those Revival Puppet spells, (which i will get to soon) and gets a small amount of burn in.[/b]
Gear Changer is cool. [b]Serves exactly the same purpose, only now you cant abuse with Machine Dupe.[/b]
Magnet- Its actual name was [i]Mange[/i] Doll, btw. [b]​Was it? My apologies. [/b]
Night Joker is pretty hilarious, as far as hand traps go. [b]Most people hate the destroyed by battle clauses on monsters, so i decided to give this more power. [/b]
Scissor Arms: See, Babyface. [b]This one i totally agree on, but I couldnt not include cards from the anime. So I made it less restricted to equip-spells, making it more playable.[/b]
Nightmare... Lets see....
Call of the Haunted/Reborn/Limit Reverse/etc -> Inferno Reckless -> Auto-Win with Destiny Leo. [b]WELP Forgot about Inferno. Added a restriction so this is no longer possible.[/b]

All around, still better then the originals in a lot of ways.
[/quote]

[quote name='Maxxion' timestamp='1353543377' post='6075204']
I played a Yugioh game not too long ago that had all TCG/OCG/anime/manga cards, I gotta tell you, Puppets don't really work that well on their own, they need heavy support from other sources to get their engine going. Also, Babyface, since it's a Fairy, has absolutely NO place in these, I don't know why they didn't make it a machine like the rest. Scissor Arms is good for Destiny Strings, to speed up a little but if you don't have the equip he's pretty much a dead draw.
[/quote]

Why babyface is a fairy is really beyond me, but hey. IV's monsters were all meant to come as unsettling to their opponent, hence their bizarre and creepy appearances.

Archived