I Try to Break Ice Counters with 2 cards

Agro

[b]Snowdust Palace
[color=#008000]Spell[/color] / Field[/b]
When a card with Ice Counters is removed from the field, place Ice Counters on this card equal to the amount of Ice Counters on that card before it was removed. At each of your End Phases: Place 1 Ice Counter on every face-up monster on the field. Destroy any monster that has over 5 Ice Counters after this effect is applied. If this card is removed from the field: You can place Ice Counters on any face-up cards on the field equal to the amount of Ice Counters on this card when removed.

[b]Snowdust Sorcerer
[color=#0000ff]WATER[/color] / Level 4
[ Spellcaster / Effect ][/b]
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. You can tribute 1 WATER monster; Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned: You can discard 1 card; place 2 Ice Counters on face-up 1 monster on the field other than this card. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Ice Counter on the field; draw 1 card.
[b]ATK / 1500 DEF / 1500[/b]

[b]Snowdust Sentinels[/b]
[b][color=#008000]Spell[/color] / Quickplay[/b]
Special Summon 2 "Snowdust Tokens" (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 2/ATK 1500/DEF 0) in face-up Defense Position. When a "Snowdust Token" is destroyed, place 2 Ice Counters on 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. You cannot Special Summon any monsters this turn, except WATER monsters. You can only activate 1 "Snowdust Sentinels" per turn.

[b]Snowdust Colossus[/b]
[b][color=#0000ff]WATER[/color] / Rank 8[/b]
[b][ Rock / Xyz / Effect ][/b]
2 Level 8 WATER monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card: Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand or Graveyard. If a WATER monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle: For every 2 Ice Counters on the destroyed monster, target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy those targeted monsters.
[b]ATK / 3200 DEF / 1600[/b]

Snowdust Giant and Cold Enchanter reward you for placing Ice Counters on themselves. And they can't place Ice Counters on a Field Spell Card. So this is a double-edged sword with them. Snowman Creator and Snow Dragon don't do anything with Ice Counters. Ice Queen and Snowdust Dragon punish you for having Ice Counters on your monsters.

Sorcerer's last effect is the important one, but the fact that it pays for its own Summon is lovely. If you wanted to "break" the Deck, maybe you should've made it a Normal Summon monster.

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1354476496' post='6083386']
Snowdust Giant and Cold Enchanter reward you for placing Ice Counters on themselves. And they can't place Ice Counters on a Field Spell Card. So this is a double-edged sword with them. Snowman Creator and Snow Dragon don't do anything with Ice Counters. Ice Queen and Snowdust Dragon punish you for having Ice Counters on your monsters.

Sorcerer's last effect is the important one, but the fact that it pays for its own Summon is lovely. If you wanted to "break" the Deck, maybe you should've made it a Normal Summon monster.
[/quote]Snowdust Giant and Cold Enchanter gain ATK for however many Ice Counters are on the field. Ice Queen and Snowdust Dragon are still great as the only monsters on the field (Ice Queen is also good if the other monsters you have are Snow Dragons)

I'm mainly trying to make them good. Which probably means I should make one more (or one and 2 S/T) having to do with having Ice Counters on the field.

[quote name='Bringerofcake' timestamp='1354780488' post='6086577']
Other than that, I think Ice monsters might be able to get away with this. Maybe not Tier 1, but still pretty solid.

The only thing I could think of to add would be a sort of Photon Sanctuary/Searing Fire Wall card that summons Ice Tokens that die and turn into Ice Counters.
[/quote]I actually really like that idea, a Photon Sanctuary that also works as a replacement for Ice Dragon.

I've also made a Rank 8 Xyz to make better use of Snowdust.

Oh man, Sentinels looks great. You can either leave them as floaters, or they work really well as Tribute Fodder, especially if you go:

Sentinels
Normal Summon Creator, spread 3 Ice counters, pop a card.
Tribute 1 token for Sorc, spread 2 more counters.
Overlay into a Rank 4( and if you went Giant, spread MORE counters).

You'd kill your hand doing so, but that's a potential move that seems pretty great.

[quote name='Bringerofcake' timestamp='1354816849' post='6086859']
Oh man, Sentinels looks great. You can either leave them as floaters, or they work really well as Tribute Fodder, especially if you go:

Sentinels
Normal Summon Creator, spread 3 Ice counters, pop a card.
Tribute 1 token for Sorc, spread 2 more counters.
Overlay into a Rank 4( and if you went Giant, spread MORE counters).

You'd kill your hand doing so, but that's a potential move that seems pretty great.
[/quote]That seems pretty fun. And yeah, the card was definitely meant to do two things depending on what your situation was.

Archived