Dem makes Clear support

Dementuo

[b]Clear Familiar[/b]
Level 3/DARK/Warrior/ATK: 1600/DEF: 600
This card is not treated as a DARK monster at all times. When this card is Normal Summoned: Add one “Clear” card, except "Clear Familiar" from your deck to your hand.

[b]Clear Breaker[/b]
Level 4/DARK/Fiend/ATK: 1800/DEF: 0
This card is not treated as a DARK monster at all times. You can banish one “Clear” monster from your side of the field or your hand; send one card from your opponent’s hand to the Graveyard. This effect of "Clear Breaker" can only be activated once per turn.

[b]Clear Tracer[/b]
Level 6/DARK/Spellcaster/ATK: 2400/DEF: 1400
This card is not treated as a DARK monster at all times. When this card is Normal Summoned: Target one banished “Clear” card: Add that target to your hand.

[b]Clear Emissary[/b]
Level 2/DARK/Fiend/ATK: 900/DEF: 700
This card is not treated as a DARK monster at all times. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon one level 4 or lower “Clear” monster from your deck.

[b]Clear Mirror, Eraser Vice[/b]
Level 8/DARK/Dragon/ATK: 0/DEF: 0
While this card in face-up on the field, you are unaffected by the effects of “Clear World”. Must first be Special Summoned (From your hand) by banishing two “Clear” monsters you control. Your opponent cannot control cards with the same name as a card already face-up on the field. If this card would be targeted or destroyed by battle or a card effect, you can return one banished "Clear" monster to the Graveyard instead. If this card battles an opponent's monster, the ATK of this card becomes twice the ATK of the battling monster, during damage calculation only. At the end of the Damage Step when this card battled a monster: Switch this card to Defense Position.

choosing "this card is not treated as DARK at all times" instead of "the controller of this card is unaffected by 'Clear World'" for most of the monsters really hurts because you lose A LOT of support and techability. you cant use allure or DAD or...anything. additionally, there is very little that ties this together. its got.....a banish engine? okay, but what specifically does that have to do with clear world? besides the fact that none of these monsters are affected by clear world (unless your opponent uses DNA transplant and you dont control clear vice or clear mirror, in which case horns.aiff) i have no reason to run clear world with these cards, basically contradicting the "clear support" these cards claim.

[quote name='clairedestroyer' timestamp='1354947508' post='6088051']
choosing "this card is not treated as DARK at all times" instead of "the controller of this card is unaffected by 'Clear World'" for most of the monsters really hurts because you lose A LOT of support and techability. you cant use allure or DAD or...anything. additionally, there is very little that ties this together. its got.....a banish engine? okay, but what specifically does that have to do with clear world? besides the fact that none of these monsters are affected by clear world (unless your opponent uses DNA transplant and you dont control clear vice or clear mirror, in which case horns.aiff) i have no reason to run clear world with these cards, basically contradicting the "clear support" these cards claim.
[/quote]
They're designed like that for a reason. I kept with the original "Clear monsters are Attribute-less" motif instead of Clear Vice's TCG clause simply [i]because[/i] of those reasons. Also, they are meant to mix with the Anime support, and are intended to work as a Banish-based deck (A few Clear support cards from the Anime worked with banished monsters as well).

the issue is that currently theyre only immune to being DARK. if your opponent activates dna transplant and declares something like fire then uh oh. if thats what youre going for then youd probably have to go for something like "this card is treated as having no Attribute at all times." even then, youd have to give them a lot of support because theyre still missing out on a lot of attribute based support. and i understand wanting to work with the anime cards. and like i said before, i dont mind the banish engine. but even including the anime cards, clear world itself seems almost like an afterthought, which is a very bad place for the supposed centerpeice of an archetype to be.

[quote name='clairedestroyer' timestamp='1354948743' post='6088059']
the issue is that currently theyre only immune to being DARK. if your opponent activates dna transplant and declares something like fire then uh oh. if thats what youre going for then youd probably have to go for something like "this card is treated as having no Attribute at all times." even then, youd have to give them a lot of support because theyre still missing out on a lot of attribute based support. and i understand wanting to work with the anime cards. and like i said before, i dont mind the banish engine. but even including the anime cards, clear world itself seems almost like an afterthought, which is a very bad place for the supposed centerpeice of an archetype to be.
[/quote]
Well, we're not discussing Clear World here, are we?
As for the Attribute thing... No one uses DNA Transplant, except as a side card, if even that.

but my point is when youre making cards you have to think of currently existing cards that could cause unexpected side effects. if these cards were released as is people absolutely would run dna transplant against it, and you cant state youre going for no attribute at all and make it so in reality they can be anything but dark. its either one or the other. and you should absolutely be thinking about clear world. the whole point of them being no attribute was to take full advantage of clear worlds effects. so why keep that part when its detrimental in every other instance? and why slap it onto some generic searchers and banish effects? the cards youve made certainly help each other out, but if it werent for the "clear" at the front of each one id have no idea theyre supposed to be related to the actual cards youre trying to support.

[quote name='clairedestroyer' timestamp='1354950774' post='6088064']
but my point is when youre making cards you have to think of currently existing cards that could cause unexpected side effects. if these cards were released as is people absolutely would run dna transplant against it, and you cant state youre going for no attribute at all and make it so in reality they can be anything but dark. its either one or the other. and you should absolutely be thinking about clear world. the whole point of them being no attribute was to take full advantage of clear worlds effects. so why keep that part when its detrimental in every other instance? and why slap it onto some generic searchers and banish effects? the cards youve made certainly help each other out, but if it werent for the "clear" at the front of each one id have no idea theyre supposed to be related to the actual cards youre trying to support.
[/quote]
This is how the Clear Archetype runs. At this point, you're just nitpicking a minor details. Perfection is not what I go for.

First up: I love Clear cards.

Agree with Dem on not making the user immune to Clear World at all times; as that is and should be reserved for the boss Clear Vice Dragon only. However the anime cards like Phantom/Cube only become 'Clear/Attributeless' while on the field, but are still dark in the grave, etc, adding support for things like Dark Eruption and what not. Just a thought.

Familiar, although the effect is fine as is, is too powerful ATK wise for a +0 in my opinion (esp when Ultimate Offering exists). Emissary is fine in what it does, outclassing Cube at least (from my memory anyway).

Breaker; hmmmm.... I fear loops somehow. Tracer seems fine. The boss is.... interesting....

[quote name='Bahamut Shark' timestamp='1354951902' post='6088068']
First up: I love Clear cards.

Agree with Dem on not making the user immune to Clear World at all times; as that is and should be reserved for the boss Clear Vice Dragon only. However the anime cards like Phantom/Cube only become 'Clear/Attributeless' while on the field, but are still dark in the grave, etc, adding support for things like Dark Eruption and what not. Just a thought.

Familiar, although the effect is fine as is, is too powerful ATK wise for a +0 in my opinion (esp when Ultimate Offering exists). Emissary is fine in what it does, outclassing Cube at least (from my memory anyway).

Breaker; hmmmm.... I fear loops somehow. Tracer seems fine. The boss is.... interesting....
[/quote]
Eruption, didn't think of that. Familiar, I suppose I'll cut the ATK to 1600. Breaker will be changed to "This effect can only be activated once per turn".

Archived