The Ban Pack #1

Agro

[size=6][u][b]Forbidden Pack 1: FP01[/b][/u][/size]
[indent=1][b]- 5 Cards per pack[/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b]- 1 Secret, 4 Supers per pack[/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b]- All cards in the set are available as Supers OR Secret[/b][/indent]

[b]The basic idea behind this pack is to basically make it a Premium Pack that would be released the first day of each banlist to make "replacements" for cards that are banned with or before the ban list. Can you guess which are which?[/b]

[b]Newly Banned Cards Would Be:[/b]
Elemental HERO Stratos
Lonefire Blossom
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Heavy Storm
Atlantean Dragoons
Tour Guide from the Underworld

[b]Pack List:[/b]

[b]EN001 Magician of Dark Chaos
[color=#800080]DARK[/color] / Level 8
[ Spellcaster / Effect ][/b]
This banished card cannot be Special Summoned or added to the hand, Deck or Graveyard. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 banished Spell Card; add that target to your hand. This effect of "Magician of Dark Chaos" can only be activated once per duel. Banish any monster destroyed by battle with this card. If this face-up card would leave the field, banish it instead.
[b]ATK / 2800 DEF / 2600

EN002 Compound Magician
[color=#800080]DARK[/color] / Level 1
[ Spellcaster / Effect ][/b]
You can pay 1000 Life Points and tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck in face-up Attack or Defense Position. This effect of "Compound Magician" can only be activated once per turn. That Fusion Monster cannot attack your opponent's Life Points directly, and is returned to your Fusion Deck at the end of the turn.
[b]ATK / 300 DEF / 300

EN003 Brain Blaster
[color=#ffd700]LIGHT[/color] / Level 1
[ Psychic / Tuner ][/b]
Once per turn: You can pay 800 Life Points and Tribute 1 Psychic-Type monster, except "Brain Blaster"; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Psychic-Type monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.
[b]ATK / 100 DEF / 200

EN004 Elemental HERO Airman
[color=#006400]WIND[/color] / Level 4
[ Warrior / Effect ][/b]
You cannot Special Summon the turn this card is Normal Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can activate 1 of these effects;
● You can destroy Spell/Trap Cards on the field, up to the number of other "HERO" monsters you control.
● Add 1 "HERO" monster from your Deck to your hand.
[b]ATK / 1800 DEF / 300

EN005 Lonefire Sprout
[color=#ff0000]FIRE[/color] / Level 1
[ Plant / Tuner ][/b]
Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 face-up Plant-Type monster, except "Lonefire Sprout"; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Plant-Type monster from your Deck.
[b]ATK / 100 DEF / 200

EN006 Atlantean Paladin
[color=#0000ff]WATER[/color] / Level 4
[ Sea Serpent / Effect ][/b]
When this card is sent from the hand to the Graveyard to activate a WATER monster's effect You can add 1 Level 4 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, except for "Atlantean Paladin".
[b]ATK / 1800 DEF / 0

EN007 Salesman from the Underworld
[color=#800080]DARK[/color] / Level 3
[ Fiend / Effect ][/b]
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 3 Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but its effects on the field and in the Graveyard are negated. This card cannot be used as Synchro Material. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Banish it.
[b]ATK / 1000 DEF / 1000

EN008 Shackled Argus
[color=#800080]DARK[/color] / Level 1
[ Spellcaster / Fusion / Effect ][/b]
1 Spellcaster-Type monster + 1 Spellcaster-Type monster
A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters. When this card is Summoned: The effects of all other face-up Effect Monsters currently on the field are negated while they are face-up on the field. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field; equip it to this card (you can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card). The ATK and DEF of this card is the same as the monster equipped to this card. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle, the equipped monster is destroyed instead.
[b]ATK / 0 DEF / 0

EN009 Goyo Samurai
[color=#a52a2a]EARTH[/color] / Level 6
[ Warrior / Synchro / Effect ][/b]
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon that monster to your side of the field in face-up Defense Position. If this card leaves the field, send every card Special Summoned by this effect to the Graveyard.
[b]ATK / 2100 DEF / 1300

EN010 T.G. Book Keeper
[color=#800080]DARK[/color] / Level 5
[ Spellcaster / Synchro / Effect ][/b]
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, when a monster is Synchro Summoned: Draw 1 card. This card must be face-up on the field to activate and resolve this effect.
[b]ATK / 2400 DEF / 1800

EN011 Barrier Knight Dewloren
[color=#0000ff]WATER[/color] / Level 6
[ Warrior / Synchro / Effect ][/b]
1 Tuner + 1 or more WATER Tuner
You can target up to 2 face-up cards you control; return them to the owner's hand, and for each card returned to the owner's hand by this effect, this card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase. The effect of "Barrier Knight Tigre" can only be activated once per turn.
[b]ATK / 2000 DEF / 1400

EN012 Icewave Baton
[color=#008000]Spell[/color] / Quickplay[/b]
Negate the effects of all Spell Cards until the End Phase. If you activate this effect, you cannot set or activate other Spell/Trap cards until your next End Phase.

[b]EN013 Maelstrom
[color=#008000]Spell[/color][/b]
Destroy all Spell/Trap cards on the field. You cannot Special Summon a monster or conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. Each player can only activate one "Maelstrom" per duel.

[b]EN014 Nightmare Resurgence
[color=#008000]Spell[/color][/b]
Discard 4 cards. Draw until you have 4 cards in your hand. You cannot Special Summon the turn you activate this effect.

[b]EN015 Royal Exclusion
[color=#ee82ee]Trap[/color][/b]
Pay 1500 Life Points. Effect Monsters cannot be Special Summoned this turn. You cannot Special Summon or conduct your Battle Phase during your next turn after this card's activation.

The restriction on Salesman isn't going to work because it doesn't "leave the field" when you Overlay.

Icewave Baton is MORE broken than Cold Wave because you can chain it to any Spell Card you don't like. Its name is awesome though.

Designing Heavy Storm to be inherently Limited is not "fixing" it.

Why would anyone ever use Nightmare Resurgence?

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1355019540' post='6088685']
Its funny, a lot of these are just small, minor changes to their existing counterparts, and they then becomes perfectly balanced.

Example, being Brain Blaster; Its literally the [i]exact same[/i] as Mind Master, but has a Once-per-turn clause.
[/quote]Exactly. So many of these cards missed being balanced by as little as 3 words. It's kind of depressing, actually.

Anyway, I'm planning at least 2 more of these banpacks.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1355019602' post='6088687']
Exactly. So many of these cards missed being balanced by as little as 3 words. It's kind of depressing, actually.[/quote]
Dark Strike Fighter, for example.
Anime was a Once-per-turn- WHY THE HELL DID THEY REMOVE THAT!?

Also for your Goyo, is 2100 [i]really[/i] that much of a nerf?
I can understand 2800's ridiculousness, but 2100 just makes it seem too weak. Especially when paired with his other drawbacks.
Would 2400 be fine?

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1355019558' post='6088686']
The restriction on Salesman isn't going to work because it doesn't "leave the field" when you Overlay.

[b]My bad. I'll make it so that it banishes itself once sent to the Graveyard.[/b]

Icewave Baton is MORE broken than Cold Wave because you can chain it to any Spell Card you don't like. Its name is awesome though.

[b]Perhaps. I had basically meant to make it like a Trap stun. I'll give it a little bit of editing.[/b]

Designing Heavy Storm to be inherently Limited is not "fixing" it.

[b]Designing it to not enable OTKs is though.[/b]

Why would anyone ever use Nightmare Resurgence?
[/quote]Because you can.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1355019724' post='6088689']
Also for your Goyo, is 2100 [i]really[/i] that much of a nerf?
I can understand 2800's ridiculousness, but 2100 just makes it seem too weak. Especially when paired with his other drawbacks.
Would 2400 be fine?
[/quote]I had it at 2400, but I'm worried about that being too much as well. .-.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1355019855' post='6088690']
I had it at 2400, but I'm worried about that being too much as well. .-.[/quote]
How so?
2400 puts it on par with Monarchs, but still being able to run over things like Cyber Dragon/Photon Thrasher, but still loses to monsters like Stardust.
2800, originally, was much different because of how high it's ATK was, and because it could run over damn near everything.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1355022400' post='6088712']
How so?
2400 puts it on par with Monarchs, but still being able to run over things like Cyber Dragon/Photon Thrasher, but still loses to monsters like Stardust.
2800, originally, was much different because of how high it's ATK was, and because it could run over damn near everything.
[/quote]I guess. I guess since the Xyz format began being OVER 2400 was the new thing, so being AT 2400 would be fine now.

Awesome. I just really like the idea for these cards, and I think Konami could learn a lesson or two from them. I think it would be funny if one of us was hired by Konami to be a card maker, lol.

I agree with armz that goyo would be fine at 23-24. Although magician of dark chaos would be broken as hayl in a macro monarchs build.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1355187706' post='6090265']
So you left Goyo at 2100, huh?

Alright, how about Rescue Rabbit? I wanna' see your take on that.
[/quote]I'm mainly sticking away from cards that already got a "more balanced" version of themselves, and those "more balanced" versions as well.

Archived