Was I wrong or right ?

I was dueling someone and they summoned sniper wolf, so I played bottomless trap hole. The person keeps insisting that sniper wolf effect is immediate and it gets priority, I know that's wrong but I let them do it anyway because I didn't want to piss the person off and get into an argument.

But was I correct shouldn't sniper have been destroyed automatically with activation of effect, it was via YVD that this took place, a next guy telling me that the maximum card you can have in your deck is 60.

they activate the effect as soon as its summoned...

but its effect isn't like monarchs where it gets it when it's summoned automatically. so how can you activate an effect if a bottomless is activated. It's like saying if my opponent summoned breaker they could still use its effect even if I flip out trap hole as long as they activate it immediately.

but its effect isn't like monarchs where it gets it when it's summoned automatically. so how can you activate an effect if a bottomless is activated. It's like saying if my opponent summoned breaker they could still use its effect even if I flip out trap hole as long as they activate it immediately.

I think there are 2 possibilities:

Opp: I summon Snipe Hunter!

Opp: I call priority and use his effect!

You: I chain.

*Chain resolves backwards' date=' Snipe is destroyed*[hr']

You: I activate bottomless!

Opp: I activate his effect!

*Chain resolves backwards, bottomless is destroyed*

And the same goes for Breaker.

this was my scenario, but tell me so his effect would still go off even if I take it out.

no there is 1 possibility

Opp: I Summon snipe hunter and activate its effect

You: I chain bottomless trap hole

Snipe removed from play but effect still going so u can destroy a card if the dice doesn't land on 1 or 6

Snipe removed from play but effect still going so u can destroy a card if the dice doesn't land on 1 or 6

ok thanks for clearing that up, so is their anyway to stop it's effect from going off and killing it.

ok thanks for clearing that up, so is their anyway to stop it's effect from going off and killing it.

cards like divine wrath will do that

priority is the right of a player to be 1st in the chain. If a card is played with priority such as zombie master, exiled force, snipe hunter then to activate the card must be summoned successfully. Bottomless trap only activates when a monster has been successfully summoned. This means that the effect of the monster is activating as soon as it hits the field.

Archived