Bahamut Shark - Phantom Beast Planes

Am I seriously in first here? Oh well, here's some support. Not sure how good/bad/necessary/broken any of it is, subject to much change of theme or balance. Would like help.

????-029 [b]Phantom Beast Plane Swift-Hawk[/b]
[color=#00FF00][b]WIND[/b][/color]
Machine/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane Token" (WIND/Machine-Type/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Phantom Beast Plane Tokens" you control. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects while you control a Token. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Token to target 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" monster you control; your opponent cannot activate card effects when that target attacks until the end of the Damage Step.
ATK 1300 / DEF 500

????-030 [b]Phantom Beast Plane Eagle-Bomber[/b]
Machine/Effect
During either player's turn: When a card your opponent controls is destroyed; Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane Token" (WIND/Machine-Type/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). You can only activate this effect once per turn. This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Phantom Beast Plane Tokens" you control. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects while you control a Token. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Token to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls whose ATK is lower than this cards: send that target to the Graveyard.
ATK 1800 / DEF 1600

????-045 [b]Phantom Beast Plane Condor-SAC[/b]
Machine/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 6 WIND monsters:
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Special Summon 2 "Phantom Beast Plane Tokens" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects while you control a Token. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and Tribute 1 Token; Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" monster from your Deck. Its effect(s) cannot be activated and this card cannot attack this turn.
ATK 2200/ DEF 2700

????-059 [b]Airbase Support 1[/b]
[color=#008080][b]SPELL[/b][/color]
Field Spell Card
Once per turn: When a Token is Special Summoned to your field; Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" Token (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). Once per turn: You can Tribute 2 "Phantom Beast Plane" Tokens; add 1 WIND Machine-type monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card would be destroyed: you can Tribute 1 Token instead.

????-075 [b]Attack Formation - Spear Head[/b]
[color=#800080][b]TRAP[/b][/color]
Normal Trap Card
Tribute all "Phantom Beast Plane" Tokens you control. Then activate the following effect(s) depending on the number of Tokens Tributed:
-1 or more: Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" monster from your Graveyard.
-2 or more: Destroy up to 2 cards your opponent controls.
-3 or more: Add 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" card from your Deck to your hand.

Mainly unsure about the field spell (how long has it been since an archtype got a field spell, Meklords?) and the balance of Bomber. Please help.

[quote name='Bahamut Shark' timestamp='1355868585' post='6097288']
????-029 [b]Phantom Beast Plane Swift-Hawk[/b]
[color=#00ff00][b]WIND[/b][/color]
Machine/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane Token" (WIND/Machine-Type/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Phantom Beast Plane Tokens" you control. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects while you control a Token. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Token to target 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" [b]monster[/b] you control; your opponent cannot activate card effects when that [s]monster[/s] [b]target[/b] attacks until the end of the Damage Step.
ATK 1300 / DEF 500

[/quote]

Not very impressed with this one, since without having played the Deck I have no way of knowing whether an ancient gear clause is useful or just a waste of Tokens. In terms of fixes, since there isn't a card called "Phantom Beast Plane", the word monster needs to go after it. Then, when you mention targeting, you [i]always [/i]say 'that target' afterwards.

[quote]
????-030 [b]Phantom Beast Plane Eagle-Bomber[/b]
Machine/Effect
[b]During either player's turn,[/b] When a card your opponent controls is destroyed: Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane Token" (WIND/Machine-Type/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). You can only activate this effect once per turn[s], during either players turn[/s]. This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Phantom Beast Plane Tokens" you control. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects while you control a Token. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Token to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls whose ATK is lower than this cards: send [s]it[/s] [b]that target[/b] to the Graveyard.
ATK 1800 / DEF 1600
[/quote]

Now this one I like better. Getting around stall like nobody's business. Level 4 to go Big Eye afterwards, too. One would usually say it's a bit too good, but let's face it, the game is s*** already.

I might be wrong on this one, but I think the OPT clause works up there, with the rest of the timing. Then once again, 'that target'.

[quote]
????-045 [b]Phantom Beast Plane Condor-SAC[/b]
Machine/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 6 WIND monsters:
When this card is Xyz Summoned successfully: Special Summon 2 "Phantom Beast Plane Tokens" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects while you control a Token. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and Tribute 1 Token to Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" [b]monster[/b] from your Deck. Its effect(s) cannot be activated and this card cannot attack this turn.
ATK 2200/ DEF 2700
[/quote]

No idea what a SAC even is! 8D Sea Aircraft Carrier?

The SS effect, is it like Fortress? Not starting a chain? If it isn't, then it should read "You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and Tribute 1 Token[size=5][b];[/b][/size] [s]to[/s] Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" [b]monster[/b] from your Deck."

I like that the Level 3s can now make a PB.

I'm not sure "successfully" is used anymore, but I dunno. Then there is the issue with "monster".

[quote]
????-059 [b]Airbase Support 1[/b]
[color=#008080][b]SPELL[/b][/color]
Field Spell Card
Once per turn: When a Token is Special Summoned to your field; Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" Token (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). Once per turn: You can Tribute 2 "Phantom Beast Plane" Tokens[b][size=5];[/size][/b] [s]to[/s] add 1 WIND Machine-type monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card would be destroyed[size=8]: [/size]you can Tribute 1 Token instead.
[/quote]

Basically doubles the amount of Tokens you drop, but isn't there a card that does that already?

You forgot a semi-colon there, as you can see.

Oh and there is ALWAYS going to be a colon after timing, lack of cost implies lack of semi-colon.

[quote]
????-075 [b]Attack Formation - Spear Head[/b]
[color=#800080][b]TRAP[/b][/color]
Normal Trap Card
Tribute all "Phantom Beast Plane" Tokens you control[size=8].[/size] Then activate the following effect(s) depending on the number of Tokens Tributed:
-1: Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" [b]monster[/b] from your Graveyard.
-2: Destroy up to 2 cards your opponent controls.
-3: Add 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" card from your Deck to your hand.
[/quote]

I don't see why you'd use the third effect. Also by the way it's worded, doesn't it do nothing if you Tribute 4?

There are usually no colons in S/Ts with only one effect. [s]Bluh bluh "monster".[/s]

[hr]

As for the last archetype which got a Field Spell... Daaaaaaark Wooooorl? (Not counting Chaos Zone because it's s***)

[hr]

*drops dead* Now I remember why I don't do this too often.

[quote name='Mugendramon' timestamp='1355871045' post='6097353']
Awesome review of awesome

[hr]

As for the last archetype which got a Field Spell... Daaaaaaark Wooooorl? (Not counting Chaos Zone because it's s***)

[hr]

*drops dead* Now I remember why I don't do this too often.
[/quote]

Made the fixes to OCG and stuff. Yeah I'm not all that overwhelmed by the Field Spell either. Spear Head I was just trying to not go overboard, since tributing 2 tokens grants you a monster and destroys 2. No you don't get anything for tributing four. There's no real need. Else I'd have to go five while I was at it 8D

SAC I looked up on wiki, think it has several meaning can be derived from it; like its short for a British RAF position/rank or an American base term amongst others.

Thanks for that. Your hard work has gone rewarded (as much as possible)

Just a few minor things:
[quote name='Bahamut Shark' timestamp='1355871650' post='6097361']
No you don't get anything for tributing four. There's no real need. Else I'd have to go five while I was at it 8D
[/quote]

Then why not make the "tribute three" effect "three or more"? That seems the most sensible because you would probably WANT to clear your field of tokens if you had 4 or 5.

Also, is Airbase Support 1 going to have a proper name?

[quote name='Bringerofcake' timestamp='1356239532' post='6099740']
Just a few minor things:

Then why not make the "tribute three" effect "three or more"? That seems the most sensible because you would probably WANT to clear your field of tokens if you had 4 or 5.

Also, is Airbase Support 1 going to have a proper name?
[/quote]

Will be fixed. The effects are unaccumulative anyway though; tributing 3 triggers them all (or is meant to anyway), so I dunno if it needs changing.

Airbase Support 1 will be lucky if it's not replaced in truth.

Thinking a archtype-specific Reborn (think Overwound Spring for Wind-Ups) since the card art/name would be pretty easy, or just another 'Formation' card.

Thanks for commenting though.

Oh, if that's the case then ALL the effects need "or more" in their text in order to have the effects accumulate.

As for the field spell: Awww, I wanted to call it Hornbase Airfield (in honor of the actual Phantom Beasts from which I have just drawn a bizarre idea)

An archetype specific reborn could work, but make it do something with the Tokens also. Idk what, since I barely remember all of the cards.

Maybe call them "Phantom Formations"? Alliteration is always cool.

EDIT: Here's something:

Scramble the Jets!
Normal Spell
Target 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in Defense Position. If this face-down card leaves the field, Special Summon a "Phantom Beast Plane" monster from your hand. This effect of "Scramble the Jets!" can only be activated once per turn.

[quote name='Bringerofcake' timestamp='1356240640' post='6099761']
Oh, if that's the case then ALL the effects need "or more" in their text in order to have the effects accumulate.

As for the field spell: Awww, I wanted to call it Hornbase Airfield (in honor of the actual Phantom Beasts from which I have just drawn a bizarre idea)

An archetype specific reborn could work, but make it do something with the Tokens also. Idk what, since I barely remember all of the cards.

Maybe call them "Phantom Formations"? Alliteration is always cool.

EDIT: Here's something:

Scramble the Jets!
Normal Spell
Target 1 "Phantom Beast Plane" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in Defense Position. If this face-down card leaves the field, Special Summon a "Phantom Beast Plane" monster from your hand. This effect of "Scramble the Jets!" can only be activated once per turn.
[/quote]

Fixed.

I see, yeah, maybe I'll do that.

There's already a card called Scramble...

Archived