[MTG] Crush of Wurms

[img]http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/cards/10270.jpg[/img]
[size=1]Edit: Image broke for me, and it may have for other people, so I fixed it.[/size]
As someone who hasn't played this game at all aside from a PS1 video game where I pretty much used low-level Green stuff like Grizzly Bears, Killer Bees (or something like that), and Llanowar Elves (and to a lesser extent, some 1W stuff like Tundra Wolves and Savannah Lions), this card looks pretty cool. It also looks hella expensive to play, but I'm not sure how expensive it really is.

So, uh, tell me how much this sucks, how much better it would be to spend your nine (or twelve) of your mana on other stuff, that I should get out of the Other TCG now before you get infuriated and throw a stapler, and how much Green's beatdowns are annoying. Because I honestly don't know. I was going to try Cockatrice, but I just didn't feel like it anymore after very long. Dunno why. :S

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1355917574' post='6098005']
Depends what format really. Best way to spend crap tons of mana in Standard: Craterhoof Behemoth. Best way to spend crap tons of mana in other formats: don't. You won't win.

Garruk, Primal Hunter does somthing similar to Crush of Wurms anyway.[/quote]
Not completely true. Griselbrand/Omniscience+Door+Nicol Bolas/Angel of Serenity are very real contenders. In Modern, best way to spend tons of mana is to play Tron and hardcore ramp into Emrakul or another Eldrazi which is also very viable. In Legacy, Show and Tell's a thing so you could cheat your way to playing some high cost cards, but Crush of Wurms might not be the best use for it. Also, you could use it in EDH if you're into that, but I personally hate that format with a burning passion.

Archived