SIII: Seven Swords Saga [ IC / Started / Not Accepting ]

.:Blu:.

Kokoro slashed at the distant enemies with his halberd, but with part of his drunken concentration on the oni he couldn't get a direct hit and only kept them on the defensive. After dodging a flurry of attacks from the oni, the ground shook beneath Kokoro, causing him to loose footing and fall on his back. At this, the oni smiled, which wasn't exactly the nicest thing in the world, due to the manner of its teeth. "Now you die." it declared with a downward swing.

"I might be a minute, Mori." Kokoro's halberd dropped lifelessly to the ground as he put all of his mind into what he was about to do. He raised his hands towards the falling kanabō, and forced his nature energy towards it with as much force as he could muster. Thankfully the weapon had no wards around it, so his nature energy could be manipulated into it. In the same method he makes his halberd weightless to himself, Kokoro tried to do the same to the oni's weapon, as well as he could. But the swing was quick, and the process was not an instant thing, so he could only decrease its weight towards him by a fraction. He managed to catch the lighter kanabō and kept it from crushing him completely, but there was still a lot of force behind the swing, pushing him further into the ground, the soil cracking beneath his back.

The oni gave a confused look and tried another swing, but Kokoro managed to pull himself up and jump out of the way. However, he was not without injury and was obviously in pain. The shock of the blow and the action of catching the weapon cracked a few of his ribs and dislocated his right shoulder. The pain brought him out of his stupor. "More... than a minute." He called back his halberd, needing to finish this battle quickly before anything else happened. Thankfully he was ambidextrous, so his injured right arm was not needed. He charged the oni, which struck at his head, but whose strike was easily ducked under. With a quick spin Kokoro slashed at the oni's hand, leaving a large gash which caused it to drop its weapon. Kokoro quickly jumped into the air, flying above the oni's head with the help of his magic, and swung downward with a vertical strike directly at the oni's head, which would hopefully be the finishing blow.

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Unfortunately for Mori, Kokoro couldn't help her for long which she understood seeing as he was up against an Oni. His floating sword fell to the group leaving Mori to deal with the men coming at her alone. Now there were two more joining the fray, leaving her to fight four alone. Kokoro then said he would need more than a minute and called his sword back to him, "Don't worry, you just try not to die over there." She replied, before focusing on her own problem. Without warning two of them rushed Mori. Like Yudai said Mori was weak when it came to swordsmanship, and Mori new that herself. However, if there was one thing she knew she was good at was agility. So she waited, letting both of them get close. When they both swung down, Mori leaped back before swinging in a wide horizontal arc hoping to cut both of them but it didn't work. She misjudged her distance and just missed them. Instead of stopping her attack, she took another step forward while switching the grip she had on her handle allowing her to bring her sword right back. Thanks to the extra step in she covered the small distance and managed to cut both of them in the stomach. However, it wasn't deep enough to put them down.[/color]

[color=#000000]"Damn wench! You'll pay for that!" One yelled once again swinging down on her. This time Mori blocked it but that wasn't a smart move. Though the man was unskilled, he easily won over her when it came to strength and Mori was quickly being overpower. She grunted from the strain. From the corner of her eyes she saw the second guy move behind her. Knowing that he was going to strike her she needed to get away, but she was stuck with the first guy. Mori glanced down and saw her opening. Giving one final push - to which the guy pushed down harder - she dropped to her hands and knees, crawling through his legs. It was just in time because the guy that moved behind her had tried to stab her. However, since she moved he stabbed his ally in the chest instead, the man dropping to the ground dead.[/color]

[color=#000000]"Wh-what..." Mori muttered wide eyed and in shock. The other's seem to be shocked too but it turned into anger and the remaining three rushed her, all screaming for her to die. Quickly she scrambled to her feet only to have to dodge seconds later. Thankfully her speed allowed her to dodge their wide swings - though compared to the guys she fought earlier they were much slower. Even so they didn't leave much room for her to counter, so she was stuck in a stalemate.[/color][/font][/size]

Seeing that he had now been surrounded Takeo let out a sigh. "You know, it was obvious this was going to happen but I guess a small part of me was still hoping you guys would pick life over death. There goes my faith in humanity." In his mind though Takeo was freaking out. "[i]Crap crap crap. It's bad enough that I'm in this situation already but now I have to fight all these guys by myself. It doesn't help that i'll have to protect Yui. Somebody really has it in for me.[/i]" It was then that Yui had asked them what they were going to do now. "[i]I have to think of something quick. There's no way I can fight all these guys and running away isn't an option when I'm surrounded and I have to save both Mei and Yui. There's no way they'll just go at me one on one either. Welp, time to bullsh*t it.[/i]"

Takeo began to not even even acknowledge that he was surrounded by guards. He set his sights on the only guy that really mattered. "Hey, f*ckass! You gonna get off that elaborate toilet seat and get down here to fight me or are you just gonna act like some sort of pussy? I'm sure that b*tch next to you isn't being impressed by your ability to tell talk. Although if you want, I really don't mind if you stay there." He pulled out another arrow and set the sights of his bow at Yoshida. "I'm a pretty damn good shot if you haven't noticed. Wait, the hell am I waiting for? I have a f*cking arrow pointed at you!" He released the string of his bow and the arrow which had gained a faint green glow went straight towards Yoshida.

Archived