[Striker] Revival Beetle

Revival Beetle
DARK
Insect/Effect
400/0
[i]Cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard or banished pile. Once per turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower Insect-Type monsters from your Deck (excluding Revival Beetle). Those monsters are treated as Normal Monsters and have their effect(s) negated as long as they are face-up on the field and in the Graveyard. During your End Phase: Destroy the Summoned monsters.[/i]

Giving Insects some Xyz ability. Second part of the effect is to prevent Insektors from taking full advantage of this card. Hope you enjoy this old card from my archive. So, CnC?

[i]Note: I don't expect this to be any good. Just thought it would be nice to post this.[/i]

I have a list of problems with this card:

1. As it stands, the summoned monsters still get their effects, which means that inzekderps WOULD take advantage of this. I don't think that searching out a dragonfly and a hornet for no cost whatsoever is fair in the least. In fact, this card would probably make zektors meta again.
2. It can search out itself, leading to a stewpid stewpid loop.
3. Might as well call this card Rescue Beetle, because that's what it really is.

Please make it unable to be special summoned from anywhere and negate the summoned monsters' effects. Even after that, I can't say I like this card.

Archived