Wizards of Breol Forest [PG-13/Started/Accepting/IC]

Alice Moonflowyr

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/293399-wizards-of-breol-forest-pg-13not-startedaccepting/"]OOC Link[/url]

Mel walked down a large hill, sweating. The city was far behind him, and he was quite tired from hiking all day. Thankfully he could see the Rock a bit further ahead, and he got a burst of energy and bolted down towards the rock. He reached the rock, and collapsed against it, punching a fist in the air. He was the first one there, and he decided to sit down in the shade for a nap. [i]They can wake me. Slowpokes.[/i] Mel snoozed off.

////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

A dark tower stood in the center of the forest. Wasteland surrounded it in a radius of about a mile and a half, with a few dead trees here and there, but nothing else. The tower was made out of some kind of glossy black metal or rock, like obsidian. Surrounding the tower was a wall made out of logs, with battlements at the halfway points of the walls and the towers. Skeletons manned the battlments, with bows made of a strange wood, and swords made out of a metal with a dark feeling to it. At the front gate, leading towards the tower, there was a huge goliath of a zombie, tied down and struggling. A small legion of mages tended to the zombie, keeping it down.

On the top floor of the tower stood a tall figure, looking out at the fields around the tower. He reached towards a desk, his hands bony and wrinkled. He picked up a wooden pipe, and it started smoking, seemingly of it's own accord. He took a deep breath of the stuff, exhaling slowly. The army was progressing well. The creatures of the forest were staying back. The runes were almost gathered. He had no reason to feel uneasy. Yet the man atop the tower felt like his work was yet to be finished, more preperations to be made before his strike against the cities. He just didnt know what it was...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[i]“If I’m not mistaken, the rock should be...”[/i] Jakarias looked up from his map. [i]“Ah! Right there.”[/i] Indeed, right before him was Allvia’s Rock.

“If you had bothered looking around, you would have found the thing a while ago,” said his hat and Jak sighed in exasperation. He had spent the last week listening to his hat blabber on and on and he was utterly tired of it.

There was already a wizard sitting by the Rock. Jak walked right up to the guy and realized the person was sleeping. He stood there debating on whether or not he should wake the guy up. After a minute of thinking it through, he decided that it would be fine to have some company. Figuring that touching the guy might be rude, most people shied away from him, he casted a small Lantern Blast, half the size of the usual, and blew it up right in front of the guy’s face, careful not to catch the guy in the blast.

As the wizard stirred, Jak’s hat spoke up, actually talking in place of Jak as Jak’s vocal cords were broken. “‘Heya, how’s it going? My name is Jakarias, but you can call me Jak. You are... Mel?’ he says.”

The quiet clinking of steel plates together in time with the rhythmic footsteps of their wearer heralded the arrival of the next mage at Allvia's rock. Of course anyone who bothered to look up from whatever they happened to be doing would see at once the bright orange and white of the robes covering this armor. That and the way that his copper-brown hair seemed to shimmer in the sunlight made him hard to miss. Alaster von Kroll wore a wide smile upon his face as he approached the rock, but despite this he was feeling the exhaustion of a long journey upon him. A journey which had been made all the more exhausting by his trek through the Orc-inftested mountains surrounding his home. Still, the Battlemage was in one piece and that was far more than many who had made a similar trek could claim.

His first instinct upon seeing others there at the rock was to grip the long hilt of the weapon through and about which he cast his magic, but then he recognized that these were, in fact, those he had planned on meeting. Relaxing a bit, he brought his hand down from the hilt and instead grabbed hold of the red sash holding it about his chest. As he reached the rock, he removed the sash from his body with his right hand whilst his left moved to grip the strap of the satchel which he shrugged off and placed against the rock.

"As much as I would like to begin proper introductions," he began, settling himself on the ground and laying his head back on the satchel which contained some basic supplies, such as rations of bread and a canteen filled with water, "I find myself exhausted. So that can wait until we've all settled down for a nap." The pleasant smile remained on his face as his eyes shut and he brought the rather large weapon he carried onto his chest, an arm resting over it to prevent it from being taken without his notice.

There were many ways one could reach Allvia's Rock, especially one with Beatrice's talents and magical know how. Unfortunately she would end up choosing the most arduous one. Thanks to the superior linguistic skills of her familiar, Silvest, she was riding a giant mole through the forest. It was surprisingly adept at moving around an managing to to not get hindered by the forest. Of course Beatrice in her know it all sense was somewhat pissed at the notion that she couldn't have come up with a better plan than this foolishness right here. Seeing as there wasn't a proper saddle to ride this creature, she constantly found herself bouncing up and down.

"Really Sil we had to take this method? Why couldn't we just fly there?" There was more sarcasm in her words than words. Silvest rolled his big cartoonish eyes and laughed. "[color=#800080]Silly girl you should know that we have to make all the creatures that we can summon strong enough to be useful. While this isn't a combat based creature it should be strong enough in case our enemies try to over take us and you can summon something more appropriate." [/color]You just wanted to see me bounce up and down didn't you, perverted cat. [color=#800080]Sometimes I wonder if you were hugged enough as child.[/color] You should know you were there for most of it. [color=#800080]Correction I'm still participating in it as you are still a child.[/color] This exchange of witty retorts lead them to both shoot daggers at each other optically. Poor mole was getting tired, it would have been much easier to travel underground but then Beatrice wouldn't be able to breathe. Luckily the journey was over as the mole made its appearance into Allvia's Rock.

The two were still bickering senseless yet polysyllabic insults at each other when they realized they had arrived on the scene and were not the first ones there. Beatrice's right eye twitched behind her glasses as she didn't even get a decent place. She got 4th which is the number of death and age in some cultures. She glared at Silvest who simply shrugged off the entire event. He didn't know it was a race. The mole was unsummoned and Beatrice and Silvest just looked around at the other mages. Not sure of what to make of them. She clearly new Mel but he was distracted by a...talking hat and then there was the other one. Silvest could tell he was a battlemage and probably a good one. Whatever adventure they were about to embark that lad would be of service.

Using his staff like a cane, Reaal slowly, but surely, made his way to Allvia's Rock. He'd been traveling for a while now, but it was nothing knew to him. The city of Arxis was a great ways from where Reaal was now. He looked down at his shoes. They'd been receiving the brunt of his travels, and were now torn and severely weathered. He'd purchase some new ones when he gets the chance. Now that he was thinking of it, he considered obtaining a completely new outfit.

He could see the rock now, and upon closer inspection, four other individuals were already present. He stopped trekking. He'd been alone for such a long time now. He'd come all this way to get away from Arxis, and for the splendid rumors this area held. In preparation for the unknown, he'd agreed to tag along with these other wizards, who he presumed were the ones already there at Allvia's Rock.

Moments later, Reaal arrived at the rendezvous. [color=#696969]"So, am I the last to arrive?"[/color]

"Nope~" A silvery-haired lithe teenager looking of about 17-18 years strides up to the rock. He looks at the 5 and says, "Nice to meet you all. Name's En." Without a second glance, En snapped his hand, and a fleet of about 10 bullets of lightning appeared. Quickly, the bullets merged into one huge ball of energy, which he hurled at a small monstrosity creeping up behind him. The poor creature was completely fried, and En ground the remains to dust under his feet. "No time for those pests. Bleh..."

"So... you all know what we're here for, right guys? And girls?" En said mentally between the other 5, checking. When they all nodded assent, he pumped his fist. "Well? What'cha waiting for? Let's go!" With another quick scan, he tightened his straps and all, and got prepared to grapple his way, with tentacles of electricity. He wasn't [i]quite[/i] prepared to show his other, main, element.

With a cool breeze on his face, En looked happy, and relaxed in the bright sunlight, waiting for the others to get ready as well...

Beatrice was somewhat bemused by the show-off who was the latest in attendees to the magical group of excavators. Unfortunately she decided to scoff at the display of lightning because she is an emotional and oddly cryptic teenager. She looked around however when this lightning user had to say "And girls?" Was she really the only girl present? As she looked around to confirm this it was quite obvious that she pretty much was. That just made everything worse. She naturally assumed that she would be looked down upon. On the other hand it would be nice to get acts of chivalry from many different boys. She blushed at this thought. Silvest being linked to Beatrice could hear her thoughts unless she guarded them from him. He could only roll his eyes and curse her parents for not forcing her to socialize more as a child.

Silvest decided it was best to lead introductions because otherwise it just wasn't going to get done. [color=#800080]Well this one here is Beatrice and I am Silvest, I'm sure we'll be able to provide the majority of the transportation on this voyage[/color]. "Yeah...we can do that. Not saying that I can't hold my own" Beatrice quickly intervened. "I just think its best that we use our talents in the best way that we know how."

As Beatrice and Silvest arrived, followed by Reaal, arrived at the rock Alaster stuck to his current plan. That plan of his was to lay there on the ground relaxing as best he could and generally sleep as best he could. Fortunately, no one had decided to do anything too loudly and thus his rest was as of yet uninterrupted. However...there was another member to show up just then, a silver-haired young man, who not only spoke out loudly but shot off some bolts of lightning. Needless to say, the battlemage was more that a little bit unhappy as he rose to a seated position and looked at the lightning-shooting fellow.

"Now, I'm sure that I'm not the only one whose tired from the road," He began, not making any attempt to hide his irritation at having been disturbed right as he was about to manage some sleep. "And that being the case, I'd suggest we all take a few hours to get some rest before we run off and get ourselves involved in a battle. If we're going to fight, we ought to be in the best shape we can be and sleeping is a good way to do exactly that." He didn't even wait for there to be a response, rather he just laid himself back down and closed his eyes. Though he did pat the spot on the ground next to him, signalling that any of the others could lay there as well.

Mel opened one eye to find his friends standing all around him. He got up, stretching, and said; "Hey guys, how long have you been here?" Noticing Beatrice, he walked over to her and bowed. "My lady." Mel was rather fond of teasing the poor girl like that, although he did it good-naturedly. He punched Jak on the shoulder and said; "Still having the voice trouble? Too bad." He then poked the hat and said; "What's up man?"

"En my man, how are you?" Mel said. He put his arm around En's shoulders and ruffled his hair. He nodded to Reaal, giving respect. He then looked at Alastar and said; "Still grumpy? Don't worry, I hear they're working on a cure for that. It's called [i]be happy.[/i]" Clapping his hands together Mel said; "Shall we go? I'm rather excited to be heading into the forest for once. Although I hear there are Centaurs and Kobolds around the edge of the forest, so we'd best watch out." He made an effort to pull Alastar off the ground, failed, and made a face. "Come on man. Get up."

Today just wasn't a good day for Alaster, what with it looking like he wasn't going to get any sleep at all. Fortunately, he was large enough in size that Mel was unlikely to be able to pull him up. All the same, he realized that enough of the others were intent on getting going with their reason for being there and that he might as well indulge them. This being the case, he laid his weapon off to the side and rolled himself into a seated position.

"I'm not grumpy, I just felt that we should rest for a moment before we go off to fight evil and what have you." He soon brought himself to his feet and dusted off his bright orange and white robes before stooping down to grab his blade and return it to its appropriate place upon his athletic form and then did the same for his pack of supplies. Standing now, slightly taller than the average man in Breol, he looked over the party to get a better idea of who he was with. His demeanor became less "grumpy" as it had been put and he could do little more than chuckle when it became more clear that there was an imbalance.

"Well, Beatrice right? Seems you're the only woman in the party." He didn't say anything else, but the gaze he cast at the other members of his sex might as well have been an explicit order for them to behave themselves.

Beatrice turned her head in a defiant huff but her cheeks turned so red from blushing that she was clearly embarrassed. Mel loving to poke fun at her uptight persona was always bittersweet. It was then that Alaster clarified that she was the only female member of the group. "Its okay, I'm pretty sure girls are the dominant gender anyway." She said flicking her back and forth as if she just made a triumph for all women kind. [color=#800080]Pretty sure you're glad there isn't another girl here to be prettier than you.[/color] Silvest replied trying inject some humility into young Beatrice. Beatrice quickly started to cartoonishly choke the small familiar feline in front of everyone. She looked up and immediately regained her composure and saw that Mel was ready to go.

"Well I guess I'm ready to head out as well. It doesn't take long for us to charge up a Travel by spell so I guess hoofing it could be some good exercise." Beatrice looked to everyone else seeing if they were ready, but also subconsciously scoping out relationship prospects.

Jakarias regarded the interchange with indifference. He had never considered the prospect of a girlfriend and wasn't really going to go into that now. [i]Boom![/i] He made another Lantern Blast explode to get everyone's attention. "'We should get going now,' he says. 'We don't want to stand around all day,'" said the hat talking in Jak's place. Without waiting for anyone else, Jak began walking. "Erm, do you even know where you are going?" asked the hat, and Jak mentally swore. "I am not going to repeat that. Cursing is strictly against my ethics. After his curse, Jakarias says, 'Okay, so which way do we go, exactly? I am not exactly good with direction.'" Jak gave an apologetic smile.

Reaal raised an eyebrow at the last attendee who made a performance of killing a small creature, and upon the mention of girls, he realized there was only one among the group. [color=#696969][i]Oh, won't that be fun.[/i] [/color]The girl and her familiar reintroduced themselves, which Reaal appreciated. He wasn't too good with names.

[color=#696969]"Good. My feet are killing me," [/color]Reaal replied at the mention of provided transportation.

One of the resting individuals awoke and kindheartedly greeted the group, nodding to Reaal. He nodded back and pulled out a cigarette and lighter. After lighting it, he pulled in deeply, burning almost half the cig, and exhaled the billow of smoke away from the others.

The other sleeper awake and stood himself up, chuckling to himself, having also observed that there was an imbalance of the sexes. The girl, Beatrice, angrily choked her familiar after it made a comment about there not being other, more attractive girls. In any case, the group seemed ready to depart, especially when one hastily went his way.

En winced slightly as Mel messed with his hair a bit harder than intended. Upon hearing Mel joke at Alaster's disposition however, he couldn't help but let a smile creep onto his lips.

When he heard about the Travel spell, En glanced around, before following the others to their destination. En couldn't go without a final jab though, and called for 'Grumpy to hurry up' with a mirthful smile, before disappearing.

The six wizards headed slowly into the forest. A Travel spell had been attempted and failed, seeing as no one actually knew exactly where they were going. Although there was much complaining about sore feet, they trekked on. Mel cracked jokes, teased Beatrice, and was pretty much being himself as usual. Noises were heard from in the ferns and bushes, and every once in a while, the screech of a howler monkey was heard from the treetops. The forest trees where high above their heads, and Mel had to push a vine out of the way here and there.

"Not surprising we're in the rainy section of the forest. This place is like a mixture of all other forests in one. You've got rainforest, taiga, and normal oak woods." Mel said irritably. "I hate rainforests. F***ing howler monkeys. So annoying."

Out of nowhere, a growling was heard from the bushes. About seven Kobolds came out of the bushes, armed to the teeth with spears and armor. The lead Kobold had a rusted scimitar and his chestplate sparkled slightly. "s***. Looks magically resistant. Get ready for a fight..." Mel said. Mel immediatly mindspoke to his friends; [i]Kobolds are completely immune to poison, and rather resistant to fire. They commonly work with dragons. Watch out.[/i]

"'Resistant to fire, eh?' says Jakarias," said Jak's hat. "'Subtlety and precision should still work.'" The wizard raised his palm and miniature Lantern Blasts began appearing. They floated forwards and two of them exploded in the lead kobold's eyes. The rest were distracting the other kobolds and Jak charged forwards with astonishing speed. From his pocket, he pulled out a short sword and in one fluid motion, he stabbed the lead kobold in the face, though quickly pulled back as the kobold gave a wild swing. With a start he realized that the other kobolds had flanked him and were closing in. [i]"s***,"[/i] he thought. "I have already told you, I am not repeating curses," said the hat.

En was rather miffed when the Travel spell had failed, but wearily agreed to walking on foot, when around 7 Kobolds popped out of the woods.

"Damn Kobolds." En muttered, pissed off. [i]Resistant to fire, eh? And poison? Poor them. I'll fix that.[/i] Rather lazily, En once again conjured up some bullets of lightning. This time around however, he kept them separate and bombarded each Kobold. He was rather pleased with himself until the Kobolds he knocked down came mostly right back up. "Damn it all."

Downright frustrated, he decided to use his other minor, but stronger electricity spell. "Elektros..." En whispered...

FWOOSH!

With a boom, around 13 whip-like appendages of lightning appeared out of his back, through the insulated holes in his clothes specifically for this spell. The crackling tentacles snapped out at a Kobold, searing it until it passed out of sheer pain. [i]Hissssss...[/i]

With one Kobold down, En began to envelop other Kobolds, with lightning-fast lassoing (excuse the pun), when a sudden and brutal headache struck En.

"Argh, got to stop showing off and pushing myself too much." En groaned in pain. Inside his hazy fog of pain, he didn't see a particularly sneaky Kobold's blade swing straight at his back...

The particularly sneaky Kobold meaning to strike at Neph's back found itself skewered quite nicely on Alaster's unique blade, before being tossed off to the side with sufficient force that the blade ripped it in two. Slightly green-tinted blood ran down the warm black blade, and Alaster lifted the weapon with ease that might have been surprising considering its size before he turned himself towards the lead Kobold. Jakarias, as he was currently being flanked by some of the now rather stunned kobolds, was set to be aided by Alaster's net move.

The runes upon his blade glowed bright white, and with a step forward Alaster hurtled through the air at five times his maximum running speed and plowed through the formation of stunned Kobolds. His blade made an arc through the air down towards the leader of their force just as he began to close the gap. Were the head of that band not quick enough to react, the Battlemage was sure to cleave him cleanly in two.

Moments after starting their journey, multiple creatures emerged from the thicket of the wild vegetation. Reaal was mentally informed by Mel that these beings were kobolds, resistant to fire and immune to poisons. The group of kobolds numbered seven to their six. [color=#696969][i]Heh, seems this'll be almost unfair.[/i][/color]

Jackarias courageously made the first strike, successfully striking the leading kobold in the face. En made another performance with his lightning, but after a moment something seemed to be wrong with him. Just then, a kobold went for En's unprotected back. Reaal would've quickly made his way towards it, but he noticed Alister made easy pickings of it. Now it was Alister's turn to be bold, and he made for another devastating blow to the leading kobold.

Reaal surveyed the area, looking for any kobold that would impede Alister's move. [color=#696969]"No, you don't!" [/color]Reaal sprinted at a kobold that was moving at Alister's right, getting ready to spear him, forcing his strike to fail. Reaal spun his metal staff once striking the kobold's spear, parrying its attack from Reaal's comrade. Quickly, Reaal raised his hand to the kobold's face with his palm open. [color=#696969]"Smite!" [/color]He cracked half a smile as the kobold's soul was forced out of it's body and dissipated into the air.

Beatrice' eye twitched when she attempted a "Travel by land" spell and it seemed to have failed. "Really you're saying that there was nothing to help everyone?" Well I guess I didn't have six copies of a creature on stand-by. Silvest shrugged as he made a mental note to fix that faux pa later on. Nevertheless they continued to their journey with the other wizards. Most of the sore feet complaining would probably be her as she was just prone to such acts of whining.

Then they were attacked by Kobolds. Mel spoke to them in a more concerned tone when it came to dealing with these creature most likely because this was no longer a friendly situation. Beatrice jumped back to let the boys be boys and deal with them then she raised an eyebrow at what she saw. It seemed as if Jak took down the leader. "1" she counted as his skull was cut. Alaster had cut another one in half "2" continued. The lightning user En fried one alive [color="#800080"]3[/color] Silvest said also watching as the young boy over used his magics and succumb to the after effects. The third was when Reaal did some weird palm move and clearly took out another creature leaving its body lifeless on the ground "and 4" Beatrice continued. Which means there were four enemies remaining. The Kobolds seemed to be not dying fast enough for Beatrice's taste and with one glance from Silvest they knew what to do.

Being beaten by the boys the Kobolds naturally would attempt to take the girl who had foolishly separated herself from her allies, but that was half of the trap. She looked frightened for a second then gave the encroaching enemy a sarcastic look. "Please! You serious? GENUS FELINE!" Silvest smiled and opened his mouth as his eye turned white three beams balls of white light shot at the beast and pushed them to the ground when the light faded. Atop three of the Kobolds stood fierce cat like creatures who were fused with school supplies (see app for pics). "End this" she said as she snapped her fingers in a quick and obviously trying to be cool manner. Each creature then bit the heads off of their respective Kobolds and brought them over to Beatrice...as an offering.

She flicked her hand through her hair and flicked it. "And then there were none." She said confidently with a slight wink towards Mel.

Mel smiled and winked at Beatrice, making a quick little mock bow before pointing his wand at the remaining Kobold. "[i]Exardescet sicut ignis inferni, et ossa tua et caro tua erunt cinis carbones.[/i]" Mel said under his breath. The Kobold screamed as fire ate away at it's skin in a matter of seconds. Nothing remained but a pile of ashes. Mel smiled at the rest of the group and said innocently; "I said they were RESISTANT to fire. Not immune." Mel twirled his wand in his fingers and stuck it back in his belt. "Nice going with the three in one." Mel said, punching Beatrice lightly on the shoulder. He then looked at the rest of the group and said; "Can't belive you were all shown up by a girl. Too bad." He tutted and took the lead again, leading them out of the rainforest and into a slightly more woodsy place. The trees were pines, and the ground was littered with needles. Although, through the needles, Mel spotted a path clearly covered by the needles. Mel knew that either Orcs, Goblins, or Elves could have made the path. Elves may be helpful to them, whereas Orcs and Goblins would immideatly attack....

Mel alerted the rest of the group to the path, and let them discuss if they should follow it or not, seeing as it's a 66% chance of running into something bad.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

The dark tower looked different, with wooden fortifications all around it, and armies of undead manning the fortifications. [i]Undead make good soldiors. They don't get tired, they listen to orders without question, and they don't stop fighting when a random limb falls off, [/i]a tall dark figure muttered, looking over his small kingdom. He had a pipe in his hand, still smoking slightly. A man in a black cloak walked up behind him, bowed, and said; "My lord Nekrom...we may have a problem."

"Best to save your flames for foes against whom they'll have greater effect." Alaster spoke rather plainly, and before they set about back on their path he was certain to give a slight bow of his head in Beatrice's direction. After all, she had shown them up fairly readily and thus deserved a gesture of respect. Still, the Battlemage had more than a few tricks left up his sleeve and soon he had made his way to the head of the party. You know, where the most heavily-armored melee-centered combatant should probably position himself. Of course then they came across the path, and since he had not yet returned his blade to its scabbard he easily brought the weapon to the ready. His hands were spread apart across the whole foot of length that the hilt gave him, all the better to grant him as much leverage as possible, as he began making his way forward despite the obvious danger. Without a word, his blade became engulfed in swirling flames sure to spread to anything struck.

[i]"Be ready, it's entirely likely that we'll find something unfriendly down this path." [/i]His mental message was conveyed to the others in a tone that could not have been misunderstood. His orange and grey gaze swept the path in front of them, and he took care so that each step was as close to silent as he could make it.

Beatrice was blushing so bad she looked like she just ate a Willie Wonka candy. She was never used to such copious amounts of positive attention. Her family would have been disappointed that she didn't kill off the three Kobolds with one creature. After Mel punch her in the shoulder all she could do was giggle like a school girl. Then Alaster came at her with that gentlemen's bow and just made her turn even more red. This is easily made the list of top ten moments in her life. "Aww thanks...guys!" She said with honest sincerity which could easily come across awkward revealing her true shy nature. Silvest on the other hand was eating this up like expensive and fattening cake. Never before has he witnessed Beatrice be so vulnerable. It was time to place bets on which one of these boys she was going to fall head over heals for.

When the group decided to resume venturing into the forest Beatrice took the center role with her three pets. Unlike other summoners who immediately dispel their creatures when they are through with combat Beatrice and Silvest have discovered that it is more efficient for them to have their creatures tag along seeing as it doesn't take in additional energy to keep them on this plane of existence. Therefore Beatrice carried Silvest like a teddy bear in her arms and her cats walked at her side. Being natural combative animal creatures they were stealthy and almost inaudible, ready to pounce on the first enemy they could sense. The group then made it to the beaten path and Beatrice and Silvest were thinking of their options.

"[i]We could try another ground summoning.[/i] [i][color=#800080]Won't work, there is a probability that we have entered enemy territory so summoning a creature to travel around on would cause to much attention.[/color][/i] [color=#800080][i]Hmmm perhaps an Aerial summon[/i][/color]. [i]No good, no bird can stealthily make it out pass those trees while carrying one of us.[/i] They both entered deep thought, but it seemed that they were in a quandary. Beatrice addressed the rest of her thoughts to the group. [i]I think we should go down the path. With the amount of destructive power Mel and En have it should be easy for us to blow up anything from a distance, while having Alaster get anything that can come into close range[/i].

Mel had remarked that Beatrice had one-upped every male member, easily taking care of three of the attackers.

[color=#696969]"Hey, we can't all be selfish. Besides, maybe some of us wanted to see what the others can do.[/color]" Reaal clicked his tongue twice, nodding at the ashes that were once a kobold, and then looked towards the three beasts Beatrice summoned and efficiently dispatched. [color=#696969]"And I'd say that was a pretty decent sight," [/color]Reaal said, looking at Beatrice.

As the group approached a path among pine needles, Mel let taking it be discussed, explaining that the path was more likely to be a peril than a blessing. Alaster bowed to the female and made himself the point-man, eagerly taking the path. Beatrice, whilst bubbling under the male attention, gave her opinion.

[color=#696969]"Well, someone's got to cover Alaster's back," [/color]Reaal said shrugging, moving towards Alaster as to not let him be on his own.

"Urrrrgh..." With a throbbing head, En slowly sat up, and looked around slightly confused before realizing what happened. "Sorry guys... Pushed myself a bit hard, eh? Serves me right for being a showoff!" En laughed good naturedly.

[i]God... Another strike like this, and I might use the... meaner... side of me to attack... Gotta be careful...[/i]

As the rest of the group filled him in with the more refined tale of what happened, he glanced at Reaal briefly, before looking away... [i]A Deather? That could be... bad... But I'm not one to be talking...[/i] He was slightly impressed by the triple attack. En predicted if he tried, he could've used stronger spells, but wanting to preserve his energy a bit, he stopped himself, and the lashing energies of Darkness and Lightning had punished him, in a way.

"Didya get worried about me Grumpy? Seems like you saved me." En poked at him. "Really though, thanks for helping me." En said seriously and gratefully.

Leaving Alaster slightly jokingly hurt looking, he strode towards the rest of the group and got ready to leave.

Archived