CharacteriZed

Smear

[center][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/fnzo9k.png[/IMG]
CharacteriZed. The only club created for and about about your favourite characters.[/center]

[spoiler=What is the club about?][center]This club is based upon characters. This can range from video games to anime/manga to comic books and more. Each week a Character of the Week will be selected and will be one of the main topics of discussion. These discussion topics can be about the game/anime/manga/comic/other the character is from, the characters appearance, other characters related to the COTW, and more. Discussions stemmed off from the COTW and leading into other characters from different franchises, series, etc. are accepted. The topic will likely branch out into a number of different topics by the end of the week and this is why the Character of the Week is here. So it changes the topics and resets. Think of it as a special sort of 'tree'. The COTW is the trunk, and the discussion formed from this become the branches, and smaller discussions from that become the leaves. Then the new COTW comes along, trimming all the leaves and branches waiting for them to stem off again.[/center][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules][center]#1 - All of YCM's rules apply.
#2 - All of the C&O section rules apply.
#3 - You can't change the topic in a major way.
#4 - Members will get 3 warnings before they are banned.
#5 - The first time you are banned, it is for a day. The second time is for three days. The third is for a week, and the fourth is permanent.[/center][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Application][center]To join CharacteriZed, you have to fill out this app. The app will be displayed on the front page, along with every other members.

Favourite Character(s):
What is/are your character(s) from:
(OPTIONAL) Additional Info:
(OPTIONAL) What could be done to improve this club?:[/center][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Members]
[spoiler=Main Characters][spoiler=Smear][b]Favourite Character(s):[/b] Smeargle, Kirito, Takagi
[b]What is/are your character(s) from:[/b] Pokémon, Sword Art Online, Bakuman.
[b](OPTIONAL) Additional Info:[/b] I am the supreme overlord of this club and shall forever rule it.
[b](OPTIONAL) What could be done to improve this club?:[/b] I'll find out soon.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Supporting Characters][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Minor Characters][spoiler=Dworkin]Favourite Character(s): Eragon, Firestar, Corwin, Duke
What is/are your character(s) from: Eragon, Warriors, Chronicles of Amber, and Haven.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Simdoggy]Favourite Character(s): Grana, Heathcliff, Taliesin, Laxus, Bartimaeus
What is/are your character(s) from: Psyren, Sword Art Online, Tears to Tiara, Fairy Tail, The Bartimaeus Trilogy [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Aphex Twin]Favorite Characters: Scootaloo, Renamon, Stocking, Death The Kid, Lilpip, Gir and Tamama
What are they from: MLP:FIM, Digimon, P&SWG, Soul Eater, Fallout:Equestria, Invader Zim and Sgt. Frog[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DaWeirdGuy]Favourite Character(s): Too many to count. I'll list a few: Brom, Saphira, Roland Deschain, Eddie, Legolas, Aragorn, Quilava, Tyranitar, H-Ichigo, Shuhei Hisagi, Barney Stinson, Sheldon Cooper, Johnny English, the Doctor, Merlin, Kabuto Kirisaki(And YoYo), Kyle, and many others.
What is/are your character(s) from: Inheritance x2, Dark Tower x2, Lord of the Rings x2, Pokémon x2, Bleach x2, HIMYM, Big bang theory, Johnny English, Doctor Who, Merlin(TV series), Psyren x2, and others.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rejected Characters][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ranks][center]Main Characters are the Leaders of the club. They can do anything.

Supporting characters are the Advanced Members of this club. When I feel the time is right, I will promote them. They can warn people, branch the topic out and ban them from the club with the Main Character's permission.

Minor Characters are the normal members of the club. They can branch the topic out.

Rejected Characters are the banned members of the club. They can't do anything until they are unbanned.[/center][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Character of the Week][center]This week's Character is...

[b]Captain Malcolm Reynolds[/b]
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/MalReynoldsFirefly.JPG[/IMG]

Malcolm Reynolds is the main protagonist of the [i]Firefly[/i] franchise.
[/center][/spoiler]

[quote name='Spike the Bloody' timestamp='1357653420' post='6115127']
Joinage. I request it.
Favourite Character(s): Eragon, Firestar, Corwin, Duke
What is/are your character(s) from: Eragon, Warriors, Chronicles of Amber, and Haven.
[/quote]

Yo, Dworkin. :3
Because you're the first to join, you can select the Character of the Week. ;D

The idea is that we're hundreds of years into the future, earth became too crowded, so we had to branch out and populate other planets. Terraforming ones that werent inhabitable, and so on. So this thing called The Earth Alliance showed up, and basically tried to bring everyone under their rule. Think of them like the Empire/Republic from Star Wars, except way too controlling. So you then had the Independants, or Browncoats, who resisted the Alliance and didnt want to be ruled. Malcolm was a Seargent in that war, which the browncoats lost.

So now Mal has a Firefly-Class Transportation ship he named Serenity, and now works as a smuggler with his crew.

A few of his quotes kinda sum him up :3

"No matter how long the arm of the Alliance might get, we'll just get ourselves a little bit further." <- When he first finds buys Serenity and is showing his co-pilot/war buddy Zoe.

"Let me explain how things work here. I do the job. And then I get paid." <- Nearly getting ripped off by a client. He basically gets Patience, his client, pinned underneath a horse. In between the "I do the job" and "And then I get paid" he takes a bag of money off of Patience :3

And my personal favorite
"Why are you so happy? Three people have been shot and or wounded, you nearly got captured by Alliance, and you're harboring known fugitives." <- Thats Simon, the ships medic, who is actually one of said fugitives along with his sister River.
"We're still flying." <- Mal
"That's not much."
"...It's enough."

:3

[media]http://youtu.be/ch3X5WrhwGM[/media]

Oh, and theres this.

[quote name='Spike the Bloody' timestamp='1357654892' post='6115138']
The idea is that we're hundreds of years into the future, earth became too crowded, so we had to branch out and populate other planets. Terraforming ones that werent inhabitable, and so on. So this thing called The Earth Alliance showed up, and basically tried to bring everyone under their rule. Think of them like the Empire/Republic from Star Wars, except way too controlling. So you then had the Independants, or Browncoats, who resisted the Alliance and didnt want to be ruled. Malcolm was a Seargent in that war, which the browncoats lost.

So now Mal has a Firefly-Class Transportation ship he named Serenity, and now works as a smuggler with his crew.

A few of his quotes kinda sum him up :3

"No matter how long the arm of the Alliance might get, we'll just get ourselves a little bit further." <- When he first finds buys Serenity and is showing his co-pilot/war buddy Zoe.

"Let me explain how things work here. I do the job. And then I get paid." <- Nearly getting ripped off by a client. He basically gets Patience, his client, pinned underneath a horse. In between the "I do the job" and "And then I get paid" he takes a bag of money off of Patience :3

And my personal favorite
"Why are you so happy? Three people have been shot and or wounded, you nearly got captured by Alliance, and you're harboring known fugitives." <- Thats Simon, the ships medic, who is actually one of said fugitives along with his sister River.
"We're still flying." <- Mal
"That's not much."
"...It's enough."

:3

[VIDEO]

Oh, and theres this.
[/quote]
Sounds like it could be interesting to watch. I might need to look into it sometime.
Those quotes are pretty amazing. xP
I can't watch the video, my internet's download limit's exceeded. QQ
How long is the series?

[quote name='Simdoggy' timestamp='1357655298' post='6115141']
Sounds like an interesting club, I might join if that's ok
Favourite Character(s): Grana, Heathcliff, Taliesin, Laxus, Bartimaeus
What is/are your character(s) from: Psyren, Sword Art Online, Tears to Tiara, Fairy Tail, The Bartimaeus Trilogy
[/quote]
Accepted. ^-^

[quote name='Smear' timestamp='1357656930' post='6115151']
Sounds like it could be interesting to watch. I might need to look into it sometime.
Those quotes are pretty amazing. xP
I can't watch the video, my internet's download limit's exceeded. QQ
How long is the series?
[/quote]
It only got one season due to fox f***ing cancelling it <_<

[quote name='Spike the Bloody' timestamp='1357656995' post='6115153']
It only got one season due to fox f***ing cancelling it <_<
[/quote]
Fox is stupid. :I
So, watching the whole thing shouldn't take too long.
I'll probably end up trying to watch it this month.
Any other suggestions on what I should watch?

To hell with it, I might as well join
Favorite Characters: Scootaloo, Renamon, Stocking, Death The Kid, Lilpip, Gir and Tamama
What are they from: MLP:FIM, Digimon, P&SWG, Soul Eater, Fallout:Equestria, Invader Zim and Sgt. Frog

[quote name='Simdoggy' timestamp='1357689119' post='6115596']
Sounds like an interesting anime, I'll probably add it onto my rather lengthy list of anime to watch and try and get to it soon. Anyway, what sorts of anime do you like watching, if I know that I'll know what to recommend.
[/quote]......please, oh god please tell you you're NOT talking about Firefly. Because that would be kind of sad if you are.

[quote name='Aphex Twin' timestamp='1357689860' post='6115607']
To hell with it, I might as well join
Favorite Characters: Scootaloo, Renamon, Stocking, Death The Kid, Lilpip, Gir and Tamama
What are they from: MLP:FIM, Digimon, P&SWG, Soul Eater, Fallout:Equestria, Invader Zim and Sgt. Frog
[/quote]

Accepted. ;3

And I was thinking of changing the Character of the Week to something a bit shorter, like maybe three days. What do you guys think?
A week seems a bit too much.

[quote name='Smear' timestamp='1357704386' post='6115859']
Accepted. ;3

And I was thinking of changing the Character of the Week to something a bit shorter, like maybe three days. What do you guys think?
A week seems a bit too much.
[/quote]

I was planning on suggesting that after I had gotten accepted onto here
A week is too long to have a discussion on one character alone
Because we'd end up running out of things to say

Joinage is mine!

Favourite Character(s): Too many to count. I'll list a few: Brom, Saphira, Roland Deschain, Eddie, Legolas, Aragorn, Quilava, Tyranitar, H-Ichigo, Shuhei Hisagi, Barney Stinson, Sheldon Cooper, Johnny English, the Doctor, Merlin, Kabuto Kirisaki(And YoYo), Kyle, and many others.
What is/are your character(s) from: Inheritance x2, Dark Tower x2, Lord of the Rings x2, Pokémon x2, Bleach x2, HIMYM, Big bang theory, Johnny English, Doctor Who, Merlin(TV series), Psyren x2, and others.

And I've heard of Firefly. Never watched it, but I've heard that it was good.

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1357759297' post='6116373']
Joinage is mine!

Favourite Character(s): Too many to count. I'll list a few: Brom, Saphira, Roland Deschain, Eddie, Legolas, Aragorn, Quilava, Tyranitar, H-Ichigo, Shuhei Hisagi, Barney Stinson, Sheldon Cooper, Johnny English, the Doctor, Merlin, Kabuto Kirisaki(And YoYo), Kyle, and many others.
What is/are your character(s) from: Inheritance x2, Dark Tower x2, Lord of the Rings x2, Pokémon x2, Bleach x2, HIMYM, Big bang theory, Johnny English, Doctor Who, Merlin(TV series), Psyren x2, and others.

And I've heard of Firefly. Never watched it, but I've heard that it was good.
[/quote]

Holy crap, you're accepted. xP

So, tomorrow there'll be a new Character of the... uh... (insert time period here)
Suggest if you want.

Archived