~The Pokemon Project~

Admiral Tim

[spoiler= Intro]

I know it's been done before, threads created, groups formed, sets attempted. But I've never seen the finished project. What I'm talking about here is a massive Pokemon Yu-gi-oh card compilation. Cards submitted by members or all shapes, forms and sizes. Cards that fit in an archetype, cards that work, cards that can be made real and can be played in the meta as a real world professional looking deck. This is a project many have dreamed of. En masse cards of everyone's favourite game, exhibiting the talents of many users all across the board. You may call me a dreamer. But I assure you i'm not the only one. With your help we can make this dream become a reality. I believe this project could be the godchild of every single member on this website. The community binding event this site needs to stay alive. So what do you say this. All we have to do is, Catch em all!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Rules]

General

1. All YCM rules apply
2. If you are going to join this group you have to make at least 2 cards, or else you will be kicked out of the group.
3. If you want to criticize someone else's card, make it constructive criticitsm. Don't go raging in ALL CAPS.
4. Please keep the posts to at least two sentences long and relating to a topic that we have started or Pokemon in general.
5. I have final say in this group as I am the leader.
6. No Advertising other threads here, no matter if they relate to pokemon or not.

Card Making

1. If your Pokemon monster defeats a monster or inflicts damage, it gains 1 XP Counter and all the XP that was on the defeated monster. (If applicable) Also, the pokemon can be tributed along with a set number of XP Counters to special summon the next in the evolutionary line.

2. The card's effect is based off its play style.
3. Moves are Spell or Trap cards
4. Must contain "Pokemon" in its name.
5. Find decent art for your card. Using the sprite from the games is a big, big no-no. Also refrain from using pics from the TCG if possible.

[Spoiler= Sample Card]

16h9nno.jpg

Lore:

*When this card inflicts battle damage or destroys an opponents monster in battle, place one "XP counter" on this card. **Once per turn you can remove one "XP counter" from this card and tribute this card to special summon a card with "Bayleef" in its name to your side of the field. **Once per turn, if your opponent targets this card as an attack target,negate the attack.

*Effect relating to gaining "XP counters" from battle.
**Effect related to special summoning next in evolutionary line via "XP counters".
***Specialized effect related to playing style.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Application Form]

Name:
Other:

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Members]

[spoiler= Majortim]

Name: Majortim
Favorite Pokemon: Donphan
Other: I haven't made cards for a while, but I'm willing to put together ideas and take images from other people and lead this project.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler= BishopBlade]

Name: BishopBlade
Favorite Pokemon: Charizard
Other: I'd love to join this project, Pokemon is awesome.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=❤ Lovely Warrior ❤]

'Name: Lovely
Favorite Pokemon: Jynx
Other: I'm REALLLY into Pokemon again thanks to X and Y, so I'm eager to nuture my recent re-love for Pokemon. Also getting back into making cards might be fun.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= ~Marluxia~]

Name- Marluxia
Gender- Male
Favorite Pokemon- Gardevoir
Other. LET"S DO THIS!
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Sets & Cards]

[spoiler=JOHTO]

16h9nno.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[quote name='BishopBlade' timestamp='1357871221' post='6117723']
Name: BishopBlade
Favorite Pokemon: Charizard
Other: I'd love to join this project, Pokemon is awesome.
Also, do you mean do every single Pokemon? Cuz that'd probably be over 700 now, with 6th gen coming up and whatnot.
[/quote]

It seems daunting at first but many clubs have way over 100 members. Each member has to just make seven cards each and the set is finished. Anyways welcome to the club!

&now that I'm not alone, I think we should start brainstorming ideas for rules this archetype should follow.

I'm thinking the regular counters or effects relating to "evolution" should be used in this set, but also a new idea that refers to calling pokemon in and out of pokeballs. Possibly returning them to the hand once per turn?

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. I was thinking that whenever you defeated a Pokemon monster, the card that defeated it gains a certain amount of "XP Tokens", and then when it has enough tokens you can Sacrifice the card and Special Summon its next evolution.

Also, wouldn't it be a little hard to keep track of who's doing which cards with 100+ members? Two members might end up doing the same card.

[quote name='BishopBlade' timestamp='1357918420' post='6118072']
That sounds like a pretty cool idea. I was thinking that whenever you defeated a Pokemon monster, the card that defeated it gains a certain amount of "XP Tokens", and then when it has enough tokens you can Sacrifice the card and Special Summon its next evolution.

Also, wouldn't it be a little hard to keep track of who's doing which cards with 100+ members? Two members might end up doing the same card.
[/quote]

Yeah but even if they do, we'll just pick the best or combine the two cards to form a good one, that XP Token idea sounds really good let's start with that idea.

[quote name='BishopBlade' timestamp='1358009350' post='6118923']
OK, sounds cool.
I'll get to work on the first few Pokemon.

My revised version of the XP Token system is that when you defeat a Pokemon monster, you [b]move[/b] all the XP Tokens that were on the defeated card onto the card that defeated it.
[/quote]

I was thinking more add one onto the pokemon when they inflict damage or destroy a monster.

Wow Tim, the thread is going to get locked.

1. No swearing.
2. If you are going to join this group you have to make [b]at least 2 cards[/b], or else you will be kicked out of the group.
3. If you want to criticize someone else's card, make it constructive criticitsm. Don't go raging in ALL CAPS.
4. Find decent art for your card. Using the sprite from the games is a big, big no-no.

There, I made some rules. Mugen, please hold off the lock until the OP can add these to the main post.

[quote name='Mugendramon' timestamp='1358141551' post='6120323']
Those rules are, if I say so myself, kind of insufficient. Take a look at other Clubs, see how they actually fare. This, as it is right now, is of very poor quality when compared to the rest of the section.
[/quote]

What exactly do you call insufficient? The whole purpose of this group is to let anyone who wants to participate in, I took your advise and browsed around and many clubs don't even have dedicated rules on their first page. We are riding on two members as of now and I don't want to deter others with a senseless amount of rules. So if you please could you be more specific and tell us what we need to do instead of just saying our rule making is lacking and lame compared to the rest of the forum.

[quote name='Admiral Tim' timestamp='1358160076' post='6120458']
What exactly do you call insufficient? The whole purpose of this group is to let anyone who wants to participate in, I took your advise and browsed around and many clubs don't even have dedicated rules on their first page. We are riding on two members as of now and I don't want to deter others with a senseless amount of rules. So if you please could you be more specific and tell us what we need to do instead of just saying our rule making is lacking and lame compared to the rest of the forum.
[/quote]

For one, I would like you to at [i]leeeeeast[/i] add a rule concerning the lenght of posts. Because you see, if you start making short posts, and KEEP writing short posts, the place honestly looks a bit subpar, and is actually against the rules of the section.

The rules aren't meant to discourage people. If they do, then your Club isn't worth the rules you set. Because really, rules have to be specific enough.

As your rules are now? People are free to spam and advertize their threads here. You should also add that you have the final say, probably.

Btw tim I was thinking over all the card concepts yesterday, and I came up with the following:

1. If your Pokemon monster defeats another one, it gains 1 XP Counter [b]and[/b] all the XP that was on the defeated monster.
2. The card's effect is based off its signature move.
3. Moves are Spell Cards

[quote name='BishopBlade' timestamp='1358178047' post='6120582']
Btw tim I was thinking over all the card concepts yesterday, and I came up with the following:

1. If your Pokemon monster defeats another one, it gains 1 XP Counter [b]and[/b] all the XP that was on the defeated monster.
2. The card's effect is based off its signature move.
3. Moves are Spell Cards
[/quote]

Ok but how do the other monsters have XP counters on them?

[quote name='❤ Lovely Warrior ❤' timestamp='1358175253' post='6120545']
Yes Please

Name: Lovely
Favorite Pokemon: Jynx
Other: I'm REALLLY into Pokemon again thanks to X and Y, so I'm eager to nuture my recent re-love for Pokemon. Also getting back into making cards might be fun.
[/quote]

and your in, also I will add some more rules soon.

[quote name='~Marluxia~' timestamp='1358204619' post='6121023']
Haha, Thanks. So, where should I start?
[/quote]

Well now we have a solid four members I think we should start discussing what should be included in this archetype. Now to fill you in, we've decided to start with Johto first, the rules for making the cards are in the rules sections of this thread. Though if you just want to start card making could you make the totodile line for us? Lady if you please maybe start with the hoot-hoot line?

Now our ideas: All i'm concerned about now is the actual individual effects. If you look at my sample card above I based the abilities off of Meganium's line's playing style of calming opponents into not attacking etc. Now whats left is to discuss cards you wish to make and put forward any ideas into their individualized effects relating to their play styles and abilities

There would be XP Counters on the defeated card if it defeated some of your cards, I guess.

And also here's Cyndaquil and Quilava, tell me if there's anything I should change.

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43870231/Yugioh%20Cards/Pokemon%20Project/Cyndaquil.jpg[/img]

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43870231/Yugioh%20Cards/Pokemon%20Project/Quilava.jpg[/img]

[quote name='BishopBlade' timestamp='1358207165' post='6121064']
There would be XP Counters on the defeated card if it defeated some of your cards, I guess.

And also here's Cyndaquil and Quilava, tell me if there's anything I should change.
[url="http://yugico.com/user/37262-BishopBlade/card/41444-The_Pokemon_Project/168096-Fire_Mouse_Pokemon_-_Cyndaquil"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/168096.jpg[/img][/url]
[url="http://yugico.com/user/37262-BishopBlade/card/41444-The_Pokemon_Project/168097-Volcano_Pokemon_-_Quilava"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/168097.jpg[/img][/url]
[/quote]

Im sorry but I can't view your cards, i'm using safari btw, what image uploader are you using?

also did you want to fix up Chikorita so it can be done?

Archived