So... Photon Support?

Agro

Photon Nightmare

LIGHT / Level 3

[ Zombie / Effect ]

If you control a "Photon" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is Special Summoned, you can treat it as Level 4. While you control 2 or more LIGHT monsters, this card gains 300 ATK.

ATK / 1700 DEF / 0

Photon Quetzle

LIGHT / Level 4

[ Dragon / Effect ]

You can discard 1 LIGHT monster; Special Summon 1 "Photon" monster from your Deck with 2000 ATK or less, then turn this card to Defense Position. This effect of "Photon Quetzle" can only be activated once per turn. If this card is used as Xyz Material for the Xyz summon of a LIGHT Xyz monster, treat this card's name as "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon".

ATK / 2000 DEF / 0

Photon Galaxy Stone

LIGHT / Level 1

[ Dragon / Effect ]

If this card is sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" from your Deck to your hand. This effect of "Photon Galaxy Stone" can only be activated once per turn. If you control "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon": You can banish this card from your Graveyard; all "Photon" monsters with Levels become Level 8.

ATK / 300 DEF / 250

Photon Stormtrooper

LIGHT / Level 4

[ Warrior / Effect ]

You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; Add 1 "Galaxy Fortress" from your Deck to your hand. If this face-up card is tributed: You can choose 1 "Galaxy" card from your Deck and place it on the top of your Deck.

ATK / 2000 DEF / 100

Galaxy Battlestation

Spell / Field

You can Special Summon 1 "Photon" monster from your hand. This effect of "Galaxy Fortress" can only be activated once per turn. All "Photon" monsters with less than 2000 ATK have their ATK become 2000 during your Main Phase only. Once per turn, if a "Photon" monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle: Draw 1 card, and if that card is a LIGHT monster, you can return 1 set card on the field to the hand.

Nightmare seems... odd. The part about it becoming level 4 is anyway. Why not just make it level 4? Is there a benefit to it being level 3 (Feelings for Future/Shift Up combo :p) It's good enough on Special Summon condition alone, but its other effects are just eh.

Quetzle I really like. It's balanced in its Monk like effect. Not so sure about the second effect though. Doesn't that kinda stuff NGE up?

Stone is good. Trooper is eh.

Fortress is, well, not very fortress'ey in that its an offenseive card. It's good, I'd just suggest a theme change tbh.

Nightmare seems... odd. The part about it becoming level 4 is anyway. Why not just make it level 4? Is there a benefit to it being level 3 (Feelings for Future/Shift Up combo :P) It's good enough on Special Summon condition alone, but its other effects are just eh.

Prolly cause TGU is a card, but also because Photons have Level 3 monsters. Honestly, it was the latter I was thinking about when making the card and TGU just happened to fall in line.

Quetzle I really like. It's balanced in its Monk like effect. Not so sure about the second effect though. Doesn't that kinda stuff NGE up?

Perhaps, but it makes the player think more before using it as Xyz Material and I like that. Plus it follows the idea that Photons are anti-Xyz monsters.

Stone is good. Trooper is eh.

I was considering letting Trooper search any "Galaxy" spell if I made it discard 1 other LIGHT monster.

Fortress is, well, not very fortress'ey in that its an offenseive card. It's good, I'd just suggest a theme change tbh.

I need to make a better Death Star reference Q~Q

Fortress becomes either Star or Destroyer.
You already have Trooper, so just make more references =D

And considering Galaxy-Eyes basically spawns out of nowhare and/or the surrounding light, wouldn't something like "Photon Galaxy Bulb" be more appropriate?
Dunno' why I feel like rating the names, but ehh...

Also Quetzle seems absolutely hilarious. Though, out of curiosity, why did you let it grab ANY Photon monster?

Fortress becomes either Star or Destroyer.
You already have Trooper, so just make more references =D

And considering Galaxy-Eyes basically spawns out of nowhare and/or the surrounding light, wouldn't something like "Photon Galaxy Bulb" be more appropriate?
Dunno' why I feel like rating the names, but ehh...

Also Quetzle seems absolutely hilarious. Though, out of curiosity, why did you let it grab ANY Photon monster?

Well maybe I could change the name. Or have it so that if you take damage from a Level 4 or lower LIGHT Machine-Type monster, your entire field blows up.

Quetzle spawns GEPD, obviously :p

Nightmare is amusing and would definitely aid Photons in their otherwise mediocre spamming ability. It combos well with Thrasher, but also with Satellite. Being a Fiend makes Tour Guide fetch it, while not changing it to Level 4. I don't actually like the idea of Tour Guide being able to grab this, though.

Quetzle can Summon any Photon monster? No drawbacks on stats, effects, attacking, or Battle Position? That's...kind of OPed. It's obviously meant to be done with Galaxy-Eyes, and that in itself makes it too good. Even Summoner Monk prevented the Summoned monster from attacking, in addition to only working on Level 4s, and Galaxy Expedition and Galaxy Knight SS GEPD in DEF.

Quetzle's other effect bugs me, too. You have it written that detaching is a cost. However, if it's supposed to affect opponent monsters as wel, you cannot write that as a cost. You aren't allowed to use opponent resources as a cost. Detaching all Materials should be part of the effect.

Photon Galaxy Stone is obviously a parallel to White Stone of Legend, and I'm amused that it's both a Photon and a Galaxy. Card is sweet just for that. The second effect...it's just abusable. Turning all Photons to Level 8 doesn't just give Neo-Galaxy a huge boost, it gives all Rank 8s an enormous boost. Your effects so far not only strive to boost Photons and Galaxy-Eyes, but also to spam monsters quickly and give them access to Neo-Galaxy with almost no downsides to this whatsoever. I'm all for making Photons competitive, but it seems a bit like overkill.

Stormtrooper is...okay, I guess. Nothing really special about it, just a "discard to search Field Spell" monster.

Galaxy Fortress. Hmm...the wording on its timing is a bit off. Declaring an attack, and before damage calculation, are two different timings. It's otherwise decently balanced in itself, although a Field that lets you draw once a turn just by having a monster attack is a little powerful, not even counting that you can SS any Photon from your hand once a turn with no drawbacks, and weaker Photons get a solid attack boost.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how you took your Photon support in the "make Galaxy-Eyes good" direction, when I took [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/295226-blinded-by-the-light-photons/]mine [/url] in the "oppose Xyz and support Neo Galaxy-Eyes" direction.

Nightmare is good, and way better if he can't be abused by Tour Slut. Quetzle has a nice summon effect, but he does jack up the big man, so that's an issue. Photon Galaxy Stone is a great effect, but his name seems awkward from trying to shove both archetypes into it. Stormtrooper is either a field search or gets me Galaxy Knight, and Galaxy Fortress... I agree with the previous comments that it's misnamed, but great effect nonetheless.

Archived