Cardmaker Redesign Team Recruitment

Night

I'm in charge of heading the team that is to redesign the cardmaker and add Xyz's. If you haven't already seen the thread in News, I'd suggest doing that first. 

What I'm looking for are designers who are knowledgeable in designing card templates. We are not interested in re-using pre-made templates as that would be counter productive, we'll be making these templates from the ground up tailoring to everyone on the teams strengths. We'll first plan everything out extensively through pm. The idea is to create one base template .psd or .xcf, I've still got not a single clue as to what we're going to do about program variation. From there we'll work on the different portions of the template, and then once everything is finalized, we'll add the different card types. 

I want to keep it small indefinitely, however seeing as though we are in no rush and have no due date, experimentation could be beneficial. More information regarding the matter will be given to those who are selected when the time comes, for now regardless of whether you're an applicant, I want to hear your thoughts about how the process should be conducted. 

Application form:

Past template work: 3-4 works at least. 
Other work: Optional, preferably completely scratched work, i.e: no tags.
Primary program: 
Secondary programs: Optional.
How much collaboration have you done: 
How much time can you dedicate to this: When are you available.

I think I could really, really, contribute to this. I've just finished a new prototype of old template, which was rather popular, so if I could at least donate resources to this project, it would be very nice.

Filling the form just in case

Template work:

This is my new prototype (new style template, bigger images/text boxes). So far the new template only features Xyzs, Spell and Effects, but it shouldn't be so hard to make the rest of them. All attributes, level stars, ranks, dark synchro levels, s/t icons, gold rare foil is available in hq already. All text is Type layer, so editable. These 3 have been made from scratch, rest will be recolored, I guess.

warning: big images

Effect Monster

XYZ Monster

Spell Card.

This is the old template, it already has links and examples, although some of the examples are outdated in accordance with its latest release.

Other work:

I don't do much non-scratch work, I usually make templates, sigs and album covers. I draw traditional-style (don't have a tablet yet.)

Primary Program: Adobe Photoshop CS6

Secondary Program: Irfanview, but only for batch processing

How much collaboration you have done: Nothing worth mention

How much time can I dedicate?: I have exams in less than a month, but even on worst occasions I can at least guarantee logging in. I'm actively available for a week or two.

Thanks.

Hello there :3

Template work: 

Judas' work is leagues above mine, but nevertheless, I have made a somewhat convincing Xyz Template recently. As for other templates, I have also included some that I made a while back.

[spoiler=Template Examples]

Xyzs:

neoxyzzextratest.png

neoxyzzextratest2.png

neoxyzzextratestnumber1.png

Others: (Mind you, these are quite a bit outdated)

sayaotonashicardv3.png

blueicetemplateexamples.png
[/spoiler]

Other work: I don't really do much else. I've done bad picture alterations before, such as when I was making some cards for the "Clear" Archetype (which involved making the creature in each image "crystallized". But I definitely do not pride myself on something as horrific as this...

[spoiler=Examples]

clearethereus.png

clearlustdragon.png
[/spoiler]

Primary Program: Adobe Photoshop CS4

Secondary Program: GIMP

How much collaboration you have done: Nothing really - I collaborated with Daemon and Kuroda Kaito/Kai Hiwatari a while ago, but mainly just for templates

How much time can I dedicate?: I'll do what I can, and I will be logging in every day but I can't guarantee a consistent amount of time right now; lost of things going on at school at the moment.

Thanks!

I'd like to apply too !!!!!!!!!!

Past template: Well most of my templates used Judas's Effect Monster template as the base for HQ standard

[spoiler=Past template]

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/KurodaKaito/ina.png

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/KurodaKaito/WATERexample-card_zps3c2c9d13.png

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/KurodaKaito/FIREexample-card_zpsc3579843.png

About this card, I lost the template awhile ago, but I still have the example in my album 

[/spoiler]

Other work: nah nothing really
Primary program: GIMP
Secondary programs: nah not at all
How much collaboration have you done: Well as Zextra said, I did some collaboration with him and Daemon. I still have some examples of our works. Our works also used Judas's Effect Monster Template as the base.

[spoiler=Examples *Big images*]

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/KurodaKaito/pyro-template-3.png

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/KurodaKaito/Zombie-2.png

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/KurodaKaito/heuife.png

[/spoiler]
How much time can you dedicate to this: I don't know if I can 100% access to YCM everyday due to school now, but I'll try my best to log in as much as I can

Thank you.

Hello there :3

Template work: 

Judas' work is leagues above mine, but nevertheless, I have made a somewhat convincing Xyz Template recently. As for other templates, I have also included some that I made a while back.

[spoiler=Template Examples]

Xyzs:

neoxyzzextratest.png

neoxyzzextratest2.png

neoxyzzextratestnumber1.png

Others: (Mind you, these are quite a bit outdated)

sayaotonashicardv3.png

blueicetemplateexamples.png
[/spoiler]

Other work: I don't really do much else. I've done bad picture alterations before, such as when I was making some cards for the "Clear" Archetype (which involved making the creature in each image "crystallized". But I definitely do not pride myself on something as horrific as this...

[spoiler=Examples]

clearethereus.png

clearlustdragon.png
[/spoiler]

Primary Program: Adobe Photoshop CS4

Secondary Program: GIMP

How much collaboration you have done: Nothing really - I collaborated with Daemon and Kuroda Kaito/Kai Hiwatari a while ago, but mainly just for templates

How much time can I dedicate?: I'll do what I can, and I will be logging in every day but I can't guarantee a consistent amount of time right now; lost of things going on at school at the moment.

Thanks!

there is Photoshop CS6 out of there, why still use the old one ?

For an update, I'm waiting on a response from a member I've had to email seeing as though he isn't too active these days, and that I've lost his number.

After I get a response from him, we should be set to start.

If you've yet to apply, do so now. 

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure how much this helps, but here are the HD images for the attributes.  I didn't make them, but I figured that I'd post 'em here in case you guys still needed them.

[spoiler=WATER]67l44g.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=EARTH]21lucts.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=FIRE]142buj9.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=WIND]103bma1.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=DARK]9az312.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=LIGHT]2wprmyu.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=DIVINE]ao6g09.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=SPELL]2gwukud.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=TRAP]2mriglf.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=LEVEL STAR]2rh0gsy.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=RANK STAR]2rc61j9.png[/spoiler]

I'm not sure how much this helps, but here are the HD images for the attributes.  I didn't make them, but I figured that I'd post 'em here in case you guys still needed them.

[spoiler=WATER]67l44g.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=EARTH]21lucts.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=FIRE]142buj9.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=WIND]103bma1.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DARK]9az312.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=LIGHT]2wprmyu.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DIVINE]ao6g09.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=SPELL]2gwukud.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=TRAP]2mriglf.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=LEVEL STAR]2rh0gsy.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=RANK STAR]2rc61j9.png[/spoiler]

Um, those are some fan-recreated vector pictures, and when you scale them to the original size they don't look authentic.
Anyway right now there's nothing going on about this project, thanks for trying to help anyway.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an entire template already designed.  All it lacks are the attributes and spell/trap types. I have all card types designed, and I will provide this if wanted.

The spell and traps will have to be remade - a fairly simple task - to accomodate for spell and trap types.  The file is labeled and ready to be worked with.

P.S. , if you don't know me, you may have known me as -DG-, and this used to be all I did.

Archived