God Program - Neogenesis [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting/Co-Host - Cherz]

Astolfo

OOC Link

Aitheras had been wandering the streets. He was pondering, feeling lonely. Sam….. He was still unaccustomed to the newfound powers he had received as an Adachi, a person empowered with an element. It seemed as if he was Aether, or energy for short basically. A small half-smile crept onto his face at that notion. He certainly was a type of person one could call energetic. Even before the 'empowering' at the hands of the strange program called 'Exousia', he had been a very active person, running and playing sports a lot. He wondered if his friends he used to play with were still alive, but dismissed that notion. Regular people don't stand a chance against those creatures… What were they called again? Oh right, Voraer….

Sam, if you can hear me, I am so sorry…. If I could've done anything…. Aitheras kept thinking of the child that was around 12. Was. He thought brokenly. He let out a small, short burst of hysteric laughter. Why did the power have to come then? Couldn't it have came a bit earlier? He leaned against a wall, but instantly recoiled when a sticky, web like Voraer attached to him, burning at his skin. He was about to blast the small Voraer away when a flat, monotone voice rang out in his head. Vachi? He thought instantly. Join. The voice states. With a burst of light, he sees a brief image of 6 other teenagers, 3 boys, 3 girls. Are they the six other Adachi? He thought briefly, before feeling a strong tugging sensation. His mouth formed a silent 'o' of surprise before vanishing into thin air.

[hr]

Aith, as Aitheras called himself for short nowadays, blinked his eyes groggily. Where is this place? He thought? Once more, Vachi's voice rang out. Central America…. Aith had a feeling this would be the last they heard of Exousia's mysterious creator for a while. Looking around, he saw the six other teenagers, and they all looked equally surprised.

He walked over and introduced himself. "Any ideas where we should go? I don't have any. Anyone good with navigation? That Vachi guy might've left us hints."

[hr]

A shadowy figure is floating in an unknown room. How cute.... The Adachi have ri-sssss-en once more to sssssstop me and my legion... Too bad for humanity that their 'sssssacred guardiansssss' are ssssssstill wet behind the earsssssss. Kekekekeke.... The creature laughed sinisterly. He then made a strange clicking sound. Instantly, a lupine creature that was all black except for glowing white eyes and teeth appeared. It started to growl. The figure lays its hands upon the creature for a moment, then sends it off with smaller shadow creatures….

"This is my story. Read it however you wish. This entails my life story, and my rise to guardian status. As you read, you will see my travels through my eyes, and for things that don't make sense to you, you will have to decode. Be warned that everything you read is my perspective of my life, and it is all true. As you read this, there is a chance that I may be dead. And if that is the case, take this reading and document it, so that we may never forget the day the Earth put an end to these oil-like creatures, known as Voraer..."

This is what starts off the story of Hikari, once known as Blaine Kai about a year ago before the Khauv began to spread across the world. Oddly enough, he had found a completely blank notebook with an unused pen in it, and thought that it would be necessary for people to know how he survived. And maybe, others will have done the same. But there will be a time and place for that soon enough. Stopping at what he just finished writing, he began to reflect on the day he was finally able to do something about the Khauv and Voraer. It was around a moment in time when he was always running, never given a break or given the opportunity to hide himself and be able to sleep after about a day's worth of active movement. But when he was able to sleep, he appeared in Exousia. And because he didn't know at the time that it wasn't a dream, he was just glad that he could sleep, or at least he thought he could. He didn't know of time had passed at all when he awoke, but he did feel strangely rested somewhat, so he felt a lot better. And eventually, he began to keep moving.

From there, Exousia was no longer a dream, nor were the powers granted to him after being ambushed by a group of Voraer. He was given all of this knowledge, and now he knows what his enemy is. And, he has the power to defeat them. But one thing stuck out in his mind: Vachi. What was it? His new found knowledge shows that it exists, but he still knows nothing of it. Perhaps something that his knowledge can explain will give some sort of understanding as to who or what Vachi is. But until then, he would just walk around aimlessly, taking out however many Voraer he can find and destroy them, so there's one less to deal with on Earth and he becomes closer to saving this planet. But there will be a time for that when the circumstances are right.

Putting away the notebook, Hikari stood up and proceeded to walk forward. After about 10 seconds of doing so, he felt the presence of a Voraer behind him. As a result, it lunged to him, but Hikari dodged it with ease. And with momentum, he takes out his pistol and points it toward its 'face'. However, just as he was about to pull the trigger, he felt another presence, but it was in his mind this time. "Vachi." he said to himself. Join. said a monotone voice in his head. Then, a burst of light blocked his vision, and he couldn't move. He saw 6 other teenagers, and by his new knowledge, he remembered the title given to him and these other 6. So, I've found the other Adachi... he thought. He then felt as if though something was trying to pull him out of his world. Remembering that he still had a Voraer at gunpoint, he proceeded to pull the trigger. The Voraer disintegrated as Hikari vanished into thin air.

All Hikari could see after he reappeared somewhere was darkness, as his left eye was already blind and it took a while for his eye to readjust. When he was able to see again, he looked around and noticed that he was in a completely different place. "Where am I now?" Hikari said to himself as he felt Vachi begin to speak to him, but it sounded like it was being spoken on the outside. Central America... said Vachi once more. Hikari had a strange feeling that it'll be some time before he speaks again. But then, he realized that there were others here. He looked at all of them and remembered the images he saw. These were the other Adachi. But one caught his eye more than the others. It was a girl with pigtails in her hair wearing a red robe. He wasn't sure as to why this girl caught Hikari's eye, but he disregarded it for now. He then walked up to the others, but remained silent. He ended up listening to one of the guys who asked for navigation. He just remained silent and waited for the responses of the other 5.

Terra twirled the pencil around in her hand. Staring down at the blank piece of paper she pondered what to draw. She'd been having a bit of an artist's block recently. If she really was meant for something more than an ordinary, should her art not be about more than ordinary? Becoming an Exouisa had changed her life more than she would like to admit. Terra wasn't used to having power or influence, and she definitely wasn't used to wielding it. Hearing a clatter of mechanical feet Terra looked up. She had found a nice, secluded spot atop a roof in a neighborhood that consisted of mainly "empty" buildings that housed a variety of illegal activities. She looked to the door that she had come out of and watched it bang open as a group of android cops burst onto the rooftop. "And that is my cue to cut and run." Scooping up her notebook, Terra ran to the side of the roof. Vaulting over the side, she fell to the balcony just a few feet below and then proceeded to climb down the connecting ladder.

Just earlier, Terra had lifted a variety of tasty items from the nearby market. She was wondering how long it would take the law to catch up with her. "HALT!" She heard behind her, the common word of most android police men. "Cause that's going to happen." She called back sarcastically. Taking her blaster pistol out of jacket holster, Terra stopped and aimed the gun at the nearest robot. She let off three rounds, each one hitting a different pursuer squarely in the head. Terra admired her handiwork, blowing off the steam from the barrel of her gun clichely. People had taken notice of her little display and were coming out onto the street to get a look at what had happened. Not wanting to deal with people, Terra continued on her way. Taking a step away from the scene, Terra felt a strange sense of vertigo and then suddenly she was no longer in a slum in the upper, eastside of Manhattan. The words Central America were whispered in her mind.Before she could make sense of them she looked around and noticed she was not alone. 

A boy mentioned Vachi, confirming Terra's belief that they had indeed found herself in the presence of other Adachi. Directions? Being connected to earth, Terra pretty much knew where she was all the time, and very rarely did she ever find she was lost. "Just tell me where you want to go, I can get you there." Terra said cockily, stepping towards the boy a little. 

"Tsh." Gracia sat on a chair with her laptop on her lap naturally. On the screen it showed a line graph with dates at the bottom and numbers on the left side. When a closer look was taken the dates had no pattern, they were just random dates. The numbers on the left side went from 0, at the bottom, to 200,at the top, with the number fluctuating each date. The graph had the numbers: 198, 147, 153, 138, 120, 131, 100, 34 plotted on the graph. There seemed to be more on the left side, but Gracia had scrolled to the most recent dates. "That last battle was difficult, to think I lost sixty-six of my M.G.D.s in just one day." She gave a a loud sigh. "I can't fix them that fast. Another attack like that and I don't think we can make it."

"Mam." A man said in his thirties said. "I don't mean to bother you but it seems more of those creatures have found us. They got in the building and are currently on the way up. There are hundreds of them according to out watch."

"What!?" Gracia said slamming her laptop shut. "Hurry, tell the others to reach go the the roof. Take the elevators, this building is still in good condition." She placed her laptop in her pouch. "I'll go down to the first few floors and fight. Station those who can fight at floors 50, 60, and 70." Gracia began to walk toward the stairs. "Remember, if they feel like they can't hold them back, retreat to the next hold point. Once the third point is compromised go to the stairs and close the doors, not letting this things get access to the stairs. You'll have to run up 20 more floors, and I'm sorry for that, but its the best I can think of right now." Gracia began to walk down stairs leaving the man by himself. She then took a deep breath and yelled "Itinere!"

M.G.D.s began to approach aand follow her her as she continued walking down the steps. A sign on one of the floors read 30. She then pulled out a walkie talkie and began to speak to the man again. "Tell those on the roof to set up the zip line and begin evacuating this building. The hold points only need to be held until those who can't fight evacuate. After that the people at the hold points will begin retreating little by little until they reach the roof, then evacuate."

"But what about you?" The man said. "Are you going to fight them by yourself? Don't you need any back up?"

"Who do you think has been keeping you alive." She responded arrogantly, which was unusual for her. "These M.G.D.s need someone to command them on the battlefield." This of course was a lie, on simple command was all they needed. "I'll be fine, don't worry." Gracia continued down stairs only her thoughts were with her now. I can't let them know about my abilities. They'll shun me, even if I am saving them. She though to herself. Having the power of death isn't the brightest of abilities, but I was chosen to have it for a reason. Gracia continued until she reached the tenth floor, from there she herd movement. "Alright, now's the time." Gracia took a deep breath, ready to give a command, but before she could say anything a voice spoke straight in her head. Join. Gracia stayed quiet, not knowing what to do, or what that voice was as a matter of fact. She then started to feel a strange feeling, and before she knew it she vanished into thin air along with her M.G.D.s.

Gracia blinked and realized that she wasn't in the building anymore. In front of her were 6 other people, ones she has never met before, but she did recognize them a little. She was in shock, shacking of the situation she was in. "No." She whispered ignoring what everyone said. She then turned around to see her 34 M.G.D.s she had left, some were standing while others were laying down. "No." She said a bit louder. "Send me back!" Her voice was now raised. "Whoever brought me here send me back now!" She then turned to the 6 others. "Please, send me back." her voice got softer." Gracia then fell to her knees, the shock was too much for her.

Blaze walked away from a shelter that had been destroyed by Voraer, trying to find where the other Adachi's are . Not long after that Blaze felt that someone or something is following him. When he looked back, there was a large bunch of bears chasing him. "What the hell?" Blaze started running to escape the chasing bears. "Even tough I'm an Adachi now, there's no way I can beat them all!" Blaze shouted as he ran. When he ran Blaze was confronted by some bears that were in front of him. "Behind me there are bears, now in front also bears! Why am I always being chased by a bear?" Blaze shouted. The Bear in front of Blaze immediately attacked him and tried to rip him. Blaze dodged the bear's claw. "Take that!" Blaze punched the bear's stomach. "Rooaaarrr!" The bear is yelling in pain. "And this!" Blaze quickly punched the bear's head, sending it flying.

Although Blaze beat the bear in front of him, it turns out the bears are chasing him was behind him and ready to pounce on him. Suddenly he heard a voice in his head. "Vachi?" Blaze thought. that voice said "Join". "Join? What does it mean?" Blaze thought to himself. Suddenly he felt like floating in the air and he disappeared. The bears that had to strike him feel confused, because Blaze has gone from their presence.

When Blaze opened his eyes, he had to be somewhere else. He looked around and found  6 other Adachi's. One of the girls pleaded to the other to send her back. Blaze walked to the girl who pleaded to send her back. "What's wrong? Why did you want to be sent back?" Blaze asked to the girl.

Aitheras was listening closely to the discussions of his fellow Adachi, and got to know them. He saw a slightly short girl seeming around 18 tell him how she could get anywhere. After a bit of asking, he found out her name was Tabitha Thomas, but now Terra. Why is my heart beating faster? It can't be some stupid feeling like love…. With this attack by the Voraer, it would hurt too much to lose someone. Can't love. He reminded himself. Aitheras was staring at her deep green eyes, like sculpted emeralds, with traces of gold in them. When Terra coughed dryly, he snapped out of his trance and looked away, blushing slightly.

Listening to the rest of the group again, he found out the Fire Plane Adachi was called Vincent Blaze, the Water Plane Adachi's name was Silica Mizu, the Wind's Adachi was Kaze, Darkness was Gracia Umbra, and Light was Hikari. Looking around him, he saw three distinct paths. One seemed shrouded in a malevolent aura, another was plain, and the third was glowing, with bright flowers and such nearby. Flowers? Nothing can grow here…. Something's fishy… Looking closer, he saw tiny flecks of a dark crimson. Blood… Looking at the plain path, he saw something gleaming at one side, and saw the tip of a very sharp blade. Looking at the darkened one, it seemed the least deadly, but the aura to it was real. Very real.

"Hey, we need  to go down the first path. If you look closely, there's traps everywhere in the second and third ones." He heard a familiar voice. Without looking, he knew it was Terra. Figures. She's in connection with the earth. She'd detect something strange in it. He thought wryly.

As the others looked carefully to confirm Terra's words, they each saw the vicious traps. Aitheras blasted the flowers and spikes with energy shards, but they just bounced off. Seems like we'll have to take the first path.

[hr]

A creature lurked on the side of the dark path with a couple of wraith-like monsters beside it. The lupine corruption growled softly.

[hr]

As the group made their way down to the first path, they each stepped in one by one, and even Gracia seemed suffocated by the aura. Aitheras had just barely stepped in after the last of the group when a creature launched itself from the side of the path, with strange shadow-like formations around it. Growling loudly, it lunged at Terra. Instinctively, Aitheras fell into his third spell: Exraven. Pushing his palm out at the monster, he sent a ball of energy hurtling at the wolf. It turned to duck, but was slow, and it struck it on the wolf's shoulder. It roared angrily. Terra nodded her thanks, but Aitheras and the rest of the group were prepared for battle, and Aitheras gave a slight nod. Terra got ready too, and the group faced off against the monster...

Terra eyed Aitheras for a second. The boy seemed to have a sense of leadership about him, and Terra wasn't sure if she liked that. Of course she wasn't sure if she liked the entire situation. Teaming up with people weren't exactly on her list of strengths. Things were easier when she was on her own. No one to worry about. No one to protect. After leading the group to the least dangerous of the paths, Terra actually felt a small sense of pride. Here she was surrounded by a group of super powerful people and they had to turn to her for help. Although, she didn't want this to become a habit. When people relied on you, you let them down, and when you let people down, you make enemies.

Terra turned the names of the other Adachi over in her mind. Aitheras the Aether Adachi. Silica of the Water. Vicent of the Fire. Gracia of the Shadows, who as Terra noted seemed to be a bit panicked. She could of course understand that, being transported against your will wasn't exactly the most enjoyable of experiences. Kaze was the Wind Adachi and Hikari sported the power of light. Along with the group of Adachi had come a pack of mechanical dogs. It would seem that they belonged to Gracia. Terra glared at them. She had never been fond of androids, although she did like dogs so maybe they cancelled each other out. 

Before Terra could think about anything she felt a change in the attitude of the group. Suddenly everyone had grown tense. Too late did she realize that they were under attack. A shadow beast leaped from the cover of the bushes, aiming to attack her. The creatures brandished its oily claws, ready to finish her off. Before the beast could make contact it was shot aside as a ball of energy connected with its shoulder. Noting that it came from Aitheras, she nodded at him and prepared for battle. Drawing her two laser pistols, she turned to survey her attackers. It would appear that the wolf-like creature that had attacked her was the main problem, but with it were a mass of shadowy figures that looked dangerous enough to worry about. Thinking that the wolf creature would probably want revenge on Aitheras for hitting it, Terra figured it was time to repay the favor. Then they would be even. Brandishing her pistols she sent off a barrage of energy bullets at the creature and then turned and fired a few at the other creatures. It was time to prove herself.

Silica found herself pacing. "How the hell did this happen?" She said for the umpteenth time. A few psychos thought they had found themselves an easy meal. The cannibals didn't make it close to her before they found themselves gutted. She was sickened by the humans that ate each other. "As if there isn't a local market nearby." She then headed for the Cherry Blossom garden. It was one of the last beautiful places she knew. As she was sitting, she head the voice go off in her head. It was only a mere whisper  but it was too clear to miss. She saw the other Adachi in her mind. She closed her eyes, and let the sensation rush to hew.

She re-opened them, and to her surprise, she was with a group of others. She looked around. Who are you. Was the thought she had going through her head. There were a few others talking, but she didn't know them. The group began talking, and they were equally as clueless as her. The one girl, seemed to have a mental breakdown. She collapsed and began crying "Take me back, please." Silica didn't know how to help, and could truthfully care less. The others were useless in finding were she was. The one boy, the one with the scar on his eye, Hikari, had a journal out. Maybe I should log this. She thought. She turned her attention to him. Something clicked about him. She walked to him. "Hi, I'm Silica. For one reason or another, we ended up here. Do you have any ideas?" She was cut short.

Up ahead, a wolf like creature followed by gross little, demons followed it. She looked about, keeping calm. She did a quick area sweep, then she brought up some little plans. She relayed the names of the others in her head, as the whisper had told her when she arrived. The wolf lunged at...Terra..yes, thats her name. It stopped just short of its mark, since...Aitherus...yea, shot it down. She shook her head. "Terra, you need to be more careful." she said, before pulling out her dagger. Terra pulled out 2 very nice looking pistols. She shot rounds into the crowd of corruptions. SIlica was actually impressed with her accuracy. Taking advantage of the sudden rounds, Silica dashed at the Lupine creation. She rolled by it as it tried to attack her. She didn't try to attack, but only to distract. "Umm, Hikari...now!" she said, right as she gracefully landed behind it, praying the Lupine bought the diversion.

Kaze's day started out quite fine. Sure, he was in his new home, which was a nice field near the dump. Most would of not thought that he would like this, being paranoid and all. Germs didn't bother him, it was people. People had minds. People could go out of their way to conspire against you. Germs just did the same thing no matter what. They were simply programmed that way, and it hardly bothered him seeing as they were mostly non-lethal. When one ate food out of the dump, yes, it would be nasty. A book, on the other hand, would be just fine. The point was that Kaze was having quite the time reading a book that had the cover ripped off of it. Oh, what was the name? Ah, it eluded him, but it couldn't mean less to him. "What's the name of this book again?" he asked to the empty field. No one was close for another mile or two.

"'The Final Rose. Now shut up, you almost made me lose my spot," answered Kaze. Well, not him exactly, just the other personality of his. They both had a dislike for other humans in different ways. Whereas Kaze didn't like them due to paranoia and fear, the alter ego simply hated people for those petty things they did. There was such a large amount of these things that he hated, that'd be easier just to list down what he liked. And, though the other Kaze could get a bit frustrated at times, they actually could be considered friends. One would be rather abusive to the other if he annoyed him, but still friends. Nevertheless, they sat upon that field reading. The book was rather elegant. It wasn't a romance novel, but rather a psychological-thriller. The killer would always deliver a rose to his victims during their final moments, thus the title. This was one of Kaze's rare moments when he smiled, a subtle one, but still a smile. The occasion was delightful, and all they needed was to be left alone by the rest of the world.

Sadly, fate's hand had never delivered many gifted to Kaze, and out of the corner of his eye was one of those creatures, the Voraer. Kaze had made an agreement to the other him. Since he, personally, didn't like fighting and these creatures still petrified him with fear, once they were forced to fight one of them, they'd switch off. Kaze did the calm activities in the world and the other did all the fighting and dangerous ones. He dropped his book, shocked by the approaching monster and then, his body was no longer under his control. I mean, it was, he just wasn't doing anything, it was his friend. Kaze stood his ground as the oily, living mass came near. This was gonna be a piece of cake. Suddenly, though, a voice came into both minds. Join. A wave of confusion surrounded the two. That wasn't a thought that they made, they weren't even sure who might've made it. A flash of light blinded Kaze, and then it came to him.

The visions of the other Adachis. Others like him, with that kind of power. The very powers he had been running from. And in a split second, he was somewhere else, and they were there to. "No," Kaze whispered to himself, "I'm not supposed t-," "Calm down," interrupted himself, "I'll take over for now, you just keep quiet. We don't need them thinking we're crazy." Kaze stood up, his self shared conversation unknown to the others. All of them appeared to be like the majority of the population of the pathetic world, but at least they were strong enough to gain the Adachi's powers. That meant something, but not much, especially if someone was hysterical because of something being in danger or a similar kind of unrelated garbage. He stayed silent, allowing the others to talk the strategy over. He wore a calm, easy, emotionless expression on his face. The group decided to go down a path that the Earth Adachi chose, and Kaze made sure to stay behind the rest. 

As they entered the path, a large wolf like creature with small, devilish blobs near came towards them. Terra took two pistols and shot at the smaller things. He watched as the controller of Water began to pull a maneuver to distract the beast. He didn't need to appear useless, or have someone who could be manipulated later to die, so he decided to take a similar approach. While she dodged the monster's attack, Kaze made a mad dash on the wolf's opposite side. He slid by the Adachi, preparing a Wind Shield if the creature really did take the bait. 

"So, that guy is Aitheras, That one is Mizu, that one is Kaze. that one with the pistol is Terra, she's Umbra, and that's Hikari ..." Blaze was mumbling to himself. Not long after that the group decided to choose between 3 paths. Terra said that the 2nd and 3rd path is full of trap, hence we choose the first path. After deciding that, Blaze walked to the direction of Gracia. "Hey, c'mon we need to move right now ..." Blaze said to Gracia. He then left her to walk with the group. Blaze and Kaze walk in the back row.

As the group was walking down that path, suddenly a wolf appears followed by a mass of little shadowy creature. The wolf  attacked Terra directly, only to be shot by a ball of energy from Aitheras. Terra nodded at Aitheras and immediately opened fire on the smaller creatures. While Mizu is attracting the wolf attention, making the wolf angry and attacked her. But she dodged all the attack launched by the wolf. Kaze quickly stepped forward and made a wind shield in case if the wolves eat the bait. Blaze ran toward wolf. When he was right in front of the wolf, "Take this!" Blaze punched the face of the wolf, sending it flying towards the direction of Kaze and the wolf hit his Wind shield.

Gracia remained on her knees while the others spoke. It was one person that snapped her back to her old self, Blaze to be more exact. He had walked up to her and told her that they were leaving. Gracia looked at him for a few seconds, after which she did stand up. They'll be fine. She though to herself. My plans were based on the assumption that I was defeated by those things. Gracia then began to walk, being second to last of the group. Her M.G.D.s were sticking near her, acting like regular dogs. These M.G.D.s may be robots, but when they have no command issued to them they act like regular dogs. Some of them wandered off bit, others kept their nose to the ground, some even walked up to Gracia and made her pet them as they walked. 

After a few minutes of walking the group was attacked by a wolf like shadow creature and many smaller shadow creatures. Gracia didn't need to give a command at this point, all 34 of her M.G.D.s determined that the six humans' lifes were in danger. One of their main programmings kicked in, "protect all humans." So as soon as the attack started the M.G.D.s began to attack the smaller shadow creatures. Gracia then began to create Decay Dust, which was the only ability she knew at the moment. This black dust began to pile on the ground, but it did nothing. It wasn't until Gracia used her power on it did the decaying effects start. Still she could only create this dust at a limited rate, so for now she just stood in one place creating the black dust, with 3 M.G.D.s standing guard in case something attacked her.

Aitheras, Gracia, Kaze, Terra, Blaze and Silica... Hikari had written the names of the other Adachi in his journal on the top of the first page so that he can go back to it later. He thought about writing more, but he thought that they should all get to safety, probably at night, so that he would have the chance to record not only everything he didn't get to write, which was all the events coming up to now, but record his first day. His story will be in journal format, but still written in a way that made sense. He then saw Gracia break down in front of him. He couldn't do anything to help, and just felt bad for her. His sympathy wasn't all that visible, though, as he'll just write it all down later to keep it in mind the next time it happens. But the question is when? He'll probably find out soon enough.

But then, he noticed Silica walk towards him. Hikari was surprised to see that the girl that caught his eye would walk up to him. It was a surprise, but he disregarded it and just answered her question. "You can thank Vachi for that." he said. "If I knew why we were here, then I'd know where to go. So, I got nothing. Sorry." He then chuckled for no real reason. And for a second, he was just staring at her. Why, he didn't know. It wasn't until Terra brought him and possibly the other back down to Earth and told everyone to go down the first path. He then realized that there were 3 ways that they could go. And when Terra mentioned traps on the other two traps, Hikari was impressed. He understood that being the Earth Adachi can have its benefits, especially when you know what to expect in forks in the road.

Trailing behind Silica as they walked down the first path, which felt like he was in a house full of cigarette smoke, cause he had a hard time breathing and was coughing profusely. A minute of walking through the suffocating dark aura later, a Wolf-like Voraer appeared with other pawn Voraer by its side. He watched as the lupine lunged at Terra while she was off guard. He was about to do something, but Aitheras' quick thinking saved her life. He then saw two of the Shadow Voraer run towards him, and he unsheathed his sword. "Alright, let's go!" he yelled as he dashed towards his enemies. One attempted to slash at him, but Hikari dodged just barely and proceeded with decapitating it. He then realized that the other was behind him and attempted to charge a sneak attack. He then flipped backward over it, pulling out his pistol and channels light energy through the barrel, pulling the trigger 3 times, shooting bullets composed of condensed light energy at the Shadow. It then disintegrated where it stood as Hikari landed with style and sheathed his sword.

He then sighed, as that took more energy than he thought it would. He then proceeded to look at the battle with the Wolf Voraer and noticed that Aitheras had shot it in the shoulder. Impressive, yes, but then he noticed Silica go up to it. What was she doing? Was she going to attack? By how she was running towards it, he noticed that it might be a diversion. But for what? He then heard her say for him to attack. This shocked him. What!? he thought. Well, this should have been expected. Oh well. Using time as his advantage, he quickly pulled out his pistol and steadied his aim. He then began to concentrate light energy into his next bullet. And considering how fast this Wolf Voraer is, he decided that, if he was going to jump to dodge it, he would aim for the neck, so that when it dodges, it would hit his chest or stomach, and do severe damage. Fully charged, he aimed for the Voraer's neck and proceeded to pull the trigger. Shining Disruption! He then shot the light grenade-bullet at the Voraer's neck, expecting it to dodge.

Aitheras was watching with stunned fascination as his fellow Adachi - friends, he corrected himself - battered down on the Voraer. The wolf weakened by his initial hit, Terra then let out a salvo of shots, Mizu distracted it, Kaze prepared a shield to absorb the soon-to-be-flying Wolf's hit. While the three did that, Blaze smashed the face of the wolf extremely hard, and the sneaky smaller Voraer were viciously shredded apart by Gracia's dog-bots. Hikari vaporized two of the smaller ones, and shot a larger than normal bullet towards the Wolf's neck.

NO! Aitheras thought. It was going to miss. He then watched in surprise as the Voraer jumped to dodge it - placing its chest full on in the path of the blast. Strangely, it stuck to the Voraer, then sunk in to its chest's center. After a second or two, a harsh light burst out, and the Voraer's entire torso was almost ripped out.

To the group's shock, unlike the shadowy wraith creatures that simply vanished when killed, this one mewled painfully, and the shadow melted off of it, leaving a basically dead wolf cub. It whimpered for another few seconds, then with a final cry, it closed its eyes, to open them nevermore…

[hr]

Krhshskssrhkshrksk…. The lone surviving Writhe squirmed under its master's stare. Having teleported back to the Khauv Plane, the Writhe told the master what had happened before thinking what would happen to him for the failure

"What… what on the entirety of the Planesssss made you think you could ffffaillll? Did you really let the band of fools overpower your fellows AND Lupabrare? Pah. Misssserable idiot…" The sinister voice that crept out like poisoned honey would've been much, much scarier than a yelling one. With a loud snap, the Writhe screamed as it was subjected to the feeling of intense light. The shadowy Lord listened to the agonized cries for a while, but soon got bored and crushed the Writhe to nothing exerting his heavy aura.

Lupabrare fell to the Adachi? The Voraer wassss too weak then anyway. Good riddance…. Should I send Gia'me? No…. Later….

[hr]

Aitheras sighed in relief at defeating the Wolf Voraer with his friends, and missed the Writhe that had ran away. "Let's get back on track. Terra, you okay?" Aith asked slightly concerned. Despite his efforts, he had some 'attachment' to Terra now.

[hr]

[In the Khauv Plane…]

"No one… no one messsssessss with me…. I am VORAI! SUPREME LIEUTENANT TO THE KHAUV!" With a feral, unbridled, angry roar, the shadowy figure named Vorai points at surrounding Voraer and instantly kills and absorbs them….

Terra examined the situation. Things had gone pretty well. It would seem that none of the Adachi had been hurt too badly. "Terra, you okay?" The question came from Aitheras. She turned to him and eyed him suspiciously. "I'm fine." She said bluntly. This wasn't a time to forming any relationships. While Terra might play around with the idea of being a savior of the world, she didn't think she would accomplish this by making friends. Allies. Colleagues. But friends were not a part of the game plan and most definitely not a 'special someone'. "Let's continue." Terra said.

Terra continued along the path. She wasn't sure what they were looking for, but that didn't really matter to her. If danger reared its head, she'd blast it off. No biggie. Walking down the path she focused on her bearings. It hadn't really hit her before now that she could be this aware of everything on the earth. If she concentrated hard enough she could feel the vibrations through the earth of the other Adachi's footsteps behind her. She could feel the swaying of the flowers. It was somewhat overwhelming, but also endearing at the same time. 

The fight went too smooth. "Was that supposed to be an enemy?" she sneered. It was too easy. Maybe too good to be true. She looked Twords Aitheras. His attention was on Terra. He asked her if she was hurt, only to be shot down by her comments. Silica Wasn't sure if she like Terra. She was too secluded. She shrugged it off. She did a few hand springs to stretch out, and she landed next to Hikari. Something about him struck her. She could feel for Aitherus. She herself was feeling what he must have felt.

"That was fast. Good shot too. Had you aimed for the body, I might have taken the bullet." She said to him. she shot a look twords Terra. Her eyes said it all. They read "Give him a chance." She continued to talk with Hikari. Something about him...she kept thinking. Her ice blue eyes locked with his. She jolted her gaze away from him quickly, since he began bringing up memories of her "Father." She had been trying too hard to forget him. She couldn't bear it. She ran ahead of him, and Terra.As much as she liked Hikari, she couldn't be with him. No, I wont go through the pain of losing another one. Not again! She thought. Her tears never made it past her face. She kept evaporating them before they could. She kept her back to the group.

I bet he is a good guy, but I can't! I can't go through the pain again. The scars of losing someone, they run too deep. Especially since we are in the middle of this shit fest. 

The part of Kaze that could be considered good, the one that currently chose not to have control, was rather saddened by the final squeals that it let out. The man called Kaze currently making the choices actually found it enjoyable. The little bugger decided to cross the wrong people at the wrong time, and whether that was plain idiocy or instinct, it still got itself killed. Sympathy was not even a thought that might have made its way into the cruel one's mind. So he took a quick look around at the others. They were appeared to be content with their victory, trying to make conversation with the others, like friends might do. But anyone smart there knew the reality. These people were not friends to this Kaze. They were tools, tools with the ultimate goal of revenge.

However, he had to press on with the rest of these morons. They almost made him sick, as if they had contaminated him with their filth. It disgusted him, but he had to keep his straight face. He had a mission, and these sacks of trash were a requirement, sadly. It was amusing to overhear some of their interactions. Some people there were actually convinced that the rest were good hearted, selfless individuals. Any who, he continued his eavesdropping on his "companions" and made sure to stay behind them, trying not to be bothered.

Hikari rubbed the back of his head with his hand as he chuckled at Silica's compliment. "Yeah, I made sure to fool that thing into thinking it would get its head blown off had it not dodged." he said to her. Then the two began to engage small talk. All the while, the two were fully locked onto each other eye...well, eye for Hikari, anyways...and he felt a lot calmer while being around her. He didn't know why. But once Silica jolted her eyes away, he knew something was wrong. He was about to ask what's going on, until she ran past him and Terra. Unlike Terra, however, sympathy began to overflow instead of just feeling it. When Silica had her back turned to everybody, Hikari walked up to her. For a minute, he didn't know what to say to her without having her snap at him. And considering she's the Water Adachi, that's understandable. Hesitating, he tries to place his hand on her shoulder. "What's wrong? I know I might not be able to help, but I can try. You can talk to me. You just gotta be open about it." He then let go of her shoulder. "Now that I think about it, we should wait until we know we're safe, and then we can chat. Okay?"

Regretfully not letting Silica get a chance to speak, he turns around and starts following the group back down the path they were going, hoping that was the only one they had to deal with. "I may not have been in the same situation as Silica, but I can at least be there when she's at her most vulnerable. I hate when I see women I befriend get upset. It puts guilt on my heart that I didn't see it coming and be able to stop the grief before it starts. I don't know if we are meant for one another, but one thing's for sure: Now that's she's apart of my life, along with the others, I'll have to try and make sure they are still willful enough to fight back the forces that threaten our own lives. Plus, I got one opportunity to heal someone at the moment. But as I get stronger, I'll have more chances for my allies to keep living." Hikari wrote in the third page in his journal. He did so to make sure he didn't go into too much detail about his life story before and after the Khauv infestation started, and made sure to have enough detail to explain how he came about meeting his fellow Adachi. But Silica will always be the first thing on his mind when action is the least that they all have to worry about in the present time.

At the end of the battle Gracia ended up doing nothing. Her M.G.D.s did more work than her, in fact they actually killed many of the smaller shadow creatures. She gave out a sigh and looked at her feet. There was about 3 gallons of Decay Dust, although for now it would be just normal black dust. It isn't until Gracia activates her power that the dust's decaying abilities activate. So she did  what she does with all her extra Decay Dust, she got one of her M.G.D.s to suck it all up. Like this she wouldn't need to create more in a later fight. It only took a few seconds for the M.G.D. to suck the sand up, where it stored it in a container that all the M.G.D.s had. 

Gracia then walked up to one of her injured M.G.D.s. "Hmm, were moving so I can't fix you yet." She then put her hand on its rear right leg. She tried to move it, but it was stuck. "Well it's not that bad." Lucky for her it wasn't any of the M.G.D.s that could make a stretcher. Two M.G.D.s walked next to each other, and two rods shot out from one of them and connected to the other. Then a cloth attached from one to the other in between the pipes. This of course formed the stretcher  where she and another M.G.D. put the injured one on. Then she continued walking with her laptop on her arm. Her screen had many things going on with it, but somehow she kept up with everything.

Blaze walked toward the dead cub was. "I'm sorry ... but this is the only way ... I'm really sorry ...". Having said that, Blaze looks to the other Adachi to make sure none of them were injured. After making sure no one was hurt, Blaze turned his attention to Kaze. He walked towards Kaze's direction. "Hey, why are you alone? Come join with others ..." Blaze smiled at Kaze.

After talking to Kaze, Blaze saw Gracia who was checking the state of MGD hers. Blaze walked beside Gracia "Are they okay?" Blaze asked Gracia who are looking at her laptop. On the laptop screen there is a lot of data that can not be understood by the Blaze. "she's definitely a very smart girl ...  she can understand all the data on her laptop screen ..." muttered Blaze.

Terra rolled her eyes as Silicia ran past her, tears in her eyes. It was moments like that, that gave women a bad name. They were not all criers. They didn't all fall for that lovey-dovey crap that all the movies would have you believe. They didn't all have daddy issues or got upset about breaking a nail. Tears were a sign of weakness and Terra did not like weakness. Hikari ran to Silicia comforting her. Typical. Male comforts female. Male gets in females pants. 

Terra turned her attention to the rest of the group. Not with her eyes, but through her new found ability of sensing them. If her readings were right, it seemed that Kaze was at the back of the group. Kaze seemed to be the most likable out of the group. He was quiet and offputtish. No nonesense. No mess. That was what Terra was looking for. Someone that she could work with, someone that wouldn't then latch onto her. She made a note of that. 

Aitheras was slightly hurt feeling when Terra shot him down without a second thought or glance. Can't blame her. She's too much of a sort of self-working type. Besides, the situation and all isn't really the best anyway. For some reason, Aith still felt slightly disappointed, and he shook his head trying to clear it.

Glancing around, he saw Terra mildly walking along when a blur of motion swept past him. He turned and saw Silica - was it? - running and crying, but making them disappear before they rolled any further down. I need to harden my heart…. He wondered what happened. Looking around, he saw Hikari looking kind of confused, but going to comfort her anyway. He noticed Kaze just didn't seem interested in anything as of the moment. Seeing a brief twitch that seemed like a smile when Kaze saw the dead wolf cub, he thought about it, but dismissed it. Why would he like killing? Hearing a whirring among some other mechanical sounds, he saw Gracia tending to a dog-bot thing with all sorts of contraptions inside each dog. Aitheras slightly grinned at that. Her and her dogs. At least she's more open now. Blaze was bent over the dead cub and seemed to be briefly mourning it, before walking over to Gracia and talking to her a bit.

Aitheras grimaced when he saw Terra rolling her eyes at Silica crying, but accepted it as part of her personality.

The group was walking along the long curving path that seemed to have no end when a hissing voice rang through the group's collective thoughts.

Good job…. Sssshould I let you all party a bit? You all have done sssssuch a great effort so ffffar… Well? I take that asssss a yesssss.

Before the group could do anything, they were going through the sense of being pulled through the fabric of space itself. However, the voice seemed completely unlike Vachi's and they wondered whose it was, but it sounded sort of…. wrong for some reason. Also, the sense of being pulled now was a strange one with alternating waves of pain and pleasure. With that, all turned black.

[hr]

Where am I? Aitheras thought. Groggily, he realized he was flat on his back in some sort of casino or hotel filled with people. He saw the others looking around and coming to the same conclusion. Motioning vaguely with his hand, he stepped outside after finding the door. When he saw the sign, he laughed dryly. "Ha ha. Very funny." The Paradice Hotel: Top in Las Vegas! Stepping back in, he notified his friends of the location. Once they all stood up and dusted themselves off, a scruffy teenager came up to them and offered to buy drinks for the group. The teenager looked drunk, but was seemingly underage. That was when Aith got the concept here. They think the world's over anyway, so they'll party to the end. Jeez. Aith was slightly suspicious, but wanted to investigate, so accepted the invitation. The teenager nodded and looked at the other 6 Adachi for their answers.

Kaze, both of them, heard the odd voice as it broadcasted into their minds. The twisted sound spooked the Kaze currently inactive, though the other was rather angered by this. If someone had the balls to get into his mind in the first place, he'd best be damned ready for a fight. Nevertheless, a sensation fell over the two and then, they and the other Adachis, found themselves in some sort of big city casino. The sensation was truly impossible to discribe, but they didn't pay it much mind. Sadly, this is where the Kaze who was cowering behind his alter ego kind of snapped. Too many people. They all had something to think about him. They could all be planning to kill him and take what little he had or something. They couldn't be trusted none of them.

And then, the man who appeared to be a tough, no nonsense kind of guy, began to cry. "No, no, no!" he started mumbling. He was terrified. He could barely deal with six others around him, now it had to be 6000? He fell to his knees, paralyzed by his fear. Of course, the other was enraged. And that's when something truly extrodinary happened. The two had a converstation with, well, themself. "Not now," said the one who had had his control ripped from him be fear, "I'm not having you cry here. Especially not in my body." "But," began the scared one. "I said stop!" The tears ceased immediately. The cold hearted man stood up once more, wiping the teardrops that had been left upon his face.

There was a large annoyance in his eyes. If there was anything that frustrated him more than misplaced weakness, it was showing off that weakness to the world. A teenager began to approach Kaze and offered him a drink. It was tempting, but he didn't need mind altering substances to interupt his plan. He gave out a dull no, and turned his back to the rest of the group. While he may not have trusted them, he had a good feeling they wouldn't kill him in the middle a busy hotel. He took a seat, observing the many people there. He wasn't sure if it was just him, but he didn't like it here.

Archived