1 vs 1! Hootcake vs Aixdivadis START VOTING

Northern Sage

IlBlud-CSOC-EN-SR-LE.png

DoomShaman-CP07-EN-R-UE.png

GigaplantPTDN-EN-R-1E.png

The idea is to make another card in this fashion, preferably in a type not done before.

First to apply gets the challenge.

3 votes to win.

Voters must give a reason.

The winner gets 1 like and 100 points from the loser.

Go.

Hootcake's Card:

172500.jpg

While face-up on the field and in the Graveyard: This card is treated as a Normal Monster. If this card is face-up on the field: You can Normal Summon this card; It is treated as an Effect Monster with the following effect:
• Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Rock-type monster from your hand or either player's Graveyard. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by a card effect: You can send 1 Rock-type monster from your deck to your Graveyard instead.

Aixdivadis' card:

178679.jpg

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field: You can Normal Summon this card to treat it as an Effect Monster with the following effect:

• Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Gemini Monster from your hand or Graveyard.

Get to voting!

Sphinx: OCG is off, but the card looks cool and has cool applications. Once its effect is on, it will reward you for overextending, and Catapult Zone will make it nigh-impossible to kill. But there's not a lot of cheap revival for Rocks unless you count Gransoil or Release from Stone, so it would be a hassle to actually get out to use, like Gemini Soldier.

Evocator: OCG is more or less correct. Art is crowded and is so close to being interesting, but fails. This would loop if Superalloy Beast Raptinus is face-up; you could get one to Summon the other and go on like that.It's LIGHT and is easy to put in the Graveyard with Featherizer for a quick Supervise flip. You could probably pull something off with cheap strong Geminis like Neos Alius, and it promotes easy Xyzes, but it's suited more for a Gemini Deck than any particular Type.

In the end, I...can't vote for either. It's a deadlock to me.

I give it to the sphinx

While I do like them both because of their simplicity I would say that the summoner seems to lean towards more loops. Sure it would take a while to set up any significant loops but there are loops nonetheless. As for the sphinx I find rocks really undersupported so it got bonus points for picking a set whose main purpose in the game was either set up a stun or stall.

You know what? Chance is going to start aiding in these.

Let's break apart the cards.

First, off, the Sphinx. It has several good targets going in-for-itself and is further supported by Revival Golem adding several card advantage to your hand. It also fuels itself for more copies, but at a steady rate.

Then we have the Gemini that Summons Geminis. Very interesting, very peculiar, and relatively flexible...but unfortunately it lacks. By summoning Gemini monsters themselves it still slows them down quite a bit, even if it Summons itself for instant Xyzs, something that Sphinx could also do and sets up much more efficiently. It's lacking.

My vote - Hootcake.

Archived