[MTG] You Make the Card idea

Flame Dragon

Since Wizards is holding a you make the card contest (an event where MTG players come together and try to make a card) I thought I'd shair my idea. 

Since I'm going for land my idea atm is

5 Color Man Land

[card name] enters the battlefield tapped.

T: Add 1 to your mana pool

1, T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

X: Until end of turn, [card name] becomes a X/X white, blue, black, red, and green Avatar creature, where X is twice the amount of each color of mana spent to activate this effect.

• 3 weeks later...

So if I'm reading this correctly, the last effect lets you spend 10 mana, assuming you can get 10 mana in colors that would win you the game with Door to Nothingness, in order to... turn him into a 4/4 who has all colors but doesn't have any other abilities (beyond mana generation) or keywords?

The universal filter is interesting, but the manland part is just weak.

So if I'm reading this correctly, the last effect lets you spend 10 mana, assuming you can get 10 mana in colors that would win you the game with Door to Nothingness, in order to... turn him into a 4/4 who has all colors but doesn't have any other abilities (beyond mana generation) or keywords?

The universal filter is interesting, but the manland part is just weak.

The most you would spend is 5 mana (1 of every color) to make a 10/10. I wasn't sure how to word it so I went with the wording on Sunburst. 

"X is twice the amount of each color of mana" doesn't seem right. What about "X is twice the number of colors of mana"? Or it's a 0/0 with +2/+2 for each color of mana spent on it, stealing the wording from Sunburst directly?

And yeah, WUBRG for a 10/10 that can't be killed by sorcery-speed creature removal is a bit sketchy. Still, at least you need to pay the WUBRG every turn to maintain it.

"X is twice the amount of each color of mana" doesn't seem right. What about "X is twice the number of colors of mana"? Or it's a 0/0 with +2/+2 for each color of mana spent on it, stealing the wording from Sunburst directly?

And yeah, WUBRG for a 10/10 that can't be killed by sorcery-speed creature removal is a bit sketchy. Still, at least you need to pay the WUBRG every turn to maintain it.

It would be the latter. A 0/0 that gets +2/+2 for each color of mana. That wording might be better.

Yea. I figured with Fusion Elemental being a 8/8 this was only a bit over, but since it also makes you use a 6th land I figured it was ok. 

Archived