[MtG] Greymane Revenge - a WoW Worgen-based deck.

Deathdwarf

Now that MCM finally works, this is moved to the forums there. I am leaving this deck of cards though.

So, this is the first of my decks for the "Azeroth Unleashed" (Alpha Title) Theme for MCM, just to let possible MCM users see what one of the probably biggest "Pop Culture" decks will be.

Those are existing a long time, but to celebrate both the new game "Hearthstone" and the MCM I will post them now.

Presenting Greymane Revenge

[spoiler:]

[attachment=36967:Cover Greymane Revenge.jpg]

[/spoiler]

#001 + 002: Genn Greymane

001-GennGreymaneA.jpg002-GennGreymaneB.jpg

[/spoiler]

#003 - 005: Basic Worgen Units

003-DarkNobleman.jpg004-GilneanNecromancer.jpg005-GilneanSpy.jpg

[/spoiler]

#006 - 008: Supporters for Combat

006-GilneanSoldier.jpg007-LordHarford.jpg008-IvarBloodfang.jpg

[/spoiler]

#009 + 010: Elite Worgen Infantrymen

009-NightHowler.jpg010-WorgenExecutor.jpg

[/spoiler]

#011 - 013: Instants for fighting

011-LightTouch.jpg012-DustWarfare.jpg013-HeavyArms.jpg

[/spoiler]

#014 - 016: Supporters for Abilities and Enchanting

014-LeadingtheWolfPack.jpg015-HumanForm.jpg016-NationalPride.jpg

[/spoiler]

#017 + 018: Lands

017-GilneanAlley.jpg018-SilverpineForest.jpg

[/spoiler]

#019 + 020: The Betrayal Traps

019-Betrayal.jpg020-GettingBetrayed.jpg

[/spoiler]

The wording for one thing.

I know. But working over them all would mean remaking them all, as MCM isn't able to save them yet, and I'll remake them as it can, so I can save them as well.

What you see here is a prototype, to be honest, not caring about finesse. As you will probably notice, I forgot the rarity marks on some of them and the Worgen Executor (who is a horrible card on purpose, if you are wondering) still has the original Copyright instead of the Deck name.

getting betrayed: there's no mana cost

Yes, as it is played in the battle phase of the opponent.

I was not quite sure about the question if you could tap your own mana throughout the opponents battle phase, as it is important that tapped cards stay tapped until its your turn again, if I remember right. Also, I didn't want to make the game luck based, so you would have to keep up a huge amount of mana just in the hope your opponent would play out a creature. Also, an opponent knowing the deck would know about the trap awaiting him and not play out a creature.

This card is a lot like the Yu-Gi-Oh Trap Cards of course, and the reason is quite obvious if you look at the URL of this forum ;) I wanted Yu-Gi-Oh players with not so much knowledge about MtG understand this card quickly, as the preversion of it was quite difficult to play. I completely reworked the cards at some points.

yes you can tap an untap land or card that produce mana in any pahse, your mana pool just emptys after each phases.

But still the card still need a mana cost even if its Zero mana (Memnite)

Alright I'll give you that. Fixing it ASAP.

Also I will be adding italic texts I guess, just offtopic. Missing those in a fantasy based deck shows how high paced they are made *blush*

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived