[MTG] The Art of Attrition

Flame Dragon

The Art of Attrition
1BBBB
Enchantment
1BB, Sacrifice two creatures: Destroy target creature.
Whenever creature dies, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.

My submission for You Make the Card. Leaving in the missing "a" that should come between "Whenever" and "creature" just to show off how oblivious I can be. 

So, any chance this will make it to the voting?

I swear I only saw the first half. I must be going crazy.

The first and second half aren't related. As long as this is on the field every creature death gains your life and costs your opponent some of theirs. Not to mention if 3 creatures die the effect goes on the stack 3 times hitting them for 3 and gaining you 3. Its the same wording as Blood Artist so that part should be clear imo.

I swear I only saw the first half. I must be going crazy.

The first and second half aren't related. As long as this is on the field every creature death gains your life and costs your opponent some of theirs. Not to mention if 3 creatures die the effect goes on the stack 3 times hitting them for 3 and gaining you 3. Its the same wording as Blood Artist so that part should be clear imo.

Oh.

Well, if you're going to stick with it being a 5-drop, then maybe swap a black for a colorless? 4 black just seems really high.

Oh.

Well, if you're going to stick with it being a 5-drop, then maybe swap a black for a colorless? 4 black just seems really high.

Yea, I wasn't sure if this wanted to be 1BBBB or 2BBB. Both seem like versions that could see print. I figured I was pushing the power a bit so I made it more color dependent. Its a development issue though so if they think this can work at 2BBB it can be printed as such.

Archived