Steampunk tank

Demonbane775

8rBnqS9.jpg

The terror of the ninteenth century battlefield, this monstrous beast of a machine was capable not only of striking fear in the hearts of the soldiers that saw it approach, but in sending those same men into the pits of hell with its massive cannon.

A wonder of engineering, the Tank used cog-driven processors and color distinction to tell friend from foe. there was no need for a gunner, merely a driver and a commander.

A very quick skim of the rules doesn't say Normal Monsters aren't allowed, but they might still be forbidden to post in RC as they would not generate discussion. This definitely would not generate discussion, but I'll post nearly everything that could be posted about this that I can think up of.

Being a Normal Monster, there is not much to discuss. The one things I can discuss are its actual stats. It would be the strongest Level 5+ FIRE Machine-Type Normal Monster if released, but it has a terrible ATK when compared to the other 1-Tribute monsters in the game, especially the ones with effects such as the Monarchs and Jinzo.

There are two cards I'll directly compare this to: B.E.S. Core MK-2 and Woodborg Impachi. The former is a Level 6 FIRE Machine with 2400 ATK that can be Normal Summoned without Tribute, yet dies after battle if it was not Special Summoned. The latter has a terrible ATK score, but a somewhat-worthwhile DEF value that stops a lot of monsters from killing it in battle, yet not really high enough to be special. The special thing with Woodborg is that its 500 ATK allows you to use it for Debris Dragon and Machine Duplication. Again, this monster's 2100 ATK and lack of effect makes it completely worthless when compared to those two.

For the sake of a moment of slightly positiveness, this card works with Limiter Removal to have a nice 4200 ATK, although Limiter Removal is a dumb card and there are other cards that bring the hurt much more efficiently with said card than this card. For example, Cyber Dragon has the same ATK, a much better Attribute (LIGHT allows you to banish it for Chaos Sorcerer and BLS-EotB), and gives you access to eating your opponent's Machines for Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. If you were thinking to counter this with the likes of Summoner's Art as a form of searching, then you could do this much better with Cyber-Tech Alligator, who has a somewhat ok ATK (but still not fantastic enough to use) that doubles to a towering 5k with Removal. Finally, the likes of Machine Decks that use Machinas, Karakuris, and Gearigas get a much more significant boost to their ATK with Limiter. This card would serve no purpose there, as they can make even stronger and more useful monsters a lot more easily than it would be for them to Tribute Summon this card.

So, this card makes no difference to anything whatsoever. You can bump its ATK to 2600 or 2700 to make it a strong Normal Monster, but it is much better off with an effect. Not one that boosts ATK or damage output, but one that would increase the overall consistency of your Deck (you can still boost its ATK to around 2300-2500 if you do so).

A very quick skim of the rules doesn't say Normal Monsters aren't allowed, but they might still be forbidden to post in RC as they would not generate discussion. This definitely would not generate discussion, but I'll post nearly everything that could be posted about this that I can think up of.

Being a Normal Monster, there is not much to discuss. The one things I can discuss are its actual stats. It would be the strongest Level 5+ FIRE Machine-Type Normal Monster if released, but it has a terrible ATK when compared to the other 1-Tribute monsters in the game, especially the ones with effects such as the Monarchs and Jinzo.

There are two cards I'll directly compare this to: B.E.S. Core MK-2 and Woodborg Impachi. The former is a Level 6 FIRE Machine with 2400 ATK that can be Normal Summoned without Tribute, yet dies after battle if it was not Special Summoned. The latter has a terrible ATK score, but a somewhat-worthwhile DEF value that stops a lot of monsters from killing it in battle, yet not really high enough to be special. The special thing with Woodborg is that its 500 ATK allows you to use it for Debris Dragon and Machine Duplication. Again, this monster's 2100 ATK and lack of effect makes it completely worthless when compared to those two.

For the sake of a moment of slightly positiveness, this card works with Limiter Removal to have a nice 4200 ATK, although Limiter Removal is a dumb card and there are other cards that bring the hurt much more efficiently with said card than this card. For example, Cyber Dragon has the same ATK, a much better Attribute (LIGHT allows you to banish it for Chaos Sorcerer and BLS-EotB), and gives you access to eating your opponent's Machines for Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. If you were thinking to counter this with the likes of Summoner's Art as a form of searching, then you could do this much better with Cyber-Tech Alligator, who has a somewhat ok ATK (but still not fantastic enough to use) that doubles to a towering 5k with Removal. Finally, the likes of Machine Decks that use Machinas, Karakuris, and Gearigas get a much more significant boost to their ATK with Limiter. This card would serve no purpose there, as they can make even stronger and more useful monsters a lot more easily than it would be for them to Tribute Summon this card.

So, this card makes no difference to anything whatsoever. You can bump its ATK to 2600 or 2700 to make it a strong Normal Monster, but it is much better off with an effect. Not one that boosts ATK or damage output, but one that would increase the overall consistency of your Deck (you can still boost its ATK to around 2300-2500 if you do so).

I considered making a three-card "Steampunk" series (Steampunk Tank, Steampunk Walker, and Steampunk Gatling Gun) that could be used with a spell card to combine them into a powerful effect monster... I was just testing the waters with this.

Archived