[Leaderboard] SoulFire vs Bujin [DONE]

[spoiler=Rules]

1. First to 3 votes or most by May 10th wins.
2. Votes must have a valid reason.
3. Card must be PM'd to me and have lore posted separately.
4. Winner gets 1 Rep from loser.
5. I have the right to add rules.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

Create an Xyz monster who supports Psychic and abusing the opponents hand

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

216982.jpg

2 Level 8 Psychic Monsters

Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material; pay 1000 life points to special summon 1 Level 5 or higher Psychic-type monster from your deck. This monster cannot attack and its effects are negated. During each of your End Phases increase your Life Points by 100 points for every Psychic-type monster in your graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

Brekons.png

3 Level 6 Monsters

At the end a players turn, they must draw or discard cards so their hand has the same number of cards as their opponent; you may detach 1 Xyz Material off this card to activate one of the following effects based on whether cards were drawn or discarded: -Drawn: Target 1 Psychic-Type monster in your graveyard and shuffle it into your deck. -Discarded: Target 1 Psychic-Type monster in your graveyard and attach it to this card as Xyz Material.

[/spoiler]

I don't know if I should rate these as broken or unplayable, Mind Sculptor has an interesting effect that can get a lot of pluses, but is based around luck and it's effects are not all that great, where the first card has a horribly broken effect, as it's easy to get Level 8s, even if it's Psychics, remember people that Queen's Light is a thing! But, then again, there aren't that many targets, and since it negates and makes them unable to attack, it might be a bit more balanced that way, but you can still get some Xyz action going on if you need to, not that I think that Psychics really do Xyz that much, it's mostly Synchro isn't it? Anyway, because card B is totaly unplayable (unless you can tell me otherwise) and is mostly based on luck, and it's effects are kind of meh, I'm gonna go with card A.

I'm going to have to agree with Zazu. Card B causes too many problems and gives too many pluses. It doesn't matter what effect is used, the pluses will come. Also, you could just force your opponent to discard with this card's effect and give limitless Xyz Materials. Card A also has its problems considering it can easily bring out a beatstick and potential a potential Xyz. That just causes its own problems. However, it's the lesser of two evils. With that said, my vote goes to Card A.

I don't think I like either cards very much. I know card A can be abused somehow and Card B has too many effects for almost no downsides (as the users above have said). Card A gets my vote since it is a lesser of 2 evils, as it's so hard to summon.

Archived