Jump to content

Number 104: Masquerade Magician - Shining & Number C104: Masquerade Magician - Umbralis


Recommended Posts

These are quickly starting to gain my attention. Shining stops any monster during the BP, and can be used multipe times, which can take care of things like Honest and Scarecrow, along with monsters battling as well, and got plenty of ATK. Oh, and it got a burn too, because, why the hell not? Even it's Rank-Up seems pretty good, though I don't do much in Rank-Ups, so don't take my word for it. I was lucky in one of my last duels that my opponent didn't bring out this, but instead Coat of Arms, which I could manage to counter. The anime version of Shinging is always way more badass.

300px-Number104MasqueradeMagicianShining

 

3 Level 4 monsters
During the Battle Phase, when your opponent activates a monster effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that effect, and if you do, inflict 800 damage to your opponent. Once per turn: You can send the top card of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.

 

300px-NumberC104MasqueradeMagicianUmbral

 

 

 

4 Level 5 monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it. If this card has "Number 104: Masquerade Magician - Shining" as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.
• Once per turn, when a monster effect is activated on your opponent's side of the field: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, then send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, you can halve your opponent's Life Points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shining looks like a fun way to mess with Lavalval chain.
I don't like Umbralis though. Not because it's bad, but because halving your opponent's Life Points is pretty strong :/

That's the fun of it :P However, it is a problem to get it out, as there's only that 1 target for it, so you will need to get 3 monsters, a Rank-Up Magic, and make sure it doesn't get destroyed by Solemn or something.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

shining is incredible and people who get upset at it for being "another effect negation, zexal pls" or whatever else are dead wrong.

 

umbralis IS really powerful, and really only balanced by the fact that you need to be able to make a 3-mat rank 4 and then have a RUM in hand, which is currently enough. if there were ways to do it more consistently and without losing advantage than the current way (ie hunders or gadgets or anything that can run kagetokage and poop out level 4's) then it would need to be hit probably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shining is amazing in decks that can make it for minimal effort.

Umbralis is horribly overrated. It's not bad, but it's only a glorified Strike Bounzer, so it's unlikely to be used in the push, which is when you are shally making 104, and is only really good if you make 104 to get past a floater that you don't want to waste Shock Master on and/or it's too big for Shock Master. The 3000 MST is amazing, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shining is amazing in decks that can make it for minimal effort.

Umbralis is horribly overrated. It's not bad, but it's only a glorified Strike Bounzer, so it's unlikely to be used in the push, which is when you are shally making 104, and is only really good if you make 104 to get past a floater that you don't want to waste Shock Master on and/or it's too big for Shock Master. The 3000 MST is amazing, though.

On top of that, it's not just Xyz Summon, but any SS, so if you can bring it back somehow, you can get another MST pop. I forgot, is there any card that puts monsters back as Materails so it could also gain it's Second effect again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of the two, Shining looks like the only one I would use competitively, IMO.

 

Not because the second is bad - in no case is a 3000 MST Effect Negator bad, but considering that it requires so much to make, I'd rather just play, let's say, six sams and bring out Shining with ease.

 

Also, I have this ominous feeling that Shining is gonna bring the Thunder monsters at least to Tier 2 ( once they're all out, I think the Seahorse thingy wasn't out or something, but I know Mahunder and Fahunder are out, if that's what they were called ).

 

Edit: Sorry, it was Mahunder and Pahunder, not Fahunder, derp. :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since I love Umbralis, I love these cards.

A semi Gagaga Cowboy that is 2700 is great, and Umbralis is just wtf holy shit so many great effects and a really high ATK stat.

Though it's not easy to bring out, and you would go for Shock Master more often than Shining -> Rank-up - Umbralis

How is this related to Cowboy at all? Oh, you mean the burn? That' just a bonus really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tumblr_mk0mlz7CgV1s87fn7o1_400.jpg

 

Because it is, indeed, best feel when you do it.

 

Out of the two, Shining looks like the only one I would use competitively, IMO.

 

Not because the second is bad - in no case is a 3000 MST Effect Negator bad, but considering that it requires so much to make, I'd rather just play, let's say, six sams and bring out Shining with ease.

 

Also, I have this ominous feeling that Shining is gonna bring the Thunder monsters at least to Tier 2 ( once they're all out, I think the Seahorse thingy wasn't out or something, but I know Mahunder and Fahunder are out, if that's what they were called ).

 

Edit: Sorry, it was Mahunder and Pahunder, not Fahunder, derp. :/

But Hunders ARE low T2 at the moment, and if you kill Dragon Rulers/Prophecy, they go up a good deal.

 

They're not gonna be the best deck, but they're not in any way a bad deck.

 

And this didn't boost them, Kamenleon and King Feral Imp did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...