The Devil Bat's Diary[One Piece RP/IC/Not Accepting]

.:Blu:.

OOC: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/302288-the-devil-bats-diaryone-piece-rpnot-accepting/

ONE PIECE: DEVIL BAT'S DIARY
CHAPTER 1: ROMANCE DAWN - THE DEVIL BATS' ADVENTURE BEGINS

[spoiler=Chapter 1 Synopsis]In the quaint Sea Breeze Village located in the South Blue, the Devil Bat Pirates await at the village's port for possible new recruits - a plan made possible thanks to the crew's navigator. At the same time, three pirates are in town looking for the Devil Bat crew but due to a lack of information on the advertisement posters, the three pirates are forced to scour the entire town. Unbeknownst to them, trouble is lurking just around the corner... The dawn of a new adventure in this world of pirates begins![/spoiler]

Sea Breeze Village - a port town for the merry men and women of the high seas. It's a wonderful town full of wonderful people of all classifications; even more wonderful still is the town's signature alcoholic concoction: Sea Salt Beer - a symphony of extraordinary flavors; it's been described far and wide by many seafarers as the essence of the South Blue contained within a sixteen-ounce mug. Any pirate worth his salt nowadays understands that unless you've docked your vessel at this quaint little village and have tasted the town's wondrous brew, you haven't truly explored the entirety of the South Blue yet. It's a concept that's been alive and well ever since it was made famous by the great Pirate King, Monkey D. Luffy, and his crew, the Straw Hat Pirates. It's been a little over two decades since then but the effects of the Pirate King and his crew's endorsement still lingers. Pirates, Marines, and even the occasional seafaring bandits flock to this small town just to have a taste of Sea Salt Beer - a taste of the ambition that the King of the Pirates had.

Speaking of ambition, there just so happens to be a pirate in town on this lovely, sunny day whose ambition may be comparable to Pirate King Luffy's. His name is Dan Von Devile, captain of the Devil Bat Pirates and wishful, future King of the Pirates. The Devil Bat Pirates are a relatively new pirate crew with only three other members aside from Dan. Although Dan, himself, has procured a bounty of Bsymbol.gif20,000,000, nowadays, that kind of bounty is considered a rather tepid amount. This is one of the effects of the recently discovered ocean, the Devil's Domain, lying beyond the Paradise Ocean and the New World. Devil's Domain has successfully produced a new generation of pirates stronger and even more dangerous than the last who have been able to obtained bounties beyond the World Government's wildest expectations. They also share a collective goal: find One Piece and become King of the Pirates. As mentioned earlier, that is also Dan's goal and he absolutely refuses to lose to those other pirates. Unfortunately, with the small crew that he has now, achieving such a lofty dream is next to impossible.

That is why the Devil Bat Pirates are here in Sea Breeze Village: to recruit new crew members. The Devil Bats' navigator, Jack R. Madson, has come up with, what he believes to be, an ingenious plan. For the past month or so, the Devil Bats have been traveling all over the South Blue distributing "Pirate Crew Wanted" fliers wherever they went in hopes of catching the attention of wandering pirates. So far the advertising has yet to work but the crew is hoping that today may be their lucky day. There is one pressing issue with the plan, however, and that is the ingenious Jack has neglected to include the specific location of where potential new crew members should meet with the Devil Bats. Way to go Jack. Docked at Sea Breeze Village's port is the Devil Bats' ship, the Gloomy Mary. The crew, themselves, is on board waiting for any potential crew member to come along. Dan was in his cabin, writing in his journal. Captain's Log Entry Twenty-Five: It has been roughly three months since the last incident. I'm steadily gaining better control of it but it still seems as though I have a long way to go before I fully-

"Are you writing in your little diary again?" Jack asked in a casual tone as he leaned against the wall next to the cabin's door. There was silence at first as Dan's body began to tremble and a vein appeared on his forehead. "IT'S NOT A DIARY, IT'S A JOURNAL! MEN DON'T CARRY DIARIES!" Dan shouted with comical rage as he stood up and slammed his palms onto his varnished wooden desk. Jack shrunk in size and a nervous sweat drop appeared on his head. "Okay, okay, I got it." Jack said, putting his palms in front of him and smiling nervously in hopes of calming Dan down. Dan adjusted his tie as he sat back down and stared at Jack with a judgmental expression. "So what is it, Jack? Has someone arrived to join our crew?" Dan inquired. "Umm, not quite. You see, here's the thing, I was looking over the fliers I made and it seems I forgot to include that potential recruits should meet us here at the port, hehe..." Jack explained, followed by a nervous chuckle. Hearing that, Dan blinked his eyes with a comical look of disbelief on his face. His expression then changed to the wrathful expression of when Jack called his journal a diary.

"Jack, you idiot!" Dan shouted as he leaped across the room and kicked Jack in the face. Upon impact, Jack's limp body flew out of the doorway and onto the deck of the ship. The kick was so intense that steam was rising from Jack's right cheek where Dan's foot made impact. Down below, a couple of dockworkers saw the entire situation and were in complete awe by what had transpired. "Y-You saw that guy's kick?" one dockworker asked his colleague. "H-He's a monster!" the other dockworker commented. Back on board, Sana, the Devil Bats' cook, and Yura, their doctor, had walked out onto the deck to see what all of the commotion was about. The first thing they saw was Jack's soul attempting to leave his body to go to the afterlife. "Interesting, I had no idea you also ate the Revive-Revive Fruit, Jack." Yura commented despite knowing otherwise. "Well, thanks to this idiot here, we're going to have to wait a lot longer for any potential crew members to show up." Dan claimed. "You forgot to put our specific location onto the advertising fliers didn't you...?" Yura asked. "Yep..." Jack replied weakly while his soul is still trying to leave his body. Yura's only response to hearing that was a sweat drop forming on his head due to Jack's seemingly innate stupidity.

"Arthur" had been fuddling around the town for a little while, he was purposely making himself look clumsy as he fell over a couple of times. The falls usually resulted with minor cuts and bruises as well as the loss of his pirate hat which he proudly "found" not stolen from a dead man, not at all. He looked inside saloons to find this great ship he had been hearing about but no sign appeared from any where. He had already visited the dock but no sign of a great ship was there to be seen.

The rays of the hot sun hit against his cap, the small holes inside on it seemed to let some of the light through which ended up burning his head. He quickly threw the cap on the floor and trampled on it, he caused quite the scene in the center of town and apparently so much of a scene that everyone stopped in the tracks and stared at him for at least 20 minutes. That's right Arthur stood in the same place for 20 minutes. No idea why, apparently he thought it would help find the ship quicker. Obviously not.

After the long dramatic pause he made his way back round the general store in town, he wondered if the shop keep knew anything of the matter. Evidently not as this man was almost dying of old age and ready to wave a cane in his direction. So he quickly made his leave before opening a bottle of whiskey he had on him and taking a massive chunk of the bottle down. 

He then ended up giving a loud sigh in the middle of the street, it was unlike the mastermind himself to get lost finding a crappy pirate ship, let alone to nearly be beaten up by an old man.

Scratching his head up in the trees as he glanced at the sight before him, we now find Mano Toshiyuki watched patiently as he saw couple of fat men with what seemed to him as a cart, tugged by horse, which was filled with beautiful bounties of fresh fruits, veggies, the lot. He smiled at the sight, tongue cutely hanging out the bottom of his lip, before his face swiftly switched to face the farmers as he began to overhear what they said. One of them began to talk about how the crops were so great this year, and that they'd certainly make a good fortune on it. The other began to chuckle, potentially happy with this news, as he returned with a joke talking about buying some Sea Salt Beer from the many bars and pubs at Sea Breeze Village. This made Mano smile, because they had talked about having plenty of the food. Followingly, he felt his stomach growl, which brought a pout to the boy's face. As such he lept from the trees, branch to branch, as he kept to pace with the farmers.

Soon, the farmers met an incline from the higher plains and farmland, which took them into the village. One of them cussed because of how bumpy it was. This was an opportunity to Mano, and as such, he leaped up and into the back of cart, his light weight indeed making the farmers look back in caution for their crops, but by that point the Monkey King was already buried in the fruit. The last things Mano heard from the pair was that the road needed fixing, before they began to banter on about whatever came to mind.

What came to Mano's mind, now, was dinner time. So, gently taking his hand, he forced an apple into his mouth as he proceeded to indulge in the sweet, moist taste of the fruit. To a comedic effect, he somewhat buzz-sawed the apples by the pace of his eating, devouring it whole and spitting out the two seeds that came buried along with it. A soft sigh of happiness, Mano then proceeded to take the next crop that hit his lips, a carrot; this one he squirrelled as the orange vegetable spiralled and thinned as he enjoyed the treat. Another moist meal, but this one sturdy, showing how healthy it was. As such, it really had hit the spot when he finished off the thing. What was next? A lettuce. Then, another apple, and another; and the process went on.

After a while, he suddenly felt the cart moving; at the market place, the farmers had tipped out the crops so as to organise them into baskets, and in the process, managed to usurp Mano from his comfortable bedding. Chin against the floor with his tuckuss reared upwards, he rolled over and looked to the two farmers, smiling softly. The farmers didn't return the sentiment. "Hey, you ate our food, didn't you?" "Little brat, c'mere and let me teach you a lesson!"

Farmers now armed with pitchforks met a chuckling Mano who sat up and looked to them, before jogging off and screeching with laughter, which lead to the pursuit. Running through the lively streets of Sea Breeze Village, he looked around and watched as he had to avoid pedestrians, whom were more or less bulldozed by the girth of the fat men running after the boy. However, he knew that this would be boring, and so at the first barrel, Mano lept up and upon it, before a swift, perfectly processed back flip, landing upon but one of the farmer's shoulders. Then, springing off of said shoulders, Mano bolted upwards upon a window sill, as he began to scale the two storey building, swinging as he evaded the poking farmers. Once upon the shingles of the roof he smirked and spat his tongue out at them, before running off, shrieking like a chimp, leaping from building to building 'til he covered enough distance from them.

Eventually finding a 'soft' roof, if they can be called soft, he stopped and rubbed his stomach. Albeit, the food was nice, but with all the running and jumping, Mano pouted as he found himself hungry still. But, he decided to recover his breath, and so by seating himself he looked over the village that he could see and, smiling, took a break.

The town was as busy as always, whether it be due to the playful chimp being chased through the streets or the rather eccentric scene being caused by the stumbling man, almost being attacked by an old man. Either way it was a rather peaceful day for the town, even with the high amount of pirates that seemed to have docked for the simple taste of the town's famous Sea Salt Beer. It's rather unfortunate the same couldn't be said for the current occupants of the Gloomy Mary. The rather peaceful air on the ship was all but ruined when the following words echoed through the hull. "IT'S NOT A DIARY, IT'S A JOURNAL! MEN DON'T CARRY DIARIES!

From the kitchen a sighed passed from the female's occupant's lips, as she looked up at the ceiling. "Jack, won't you ever learn?" Sana Kensoli, the cook for the Devil Bat Pirates, shook her head as she continued to finish up the food for their lunch for their lunch. She looked out the window smiling when the sun's rays filtered through. It was a gorgeous day, so gorgeous that Sana had decided that today they would have their lunch outside. Who wanted to eat indoors on a day like this? She'll ask Yura if he could help set the table out on the deck. Her thoughts were ruined by the rather loud sound of a body hitting the deck. "I knew that sound anywhere." Leaving her last minute preparations for the moment she walked out, meeting Yura half way who must have also been curious as to what Jack did, and saw said suspect laying on the deck with a familiar foot print on his face and his soul attempting to leave his body.

"Interesting, I had no idea you also ate the Revive-Revive fruit, Jack." Sana covered her mouth, hiding her amusement at both the situation and Yura's joke.

"Well, thanks to this idiot here, we're going to have to wait a lot longer for any potential crew members to show up." What did Dan mean by that? After Yura's speculation, and Jack's confirmation Sana could only shake her head. 

"Really, Jack? You know I though this was a pretty strange idea from the get go, but for you to actually forget something so important surpasses even your normal stupidity and is borderline imbecilic." She crossed her arms, "Well, we should probably send someone in town to get the word out somehow, and since this was your mess up I think you should do it." With another sigh she finished, "But even I wouldn't send you out there on an empty stomach. I'm almost finished with lunch. Yura, do you mind helping me set up that fold up round table on the deck. It's a nice day so I thought we should eat outside." 

The sky was blue, the sun was shining, and the streets of Sea Breeze Village were already in a calming buzz of villagers and guests alike, but our friend Anchor Boone was just arriving. Docking at port in his tiny, one-man sail-boat like a man lost at sea. Stepping out of the tiny boat and onto the dock, Boone tired her off and looked around for the nearest sign of what he was looking for: food. His stomach released a loud gargle that was only natural since the man had been at sea for several days, but has been out of food for four. Truth be told, he had set sail with no particular destination in mind, simply looking for a ship that he could hop aboard. Now that he's found himself in this village, he takes to the streets. He saw many vendors selling foods from fish to fruits, but what he was after was to be fried, good ole' fried food. He walked into the nearest place that seemed to supply its customers with fresh food and drink and sat at the bar.

"What can I get 'ya, sir?" the rather large, brunette woman behind the counter asked.

"I'll just take whatever 'ya got that's cheap and fried." he requested, "And a glass of rhum."

The woman wrote down is orders and walked to the back, through the small, saloon-like door to the kitchen. A red-faced, middle-aged man wearing rather ordinary clothes sat down next to him with a bottle in-hand and said, "Rhum? I thought you'd be the kind of guy to order some Seas Salt beer, like me!" he said, holding up the bottle. Boone asked what Sea Salt Beer was, as if he didn't actually know, and the man replied, "You don't know what Seas Salt Beer is?! Only the best d*mn drink in this village! Let me tell you something-" he leaned in, the stench of alcohol on his breath, "the King of the Pirates himself drank this here beer, and you know what?" the man jumped out of his seat, "I've had six of 'em!" he exclaimed as he walked backwards out of the establishment, with his hands in the air like a fool. Boone smirked, and the woman arrived with his order, some kind of fried meat and rhum. He paid the woman, and began to eat as the woman thanked him and walked away.

After his spirit had reentered his body, Jack sat there listening to Sana as she scolded him. It's ironic that despite Jack's age, he was being talked to like a child by someone significantly younger than himself. Jack got back up onto his feet. "Alright, I guess I'll go into town and fix this whole mess." Jack agreed with Sana's idea rather easily. Usually Jack would complain about having to do work but this time Jack seemed eager; it was quite suspicious indeed. With his arms still crossed, Dan raised an eyebrow after hearing what Jack had agreed to. "Are you planning something behind our backs, Jack?" Dan questioned. "Ehh? What are you talking about?" Jack replied; his voice sounded a bit nervous. "You usually complain when given a task to complete but this time you actually seem eager to do it. What's your angle here?" Dan pressed Jack. "A-Angle? There's no angle here. I just think the quicker we get this mess sorted out, the quicker we can get back to traveling hehe..." Jack chuckled nervously.

"Don't worry Dan, I'll look after Jack." Yura volunteered. "Alright, keep a close eye on him." Dan said as he stared at Jack with narrowed eyes. "Well, like Sana said, we can't work on an empty stomach, right? Let's eat!" Jack said excitedly. A cool smile formed on Dan's face as he nodded his head once in agreement. "Ahh yes. One of the best times of the day." Dan claimed. Earlier, Sana had suggested that Yura help with setting the table to which he responded with a simple nod. After Yura had set the table and Sana had brought the food out, Dan and Jack quickly dug into the food like hungry animals. "Man, Sana's food is the best!" Jack proclaimed with a full mouth. "This is food worthy of the next King of the Pirates!" Dan commented next with his mouth full as well. Both Dan and Jack's cheeks were swollen with food; they looked like hamsters with their stuffed cheeks. As Dan, Jack, and Sana ate, Yura stood nearby with his arms crossed; he was leaning against one of the ship's mast with his eyes closed - he looked as if he was in a meditative state.

Back at the lunch table, a single piece of meat was left on a plate and, in an instant, two forks were stabbed into the piece. The forks came from Dan and Jack and neither of them were willing to let the other one have the last piece of succulent meat. "Let go." Dan commanded. "Hell no. You let go." Jack replied. "This is an order from your captain to let go of the meat." Dan retorted as a vein popped up on his head. "Screw that! My fork was here first!" Jack exclaimed. "Arrgh!" Both of them gritted their teeth and snarled at each other like two hungry tigers preparing to battle over a carcass. Sure enough, the two of them began to battle each other with their forks; pushing against one another's fork in order to get it off of the piece of meat. Suddenly, their forks slipped past each other and the meat went flying into the air. "The last piece of meat!" Dan and Jack shouted in unison. As the piece came flying down, Dan was able to thrust his fork into the descending piece and swiftly placed it into his mouth. "Gah-" Jack grunted in disbelief.

As Dan victoriously chewed the meat, Jack burrowed his head into his arms, sulking in defeat. "Damn it, guess I'll have to settle for this banana..." Jack sighed disappointingly as he peeled the banana's skin. Jack then opened his mouth, prepared to take a bite of the fruit.

Arthur reluctantly sat down next to this poster try to see if he had missed something out, it read something along the lines of "LOOKING FOR OTHER PIRATES. FIND OUR SHIP" It apparently didn't have a location, but then he thought that really a pirate ship really wouldn't have a location set on it seeing as the thing moves all the time. Arthur let out a loud cry of annoyance and then turned his head to towards the sky, he took another drink from his whiskey almost completely draining it of it's drink.

He then whispered to himself something of no importance, although it would seem that whatever he did say caused him to smile quite weirdly. His idea of sitting beside the poster didn't seem to bad, because if someone where to come and also be looking for the pirate ship then he could go with them and presumably find it a lot easier. The dual-ended sword that he had with him was digging the ground. This angered him so he pulled it out and threw it to the floor. Yet again he gave a loud sigh and looked into the street in case anyone pirate like came near.

The scent of genuinely swell smelling, home-cooked food wafted through the air, and this chappy's nose picked it up like a bloodhound to a slaughterhouse. Sitting up like an automaton, Mano looked over towards the port, the direction of the food, and feeling his belly grumble he nodded as if speaking to the organ. Hunger driven, he licked his lips and looked towards his path. Fortunately, there would be no need to scale buildings, as it was more or less a downwards path from the rooftop he stood upon. However, he'd have to manage to get down; and, not only that, but he'd have to find his way to the food on foot, without being detected. With a firm, proud pout, he began to beat his chest before letting out a shriek, a war cry almost, as Mano began to run.

The shriek of pride so as to build momentum, it paid off as he leaped from roof to roof, shingles to shambles, leaving a few traces in that being his shadow above those when he leapt over a gap, as well as the occasional tile breaking off and falling down to the streets below. Mano grinned as he managed to maintain his bolt-like pace, sprinting over the buildings with a furious pace, which would surely build up an appetite; and by golly it did, what with the boy's stomach like a chainsaw now and again. In fact, his stomach was in such hunger, he clenched it mid-leap and ended up falling down to the streets below, crashing onto a stall's baskets to somewhat cushion the fall.

After running away from the scene before he could be caught, he spotted a group of boys and a girl. Watching from behind a wild barrel, he peeked over with distraught in his eyes as he watched them both selfishly devour food, that could be put to such better use, like in his stomach! Steam whistled from his nostrils like a steam engine's whistle as he watched them fight and fling such succulent, such beautiful, mouth-watering meat into the air, before one of the two devoured it. It was enough to make a grown man cry, but alas, Mano could endure.

Of course, this was before Jack peeled back a banana's skin. With the iris of his eyes almost turning into bananas, Mano leapt up and out from the barrel and, rushing towards Jack, shrieked out before swiping the banana out of his grasp; and, with an almost pitch-perfect leap over the table, landed gracefully and indulged in the sweetness of the yellow divinity that he had been blessed with. This, followed by a loud, satisfied burp, lead Mano to spin around upon his heels and fall back onto the Deck, in a state of such bliss, he couldn't even be bothered to run away from the guys he had stolen food from. The banana just tasted so darn good, and one could tell what with his enormous, wide smile on his possibly napping face.

As soon as the food was placed on the table, Sana knew she would have to be quick. If she wasn't she might not even get a bit of what she cooked. Of course due to Yura's special circumstances she always made sure to put some food aside for him, but Sana was starting to thing she should do the same for herself. It took some quick fingers - which were almost casualties in Jack and Dan's gusto - but she managed to secure herself a decently portioned plate of food. With a relieved sigh she too began to eat, guarding her plate just in case either one of their hands wondered in her direction. After finishing her meal, she took to watching the fierce battle over the last piece of meet. "Um guys...I'm pretty sure I could probably find a bit more in the kitchen." Of course she went unheard and the piece of meet went flying into the air with both men jumping for it. Fortunately for Dan, though not for Jack, Dan's fork skewered it first and he quickly put it in his mouth for consumption.

Though it was quite childish to fight over food, Sana couldn't help but grin. The way they ate her food was nothing but the highest compliment. It meant that they truly enjoyed it, and that was all the fulfillment that she needed as a cook. She looked at Jack, shaking her head as he sulked but settled for a banana. Though it seemed as though his bad luck would continue to run out as the banana was suddenly swiped from his hands. "U-um...What?" Sana mumbled surprised. "Who are you?" Again she was ignored as the brown haired boy, quickly consumed the banana. After a satisfied burp and a spin on his heels he fell onto his back in what appeared to be a peaceful slumber. 

Sana squated down by the boy, staring at him in curiosity. "So uh, any of you happen to know him?"

-Meanwhile-

Back on the streets of Sea Breeze, more specifically the street that Arthur perched himself at beside a poster in hopes to finding someone related to the Devil Bat Pirates, trouble was just about to start. The bar that Anchor happened to be visiting at the moment was also in the area, marking the set for where both players would make their move. Walking up the street were two decidedly rough looking individuals. Adding to this, both had swords resting on their hips. Though they looked dangerous, there didn't seem to be anything remotely special about them. They looked like the typical grunt workers of a larger organization. On both of their arms was the tattoo of a blue skull with blood dripping down it's mouth, onto a scimitar that curved under the skull. Actually this same symbol could be seen in many posters around the town. The vendors looked at them frighteningly, and people made way for the two. Those few people who didn't move fast enough were roughly shoved out of the way. The two came to a stop at a fruit stand that was currently manned by a beautiful young woman with short brown hair and almond shaped eyes. 

"What do you two want? Didn't we already pay you guys yesterday?" The girl spat at the two with distaste.

"Exactly. We've come to collect today's payment." The shorter of the two cackled, leaning over the fruit stand. The girl reared back in revulsion. "We gave you all we had yesterday, and even if we had anything to give you we wouldn't."

The second, larger man scowled and unsheathed his sword. Seeing this the other people gasped and looked away hoping to not get caught up in the situation. The man fitted his sword under the girls chin. She tensed, and eyed the sword. Anyone could tell she was scared but she also didn't back down. The man smirked, "Hehehe, not so tough now are you? Now, when the Buff Buff Gang asks for something you better hand it over. Otherwise you may just find your pretty little head chopped off." For effect he traced the tip of his sword across her neck.

"L-like I said. We d-don't h-have any m-money." The fear was getting to her as noted by her shaking voice.

"Well maybe you can pay us in a different way." The shorter one curved his mouth up in a crooked smile that sent a chill down the girl's smile. He walked around the stand and pulled her out by her arm ignoring her screaming. "Come on, why not have a bit of fun? If you do maybe we'll leave you alone for a while." 

"Ugh! No! Let go of me!" She screamed as the guy tossed her over her shoulder. "Someone please!"

"Don't you two have better things to do than to harass fruit stand ladies?" Boone said, prompting the two men to turn to see him standing several feet away, in the middle of the street. "Heh, you'd better stay out of our business, if you know what good for you." the taller of the two men smirked as he walked over and grabbed Boone's face by the chin, forcing a pucker-like expression. The man looked down as Boone put his hand on his rifle, "Oh-ho, what's this? You've got a pretty big gun there. I hoped it's just for show." the man said, pretending to be afraid. "It's not--" replied Boone, "but why don't you take a closer look?" The man looked a little confused at Boone's offer. Just then, Boone put his hand on the back of the mean's head and brought the man down at the same time as raising the end of his rifle with the other hand, slamming the two together and knocking the tall man out.

"Y-you'll pay for this!" the shorter man yelled, as the taller man laid at Boone's feet with a missing tooth and swirls in his eyes. Boone took a step towards the man, but he began to hold the girl in front of him with a sword to her neck. "Don't move another step!!" the shorter man demanded. There wasn't much for Boone to do now but put his hands up and admit defeat, so he did. He thought he might be able to get to the man first, but he didn't want to take the chance. "Alright, what now?" Boone asked himself under his breathe.

The banana edged ever closer to Jack's mouth. Although there is no comparison to the piece of meat that Dan had won from him in their little battle, Jack quite enjoys the occasional banana; it's actually one of his more preferred fruits. Unfortunately for Jack, today just doesn't seem to be his day when it comes to food. Before Jack could have a bite of the banana's sweet flesh, an unwelcome guest abruptly infiltrated the Gloomy Mary and relieved Jack of his last piece of food. The intruder then made quick work of the banana, indulging in the sweet ecstasy of the yellow fruit's white "meat". After expelling from his mouth a loud and satisfied belch, the intruder - who appears to be a peculiarly-behaved teenager - fell onto his back and entered into such a blissful state that rendered him immobile and ignorant of his current situation; no, the boy merely focused on the satisfaction he had received from devouring the yellow fruit, much to Jack's dismay that is.

Needless to say, the entire Devil Bat crew was dumbfounded and greatly confused by the event that had just transpired involving this unusual boy. Sana squatted down next to the boy and gazed at him with curiosity before asking her crew members if anyone of them knew the boy. "Yeah I know him..." Jack claimed with his head down and his face hidden by darkness; the tone of his voice sounded ominous. "You do?" Dan inquired with the raise of an eyebrow out of calm curiosity. "He's the brat that just stole my food!" Jack suddenly followed with a fierce uproar as he attempted to charge at the relaxed boy. Fortunately, Yura was there to restrain Jack by holding him back by his shoulders. "Let me go! I'm gonna strangle that kid! No one steals from Jack R. Madson and gets away unscathed!" Jack angrily voiced; he had a comical vein evident on his forehead. "Calm down, Jack. It was just a banana. I'll grab you another one from the kitchen." Yura attempted to talk some sense into Jack in his monotone voice.

Dan walked over to the boy who was still unaware as to what was happening around him. Placing his hands into his pant pockets, Dan looked down at the boy and cleared his own throat. "Excuse me but just who are you?" Dan asked calmly as to not escalate the situation any further.

Despite the wonderful sleep he was in, the Monkey King did manage to hear the shouting shared between Jack and Yura, which resulted in him waking up from his sleep, rubbing his eyes with his wrist, sitting up and looking at the glancing Sena, blinking twice softly before giving her a bright, wide smile, as well as a couple of chimpy chatters. Another seemingly friendly face was Dan, since he was among the few people who didn't shout at him when he opened his eyes from a slumber. Giving him the same, cheeky, happy smile, before processing the words he said. After a bright smile, he put up his hands signing "Hold on" before rummaging through his pocket.

Following this he managed to take out an, albeit scrunched up, wanted poster with his name on it. Big Bold Letters, his full name and a picture of the chap, with a big bag of vegetables on his back, seemingly attempting to make an escape. It also conveyed, in big and bold letters, his bounty. Not only this, but Mano then rummaged his pockets and showed them a newspaper from Karate island which also had an article about him, entailing his participation in a local tournament and his impressive attributes.

Ironically, one surely would ask about the interrogators' intent, but Mano was an innocent and, well, stupidly trusting person. He also believed that, well, these were good people in heart. He had a simple intuition about it.

As such, he smiled and offered his hands to both Dan and Sena to shake; afterwards, he decided to sit back down and, for the moment, rock back and forth on his buttocks. There was not much else to do for the moment, other than look at the remaining people on the deck. So, his eyes met Jack's, whom seemed peculiarly angry at him. Mano smiled, and offered him a hand shake too, thinking it might cheer him up. However, of course, should Jack engage in this invitation to treat, he'd end up watching Mano's hand swiftly return to his side, following by the cheeky chap blowing a raspberry at him; Mano was hoping Yura'd keep him restrained.

Arthur looked at the antics and noticed that one of them was having trouble with quite a short man, he scratched his head lightly before climbing his way on top of the roof of a building. He scouted out the situation before making a massive leap and whilst in the air he kicked the blade out of the captor's hand a span round and kicked him square in the face. The shorter man fell 10 paces backwards and dust enthralled his body and the remnants of how he had moved were left in the sand.

He turned towards his new found ally and gave a suggestive smile "I should have stepped in much earlier but hey, looked like you had it handled from over there." Arthur slowly pointed towards the posted he had been sitting by. "I'm Arthur by the way. Some people have decided to call me Arty but whatever suits you best!" He then held his hand out prompting him to shake it.

It was only natural that Jack would be pretty angry with the newcomer stealing his banana. He had only just been defeated by Dan earlier, but Sana couldn't help but agree with Yura; There were plenty more in the kitchen. It was a good thing Yura held Jack back, otherwise the poor boy might have been in trouble. Speaking of the boy, he appeared to be waking up; from all of the noise Jack was making it was no surprise. His eyes laid on her first, giving her a bright happy smile which eased Sana's tense muscles. She wasn't sure whether he would be a threat or not, but he seemed harmless enough. Though there was something odd about him. When he opened his mouth, instead of words there were only chimpy sounds; Like that of a monkey. "Uh...I don't understand..."

Turning to Dan next, he seemed to marinate on his words before holding up his hand signaling them to "Hold on". After rummaging on his person for a bit, he pulled out a Wanted poster. Interestingly enough it was on himself. "Hmm...Mano Toshiyuki...Known as 'Monkey King'." That sounded familiar. "He has a bounty of 1,000,000 Beri and is a known...Food thief." Sana laughed, "Yeah I think we can understand why." Mano rummaged again, and this time pulled out an article from Karate Island telling of his many accomplishments on the island. "So you can fight too." After they looked at the two items, Mano put them away and offered both Sana and Dan handshakes. Not seeing any harm in it, and finding Mano adorable Sana shook his hand. After some consideration he offered the same gesture to Yura and Jack. After that altercation, Sana hit the side of her fist in the palm of her hand.

"That's right, Monkey King!" She shouted in realization. "I remember there were a few stories about some crazy monkey kid going completely crazy at times and almost couldn't be stopped." She looked at Mano. He didn't look like the kind of go off his rocker, but Sana just met him so who knows. "So if you're a pirate, are you by chance here because you saw our flyer?" She was a bit hopeful. If he was then that meant that this wasn't a complete waste of time after all. Though maybe she was being a bit too hopeful. As mean as it sounded, he didn't seem too bright. He was probably lured here by the smell of the food from earlier, and tried to find an opening to swipe their meal. 

-Meanwhile-

"You bastards!" "You're gonna regret this! No one goes against the Buff Buff Crew and gets away with it!" The two yelled before running off, after having been defeated by the two men. The woman they saved stood up, and turned to her saviors. "Th-thank you very much for you help." She bowed low, "I don't want to imagine what would have happened if you two kind men hadn't come to my rescue." 

"Shige, are you alright!?" A man ran through the street, passing Anchor and Author to get to the woman they just saved. He was wearing a bartender's outfit, which was neatly pressed and impeccably clean. He had short brown hair slicked to the right side of his head, but there was a single piece on the top of his head that seemed to stick up. "Someone told me what was going on and I rushed down here to help."

"I'm fine Richard." Shige smiled, blushing a bit. "These two men saved me." Richard turned to the two, "Thank you for saving Shige. Will you be alright here?" Richard asked Shige after addressing Anchor and Author.

"Yes, I'll be fine. I doubt they will return so soon. You should get back to work." He nodded, turning back to Anchor and Author. "Please allow me to repay you both. I own a bar not far from here. Let me treat you to our famous Sea Salt Beer, and a meal. It's the least I could do." He led the two down the street, and into the bar letting them take a seat at the bar. Richard relieved the young man from his station before looking at the two. "So what is it can I get for you, my treat? I'm Richard by the way. The woman you saved earlier was my wife, Shige. Who are you two if you don't mind me asking." After that answer, Richard shook his head in a bit of disbelief. "I still can't believe that you two stood up too the Buff Buff Crew for a stranger. Not many people do that now a days, let alone complete strangers such as yourselves. So what are you guys in town for? We get a lot of pirates that pass by, but none of them cause any trouble except for the Buff Buff Crew."

"Yeah, thanks for that." Boone replied to this Arthur guy, while firmly shaking his hand. Just then is when the man came through to check on the woman they had just helped out. He stood by as the man checked on her and listened as he spoke, but was going to turn down the man's offer for a meal since he had previously been in another establishment before the ruckus but was quickly led to the man's bar before he could get a word in. "So what is it can I get for you, my treat? I'm Richard by the way. The woman you saved earlier was my wife, Shige. Who are you two if you don't mind me asking." the man asked. "I'll be fine with just a Sea Salt Beer, it's nice to meet you, and I'm Boone. I can;t speak for this man, all I know about him is his name." After that answer, Richard shook his head in a bit of disbelief. "I still can't believe that you two stood up too the Buff Buff Crew for a stranger. Not many people do that now a days, let alone complete strangers such as yourselves. So what are you guys in town for? We get a lot of pirates that pass by, but none of them cause any trouble except for the Buff Buff Crew." Richard asked. "I'm not a pirate, I just stopped in for a break from the sea." Boone replied.

Dan's question as to the identity of the unusual boy was met with a positive response as the boy initially responded with a bright, friendly smile. The boy then placed his hands up - his palms facing Dan - as a way of communicating to Dan to wait on him; the boy proceeded to search his pockets. Dan raised an eyebrow as he watched the boy, intrigued by his mannerisms. The boy finally found what he was looking for as he took the item out from his pocket and showed it to Dan and the others: it was a wanted poster that displayed in large, bold print the boy's name, title, and bounty. "A wanted poster?" Dan asked; his voice hinted at his interest. Sana then proceeded to read the contents of the wanted poster aloud. The boy's name turned out to be Mano Toshiyuki: a food thief with a Bsymbol.gif1,000,000 bounty - a decent sum. "That explains why he stole Jack's banana." Dan said with a calm tone. "Arrg, you damn brat! Go steal someone else's food!" Jack shouted with comical anger while Yura continued to restrain him. Next, Mano showed the crew a newspaper from Karate Island that has an article on Mano explaining that the curious lad had participated in a tournament and that Mano's combat capabilities are quite impressive.

"Impressive indeed." Dan commented after reading the article. "Hey, don't compliment him!" Jack exasperatingly interjected. The friendly Mano offered both Dan and Sana handshakes; his face was that of an innocent, trusting child which Sana found to be quite adorable thus she accepted his handshake. Dan gave a cool smile as he removed one of his hand from his pockets and took hold of Mano's hand, shaking it and responding with, "My name is Dan Von Devile. A pleasure to meet you, Mano." Afterwards, Dan placed his hand back into its respective pocket and watched as Mano cheerfully made his way over to Jack and Yura to offer a handshake to Jack as a peace offering to what had occurred earlier. For a brief moment, Jack was hesitant as he was still infuriated with Mano over the stolen banana but then Jack let out a sigh to show his anger had subsided. Seeing that, Yura released Jack from his hold. "Jack." the Devil Bats' navigator simply introduced before attempting to shake Mano's hand. Unfortunately for Jack, Mano was merely feinting a truce and swiftly retracted his hand before blowing a raspberry at Jack.

"You little twerp! I'm gonna obliterate you!" Jack shouted with comical anger; once again, Yura restrained Jack to prevent him from going after Mano. Suddenly, Sana hit the bottom side of her fist onto her palm as she realized the extent of the reputation of the "Monkey King". Sana followed up on the matter as she mentioned having remembered several stories that had to do with a monkey-like kid going on a crazed rampage. Hearing that, Dan looked to Mano. "Really? He looks rather tamed to me." Dan stated. "He better not have rabies or something." Jack commented with a comical sweat drop on his head. "Interesting. I have heard several stories that mention the same thing. So this young boy is the notorious 'Monkey King'." Yura said. Then, Sana asked Mano if he had seen the recruitment fliers that the Devil Bats have been spreading around. "Are we seriously considering this brat for the crew???" Jack hastily asked; it was clear where Jack stood on the matter. "Why not? If the article Mano showed us is indeed trustworthy and if his reputation is sound, that means Mano will make quite the valuable crew member." Dan explained before turning his attention to Mano.

"So how about it, Mano? Would the Monkey King like to join the crew of the future King of the Pirates?" Dan asked with a cool smile.

Mano's head swivelled upon his neck as he glanced over to Sana as she had came to her realization. He looked to her blankly with innocence as he heard her go on and explain, or more appropriately translate what this all meant to the boys. While Yura kept Jack restrained, he then met Sana's gaze as she asked him about a flyer. A flyer about pirates, it seemed. In truth Mano had thought of these people as travelling chefs, never once associating them with piracy. They looked very new to this whole kind of thing and didn't quite have a prominent vibe - then again, Mano is pretty much an idiot.

In response to Sana's hopeful inquisition Mano began to rummage through his belongings, throwing out some garbage in the process, not to say the least a rouge banana peel that gently flew it's way for Jack's head. This was completely unintentional though, Mano had no co-ordination and to be able to land such a throw was a miracle for the chimp-kid. He continued to search, chattering frustrated as he couldn't find anything. He didn't want to upset the pretty lady, she was so nice, and so pretty, and her hair smelt nice. She could cook too, and that made him smile. Alas, he couldn't find anything that matched what she was asking for, and pouting he looked back to her and shook his head, saying "No" very chimp-like.

He went on to explain what he meant, but again, all that came out was monkey chatter. Assuming this met faces of confusion, he took out his white-board and marker and began to doodle. Ultimately, after a minute or so, he drew a stick figure with an arrow labelled "Me" in, peculiarly a most beautiful calligraphy when taking into account it was marker pen, with a diagram of the crudely draw ship and food, among them a shimmer banana. Beneath this diagram was a picture of a grumbling stomach. Presenting this to them he assumed they'd understand.

Dan then made his proposal. The way he said "King" made Mano think he was offering him respect, and it pet his pride somewhat. He nodded his head, before rubbing clean his white-board. Knowingly he began to draw a big Jolly-Roger, followed by an equals sign, and then a big banana. Presenting this to Dan he smiled and jumped about. He was simply hoping to be able to know where the next meal was coming from, and chattering friendly to Dan with sparkling, uguu~ eyes of admiration. Following this he began to dance about and shouted out "Happy!" while out of nowhere a little ditty began to play, triggered by the laws of anime.

As it turned out Sana wasn't the only one who had heard of Mano's reputation, as Yura confirmed her words while still skillfully restraining Jack. After her inquisition on if Mano came across on of their flyers, Jack's response was not a happy one. It was understandable considering he didn't exactly have the best introduction with Mano. Not only that, but it just did't seem like his day today. First the flyer screw up, then Dan won the fight over the last piece of meat and Mano stealing his banana was the cherry on top. Actually now that she was thinking about it she was beginning to feel sorry for Jack. Well that was before Mano snatched her attention by once again searching his person, for what she assumed was the flyer she just asked about. Unfortunately, all he found was some trash which was tossed about. Adding salt to the earlier wound, Mano accidentally threw the empty banana peel onto Jack's head. Sana giggled at her friend's misfortune. She had a feeling that if Mano really did join their group it was going to get much livelier around here. When Mano couldn't find anything he answered with a dejected "No." and looked genuinely disappointed. He spoke again but all that exited his mouth were chimp-like chatters. It was quickly becoming apparent that his monkey like behaviors weren't just for show. He really seemed to embrace the chimp like behavior, even the simplicity of his actions and expressions were surprisingly transparent. 

Taking a different approach to explaining himself, he began drawing on a white board - where he got it Sana hadn't a clue - but she watched intrigued as Mano completed his drawing. After showing it to them Sana sighed, "I thought so. The only reason he came this way was because he happened to smell the food."  It was after that, that Dan offered him the proposition to join the group. Jack disagreed. Mano took the opportunity to again draw, this time making a Jally Rodger, an equals sign and finally a giant banana. "It seems our friend has a one track mind." After presenting the picture to Dan, their new friend proceeded to dance. She laughed, his happy nature rubbing off on her. That wasn't a difficult task, as she was a naturally happy person to begin with.

"Does anyone else hear music?" Sana looked around wondering where the source was coming from. Not getting an answer she over looked it. "Well it seems like this day wasn't a complete waste. We managed to get a crew member even if it wasn't the was we all had hoped. By the way, I never told you my name. It's Sana Kensoli, and I'm the cook." She pointed to Dan, "That guy's the Captain of our crew. Jack, when he isn't slacking off, is our Navigator. The tall guy is Yura and he's our Doctor." Considering Dan was the Captain, Sana let him finish by officially welcoming Mano to the crew. They would have to find a position for him later, but as of right now Sana had other things in mind.

"Well now that all of that is in order, I say we should all go and taste this town's famous Sea Salt Beer." She ruffled Jack's hair, "Would that make you feel all better?" She teased, speaking as though to a child. Once that altercation was done with she addressed Mano, "And if you're still hungry, you can grab something to eat as well."

Once it was all agreed upon, the group made their way into the bustling town of See Breeze. Though there was a fairly happy tone, and peaceful air about everyone. Everyone could feel the underlining tension. Like that of impending danger that you know is coming but just not when. Sana happened to turn her head and noticed a bunch of flyers on a wall. It was there she was expecting to see their flyer sitting there, but it was impossible to see due to another flyer that was taking up almost the entire wall. All of them mentioned the same thing; complete submission to the Buff Buff Crew. "That's probably why." She mumbled.

-meanwhile-

"I'm not a pirate, I just stopped in for a break from the sea." Richard handed Boone his Sea Salt beer, as well as Author's order whatever it may have been. "Ah, I see. Must be quite the life, just drifting here and there. Sounds peaceful." He laughed. The bar door opened, and two men walked in. They both to a seat at the bar, two down from here Boone was sitting.

"Man, I don't think I'll be staying here much longer. I can't stand those pirate wanna-be." One grumbled, calling Richard over. He excused himself and took their orders.

"I agree. I came here because I heard that there weren't any troubles here." The second man said just as disgruntled as his companion. "But with those guys coming around everyday demanding a fee I hardly manage a profit."

"At least you can complain about profits. All of my cargo was eaten by some kid." He dropped his head, tears falling from his eyes in anime fashion, "All of it! Gone! Just like that!" His companion laughed and patted his friend's back.

Richard returned to Boone and Author, "As you can see my wife isn't the only one subjected to the Buff Buff Crew's methods."

"Crew? They're more like hoodlums. Or maybe a gang would be a better term." One of the men laughed, "I've seen pirates, and those guys don't even come close." He turned to face the others, "I've seen some of the meanest and roughest pirates come through this town and not one of them ever thought to take over this town. Not because they couldn't but even they respected the unspoken truce of peace on the island." He sighed taking a swig of his drink. "Don't mean to butt into your conversation like that. The name is Carl. My still weeping friend here is Mason."

"How could he eat so much? It was like a black hole, sucking up everything in sight." Mason groaned not even paying attention.

"Eh, don't mind him. So are you the two the town's been raving about?" Carl asked. "The guys who beat up two of those gang members."

Richard laughed, "So it's traveled already? Not surprising." He looked at the two, "Though now I am a bit worried. They're pretty dangerous, and if they decide to come take revenge then you to might be in trouble."

"I heard they cut off some guy's right arm because he wouldn't pay up." Carl mused.

"No it was his left hand." Mason corrected.

"I'm pretty sure it was his right."

"I saw the guy just yesterday. It was his left."

"Right!"

"Left!"

Richard sighed, but decided to ignore the two. It was often they seemed to do this often.

"I'm not a pirate, I just stopped in for a break from the sea." Richard handed Boone his Sea Salt beer, as well as Author's order whatever it may have been. "Ah, I see. Must be quite the life, just drifting here and there. Sounds peaceful." He laughed. "Yeah..." Boone muttered as the bar door opened and the men took their seets down from Boone. He took his time with his drink as he listened to the men's banter.  "Eh, don't mind him. So are you the two the town's been raving about?" One of the men, Carl, asked. "The guys who beat up two of those gang members." Boone slightly raised his bottle as if motioning "Yes." to confirm their curiosity. Richard laughed, "So it's traveled already? Not surprising." He looked at the two, "Though now I am a bit worried. They're pretty dangerous, and if they decide to come take revenge then you to might be in trouble." To hearing this, Boone smirked and shook his head slightly showing his careless demeanor. He continued to sip on his drink while mostly ignoring the men's banter and soon finished his drink off with a sigh. You'd wonder how he finished it so quickly, but a guy can finish a drink quickly when that's all he's doing.

Mano's response to Dan's proposal seems to be an affirmative one as the chimp-like boy nodded his head. He then proceeded to erase the contents of his whiteboard before drawing a big jolly roger, an equals sign and a humongous banana - seemingly indicating that he has food on his mind. Sana commented in an amused voice that Mano has a one-track mind to which Dan nodded his head in agreement. "It would seem so." Dan replied to Sana's comment with his signature cool smirk. Dan was feeling quite proud at the moment; after all, his crew just did get a new member and one that seems to possess impressive combat skills even if the boy was just a tad unusual - that last part may be a bit of an understatement. It didn't help that Mano was staring at Dan with eyes that exuded admiration for his new captain; it only made Dan's ego that much more inflated. Then, Mano began to dance about while shouting, "Happy," all the while a song began to play in the background - Mano and Sana seems to be the only one hearing the ditty however.

Dan, on the other hand, began to chuckle lightly. Not long after that, the Devil Bats' captain began to break out into a boisterous and victorious laugh. "Hahaha! I'm one step closer to creating the ultimate crew, haha!" Dan proudly exclaimed. "He's delusional..." Jack commented with a sweat drop on his head. After the commotion had passed, Sana introduced the entire crew to Mano seeing as how he is a part of it now. She then left it up to Dan to complete the introductions. Placing the side of his fist to his mouth, Dan cleared his throat. "Mano, the Monkey King, you are now officially a member of the Devil Bat Pirates." Dan stated in a calm voice followed by a light applause by Sana and Yura. Jack, however, did not partake in the applause; no, he had his arms crossed and grumpily mumbled terrible thoughts. "Don't mind him, Mano. If you ever need any advice, you can drop by my office. Umm, be sure to set up an appointment beforehand." Yura stated. "No one ever sets up an appointment." Dan followed with arms crossed much to Yura's dismay.

Mano would now need a position amongst the crew but just what kind of position would be suitable for such an interesting little fellow? It was quite the dilemma for Dan to figure out. For now there is a more important matter to attend to however. Turning to Jack in particular but speaking to the whole crew, Sana suggested that they hit the town to get a taste of the famous Sea Salt Beer that every traveler on the sea has been raving about. Sana ruffled Jack's hair before asking if that would make him feel better. Clearly she was teasing him and treating him like a child despite the obvious fact that Jack was older. It was quite an amusing sight. "Sea Salt Beer, huh?" Jack began, his voice hinted at his intrigue but his tone was rather passive. "Alright, what the hell are we waiting for?! Let's go get some of that liquid gold hahaha!" Jack suddenly did a one-eighty and excitedly replied, accompanied with a huge, dumb grin. One of his passions is alcohol - good alcohol to be exact - and so the mention of the legendary Sea Salt Beer of Sea Breeze Village swiftly wiped away any negative emotions Jack was feeling.

The crew proceeded to the town after their plan was agreed upon. Like some stupidly happy and excited dog, Jack walked in front of the entire crew with his huge grin on his face the entire time. He didn't worry about the Mano situation anymore; his mind was completely focused on the Sea Salt Beer. The rest of the crew, while still quite happy, felt a sense of tension as they made their way through town. Dan couldn't exactly pinpoint the origin of this tension he is feeling but it's as if an imminent danger is just right around the corner; it felt as if he and his crew are about to met with a confrontational situation. Suddenly, Sana came across a litany of flyers that had engulfed an entire wall. She was curious to know if any of the Devil Bats' flyers are present but a large flyer that took up almost the entire wall made it impossible to see the numerous flyers underneath. The flyer in question, along with a majority of the other flyers, had to do with a crew called the Buff Buff Crew. From the numerous amount of flyers regarding the Buff Buff Crew and their exploits, it's easy to draw the conclusion that Sea Breeze Village is pretty much overrun by this crew. Maybe that's the reason for the unease the Devil Bats are sensing.

"These guys seem like trouble." Dan commented though he is not at all intimidated. "Hey guys, what's the hold up?! We need to get to the Sea Salt Beer immediately! We can't be wasting time looking at a bunch of flyers!" Jack exclaimed.

With Mano's attention being driven from his idle simple dancing the music came to a halt, reason being was that the girl was speaking. Looking to her with a curios little "o" of a mouth and a titled head. Listening to her intently he found that she was introducing herself, which replaced the label 'Cooking Girl' to 'Sana Kesoli'. Furthermore she then pointed over to Dan and introduced him as well, which turned his label from 'Impressive Black Haired Guy' to 'Captain.' In addition to changing 'Douchebag' to Jack, and 'Anti-Douchebag Protection Human' to Yura, Mano smiled and looked at the new faces with a such an uguu~ smile it would melt a tsundere's icy heart like hot butter on toast. After this observation, Mano thrusted his fist into the air and bellowed an excited "Yes!" He felt like a kid in a candy store!

It seemed that Dan and Mano had an unspoken bond of petting each other's egos indirectly - Mano's utmost admiration swelling Dan's confidence to the size of a baboon's buttocks lead to Dan addressing Mano as nothing less than the Monkey King, which bolstered the martial artist's pride as he grinned wide and gave Dan an epic thumbs up. Mano thought he'd get along very well with Dan, and as things stood he figured out he'd follow his leadership come hell or high water. He'd be sure to make appointments to see him, even if other's didn't do so. This chimp was great with instructions and to Dan's asking he nodded, affirming that he'd get an appointment should needs be.

Soon after Sana suggested they go taste the beer, and said they'd get Mano food. Eyes swollen to large chunks of meat, Mano outright rushed towards and full-on glomped Sana, unless she'd step out of the way of course. He was very appreciative of food, of any form, really. He assumed they'd cover his costs, too, so that meant effortless and free food! How could he complain?

Skipping ahead to the poster scenario Dan began to analyze one of the many which littered the wall, belonging to the Buff-Buff Crew apparently. It was quite obnoxious really, there was just so much of them. Mano didn't know what to do, so he took his own and shoved it in his pocket. Afterwards he gently tugged Sana's arm as he rubbed his stomach with a little whine and pout.

As their group came to a halt due to Sana having done so first, Dan made a comment about the pirates being trouble after having examined the wall, but Sana noticed that he didn't look nervous or worried about it. He still had his laid back posture, which always made him look so cool, and his signature smirk that simply made Sana go weak in the knees-'Ah, snap out of it girl, don't need to make a scene out here.' Sana looked away from Dan, having realized she was beginning to stare - seriously she could look at him all da-'Stay focus Sana' Yura chose not to make any comments, opting to silently observe the situation. As for Jack, he yelled at them wondering why they had stopped when there was delicious beer awaiting them at the pub. Sana could only smile. It sometimes amazed her how one tracked his mind was when it came to beer, women, and her food.Too bad it was exactly that, that put him at odds with their newly recruited crewmate. 

Speaking of which, said crewmate tugged on her arm whining slightly while holding his stomach with his other hand. Sana's smile came on its own. Though it was so short a time, she was completely taken in by Mano's charm. He had such a simplistic nature and every emotion was easily deciphered from his face, most likely making it impossible for him to lie or deceive anyone. Because of this she knew she could trust him. "Well, anyway it's best if we don't catch any trouble from them. After what happened before we came here I really don't want another fight so soon."

Seeing as both Jack and Mano were getting impatient, the group finally went on their way. On the way they heard whispers of an earlier fight between two men and two of the Buff Buff Crew that happened a while ago. Apparently the two strangers managed to best the Crew and saving whoever was being terrorized. Another thing Sana noted were the ripe looking fruits and vegetables that were being sold. She made a mental note to purchase a few before they left the Island for good. A barrel of Sea Salt beer would be nice too, especially since Yura didn't drink in public either. Eventually the Devil Bats arrived at a moderately sized pub that, like the rest of the town, was nicely kept and had a fair share of patrons drinking and eating away. The crew found a table along the wall, and Sana faced Jack. “Why don’t you go grab the drinks and order something for Mano.” Though knowing him he was probably already halfway to the bar already.

“Dan how much longer do you think we should wait for crew members?”

While that was going on Richard laughed when Author, the other male that finally introduced himself, joined the conversation with Mason and Carl. “Your friend here is quite the character.” Richard said towards Boone. He then looked over when Jack approached the bar. “Hello there sir, how can I help you today?” Unfortunately that order of Sea Salt beer would never be fulfilled, as the front door was shoved open slamming against the adjoining wall and pulling all attention to the entrance. A hushed silence fell over the bar. Most people avoided eye contact, pretending that they weren’t there. From everyone’s reactions it was clear these men were members of the Buff Buff Crew running the town. “Here comes trouble.” Richard mumbled.

Of the group the walked in, two men stood at the front. It was clear that of the group these two held some type of high position. The first man was tall, with long blond hair pulled back to showcase his fairly attractive face. At the moment, his expression was distorted in anger. Like many of the men behind him, he wore a white sleeveless v-neck shirt that had the symbol of the Buff Buff crew on the center along with blue, baggy pants. Around his waist was a belt that held two flintlock pistols. Beside him was a taller, and much more muscular man. Unlike the others he wore no shirt, but soley the pants. On his head, instead of hair, was the tattoo of the crew’s symbol in blue. On his waist was a sharp blade, resting without a sheath of cover it.

“Where are they?” Blondie shouted. When no one answered he kicked over a table, his face changing into a fiercer expression, “I asked where the hell are they!? Those bastards that dare challenge the Buff Buff Crew. We know they came in this direction-“ He shoved his pistol into another man’s head, the poor man shivering in his seat. “If you don’t start opening your mouths I’ll just start blasting heads until I get what I want.”

Meanwhile, Sana watched what was going on worried. Not because they looked particularly strong, but because that one blond guy looked like he was about to act on his threat. “Dan, what should we do? We can’t just let him do that.” It was true they were pirates, but they weren’t the type of people to simply sit by and let unjust and unfair cruelty just happen.

Over at the bar Richard quickly whispered to Boone and Author, “You two should leave. You don’t want to mess with them. They’re the leaders; Blondie there is Angler and the other Thor. If you sneak out now maybe they won’t see you. I have a back door you could-”

“And just what are you up there whispering about?” Angler called, making his way to the bar. “Got something to say Richard?”

“Hey, if I remember that pretty little girl was your wife. So where are you hiding the two heros?” Angler sneered.

Richard scowled, “Even if I knew I wouldn’t tell you. They’re probably long gone by now, so get out of my bar.”

“Boss.” One of the men in the from the back called, and upon closer inspection it was one of the two from earlier that was defeated. “That’s them. Right next to you.”

Angler made a ‘tut’ noise, shaking his head, “You know I never liked liars.“ He suddenly fired his gun. Richard cried out falling to the ground and holding his right shoulder. After the shot was fired the other people in the bar scattered not wanting to be a part of it. As for Mason and Carl they hopped over the counter to check on Richard. “Lucky I like your spunk otherwise I would have killed you.” Angler then turned to Author and Boone, “So you two are the bastards that fought my men. I don’t like it when people come into my town and doing whatever the hell it is they please. Lucky for you I’m in a bit of a giving mood, so all you two have to do is beg for our forgiveness and apologize. How does that sound to you Thor?” The other man just nodded, “So let’s see you grovel. If you don’t I could always just kill you here and now.”

Boone only sat there looking down as the pirates spoke, knowing that it'd cause more trouble for himself and the people of the bar than it was worth. “You know I never liked liars.“ the pirate said, firing a shot into Richard's shoulder. Boone's grip on the bottle he was holding tightened but his expression didn't seem to change. “Lucky I like your spunk otherwise I would have killed you.” Angler, the pirate, then turned to Author and Boone, “So you two are the bastards that fought my men. I don’t like it when people come into my town and doing whatever the hell it is they please. Lucky for you I’m in a bit of a giving mood, so all you two have to do is beg for our forgiveness and apologize. How does that sound to you Thor?” The other man just nodded, “So let’s see you grovel. If you don’t I could always just kill you here and now.” Boone released his grip on the bottle and spoke with his head still down, "'Fought your men'? I wouldn't call it a fight, no, more like a couple of little bullies being given their dues from a bigger kid. And you said that this was 'your town'." he said, raising his bottle to the man and looking up with a smile. "This isn't your town, you're just a rat that moved in and decided that you owned the place."

Mano smiled softly was he walked into the bar, clinging close to Sana and Jack as if there pair of them were his parents, or at the least a comfort blanket. In truth Mano was never a fan of large crowds. As a food thief, he was better working with small crowds. That much is obvious. However, he felt that the more people there were, the likelier he could be surprise-attacked and, thus, the less secure he felt about himself and his well-being. With this in mind his worried face fixed between Sana and Jack made him feel ever so slightly better, having back-up who're able to defend him in case of said surprise attack. This basic instinctive response, though, would easily be quenched with food.

Mano wasn't paying too much attention to the events going on. He was enjoying himself, eyeing the delicious and ripe fruits and vegetables that adorned the pub. However, as soon as the two Buff-Buff members came about and made themselves known, Mano's eyes wouldn't leave them. They promptly sharpened as he watched them with caution, feeling his fight-or-flight instinct turning on. His grasp on Sana's hand tightened as he frowned, lips tightly pursed. He was clearly worried about the scene that was unfolding. He knew something was going to happen, the tension in the air was too strong.

The gun fire was the climax unveiled. Watching the barman fall down from the wound, Mano was scowling and almost growling, but remained motionless for now. Two small symbols appeared on his forehead as he clenched his fingers, but for now he remained silent, looking to Sana with fiery eyes almost pleadingly. He showed respect for his superiors in this reflection. For now, though, he watched as Boone went on and challenged the pair from the Buff-Buff gang, spitting fire in their faces. Mano could feel the singes from his words, quite sharp in his opinion, but then again these scum bags weren't worth one of them. Nonetheless it was good to see someone sticking up against them.

As the Devil Bats entered the local establishment, they were quick to pick out a nice booth where they could continue their wonderful day with their new crew mate. Sana had asked Jack to go grab the drinks and food but, without the need of Sana's prompting, Jack was already half way to the bar - his lips salivating for a taste of the legendary Sea Salt Beer he's been dying to get a hold of since he arrived at Sea Breeze Village. Sana then turned her attention to Dan. She inquired the captain about the amount of time they would spend waiting for more new recruits. "Seeing as how we already managed to recruit Mano, I say it's about time we move on to a new location. Hopefully we'll get lucky and find another new crew mate." Dan answered as he fixed his tie.

Jack had now arrived at the bar and was quickly greeted by a man named Richard. "Gimme two barrels of the famed Sea Salt Beer along with four tankards. Also, let me get some of your best dishes you have here-" Jack's order was swiftly cut short as a group of grizzled-looking men burst through the door, causing everyone within the bar to direct their attention to the new arrivals. It didn't take long though for most of the bar patrons to turned back around and returned to their business. Most of the people here seemed to be avoiding direct eye contact with the new arrivals. In fact, they seemed scared even. Dan knew right away who these people are. "So they decided to show their faces." Dan quietly spoke to no one in particular. "Are these guys the Buff Buff Crew?" Yura asked.

Dan smirked in a cool manner. "I believe so." he responded.

The members of the Buff Buff Crew seemed poised to cause trouble and they ended doing so as they went around threatening the bar patrons and demanding them to expose a couple of individuals; the individuals that the Buff Buff Crew were seeking was unknown to Dan but he was ready to confront the crew's leaders. Suddenly, the leaders of the Buff Buff Crew, Angler and Thor, confronted Richard. They attempted to get Richard to tell them where they could find the individuals they were looking for but Richard was adamant in keeping his mouth shut. Unfortunately, one of the Buff Buff crew members recognized the two individuals standing beside Angler were the men they were looking for. The next part was quite shocking: after stating that he never liked liars, Angler fired a shot into Richard's right shoulder, causing the poor man to fall onto the ground in pain.

Seeing this, Jack's eyes widened. Angler then turned to face the two men who he and his crew were looking for. It seems that the two individuals had fought off some of the Buff Buff Crew's men when they were terrorizing the townsfolk and now the Buff Buff leaders are looking to settle the score. One of the individuals, a young man with brown hair, addressed Angler and Thor. He quickly managed to make a fool out of the two leaders with just a sentence or two, calling them "rats". Needless to say, Angler and Thor weren't pleased with what they had just heard. Back with the Devil Bats, Mano was poised to enter the fray. His fury was showing visibly but out of respect for the senior members of his new crew, Mano refrained from taking any action unless prompted by Sana.

"Captain-" Yura stopped when he noticed Dan was gone. Quickly looking towards the bar, Yura noticed Dan walking casually up to Angler and Thor with his hands firmly placed into his pant pockets. "You know, you should listen to his advice and leave." Dan said as he stood behind Angler. "What-" Angler turned around and was greeted by a powerful kick to the face from the Devil Bats' captain. Angler's body twisted like a miniature tornado before ending up on the ground, his cheek swollen by the powerful kick. "Angler-" Thor called to his friend but then found himself in a similar situation as Jack landed a direct punch to his face, pushing him to the ground as well.

"Devil Bats, it's time we get rid of the town's infestation problem." Dan told his crew with a cool smirk.

Archived