my deck

megakenny

well here is my main deck (mixed between gx and yugioh duel monsters cards) p.s this deck is quite big

different dimention gate

dweller in the depths

evil hero infernal prodigy

evil hero infernal gainer

black luster soldier

neo-spacian glow moss

cyberdark horn

common soul

black luster ritual

magic cylinder

mask of weakness

summoner's art

a hero emerges

fake hero

elemental hero bladege

polymerization

crystal blessing

warrior of zera

seven tools of the bandit

transcendent wings

winged kuriboh lv 10

dark magician

monster reborn

magician of faith

dian keto the cure master

kuriboh

elemental hero wildedge

crystal beast ruby carbuncle

non fusion area

blue-eyes white dragon

crystal beast sapphire pegasus

elemental hero glow neos

the warrior returning alive

monster reincarnation

chrysalis mole

dragonic attack

premature burial

enchanted javilin

cure mermaid

dark blade

luster dragon

gravitic orb

fissure

neo-spacian grand mole

luster dragon#2

ultimate offering

malevolent nuzzler

pot of greed

card destruction

elemental hero neos

swords of reveling light

change of heart

different dimention capsule

reverse of neos

total cards:52

told u it would be big lol

When did E-Heroes and Crystal Beasts suddenly become splashable? Get a theme.

52 aint that big. i aim for about 55 so that the deck aint to small so you run out of cards but it isnt too big so you cant draw anything you need until its too late

Unless you're running Seventh Gadget, anything higher than 40 is terrible. Play better.

its ok but i would size it down like crab helmet said, too many cards is not a good thing. also i would suggest taking out black luster and dark magician. i tryed running those myself, and really if u dont have a spellcaster deck for dark magician its not really a great card to have. and black luster, it has a good attack but its hard to summon most of the time expecially if u dont have the ritual in your hand, basicly it becomes a waste of time and space in your deck. also i would suggest using cards like draining shield instead of enchanted javalin, same effect but it negates the attack as well.

Don't listen to them megakenny. Just because a lot of cards didn't work for them doesn't mean it won't work for you. On average my deck runs between 55 and 60 cards, and that's a tournament level deck (traditional format only of course).

You need to go through and find what works for you. Asking other people for advice is okay, but that's just for direction and input as to their strategies. One strategy that may work for one person, won't necessarily work for someone else. I'm the only one I've seen that can successfully use the magicians in my deck. I've had 20 other people run my deck with the way its set up, and they pull off some nice combinations and all, and a few of them can win, but they can't get the monsters out. Buster Blader and Dark Magician are a given to get out, even Magician of Black Chaos and Dark Magician of Chaos was semi-easy for them. But when it comes to Sorcerer of Dark Magic and Dark Paladin, I haven't seen 1 person manage to get them both onto the playing field in the same duel, or at all. Mostly they are used as tributes for Magician of Black Chaos.

Point is, don't listen to what other people have to say about your deck when it comes to "you HAVE to do this." or "you need to do that" because the only thing you have to and need to do, is duel duel duel duel duel. Keep trying new combinations, keep trying new cards and don't give up on your base deck, just make small modifications to it over time.

Don't listen to them megakenny. Just because a lot of cards didn't work for them doesn't mean it won't work for you.

Right' date=' the pros all run exactly 40 cards because they're not good enough to make it work with 80-card decks. Yeah, that makes sense.

On average my deck runs between 55 and 60 cards, and that's a tournament level deck (traditional format only of course).

Your local card shop tourney clearly reflects on deck quality.

You need to go through and find what works for you. Asking other people for advice is okay' date=' but that's just for direction and input as to their strategies. One strategy that may work for one person, won't necessarily work for someone else.I'm the only one I've seen that can successfully use the magicians in my deck. I've had 20 other people run my deck with the way its set up, and they pull off some nice combinations and all, and a few of them can win, but they can't get the monsters out. Buster Blader and Dark Magician are a given to get out, even Magician of Black Chaos and Dark Magician of Chaos was semi-easy for them. But when it comes to Sorcerer of Dark Magic and Dark Paladin, I haven't seen 1 person manage to get them both onto the playing field in the same duel, or at all. Mostly they are used as tributes for Magician of Black Chaos.

[/quote']

The reason nobody can win with your deck is that it sucks. Magician of Black Chaos sucks, Sorcerer of Dark Magic and Dark Paladin each requires its own dedicated deck, and putting all three together leads only to mass failure.

Point is' date=' don't listen to what other people have to say about your deck when it comes to "you HAVE to do this." or "you need to do that" because the only thing you have to and need to do, is duel duel duel duel duel. Keep trying new combinations, keep trying new cards and don't give up on your base deck, just make small modifications to it over time.

[/quote']

No, he doesn't need to keep his deck at a reasonable size, in the same way that he doesn't need to avoid running Mechanical Snail in it. However, it would be highly advisable if he expects to win.

Do you honestly think you're helping anyone by telling them to ignore good advice?

If the deck works for them, and you are telling them to change it, you are not giving them good advice.

And as a little extra slap in the face for you, my deck works perfectly. On average I win about 8/10 duels so I really have nothing to complain about. Just because you are not able to wrap your brain around how it works, doesn't mean you know what you are talking about.

Unless you are godly when it comes to strategies, and you can see EXACTLY what the opponent plans to do with that deck (not what he COULD do) then really nobody has any place in telling anyone else what to keep and what to get rid of.

Plus, did you ever think some people just don't have the cards you are suggesting? Maybe they would have had those cards in their deck, they just don't have them.

If the deck works for them' date=' and you are telling them to change it, you are not giving them good advice.

[/quote']

It is good advice if changing it makes it work better.

And as a little extra slap in the face for you' date=' my deck works perfectly. On average I win about 8/10 duels so I really have nothing to complain about. Just because you are not able to wrap your brain around how it works, doesn't mean you know what you are talking about.

[/quote']

Play against better opponents.

Unless you are godly when it comes to strategies' date=' and you can see EXACTLY what the opponent plans to do with that deck (not what he COULD do) then really nobody has any place in telling anyone else what to keep and what to get rid of.

[/quote']

Deck topics are automatically considered R/F topics. R/F topics are requests for suggestions for improvement. Also, you don't need to be a master of strategies to know a Holy Pile of Random when you see one.

Plus' date=' did you ever think some people just don't have the cards you are suggesting? Maybe they would have had those cards in their deck, they just don't have them.

[/quote']

I didn't suggest any specific cards; I said to get a theme.

You are awfully cocky for someone who hasn't dueled against some of the opponents I have.

1) Random isn't always bad, if you know how to use it.

2) I play against tournament winners, runners up, and top 8 finalists, so please do not sit there and tell me to find harder opponents like you think you know who all I compete against for fun.

3) The advice you are giving may make it better for you, but not for them.

You could post up your deck and I could give you a slew of suggestions on how to improve it. Doesn't mean its going to work for you. Just because that structure worked for me doesn't mean it will for you.

4) Nowhere in the first post did it ask for help in the construction of the deck. The member simply listed their deck.

52 aint that big. i aim for about 55 so that the deck aint to small so you run out of cards but it isnt too big so you cant draw anything you need until its too late

Unless you're running Seventh Gadget' date=' anything higher than 40 is terrible. Play better.

[/quote']

Okay, Crab, I mean no disrespect at all, and yes I know, your a moderator. But some people have different opinions about how many cards they need in their deck. I try to keep all my decks as close to 50 as I can so I am prepared for mill decks and so I have a good chance at drawing exactly what I need. But yet, I am only stating my personal opinion, do not do what Under_Age_User did and bash it around.

You are awfully cocky for someone who hasn't dueled against some of the opponents I have.

The BEWD deck at your local card shop that you beat doesn't impress me.

1) Random isn't always bad' date=' if you know how to use it.

[/quote']

Random decks are only better than equivalent theme decks if the theme itself is bad (i.e. Larvae Moth OTK).

2) I play against tournament winners' date=' runners up, and top 8 finalists, so please do not sit there and tell me to find harder opponents like you think you know who all I compete against for fun.

[/quote']

Again, your local card shop tourney doesn't matter.

3) The advice you are giving may make it better for you' date=' but not for them.

[/quote']

Yeah, that makes sense. Clearly, giving advice that works for most people is wrong. I should tell the TC to deliberately avoid using anything that has ever worked for anyone else.

You could post up your deck and I could give you a slew of suggestions on how to improve it. Doesn't mean its going to work for you. Just because that structure worked for me doesn't mean it will for you.

That's probably because your suggestions would involve adding United We Stand.

4) Nowhere in the first post did it ask for help in the construction of the deck. The member simply listed their deck.

As I said before (perhaps you didn't notice)' date=' deck topics are automatically considered R/F topics unless otherwise stated. The reason for this is obvious: if rates and fixes are not wanted, then no on-topic responses exist, and the topic has no purpose.

Unless you're running Seventh Gadget' date=' anything higher than 40 is terrible. Play better.

[/quote']

Okay, Crab, I mean no disrespect at all, and yes I know, your a moderator.

Lulz moderators. From the looks of things, some of the former moderators could have used some disrespect.

But some people have different opinions about how many cards they need in their deck.

Some people also have different opinions about how many weapons of mass destruction are in Iraq. 31% (according to a recent survey) of American adults think that Iraq has WMDs; that doesn't mean that I am obligated to be wrong as well.

I try to keep all my decks as close to 50 as I can so I am prepared for mill decks and so I have a good chance at drawing exactly what I need. But yet' date=' I am only stating my personal opinion, do not do what Under_Age_User did and bash it around.

[/quote']

I'd tell you why your strategy doesn't work, but from the sound of it Pika already did that, and you turned a deaf ear. Let me just point out that, with only a handful of exceptions (Fifth Gadget and certain Mill variants being the most prominent), decks with 40 cards always do better in the long run than decks with 50 cards (assuming that the decks have been built and played with otherwise equivalent skill).

that may be true. However some people can use their brains differently and think of an off the wall strategy that totally works. Just because some people do not understand the concepts behind a persons deck doesn't make it bad.

If they can think of a strategy around which the deck revolves, then the deck has a theme. Themes can take the form of strategies and win conditions; they don't need to be built-in themes like "Crystal Beast".

Gather around, children. Today Slayer has a tale for you all, about how a deck needs to be made!

Short Story: I had a big deck, it won 50% of the time. Got a smaller one, with more theme, and even though it sucked card wise, and my opponent had broken cards, it wins 90% of the time.

LONG Story: Once upon a time, in a little State called Michigan, there lived a boy named... Slayer. He had a 108 card deck, and dueled everyone in his school, winning at least 50% of the time. But this was because he had strategy. The others he dueled against were morons..

As... Slayer.. grew up, he began to learn that real players usually used decks of 40 cards. 40? That was much smaller than his own! So then Slayer began to thin his decks down more and more, and make his decks less random with cards like "Toon Blue Eyes White Dragon" and "Toon World", he began to notice that his deck was winning more and more against the other players, despite having crappy cards in it!

Now, Slayer goes to a local tourney every month with a 40-45 card deck and sweeps the feet out of each player he duels with a deck greater that 45 cards! Why? Well, because even though the opponent has cards like Mirror Force and Raigeki and he does not, he has okay cards that are easier to draw, and his deck is more ready to preform the task it was created for!

*sigh*

k, well can we drop the debate about strategies and themes? We each have our own opinions and its obvious nobody is going to be swayed by them. Lets just drop it, agree to disagree, and move on with the discussion.

Megakenny, what is the idea behind the deck? What were you hoping to do when you were constructing the deck? If we know what kind of ideas you had for it, maybe we can advise you on some cards to put in or take out, without changing the deck.

*sigh*

k' date=' well can we drop the debate about strategies and themes? We each have our own opinions and its obvious nobody is going to be swayed by them. Lets just drop it, agree to disagree, and move on with the discussion.

Megakenny, what is the idea behind the deck? What were you hoping to do when you were constructing the deck? If we know what kind of ideas you had for it, maybe we can advise you on some cards to put in or take out, without changing the deck.

[/quote']

I agree, if we could have some examples of what you could do with the deck maybe we could see if it's good or not.

cool cards slayer_supreme

In today's lesson, you learn that your three-word declarations of your own ignorance are hilarious for reasons completely unrelated to your pathetic intentions for reasons that you could never hope to comprehend.

I'm not talking about strategy. I'm talking about deck size. Not only does it MAKE your strategy more centralized the smaller it is, but it also makes that theme easier to accomplish. Plus, you're less likely to draw into tons of the same type of card over and over. That's advantage right there.

myn is just leve it

I'm not talking about strategy. I'm talking about deck size. Not only does it MAKE your strategy more centralized the smaller it is' date=' but it also makes that theme easier to accomplish. Plus, you're less likely to draw into tons of the same type of card over and over. That's advantage right there.

myn is just leve it

[/quote']

hwt ru syagni?

I'm not talking about strategy. I'm talking about deck size. Not only does it MAKE your strategy more centralized the smaller it is' date=' but it also makes that theme easier to accomplish. Plus, you're less likely to draw into tons of the same type of card over and over. That's advantage right there.

myn is just leve it

[/quote']

hwt ru syagni?

what do you mean????????????

Archived