My first contest - Level 1 monster

liavcol

Hello and welcome to my first ever contest !!!

As the title says, this contest is about making a Level 1 monster. But that's not all...

Fee: 10 points

Prize: The winner gets 40 points *The rest 10 points goes to me

What you need to do: [spoiler=] Create a monster with the following stats: Level 1, Warrior/Effect, the rest is up to you.

It's effect have to fit to a deck that concentrate on Synchro Summoning. For example, it's effect can let it be Special Summoned when a certain thing happens or for a cost. [/spoiler]

Rules: [spoiler=] 

1. The card have to meet the requirements written in the "What you need to do" section above.

2. The contast is for 3 participants.

3. Once 3 participants accepted, I will PM the participants as well as post in here and you'll have 1 week to post your card.

4. No written cards.

5. I will judge the cards in the catagories of: Usefulness in game, ocg, art and reality (means it can't have high ATK for example)

6. Min. score is 0. Max. score is 40.

7. Have fun!! Though be serious.

8. All YCMF rules apply.

9. To be sure you have read the rules answer this question: What is your favorite type of monsters?

10. I will accept you only after you have sent the fee.

[/spoiler]

Pot: 50

Participants:[spoiler=]

1.Therrion

2.HijackAttack

3.Harrison H

4. -AixDivadis-

5.OpticalGalaxyStar

[/spoiler]

Contest begun! Good luck to all participants and have fun! Cards need to be uploaded by 9/7/2013!!!

RESULTS:

Therrion (33):

Usefulness in game - (7) The card is pretty usefull but only in case you have a monster like Marauding Captain in you hand, which can actually trigger it's effect. The card was better if it had an effect that Special Summon itself insted of relaying on other monsters' effects. I liked that you've made the effect as an option though I didn't like that it have to become a Tuner monster if I chose to activate the effect. The effect that the Synchro monster gets by this card is just an add but nothing really neccessary.

Ocg - (10) Great!

Art - (6) the art is pretty LQ and the background of it bothering me. However, it fits the card's name a little.

Reality - (10) What cannot be real in this card?!

HijackAttack (didn't post a card)

Harrison H (19):

Usefulness in game - (4) This card is not really usefull because it's a Level 1 with an effect of "Once per turn" and Level 1 monsters doesn't last long on the field because of their low ATK and DEF. And even though all of this, you've chose to make the effect based on luck. I can see some options with this card in case that I Special Summoned and Tuner monster by it's effect.

Ocg - (9) "Once per turn: You can send 1 card you control or from your hand to the Graveyard; reveal the top 3 cards of your Deck. You can Special Summon 1 Tuner Monster revealed this way and shuffle the rest into your deck. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a FIRE or Warrior-Type Synchro Monster."

Art - (0) Really?!

Reality - (6) except the art everything is realistic but the art just can't be on a card...

-AixDivadis- (39):

Usefulness in game - (9) This card is a great support and not only for Warrior-type monster which is nice. It's kind of sucks that it has to be a Tuner monster if it's Special Summoned by it's effect because I didn't wanted a Tuner monster. I really like the way it blocks the players from Xyz Summoning and it would really help in a deck based on Sunchro Summoning.

Ocg - (10) Great!

Art - (10) HQ art and fits it's name.

Reality - (10) What cannot be real in this card?!

OpticalGalaxyStar(didn't post a card)

With a score of 39, the winner is... -AixDivadis-!!!

3igw.jpg

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a Warrior-Type monster: You can increase its Level by 1, and if you do, it is treated as a Tuner Monster while face-up on the field. A Warrior-Type Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as Synchro Material gains this effect:
• When this card is Synchro Summoned: Add 1 Warrior-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Return Ninja - Ebisu".

[spoiler=Why I made it how I made it] This card is to be used with Marauding Captain/Goblindbergh to create an instant Synchro Summon play from the hand. The above cards influence fast depeltion of the hand, so I made a Type Specific bonus to keep the depletion at a minimal.
This would make a Scarred Warrior/etc. with Marauding or a Gaia/Gravity with Goblindbergh while providing a built in "The Warrior Returning Alive", making a Synchro Play beneficial by cancling out the -'s brought about by Synchroing. This card is also able to go into "Balmung" with Junk Synchron, since it isn't always treated as a Tuner (its effect would be negated by Junk). Also, since he gives the Synchro Monster the effect, by the rulings on Gagaga Girl, "The Warrior Returning Alive" effect he grants wouldn't be negated under these circumstances. Also, when Balmung dies, he could Summon this guy as a Tuner for a future Synchro/Warrior Returning Alive combo.
This is to add variety to pure Warrior Builds, as they are currently more geared towards quick Xyz Summons morethen Synchro Summons (Blade Armor Ninja/Excalibur outrank most Warrior-Type Synchro Monsters by far).[/spoiler]

3igw.jpg

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a Warrior-Type monster: You can increase its Level by 1, and if you do, it is treated as a Tuner Monster while face-up on the field. A Warrior-Type Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as Synchro Material gains this effect:
• When this card is Synchro Summoned: Add 1 Warrior-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Return Ninja - Ebisu".

[spoiler=Why I made it how I made it] This card is to be used with Marauding Captain/Goblindbergh to create an instant Synchro Summon play from the hand. The above cards influence fast depeltion of the hand, so I made a Type Specific bonus to keep the depletion at a minimal.
This would make a Scarred Warrior/etc. with Marauding or a Gaia/Gravity with Goblindbergh while providing a built in "The Warrior Returning Alive", making a Synchro Play beneficial by cancling out the -'s brought about by Synchroing. This card is also able to go into "Balmung" with Junk Synchron, since it isn't always treated as a Tuner (its effect would be negated by Junk). Also, since he gives the Synchro Monster the effect, by the rulings on Gagaga Girl, "The Warrior Returning Alive" effect he grants wouldn't be negated under these circumstances. Also, when Balmung dies, he could Summon this guy as a Tuner for a future Synchro/Warrior Returning Alive combo.
This is to add variety to pure Warrior Builds, as they are currently more geared towards quick Xyz Summons morethen Synchro Summons (Blade Armor Ninja/Excalibur outrank most Warrior-Type Synchro Monsters by far).[/spoiler]

I like the card. I am curious though, does this card is a part of archtype you've made?

Not at all. Since my return, I've only created one archetype, and it hasn't been seen by eyes aside my own. When you shot down the making it a Tuner, I simply made it to where it would gain Tuner status and worked from there, remembering all the times I attempted making Warrior Decks, the flaws in it, and a way to counterbalance flaws and grant results good enough to run the card. I usually hear of a requirement and make a card to fit on the spot.

He said in an earlier post that they themselves cannot be straight up Warrior/Tuner ("No sorry dude, it cannot be Tuner..."), so perhaps you should change that before finalizing (he also said we have the right to change unti the "due date").

Ok, I've got my card now,

[spoiler='The Young warrior']PMhcKZS.jpg[spoiler='Effect']Once per turn: You can send 1 card you control or from your hand to the Graveyard; Reveal the top 3 cards of your Deck. You can Special Summon a Tuner Monster revealed this way, then, shuffle any card revealed this way and not Special Summoned to the Deck. This card cannot be used as Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of a FIRE or Warrior-Type Synchro Monster.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Archived