[Thar] [MTG] - ϟ Electricity ϟ

Thar

Static counters: Artifacts or artifact creatures with X Static counters on them gain +X/+0. If an artifact creature with a Static counter(s) blocks or is blocked by a non-Green creature: Its controller can remove X Static counters from it; it deals X damage to the blocked/blocking creature before damage calculation. If artifacts or artifact creatures with X Static counters on them are destroyed: Divide X damage amongst any number of creatures or players.

~

Copper-Wired Motor

{5}

Artifact - Equipment

{1}: Put 4 Static counters on equipped creature until end of turn.

Equip {3}

Capacitor Capsule

{4}

Artifact - Equipment

{3}, {T}, while ~ is not equipped: Negate target spell; put 1 Static counter on ~. ~ cannot gain Static counters while equipped.

You can remove X Static counters from ~: Put X Static counters on equipped creature.

Equip {2}

Lightning Cannon

{5}

Artifact

{1}, {T}: Put 2 Static counters on ~.

{T}, remove X Static counters from ~: ~ deals X damage to target player or creature.

Static counters: Artifact creatures with X Static counters on them gain +X/+0. If an artifact creature with a Static counter(s) blocks or is blocked by a non-Green creature, its controller may remove X Static counters from it. If they do, it deals X damage divided among any number of target creatures it's being blocked by or is blocking. If artifacts with X Static counters on them are destroyed: Divide X damage amongst any number of target creatures or players.

~

Copper-Wired Motor

{5}

Artifact - Equipment

{1}: Put 4 Static counters on equipped creature. For each Static counter you put on the equipped creature this way, remove a Static counter from that creature at the beginning of the next cleanup step.

Equip {3}

Capacitor Capsule

{4}

Artifact - Equipment

{3}, {T}: Counter target spell and put 1 Static counter on ~. Activate this ability only while ~ isn't equipped to a creature.

~ cannot gain Static counters while equipped to a creature.

You can remove X Static counters from ~: Put X Static counters on equipped creature.

Equip {2}

Lightning Cannon

{5}

Artifact

{1}, {T}: Put 2 Static counters on ~.

{T}, remove X Static counters from ~: ~ deals X damage to target creature or player.

First off, I don't know why it has to be non-Green creature. That seems like a silly restriction and one Wizards would remove.
Also, Wizards doesn't like making counters with implicit rules unless the function of the counter is perfectly clear in its name (like +1/+1 or -1/-1 counters). Wizards would make the ability much simpler and have the source of the ability grant the appropriate ability/ies to what is getting the counters.
To be honest, even the artifact restriction seems silly, but looking at Capacitor Capsule I can see why you put it there.

Now to actually look at the cards.

Copper-Wired Motor I see is something you probably just want to keep to artifact creatures.
I edited its wording because you can't place counters "until end of turn".
Also, repeatable 1 mana +4/+0 until end of turn seems kinda OP, even if just for artifact creatures (considering the extra abilities that that +4/+0 comes with). I'd recommend putting a once-per-turn clause on it, like "Activate this ability only once each turn."

Capacitor Capsule I see just being a 4 mana investment for free 3 mana counterspells. In case you don't immediately see it, remove the equip ability and the last two lines, since it isn't mandatory that you use any of them.
The current "fair" complete counterspell is Cancel, a card that costs 3 mana, 2 of which are blue. This gives a once-per-round repeatable Cancel, but with repeatable
I can't approve of this card design because it allows any color to be able to counter spells (which is a HUGE no-no at just about any reasonably payable mana cost).

Lightning Cannon seems fine, I think.

Archived