Because LV Monsters Are Awesome

Herbisaurus LV3

EARTH/Dinosaur/Level 3/1400 ATK/1400 DEF

This monster also counts as a Plant-Type monster. During your Standby Phase, if this card is face-up on your side of the field; increase your Life Points by 300 for each Spell/Trap Card you control. During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster by battle this turn: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Herbisaurus LV5" from your hand or Deck.

Herbisaurus LV5

EARTH/Dinosaur/Level 5/1700 ATK/1700 DEF

This monster also counts as a Plant-Type monster. During your Standby Phase, if this card is face-up on your side of the field; increase your Life Points by 500 for each Spell/Trap Card you control. This monster gains 200 ATK and DEF for each Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls. During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster by battle this turn: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Herbisaurus LV7" from your hand or Deck.

Herbisaurus LV7

EARTH/Dinosaur/Level 7/2200 ATK/2200 DEF

This monster also counts as a Plant-Type monster. Cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of "Herbisaurus LV5". During your Standby Phase, if this card is face-up on your side of the field; increase your Life Points by 700 for each Spell or Trap Card on your side of the field. All monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF for each Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls. Once per turn, if a face-up Spell/Trap Card you control would be destroyed by a card effect your opponent controls, it is not destroyed.

Blazing Salamander LV3

FIRE/Dragon/Level 3/1500 ATK/900 DEF

This monster also counts as a Pyro-Type monster. When this monster declares an attack, if the ATK or DEF of the opposing monster is higher than the ATK of this monster; increase the ATK of this monster by 500 during the Damage Step. At the end of a Battle Phase in which this monster attacked; change this monster to Defense Position. During your Standby Phase: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Blazing Salamander LV5" from your hand or Deck.

Blazing Salamander LV5

FIRE/Dragon/Level 5/2200 ATK/1200 DEF

This monster also counts as a Pyro-Type monster. When this monster declares an attack, if the ATK or DEF of the opposing monster is higher than the ATK of this monster; increase the ATK of this monster by 800 during the Damage Step. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. At the end of a Battle Phase in which this monster attacked; change this monster to Defense Position. During your Standby Phase: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Blazing Salamander LV7" from your hand or Deck.

Blazing Salamander LV7

FIRE/Dragon/Level 7/2500 ATK/1600 DEF

This monster also counts as a Pyro-Type monster. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Blazing Salamander LV5". At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: Destroy that monster, then inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent. At the end of a Battle Phase in which this monster attacked; change this monster to Defense Position.

Red-Shelled Octurtle LV3

WATER/Reptile/Level 3/1000 ATK/1700 DEF

This monster also counts as an Aqua-Type monster. This card can attack your opponent directly. If it does, any Battle Damage this card inflicts to your opponent becomes the original ATK of this card. You may switch this card to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step. During your opponent’s End Phase: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Red-Shelled Octurtle LV5" from your hand or Deck.

Red-Shelled Octurtle LV5

WATER/Reptile/Level 5/1300 ATK/2200 DEF

This monster also counts as an Aqua-Type monster. This card can attack your opponent’s Life Points directly. If it does, any Battle Damage this card inflicts to your opponent becomes the original ATK of this card. If this card attacks after it has been Special Summoned by the effect of "Red-Shalled Octurtle LV3", your opponent cannot activate any Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. You may switch this card to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step. During your opponent’s End Phase: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Red-Shelled Octurtle LV7" from your hand or Deck.

Red-Shelled Octurtle LV7

WATER/Reptile/Level 7/1700 ATK/2800 DEF

This monster also counts as an Aqua-Type monster. Cannot be Normal Summoned. This card can attack your opponent’s Life Points directly. If it does, any Battle Damage this card inflicts to your opponent becomes the original ATK of this card. If this card attacks after it has been Special Summoned by the effect of "Red-Shelled Octurtle LV5", your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. You may switch this card to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step.

A like if you can guess where I got these monsters from.
And correct my OCG, if needed, as well as discuss the cards.

Would those be the Kanto Pokemon starters? .3.

Anyways, they're not too bad. I like the effect of Red Octurtle LV7 too. Nice to get in damage without having to worry too much about what might happen after if the opponent has a bigger monster.

I'd say Blazing Salamander LV7 was OP because he basically can't be destroyed by battle and hit's the opponent with 1000 damage, but he also doesn't do battle damage so that balances him out a little.

Herbasaurus seems like he'd be too abusable in a Quillbolt loop OTK though, but those are also a pain in the ass to run well, so I guess it works fine.

Out of curiosity, why does Herbisaurus LV7 lack some sort of Nomi-claus? That, or a gimmicky drawback that applies if you didn't play them through their previous form.
I mean, if you are going for traditional Level-Up monsters, since otherwise the smaller forms for him are kinda' sorta' useless.
Plus, your others have them, so it just seems a little out-of-place.
Though, you could leave it off if you wanted, since it wouldn't really hurt anything.

Would those be the Kanto Pokemon starters? .3.

Anyways, they're not too bad. I like the effect of Red Octurtle LV7 too. Nice to get in damage without having to worry too much about what might happen after if the opponent has a bigger monster.

I'd say Blazing Salamander LV7 was OP because he basically can't be destroyed by battle and hit's the opponent with 1000 damage, but he also doesn't do battle damage so that balances him out a little.

Herbasaurus seems like he'd be too abusable in a Quillbolt loop OTK though, but those are also a pain in the ass to run well, so I guess it works fine.

Red-Shelled Octurtle LV7 is quite useful, and is what Submarineroid strives to be. It simply snipes away at the opponent, and 2800 DEF is nothing to laugh at, especially with it attacking directly for 1700 with very little you can do to respond.
Blazing Salamander LV7, however, is balanced, in my opinion. Unless you play a card that prevents it from going into Defense Mode, it's got one clear shot at the opponent with its effect before it pulls a Goblin Attack Force.

Out of curiosity, why does Herbisaurus LV7 lack some sort of Nomi-claus? That, or a gimmicky drawback that applies if you didn't play them through their previous form.
I mean, if you are going for traditional Level-Up monsters, since otherwise the smaller forms for him are kinda' sorta' useless.
Plus, your others have them, so it just seems a little out-of-place.
Though, you could leave it off if you wanted, since it wouldn't really hurt anything.

In response to this and Yosuke's comment, I am adding a clause that makes sure Herbisaurus LV7 can't be abused by the likes of Lonefire Blossom.
But I'm glad you guys like this idea.

Archived