2x Dancing Cutlass

Grade 2 (11):

4x Commodore Blueblood

4x Ruin Shade

3x Three Star Chef, Pietro

Grade 3 (8):

4x Ice Prison Necromancer, Cocytus

4x Lord of the Seven Seas, Nightmist

Built this based on the theory of "oh hey, Granblue got a really good pressure card that rewards the milling Ruin Shade, Nightkid, and the 10k booster do."

It's testing surprisingly well. Grade 1 lineup has Child Frank in it because most other targets are pretty bad for how this deck works. Don't want to ride Evil Shade or Dancing Cutlass, but since I want to run them, 2 each works fine. Pietro's also a minor result of Granblue not having especially many targets, but it works since it means I get Nightkid for free under most circumstances, which rewards Cocytus with bonus pickups from the drop zone.

Calling three on the break ride turn is pretty absurd, by the way.

Rate, comment, discuss, etc. This build isn't perfect, I know. I kind of want to test a bunch of other ideas, but it's also kind of dependent on what the new support is in BT13.

First, i suggest either Deadly Nightmare, Deadly Spirit, or Samurai Spirit. They help in fixing your field if you have too too much booster/attacker. They can also be something to make the breakride an actual +2. Evil shade is unneeded most of the time, since with Romario, Cocytus and Nightmist already hit for 23 and 21 respectively. If you run the deadly or the spirits, consider using Chappie the Ghostie. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't destroy your consistency, or at leastnot in a significant amount. That's all I can say for now.

The thing about Breakmist is that you don't really have to use the recall units, though.

When you call three on the break turn with Cocytus, you don't want your table clogged with columns because then you don't get the most out of your effect unless you send all the units back. And even then, you're not racking up soul in a way that justifies using the Deadlies. The closest unit you get to is Samurai Spirit, and I really don't feel like you need it when you have reasonable targets.

The reason I play the 10k booster is that it's a Ruin Shade that's harder to hit under most circumstances, which allows you to set up for your break turn or another Cocytus call if you need it coming up.

I did, actually, much as I've also considered using stands in this build to maximize the potential of the break ride turn.

The thing that pushes me away from it is...well, I'm not sure. I feel like it's good null food and a nice target on the break turn because it pumps itself further. Maybe I fear the consistency of this deck because it has a very odd way to produce draw power? I dunno, I'll have to test 4 Nightmist/3 Cocytus/1 Skull Dragon.

Stands are bad outside of builds using Thanatos and Pietro. Also, using stands only to abuse the breakride is not good, since you can fail the breakride(riding something other than nightmist), or only getting the stands during the early mid game. Not to mention only turn stands will be useful is the breakride turn.

also, if you fear clogging of any card, Chappy can fix it. You should try at least 2, even if you're not running the replacers.

Archived