VOTING [1v3]

chairman ali

First left. I love the simple feel and almost toilet paper look to it. (Literal, that is, not figurative).

Second, RIGHT. I LOVE THE COLORS AND SILHOUETTES, SO GORGEOUS.

Third, left. Didn't even need to think for a second. It's expansive, pretty, unique. The god damn balloons and stuff.

Typography:

2 GMV

Let me start by saying the pen-tool in #2 is quite horrendous. It's far too choppy and doesn't flow well.

It would have been my favorite if not for the sub-par pentooling. 

The saving grace for the piece however truly is the texture and pattern diversity, that works tremendously well here. 

I like #1, but I don't think it's impacting enough. It definitely works though.

Pop Culture:

2 GMV

#2 is Fucking dope.

Very skillful, everything works and for once it isn't lacking. 

#1 seems safe to me. It seems as though you prioritized flow and forgot about everything esle.

That being said, the flow is phenomenal. 

Free Style:

2 GMV

This was another toss-up. 

I really wanted to like the first, but it was just severely lacking, the concept and placement was right but there wasn't anything significant. 

The second isn't amazing either, but it's got decent depth/flow which kind of works. 

The lighting isn't concise, nor is the depth, but it sets a good mood so fuck it. 

Typography: Let's see here... the left has a more real feel to it, adding depth to the design. The rough edges seem intentional for all the right and wrong reasons. The right is much cleaner and appears to be more professional (not to mention it's a VERY good book), but overall it's just not very interesting. My vote: Left

Pop culture: Left seems a bit lonely, but I admire the stocks being used here. The black and white theme, however, is a bit of a turn-off, and the transition from stock clouds to brush in attempt to add flow just doesn't really work out, personally. The left was a bit chaotic with a lot of tangential flow, but the design seems to have more heart and the execution is very crisp. My vote: Right

Freestyle: I'll be honest... tags just aren't that interesting, but that doesn't sway my decision here. The right has an alluring theme to it; the render fits the background perfectly, and the color balance really sets the tone throughout. However, the lighting makes it hard to really see it for what it is. The left seems a bit flat, but that doesn't mean the depth's not there. The detail of the texture on the rocks, while incredible, in comparison to the backdrop shows that I am indeed looking at it from a distance, while the balloon-hoisted boxes act as a segue into it. The mystery of the city I can barely see makes me want to follow those boxes. My vote: Left

They were all very good, but here are the results after my votes:

2-1

0-3

2-1

Archived