Destiny City [IC/Started/Accepting]

The White Wolf

Allow me to direct you to the OOC

[hr]

fyibnc.png

"Hey, not so rough boys, you'll wreck the coat." A man joked as he was pushed into an interrogation room and forced to sit down. This man's name was John Spark, leader of a rebellion in the city.

What city, you may ask? Simple answer: Destiny City. Created after the most recent World War. Currently, it is January 1st 3651, 12:30 AM. This city was forced to revert to 21st century technology, however, and did I mention that this is the last city standing in the entire world? Beyond its walls are simple wildlife, forests upon forests upon forests. There, nearly everything alive will try and kill you.

The military that rules over the city is known as God's Hand, after the war many people found their sanity in religion, and allowed that to be their driving motif in restoring humanity to its former glory. The rebellion is known as Death's Truth, who want to free this city of the religious rule it's brought itself under.

John watched as his weapons fell in front of him on the table, he snickered at the sight. "Mr. Spark, we have reason to believe that you're the one who's in control here. I'm correct, am I not?" A man whose face was hidden in the shadows towered over John

"Where does it make a difference to me? If I am or if I'm not, whether you kill me or not, the others can still survive without me."

"Oh we don't plan on killing you, not yet. We're going to extract every bit of information of your group from you, since you're the source."

Welcome to Destiny City, where everything you do... is predetermined. 

Micheal Anderson joyfully waited in the room next to where Mr. Spark currently sat awaiting interrogation. Micheal exited the room and walked to the door of the interrogation room, pushing a button on the panel next to it and calmly saying "Officer you are being relieved of duty for the night. Enjoy God's gift of another year." when the man exited Micheal entered the room and sat opposite of Mr. Spark, his face almost welcoming. Having been asked to attend the new year's celebration at the church, Micheal still wore his elegant black suit. "Welcome Mr. Spark. I'm sure I need no introduction, But I am Micheal, commander of God's Hand. Now before we begin is there anything that you would like? A drink perhaps?" Micheal's tone seemed all to welcoming, but still held a high degree of military discipline.

"Guard duty? What do you think I am? A watchdog? They really are running out of things for me to do..." A man grumbled under his breath whilst he stood perfectly melded in the shadows, the darkest areas that on a night like this was impossible for the human eye to see. "It's New Year's, too..." he said to himself, despite the fact that he couldn't care less. If anything, some action would be a very nice New Year's surprise for him. "I hear some of them might have got their hands on some night-vision goggles though..." Freed himself was wearing a pair on this night, it has a very high-tech instrument, state of the art and barely out of the labs, it used a combination of image intensification, the high-level detection of photons, and thermal vision, which was very useful for detecting hot-blooded organisms, and avoided the typical active infrared technology which showed up very clearly on enemy night vision scans. Even if they had night vision technology, Freed still held an advantage over them. He smiled as he thought about this, his superiority to the rest of the human race, while inhaling and exhaling very steadily, taking in the myriad scents of everything around him. From the light concentration of smog in the air to the slightly unpleasant body odor of the ordinary guards nearby, nothing escaped his nostrils and bestial senses. Each person had a distinct smell and he was sure to detect them if they entered the vicinity.

His trained ears picked up the light footsteps of a guard leaving the building for New Year's, further muffled by the newly fallen snow, and Freed considered just scaring the man a little to relieve his boredom, but decided against it. He had a job after all, and it wasn't often that they called upon him and his squad to do anything. He was Freed Michaelis, the leader of the special operations squad named after him - Freedom. They were hired for the night until the interrogation of the rebel leader was complete. The silly sentimental and untrained rebels were sure to come after their leader if they found out that he was captured, Freed was sure of it. After all, many years ago, he himself had been foolish enough to challenge Destiny itself and the authority of God's Hand. Oh how ridiculous of a notion it was and Freed considered himself more than eligible to teach these heathens the valuable lesson they may not live to learn. With a twisted smile, he spoke yet very softly in a mocking tone, mimicking the way that one would speak to young children. "Come, little rebels..."

Damian Mendaci stood on the top floor of tallest building in Destiny City. The tallest building in the world. He looked out over the lively nightlife as people celebrated the coming of a new calender year. A faint smile cracked over his face. Everything was going along as it should. 

"Mr.Mendaci" rang out over the ticking of the clock. It was James Horace, a secretary to Damian "I've just gotten conformation from Station Alpha that they've taken in a suspect"

"A suspect?" replied the calm voice

"Yes, sir. The suspected leader of the rebellion" 

"I was told this rebellion, as you have taken to call it, was nothing more than a rumor." 

"Not anymore, sir. You told us not to bother you until it became absolutely imperative you get involved, and it has. Freed has been dispatched to look after a group we think will show up, but it is very likely they'll be planning a demonstration tonight."

Damian turned around to look at James. "If Michaelis is on it, I'm sure it'll be fine." 

"Me, too, sir. But Freedom can only cover so many people."

"Just how many... rebels can there really be, Horace?"

​"You told us not to bother you until it became imperative..."

Damian took a long sigh and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Alright, the following things are going to happen to this order as soon as I am done speaking. First off, send an order for a media blackout of anything doing with the rebellion. Not a full block, but don't let them show just how big this is. Next, get people to find out just how many people are we talking about. I can't fight a war without an enemy. Until I give the orders, have the church rounds add a prayer to 'calm any turmoils we may have' and that 'our great and holy city will surely endure'. And lastly, get me Anderson, ASAP. I need to talk to him in person, preferably, but on the phone will do. Dismissed. " Damian turned back to the window and once more, all the could be heard was the clock as it ticked into another year "Our great and holy city will surely endure." 

"I doubt you have any iced tea on you?" John raised an eyebrow. "Michael, Michael Michael Michael. Commander you are, but you don't rule over this city. Tell me, you've laid all my equipment right in front of me: Night vision goggles, six daggers, four handguns, and my bluetooth. Why? I'm not cuffed anymore, what's stopping me from slitting your throat right here and now, then simply running out of here?" He asked, picking up one of the daggers and examining the blade, then putting it back down, managing to "accidentally" tap his bluetooth with it and discreetly turn it on. "(Wait just a little longer, John, just a little longer.)" He thought to himself.

Nicholas Franks stood in the hallway that led to the interrogation room, chatting with the 3 guards that were supposed to be patrolling that side of the hallway, plus a single trusted officer that was usually in charge of street patrols.
"... So remember, men, don't do the same thing you did when you met me. Does not matter if you remember him or not, if you know him or not. You stay away, point your weapons, and ask what is their business. Also, remember to warn for sudden movements. Anything suspicious, or lack of clearance, and tell them to leave the hallway. If they do not, shoot them. Better be safe than sorry. Try to warn your colleagues from the other side as well." Nicholas gestured and pointed at them patiently, while the officer was leaning on the wall, waiting.

"I will, Captain Franks. S-should I also be asking what is your business here, Sir?" Franks smirked.
"Don't try to piss me off, kid. Go do your job." The soldier backed away with an apologetic "ye'sir" and the three of them went running.

"So, Mike, is it? Well, you likely know who we have in the interrogation room, since it is a famous rumour among our troops, and don't even try to deny it. Here is the deal. It is likely that, since we have their leader, they will want it back. They may not even know where he is, but they sure as hell know who took him, and I am also sure that there will be retaliation. This building is well guarded, to say the least, but I am not taking any risks with our patrols. Warn them to expect ambushes and attacks. Also, pick up some troops to try and arrest those who are suspected to be rebels. And interrogate them. I want to know what to expect. I want to know if there will be a rescuing operation, when, where, how and how many. Is that clear, officer?" Franks voice harshened, a well known sign of impatience which could be considered a synonym of "Piss off."

"Always, Sir. I'll be right off." Mike the Officer soon disappeared on a corner of the hallway, and Nick entered the viewing room of the interrogation room and sat down on the chair right in front of the monitor, then vacant.

"Let us see how well our commander can "interview him". I don't really trust that he can be capable to make him talk.He watched how his equipment was in front of the criminal, and he couldn't actually believe the commander's death wish. "If he doesn't do anything remotely smart, I'm going in, whether he likes it or not."

"He's not going to talk, that's for damn sure," Vic said in secluded area on his bluetooth, "Whatever John is doing, it's sure that he's probably asking the questions, knowing the GH, they're probably getting severely annoyed by it. I can't think of anything without me coming back in a body bag. I'm no strategist. Our leader is incarcerated and we sit here on our asses! Any bright ideas from you guys?" Vic awaited for an answer, "I am sure as hell not going alone. We're a team, the least we could do is act like one! Those bastards, I want to put each of their heads on stick!"

Click, step, step. This would be an unusual sound to hear throughout a compound normally, but not for this team of rebels. For when the team thought of Keith, they couldn't help but think of the odd sound of his movement. He wasn't too old, but his body was worn and he fatigued faster than most, he usually opted to use his sheathed rapier as a walking stick of some sort. "Now, now, calm yourself Victor." That was another thing the team thought of when thinking of Keith, he never called anyone by a nickname, always their full first name. Other than that, not much was known about him aside that he worked for God's Hand many moons ago. "I've already mapped the perimeter of the facility during my short walk around town." Sure enough, there it was in his right hand, a map of the building's perimeter, with a guesstimate of how many guards were there. "It has been long since I've seen the inside but I could still map it with average efficiency, which I've done already." Keith explained, flipping another sheet over the perimeter map. "Of course, I won't be making this trip with you, far too slow to be of any good in a rescue." Keith explained; if one looked at the maps they could tell that the maps weren't exactly expert level drawing. Some of the notes were a bit confusing and blurred but it would have to do.

"Victor, you pussy," said Claire with disdain into her bluetooth, she was far out of her usual calm, her voice was full of bitter venom and hate, and her eyes were yet red from crying. It was perhaps the first time Claire had cried in her life, after all, and she cried hard. The others tried to persuade her out of this mission, to give her time to recover, but she would have none of it. She settled in position about five hundred meters away from the entrance to the prison complex, a distance easily bridged with her motorcycle. The prison was in a quiet part, non-residential of town and it would suspicious should anyone to approach it too closely, especially at this air. "Alright, I'll rush in and draw their attention so you guys go around," she said more smoothly, slightly regretting being so vindictive. "Undoubtedly they are already alert, so catching them unguarded is out of the question."

"Clai-" Someone was about to say, undoubtedly some warning, but it was drowned out by the motorcycle suddenly revving into gear. With a purposeful twist, the engine was put on full throttle and the armored vehicle began to accelerate. To her surprise, a few vehicles were pulling out of the place, guards going off-duty she assumed, and she leaped over them, her vehicle doing a mad maneuver to run on top of the cars. With her last leap she landed right at the gates. As anticipated, the sudden glare of the headlights momentarily blinded the guards and Claire drew her submachine gun from its holster on her bike to shoot them down. With that, she swerved away.

"Stop right there!" called out a guard. The guards off-duty had stopped and made a stand, trapping her at the prison. They pulled out their pistols and aimed them on her. Claire smirked. This bit of action put her mind off her grief. With adrenaline coursing through her veins, she made no attempt to adjust her route, charging straight at them. She put her trust in this prized vehicle, an armored motorcycle, Franz's baby. Taking both hands off the handlebars and simply shifting her weight to control her path, Claire took both Uzis out and held down the triggers.

[hr]

Unlike the guards who went rushing towards the prison's front gates, Freed made no such move, rather he went the other way, all the while staying in the building's shadows. It was rather annoying as there was little cover on the prison grounds. Obviously, the biker was a diversion, especially as there was only one person who caused the commotion and they left as quickly as they came. The rebels wouldn't dare attempt a frontal attack. This move simply told him that whichever way their assault would come from, it would not come from that way and would likely come from the opposite direction where it would take the guards the longest to come back to.

There was no need to communicate this to the guards or his fellow Freedom members, the guards were simply not needed and the other members of Freedom would realize this as easily as he did, they were familiar as anyone with rebel tactics.

"Sir, video surveillance cameras caught this on 14th street." James but in front of Damian a laptop playing a video of a woman riding a motorcycle around and over God's Hand soldiers. 

"I don't think that woman knows how to properly ride one of those", he commented as the driver pulled off a bizarre maneuver. "This video is awfully good quality for a street cam. Where did you say this was from?" Damian waited a few seconds as the video replayed. "James" he affirmed, this time with more demand "where did you get this?"

"A-Alpha, sir. The prison." It took James Horace more courage than he ever had to muster to look Damian in the eyes. He closed the laptop and stood up. 

"I thought I would be enjoying my new year. Prepare my booth for a video announcement to be recorded and then aired on the morning news in exactly..." he glanced at his watch "5 hours. and again at 6 30 for the evening." Damian cleared the room with James closely behind him. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings, citizens of our great city and patrons of His mighty word. I hope you have time to take out of your busy schedules to listen to this brief message. As a new blessed year begins, we all must take a minute to reflect on the last and predict for the future. We as a city- no, we as a people have made amazing progress improving our way of life. Since this time last year, our walls have expanded and we have gained over five-hundred thousand square kilometers of land that will be developed upon by hospitals, low-income residences and farms, and with even more land plotted and cleared, we are looking forward to so much more gain. Last fiscal quarter was one of the best in my term and this one is shaping up to be almost as good. New factories have begun to develop more and more reverse-engineered technology previously unavailable and total quality of life has gone up.

However, we are not without fault. Recently, events have transpired that are less than comforting, and I assure you that no one is in danger. Anyone loyal to His following are safe from all harm. And to those who do feel these actions necessary, I speak to all of you directly: I do not know why you do this. I do not know why you have strayed from the holy word, but I assure you, anyone who tries to hurt MY citizens, MY people will not know mercy. I will make you wish you only had to answer to God's wrath and beg for hell fire. However, any insubordinate that turns them self in before February will receive punishment much more generous than those we capture. All of those who hand themselves in for crimes relating to Treason, Conspiracy, Theft, or Destruction of Government Property will be offered parole and pension for their families. This offer stands for 30 days. After that, I will defend my people with everything I have. Take my offer into consideration because I promise you will remember this day as the day you could have prevented all the suffer about to unfold upon you. 

God bless. 

"Well, there's an opening now." Vic said as ran for the shadows. "Can't enter a door, they probably got a cam with my name on it in there." A noise, repetitive, was coming closer.

Footsteps. Approaching like someone were trying to get somewhere. Victor contracted his hidden blade, and readied his hand. He held his breath and waited for the guard. He opened the door, stepped outside, and took a deep breath, unfortunately his last. Victor lunged from the shadows, gouging his blade into his throat, and dragging his body to the shadows.

"I can't believe I'm doing this..." Victor said as he stripped the guard down of his uniform,"I'm going to have to borrow your clothing, sir." Victor put on his new set of clothing as well as put his equipment hidden in the outfit, while putting his on the man.

"I can't wait to burn this and boil my clothing. Alright fellas, it's do or die, I guess I'm going in alone, if your with me, feel free to go shopping the 'Victor Rix' way." Victor said. He picked up the guards rifle and opened the door, and entered the hell known as God's Hand HQ.

Mack was sitting on a bench in a park, somewhere in Destiny City. He listened to the entirety of the coversation, and as helpless as he felt, he knew he couldn't let the man who organized all of this be tortured. For what purpose? All of our effort would have been to waste. A smirk appeared on his face as he realised that this was John getting interrogated, not one our weaker minded members. It was going to be a while before John released any information, at that anything important. He had to get into the HQ alongside Victor to help John get out, and hopefully take a few God's Hand lives along the way.

As he took short stroll to think, he took a sharp right. But directly on the other side of the corner, were two God's Hand patrol units, one of them wearing a blue uniform instead of the normal green, which meant he was an official. He thought of Victor and how he handled it. This could make the whole 'Break into enemy HQ' operation a lot easier. He quickly took a stride backwards and put his back against the wall of the corner, and held his bluetooth up to his mouth.

"Victor, what do you think suits me better, blue or green?"

He unsheathed his sword, taking a large step over the corner ready to swing.

"Well then, it seems my usefulness has outgrown itself." Keith stated, placing the crudely drawn maps within his cloak. "Hey you, stop!" Two patrolling God's Hand guards had spotted him there in the shadows. "It can't be helped now." Keith stated, easily deflecting the first man's blade and with a mighty spin he slashed the middle of the first man's spine whilst slicing the throat of the second. This move might have looked impressive, but having to quickly sheath his rapier so he could use it as walking support was not. His body was feeling all he had done today and it was a pain that his body could no longer keep up with his mind but he would have to learn how to deal with the situation. Keith started making his way back to Death's Truth main facility, being sure to only walk the darkest alleys and stay out of sight of the roaming guards.

"I feel green is needed," Victor said with a smirk, "but alter your outfit, I need to know if it's you. Don't give me any hand motions. The guard I took this-" Victor was cut off, approaching footsteps. He readied his rifle tried to look somewhat like a guard, as he walked down the hallway trying not to be noticed.

"You there, private, what are you doing here? This is a level 5 security area! I could shoot you-" The guard said, his outfit was green, a higher ranking officer.

"Sorry sir, I really needed a smoke," Victor pulled a pack of cigarettes and continued,  "and the sign there says no smoking aloud, so I went for the nearest exit."

"Get out of here, and read all the damn signs next time." The guard pointed to an exit door to a level 3 section of the facility. Victor nodded as he went in that direction. Victor looked around for a secure place to talk. He opened a supply closet and hid.

"Sorry, minor delay," Victor continued, "As I was saying, the guard I took this from was wearing a checkered scarf. Look for the guard in the blue uniform wearing the scarf, that'd be me. Anyways guys, I got some news from the hornet's nest. Apparently I entered a level 5 area of their HQ. Keith, I need to know If you remember at the slightest, what level 5 areas there are on the southern side of the building, and If so I need to what they are. They may be holding John in one of them. Bad news however is that I'm in possession of a blue uniform, I can't get in, but Mack can. I'm going to try and weasel out some info from some of these lower-ranking GH, they probably know where John is."

A small alarm inside the prison had been set off in response to the incident at the front gates. This told Micheal everything he needed to know and he smirked with anticipation. Micheal stood and spoke firmly "Seems your friends have arrived. They run swiftly to meet their demise. As for you weapons, the only ones of use are those knives. Your guns were emptied upon arrival. Of coarse.." Micheal moved the coat of his suit to expose his gold desert eagle "those might be just as useless. Now if you will excuse me. I have heathens to who are in dire need of God's holy judgement."

Micheal calmly walked out assuming Mr. Spark did not make an attempt to stop him. When Micheal exited the room his voice filled the hallway "Men prepare to bring judgement! The heathens have broken into an establishment of God, they are to be dealt with by whatever means necessary!" with his order undoubtedly heard by all agents in the hall and a small area beyond Micheal exited the hallway and turned into a room specially reserved for his equipment to be placed in events where he is called during such occasions. Entering the room Micheal swiftly changed into his commander's uniform, dawned his weapons, and put on a communications device. Now fully dressed Micheal returned to the interrogation room door, as well as calmly issuing orders to all God's Hand agents to avert attention to all main entrances, eliminate all intruders on sight, and giving the Freedom division execution orders.

With that done Micheal turned to face the only entrance to the hallway and prayed aloud, as to be heard by all God's Hand members receiving his signal "Our great father grant us strength on this day as we rid the world of its sin and bring your judgement down upon the enemies of heaven. Rid our minds of fear and doubt so we may act not as men, but as vessels of your holy will. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. Amen."

Keith was just now at the halfway point between the Death's Truth main facility and God's Hand Prison HQ. "Hold on, hold on." Keith said, moving to where a dumpster was in the alleyway so that he could be hidden. He then flipped over a cardboard box and slid slowly down the dumpster side so he could use the box as a table, he would never admit how good it felt to sit down at that exact moment. Keith took the crudely drawn maps from his cloak and spread them out on the box to read his notes. "There's only one level five security floor in the whole prison, it's where they keep the most dangerous and lethal of prisoner, or any kind of terrorist. So, you're probably on the right track, if Mack were to find a badge with the uniform he could easily access to area where John is being held. However, the current Commander has probably already begun interrogating him and will most likely be there; if he's even half good at his job, he'll recognize you're not a higher-up in an instant. Be careful." Keith explained and began looking at his maps again.

Nikolai leaped out of his seat the moment the alarm started echoing in the air, opening his backpack and preparing himself for the battle that would likely occur. He takes a good amount of grenades (an assortment of frags, smoke, flashbangs and incendiary) and ammo boxes, placing them in his belt pouches. He proceeds to draw both his weapons, checking their condition.

Satisfied, he opens the door and turns to the hallway, encountering the back of his commander, starting his pray. He awaits for him to finish, assuring that the door leading to the prisoner is well locked, echoing the "Amen." He signaled the two soldiers on the corner of the hallway to draw their attention, pointing his SAA to them and then towards the spot that the curve of the walls blocked his vision.

"I want you two to pay close attention to those who come near us. No one, and I mean NO ONE can turn this corner, it does not matter his rank. If you know and trust them, let the guard that hallway with you, but the single moment they try to turn the corner, shoot them. No questions ask."

Without waiting for a response, Nick sheaths his D-Eagle and takes his radio, contacting the officer. "Officer Mike, this is Captain Franks. What is the status in the streets? Any arrest? Any lead? We are being invaded in here, so give me the information I requested, goddamnit." He keeps the radio in his hand, sighing.

He finally turns to his commander, making a polite nod with his head and lowering his tone of voice. "Commander, we still need to count with the possibility of us being unable to stop them from reaching us." He lowers his tone even more, turning it into a whisper, as if afraid to be heard. "Is this the room that is rigged with explosives?"

Mack took a large stride around the corner.

He swung at the officer in green, who was fully unaware of what was going on, slammed his head into their patrol car and slit his throat. With the other patrol unit noticing him, the unit tried to reach for it's pistol while simutaneously reaching for his walkie communications. Mack swung at the arm of the pistol, disarming him, while his eblow delivered a blow to his face, to knock the unit to the ground. As he tried to scramble for his pistol, Mack pinned his hand to the ground by sticking his sword through it, and swiftly kicked the bluetooth communications out of his hand.

"Tell me now. What do you know about the prisoner that is being held inside the main base?"

"N-n-nothing! I was just ordered to patrol for any suspicious looking indivduals!"

"What floor is the detention level at?"

"I'm no-" Mack stuck his sword deeper into the unit's arm.

"I-I-I don't know!"

Mack took a step back and watched this helpess fool. He was a young man, probably not over the age of 25, and most likely was just recruited to the God's Hand for some extra cash. In a way he felt sorry for him, almost to the extent where Mack felt he didn't deserve to die. As Mack pitied his prisoner, the unit started to struggle and tried to reach for his walkie. As soon as Mack realised this, he took the sword out of his arm, and thrusted it into his heart. The unit silenced instantly

He stripped down and put on his new outfit. He nearly loathed himself for wearing the God's Hand uniform, but he knew it was necessary. His sword was under his jacket on his back with the hilt right under his collar, and thankfully it didn't bulge from the back. He hopped into the car and was about to make his way to the HQ when a thought occured to him. He reached for his Death's Truth bluetooth.

"Claire, fancy playing as my captive?" 

An armored car pulled up in front of the tallest building in Destiny City. It was unmarked, except for the cross dangling from the review mirror that was required in all government vehicles. There were 2 people in the front: A highly trained driver and co-pilot. There were 5 people in the back: 4 elite guards, equipped with automatic weapons furnished with various upgrades and utilities, Kevlar vests, and knives, and 1 very important older man. After the vehicle was loaded, it took a non-disclosed route optimized for maximize discrepancy to the highest-security prison the city had. It stopped in the back for the mandatory limit of 30 seconds while its 5 passengers got out and then took a non-disclosed route to the center of town so that no one who wasn't following the vehicle from the prison could trace it. Meanwhile, the 4 guards escorted the older man through the building, where they encountered no problems and made it to the interrogation room where one John Spark was waiting. He sat down next to Micheal Anderson before straightening his tie. Two of the men that came the man followed him in, while 2 stood 5 meters from the door. Hello, Mr.Spark. You may call me Sir. The man easily recognized as leader of the City needed no introduction before starting conversation.

Meanwhile, Damian Mendaci slept peacefully in his safe house while his identical double gathered information first hand. 

"I'm not so sure they'd care about hostages, but it may be worth a try," replied Claire. She had evacuated the premises and parked away her motorcycle and was walking back to help with the infiltration. "We should keep it stealthy first, though you have my permission to put your sword at my throat if the situation demands it. I'm..." She gave him her a location about two blocks away.

[hr]

"It appears a rat has snuck in," hissed the horribly scarred man to himself. Freed was knew the moment Victor had entered HQ grounds when he caught the man's scent. As he predicted, they entered almost opposite from the main entrance and there were less guards around. There was no need to notify the rest of Freedom of an intruder though , there was only one person, they would stay on patrol while Freed went in to hunt his prey. "Now, I thought they were playing the good guys..." said Freed as he noted the fading thermal signature from the body in the bushes. "Killing is bad, you know..." He smirked at his intentional hypocrisy. Who knew how many fell at his claws? Many of them slain in dark corners, their bodies badly mutilated, hidden and long forgotten.

Following the scent trail, Freed entered the building as well. Confidently navigating the halls while sniffing here and there, the assassin found himself standing before a supply closet. Freed had heard the man had been talking, likely through some bluetooth to communicate to his companions. "I should probably tell the higher ups that allowing signals freely inside of your base is a bad idea," he said, softly though so that the man in the closet would not hear.

Freed opened the door, keeping his other clawed hand behind his back and took measure of the tall, black youth in front of him, looking quite surprised to be discovered. "Oh, hello..." he began with a smile, though on his face, the smile looked positively sinister. After a pause, without warning, he lunged forwards with almost inhuman speed, his arm outstretched baring the deadly claws on the tips of his fingers that could shear through steel. "... intruder."

John raised an eyebrow. "Sir? I see you don't see us as equals, far from I'd say. Good. It should be that way." John responded, staring straight into the eyes of the lookalike.  "That way, when I'm looking down at you next, it will be so much sweeter..." he took a deep breath, as if trying to keep calm. "Tell me, what would you say about how this city is governed? How many innocent people have been slaughtered, just to keep up appearances?" John almost yelled asking his second question, getting visibly angrier. Soon realizing his growing anger, he started to slowly calm himself. After all, how could anyone be calm when staring into the eyes of the reason of their parents' deaths?

"I'm gonna have to call you back," Victor said as Freed opened the door. Victor lifted the ring on his finger, pulling the his blade to contract, but there was a secret feature added before his mission started. His blade popped out of his hand, revealing a handle to transform his secret blade into a dagger. The space was narrow, only being able to swing the blade so far, he had no choice but to make the stupidest decision or the most gutsy move he's ever done in his 19 year old life.

"I surrender." He said. He retracted his blade. He lifted his hands and awaited Freed's response.

Freed was thoroughly disappointed. He had hoped for some action for once. After a pause, he took a step back and out of the closet. "You're no fun," he said. "How's this instead? I'll give you three seconds to get the hell out of here before give chase." The scarred man smirked, he was quite confident in his speed, it made it all the more amusing to give the kid some false hope and all the more fun when he snuffed that hope out.

"C'mon now, I won't bite," he said. "Here, I'll take five big steps back. Give you some personal space. Go on now, run for your cowardly little life. You see, I'm a nice guy." If anyone in Freedom heard that, they would've laughed their guts out.

Freed didn't notice with all the commotion, he was able to turn his Bluetooth on. The entire thing is meant to say that Victor is screwed, if not now, later.

"I'll take that chance. But I swear to it Freed, your gonna get yours for what your doing," Victor ran, faster than he knew he could, around a corner, he heard a pistol's hammer go back, so there was no time to look back, he ran for the area that most likely held John. But first, he needed to twist the knife. He already got in, God's Hand didn't notice Victor slip through their fingers, He was going through the hornet's nest. He felt as if he doesn't die, then there's something wrong with God's Hand security. He dashed for the armory, two guards were there sitting in chairs by the table. He released it into a knife and threw as such, landing it straight into the face of one, and Vic ran vaulted over the table for a knockout to the other one's temple. He opened the locker to what seemed like heaven for guns. He grabbed a SPAS-12 shotgun, and ran for John, he didn't care at this point how his life was going to end, but he but he made one final call.

"I'm coming for you John." Victor said, He wanted all of HQ to know he was here, to hell with stealth, it's out the window now. He pumped his shotgun, no longer just a rebel, he was proof of the ignorance of god's hand. He used The Vision, his ability to see the world as a battlefield, and went to fight.

Mack drove to Clare's location. Once he arrived he popped the passenger seat open and held up the handcuffs.

"Fancy a ride?"

They sped off to God's Hand HQ. Mack knew Victor was in there, probably making his way to John, and knowing Victor, it would be a while before any (alive) God's Hand members were aware of his presence.

"Here's the deal. Me getting in with this lovely uniform I happened to pass by would be easy, but getting to John's exact location would be difficult. Now, if I took you as my captive I could take you straight to John, and once they turn their ba-"

The car's communication's sent out a broadcast.

"Intruder at HQ! I repeat, intruder at HQ! All staff are to remain at full alert until threat is neutralized"

"Is that...Victor? Well, that makes our job significantly harder. The chance of us getting regocnized as not actual God's Hand members has increased by quite a bit. If Victor is not dead, it still means he can be quite a nuisance while he's roaming around"

They arrived at the Southern, more quiet entrance of the HQ. Mack swiftly handcuffed Claire and then set foot. He tried to keep his head down to avoid being spotted. As they approached the entrance, the two guards quickly glanced at disguised Mack, then to captive Claire, and let them in.

They were in the base. A floor with a long hallway and 2 elevators at the end of it stood infront of them. Now the tricky part: try and get to John.

Archived