The X Class [PG16 / IC / Always Accepting]

Tormented

As the guards kept a watchful eye on Marina, the scientist kept her cool as she raised her arms, keeping her eyes on the intruder.  Once said intruder started blasting the guards around with some sort of force, all bets were off.

Gravity - no, worse than that.  Telekinesis? Marina thought to herself as she looked around for anything she could use to her advantage.  She had her hair, but against someone who was trying to escape with that ability of his, she could not really do much, especially now that he's hovering in the air.  Then he started a little speech saying that the lives of his accomplices are forfeit, followed by an explosion that knocked Marina off her feet. 

"You're mad," was all that Marina said as she put her hand into her 'hair', forming the substance into a javelin-like shape and threw it at the levitating man.  She figured it wouldn't actually reach, given the man's manipulation abilities, but she had to do *something*, at least, until the others figured out that their target is the one in front of her.

*As javelin-like shape was created and she threw it*, as Leiro noticing the soaring object heading toward him, why bother, does she not know what am capable of?, Leiro thought,* javelin-like shape stopping in the mid air*,

“you might as well stop trying, woman.”

looking toward his right as then to heading off floating higher above the storage.
Accompanies of more people seemed to show up at the scene,

“Pain can only feed on pain! Pain cannot feed on joy! It finds it quite indigestible!”

saying as loud enough for those around to hear, going highly above the storage habitat. Leiro kept lifting himself toward the clouds, moving his arms up resembling the cross from afar, looking down on the scene, as he lifted his head toward the sky, clapping his hands together once leaving them in a form of a prayer, Lord, help us to accept the pains and conflicts that come to us each day as opportunities to grow as people and become more like you, thought as he stared at the sky. Floating there in the sky for moments…

As ειρηνοποιός listened to Alec's plan, he started to frown. When Alec finished saying his thoughts, he interjected. "The fact that we will fly low enough to get through the tracking line is going to mean it will be potentially much more troublesome for us. Our stealth system is fine, but they devote themselves to using technology, and it may pierce the cover. And I'm guessing they will perhaps have some sort of gate-tester to check the identity of all those who walk through. The security surrounding the immediate execution will be heavy, and if we intrude, there will be many fatalities if I can't use my Tranquility in time. It takes some time to prepare, and it will make me look suspicious while I prepare. And even if we can arrive safely, how do you propose we safely transport our fellow kind back to the jet? Walking up or down anything will be trouble. Landing the jet around the execution area would be problematic for many reasons." His mood starting to visibly dampen, his appearance started to age until he appeared as a male perhaps around 19, his appearance somewhat haggard. I really don't have any alternative ideas, unfortunately. I won't be much help in battle either, not being able to fight and all. Make sure you stay safe though, Alec. The last thing the Nexians could take is the need for a new leader. Also, I'm against forcing any of the Nexians into this. I'm only okay if they agree with this after they know all the risks. I'd rather go alone than with others by forcing others into it, even if we can't spare to lose them.

"Indigestible... wait, what does that even mean?"  Marina replied, but the tresspasser was soon out of range of any of their weapons.  And even if they could reach him, she knew little of his powers outside of his telekinetics he showed off.  Right then.  Damage control, Marina thought to herself as she rose to her feet.

"Alright first thing, find out where the rest of the bombs are located," she began, barking out orders to the soldiers gathered.  They may have doubted her identity before, but her confidence and her display of her power just now more or less proved her identity.

"That's already underway," one of the mutant soldiers replied.

"Ahh, he must have heard the bombs go off.  That's good then.  Anyway I need a forensics team in here to check for DNA or residual energy."  Marina said.  The soldier began speaking into his radio, supposedly contacting said forensics team.  "Now until they get here and finish sweeping the area, I need everyone out of here, now" Marina continued, herself walking out of the storage area with the soldiers.  Once outside, Marina felt a vibration in her pocket - she was getting a phone call.

"Marina Marina!"  As soon as Marina answered the call, the rattled voice began frantically speaking.  "Why oh why is there a strange man stuck in your hair goop?"

"That's right, you were coming in at about now," Marina said, calmly.  "Keep your distance from the man; in fact, just go home for now.  I'll take care of things," she said, before hanging up.

"You three," Marina said, pointing to a group of soldiers not doing much besides keeping watch.  "We need to go to my lab.  I think we have one of the intruders still alive there."

It didn't take long for Fromage and Monaka to comb the building. They periodically went room by room taking out miscellaneous gun wielders as they proceeded to locate the rest of these mutants. Oddly enough a lot of these aggressors weren't mutants. This most logically meant that they could have been friends and family members of the victims of their earlier assault. The two sentinels simply let these pedestrian bullets bounce off of them without any forethought. Fromage scanned the area and she noted that there were two distinct mutant signatures on the roof and they seemed to be waiting. Though Fromage and Monaka didn't fully develop emotions yet they did develop a sense of curiosity. This logic was not what they would define as smart, but what did it matter in the way of the mission.

Meanwhile Fromage and Monaka were being closely followed by the Vanguard Swat team that they had rescued. Luckily these men were live streaming the action right back to Sylvia and she was loving all of it. Her girls were performing well above the expected level. That and all of this real time combat was giving her ideas for more Sentinels. She was scribbling her designs down on her notepad looking to see what she could do. Hmmm I like the aspect of the close range blade work but it looks like I will need some more heavy duty blade work. I think I'll call the new one...Parfait. Yeah that's a good name. Oh and she could be accompanied by one with more fire power. But I think I can add some better hydraulics and have a cool combination of gun-kata and heavy duty weaponry. We'll call you...Souffle. She then pressed a button on a control pad in front of her and began to speak to her well performing sentinels. Bring the next two in alive. I don't think the higher ups will like it if we keep killing all the mutants and not bring a single one in. She didn't really understand how extinction was actually the Vanguards goal. Yes Mistress.

Without a further thought the two Sentinels simply jumped straight up through the building and landed on the roof. There they saw what appeared to be a 7 year old girl and an old man in a wheel chair. Both the subjects were of Hispanic decent, but after closer examination they seemed to be more European than North American. The shoes on the old man were oddly regal and his upright stance in the wheelchair showed definite refinement. So they send machines now? The old man spoke in an authoritative tone. His voice was...experienced. A war veteran of sorts. The Vanguard team had quickly made there way to the roof to film and provide back-up for the altercation. But once they laid eyes on the man they froze in fear. His mere presence had a sort of gravity to it. Fromage and Monaka tilted their heads as they being machines can not feel such things. Poor machines, the old man said. You're not human enough to understand your foolishness. I shall pray for you anyway as you bathe in le Sangre de Christe. At this moment the man stepped to his own two feat and was ready to go on the attack.

The squad Aldir was a member of quickly darted across the battlefield, incapacitating any mutants they came across. Things weren't *perfect* of course, Aldir himself had to kill a mitant messily; he didn't care to recall the details.  Dealing with mutants on this scale was new to Aldir, and it was tough for him and the squad to keep control of the situation.

Still they had their jobs.  When the squad came across a solitary young man, the squad leader gave the order to subdue him.  One of the soldiers raised his tranq rifle and tried to shoot him, but the dart seemed to slow when it entered the general vincinity.  "I know this one," the leader said.  "You can't hit him with ranged weapons.  He's strong too.  Relison, you go in and subdue him."

"Alright, understood."  The others followed after Aldir, who began to run towards the man.  Noting that Aldir was coming after him (with his mechanical limbs and all), the young man could only run.  He was fast, but Aldir was faster.  Didn't stop the man from trying to shake Aldir; but even escaping into a buidling did not dissuade the cyborg.  "Y'know, you've just made it harder on yourself,"  Aldir said, finally catching up to the man and whacking him on the back of the head with his metal arm.  Aldir laid him down against the wall, noticing he was outside again... with a confrontation taking place just around the corner.

He stood behind a older man in a wheelchair and a young girl.  Beyond them was one of the Vanguard SWAT units, alongside two not-quite-humans... Aldir figured them to be the robots that his compatriots were talking about during the trip.  "Poor machines," the old man said. "You're not human enough to understand your foolishness. I shall pray for you anyway as you bathe in le Sangre de Christe."  Aldir had no idea what he was talking about, nor did he care, though he did sense his intent through is overbearing aura.  The soldiers seemed stunnded by his appearance, but Aldir simply fired his slug in the older man's general direction as a warning shot.

The slug blasted a hole in the roof nearby, destabilizing the structure just a little bit more.  The old man stopped his forward motion, knowing that Aldir was behind him, but not turning around.  Figuring that he might not have been taken seriously, Aldir spoke outloud, gun arm pointed straight at the man.

"For your own safety," Aldir began, mustering every ounce of courage he had.  After all, he was fighting against an unknown, one who seemed confident enough to win against two machines and a SWAT team.  "I order you to stand down!"

The mysterious old man sniffed the air around him. The smell of fresh of gun powder lingered in the air and he grinned as it seemed an actual mortal dared to take the first shot. A warning shot yes, but still it was a shot nonetheless. He turned around nonetheless to witness the cyborg human behind him. Of course this whole cybernetic science thing was pretty interesting, but at the very least this mortal was human. Aah I see that once again humans are not satisfied with God's design. Must you stain his glorious creation with your instruments of science? Though I guess its better than these imitations of life that dare ware the garbs of the holy nuns. Fromage and Monaka once again not understanding that they were actually insulted tilted there heads. With the arrival of a new ally this could complicate things. They may not have the authority to go "all-out" so to speak and carry out this mission with the utmost efficiency. Then again such concerns were not in there programming and scans showed the litany of mechanical enhancements this man had given himself. At that moment a loud shout was going off inside their heads. TAKE THOSE TWO MUTANTS DOWN!! 

Fromage and Monaka entered ready stances and they were about to strike while the man had his back turned. Unfortunately it didn't look like this was going to be an easy fight. The old man raised his hands as if he was about to surrender. This caused a slight moment of hesitation thanks to the faulty programming the Sylvia was certainly regretting right now. The old man smiled and Aldir would watch as the pigment drain from his opponents face. The old man smiled revealing fangs, his hand turned to claws, and finally his eyes turned pitch black. The last thing that Aldir would see is the emptiness of those eyes. Now besmirches of God's will, I shall bring you salvation.

The mysterious old man was gone in a blur. The fight had begun which would clearly be indicated by Monaka and Fromage's eyes turned red. They had been programmed to handle opponents with super speed, but it seemed this one had some how already mastered this terrain. They both turned around as they heard the blood hit the floor. The old man had already decapitated one of the members of the 
SWAT team. He held the Vanguard's head in his hand and proceeded to drink the poor humans blood. The old man grinned but that would be short lived as Monaka's sword was already a centimeter from his face. Nevertheless the old man dodged narrowly and counterattacked with punch straight into Monaka's gut. The sentinel didn't even flinch when she was hit. In fact, if she could understand smiling she would be. Monaka grabbed that man's claw with her robotic vice grip and he soon found himself stuck. All he could do was look into Monaka's bright red eyes as he realized that it wasn't red eyes it was preparation for something far worse. Monaka was charging her laser vision and the man was about stab her eyes when a series of bullets entered his head. Fromage proceeded to headshot the life out of this mysterious man. And finally, Monaka literally fired a point blank laser shot at the old man. With the crackling of flesh the old man was forced back so much that his arm was literally separated from the rest of his body. While the fight may have been brief Sylvia was happy with the work that her Sentinels did. 

The old man's body was hanging off the side of the roof with a massive hole where his chest should be and his face littered with bullet holes. From a safe distance inside the safe area of her van Sylvia was smirking with her finger on a literal kill switch. Oops I think I turned the safety off. She said sarcastically as she was getting impromptu vengeance for that nameless comrade of hers. But it seemed she was picking up a faint sound coming from Monaka and Fromage's audio sensors. It was small it was faint, but she had to enhance it.

Padre nuestro, 
que estas en el cielo.
Santificado sea tu nombre.
Venga tu reino.
Hegase tu voluntad en la tierra como en el cielo.
Danos hoy nuestro pan de cada dia.
Perdona nuestras ofensas,
como tambian nosotros perdonamos a los que nos ofenden.
No nos dejes caer en tentacion y lo branos del mal.
Amen.

The soft voice of what could have easily been an Angel resonated in everyone's ears. Fromage and Monaka traced the source to the seemingly innocent 7 year old girl. Fromage instantly aimed her rifle at the child but the second the gun was aimed at that child Fromage felt the fury of a fist impact her face. It seemed that old man wasn't dead at all. If anything he seemed...younger. Nevertheless, Fromage was literally skipped off the roof into another building. This man only had one arm but the rest of his injuries seemed to have healed. A mutant that could regenerate AND enhance his own physical stats to this exponential level was going to be tough. Monaka went to engage but this seemed to be a tad more difficult than last time. The old man was delivering a flurry of kicks that managed to even dent her full metal body. She figured that the best move was to ditch using the man's arm and go full on with her sword. Unfortunately that was what the man had wanted all along. The second she flung the sword he jumped to the side and caught his arm in midair. But thanks to her programming that was part of her plan to get him off of the offensive. Since he did not fully regenerate a new arm that must have meant he probably gets by reattaching them. 

With a swift and fluid motion Monaka slashed clean through the man to where his top and lower half were completely separated. Blood was gushing everywhere but Monaka didn't look behind to see her handy work. Unfortunately Aldir would see that even in midair the body still somehow retained life and just as quickly as the body was severed...it reattached. This seeming immortal didn't even touch the ground before he grabbed Monaka by the back of the head and literally smashed her face to the floor. Then he proceeded deliver a stomp to the machines back sending her back down to the base of the building. The old man cracks his knuckles and proceeds to look at Aldir. Que lastima, good machines are so hard to build nowadays. Wouldn't you agree? 

"The ****?"

Aldir had adjusted his arm to fire bullets as soon as the "old man" went to fight off the sentinels.  Although Aldir wasn't grounded, he figured that at least some of the bullets would find their marks.  This would not be the case.  Whatever mutation the man had caused him to move faster than he could see.  The pure machines were handling things well, so Aldir took the time to duck behind the stairwell and load his arm with four explosive slugs from his pack, figuring those would have a better chance to hit his target.

When he popped back out from cover, he rushed forward, only to see that the man was nowhere to be seen.  All that he could hear was a gentle, ephemeral voice.  Before he had time to process what was going on, the now rejuvenated man leaped up from under the ledge and knocked one of the sentinels clear off the building.  Adrenaline pumping, Aldir fired off a slug.  A miss.  The man was now wailing on the second sentinel.  Aldir took aim this time, using he cybernetic foot for balance.  Unfortunately, the roofing under him started to give way, upsetting his balance.  A miss.  As he took aim once more, Aldir could not believe what he was seeing.  Being sliced in half did not even slow the old man down, as the sheer force of his attack sent the sentinel plummeting through the building to the ground.

I've got to hit!

The mutant, confident in his victory, turned to Aldir, though Aldir did not hear exactly what he was saying, focused on firing his third slug.  A hit!  Striking the man square in the face, Aldir smiled, though he would not have time to follow up.  The extensive damage to the building from the fight had caused it to give way, sending Aldir plummeting through the floors.  He came to rest three stories down, too beaten from the fall to even move much right now.

"D...dammit..."

*flashbacks to Leiro*

“Leiro...I think its time I gave you something that you should’ve received long ago…but it’s not here” while looking at the clothes that he was intending to give to Leiro. Although Leiro wasn’t interested in what the man in the white suit had to say but observed the room that was made out of wood or some kind of metal material.    

“Huh?” Leiro stared at him for a moment, Leiro thought for a second or two before replying. “It better not be not about one of your stupid books again!”

The man in the white suit twitched for he was shocked “I’m going to ignore you said that...” giving the impression of being serious at Leiro, “‘a’ weapon that belonged to government…though ‘it’ had forgotten every memory right before release....actually the night the war ‘it’ was sealed in under-secured ground of a base that worked with a movement of some sort.”

Leiro made a curious face “...this must be one strong weapon?”

The man agreed with a laughter “yup, it has taken down a lot of people who fought against ‘it’...and they all trembled at the might of ‘it’s’ power”

The man in the white suit nodded in response to Leiro’s unsure expression on his face, “yeah…they never got the hang of how to use ‘it’…you would need an insane amount of mind control,” as he giggled   “and the only person I know who has enough psyche ability to control yu...eh...well there is this bad woman Fushiki...you have to defeat her Leiro, I know you can!” saying with great passion toward Leiro while hold Leiro’s hands.

Leiro laughing as though he had said a joke, “but I’m what did the story had to do with me?”

Leiro floated while he stared at the atmosphere for all he could, his breathing had gotten worse and appeared pale trying to intake in air as if he was drowning. Sweating from his entire body he appeared to lose weight and his skeleton outline appeared slowly as though he was aging. Although not losing any of his focus on the blue sky. Leiro lifting his arms onto the sky, the wind calmed, for like a comet started to emerge and rapidly sky started taking a faint in color of blue. The sky instantly took a smoldering likeness of a gigantic asteroid about the size of an baseball field appear over the sky as though another moon had arrived from above. Leiro having stopped the asteroid in aerial as it now hovered over the planet. Leiro gazing at the populace under him “State your reason for the attack of three years ago before the War!” 

=Above the clouds=

• 2 weeks later...

The mysterious old Vampire looked as the slug come close to his face he was about to dodge but for some odd reason he didn't calculate the correct time to actually dodge the slug so he took the hit square to the face. That's what you get for showing off. Luckily the explosive hole in his face was starting to heal at an exponentially slow rate, but he was still conscious. He was about to lay the smack down on Aldir, but it seemed that the building was running interference. The building caved in thanks to all of the damage that it was sustained. The old man realized with out proper brain function he couldn't defend against this new event. Very few members of the SWAT team made it through the cave in, but those that did still had the camera's rolling hoping that this was enough. From a pile of rubble the old man arose from the gravel and there was a piece of tile in face and a shower head lodged in his knee. He winced as he pulled all foreign objects out of his body and he looked really annoyed.

Porque? Why would you do that? He said as he looked at Aldir's body somewhere in the distance. The vampire walked over to Aldir and laughing all the way. At that moment he heard a loud shot come from the distance and looked down and he noticed that someone shot his leg off. The old vampire lost balance and he fell to the ground. He went to reach for his leg till he felt another shot in his back. The vampire's face was a tad stoic bordering on the annoyed until he felt that old fashion feeling known as pain. Something he didn't feel this entire battle but he felt it now. and with his leg shot off, a bullet in his spine, and whatever was in that shell that blew his face open were all starting to come back to bite him. The pain was excruciating and he had hoped that there was some end to this. He turned around to notice Fromage walking up to the pile of rubble with her head turning side to side as if to fix her neck. The Vampire didn't understand why he could feel pain or more importantly why wasn't he healing. With stunned eyes he finally realized that the building falling was more devastating than he initially thought.

Right next to Aldir he would note that he was being lifted up from rubble that covered him. Monaka had elevated herself and lifted him out of the way. Upon closer inspection Monaka was holding the seven year old girl that had accompanied the old man. Several dents were in her face and they gave off the slight appearance of bruises. She dragged the mangled body of the child to the vampiric male who was slowly transforming back into an old man and she dropped it in front of him. Tears were coming down the old man's face as he just lost his granddaughter to battle. The tragedy, more likely the pain was way too much bare and he passes out.

The girl has sustain heavy amounts of damage, but I have managed to save the child during the initial fallout. Monaka spoke as she was reporting in to her mistress. The aggressive male mutant was subdued by one of custom negation bullets that the Vanguard specialized. Fromage followed up in her report.

After stuffing her face with danishes because of the nervousness of that battle Sylvia pressed a button on the control panel and started to command her sentinels. Gouff...jow (Good Job). She swallows. Now tell the other scientist thank you and bring me both of those bodies.

Monaka and Fromage turned around and looked at Aldir. Thank you for your invaluable assistance in this battle. Fromage picked up the old man's leg and his body. With Monaka carrying the little girl they both proceed to jet out into the distance and return to the car for maintenance.  

Archived