The X Class [PG16 / IC / Always Accepting]

Tormented

2eaue14.png

OOC Thread

[hr]

As Alec walked through the echoed halls of his base he felt the cold harshness of the latest events of the “war” he personally didn't like the term war, he had been in wars-this was just child’s play and that is the problem. When child’s play occurs accidents happen and sometimes accidents can cause far greater outcomes than what was intended. The racial attacks were a sign of this. Racial attacks have always been a start of something bigger, after the racial attacks it is race crime and then the genocide of said race.

The rooms were cold, much like the night. The sight of dust particles and snow breezing across the ground was a welcome sight to him, it instigated peace and prosperity and yet he knew in his mind that such an occasion would never occur, he hated not having peace but peace has been proven never to occur, at least not for long periods of time. Some might say peace is even overrated, but what becomes of the world when peace takes place of chaos? Madness. People become mad at the thought of living in a world of no troubles and that is why Alec can never have what he desires and yet he fights anyway, even he, himself cannot live without the chaos. It would be an imbalance incapable of righting itself.

Alec, began marching around his office looking for a way to get into the information he requires and quickly, he really did not want to send one of his own to their deaths and was willing to take the risk himself, his guards standing by the door took their leave as Alec signalled from them to wait outside, unlike other tasks this one had suddenly become far greater than he originally planned.

[hr]

The large building that housed the Nexian’s was far from the central hub of the city, it allowed their operations to be kept in a fair amount of secret whilst still being extremely effective. It had around 20 floors and was based around a mountain, some of the base was even situated inside said mountain.

The Vanguards have more of a manor type base. It isn't built for attacks-it more or less showcases the fact that they are the more “righteous” group, the building has housed political disputes as well as a place for criminals to be punished as the building had dungeons and many other forms of torture. It was apparent-that for mutants. This was a place to fear even if it was hardly defended to the point of being hostile.

And finally, the Foundation have an underground selection of rooms and defence systems set up for any trespassers, even though their base is fairly small in comparison to the Nexians or the Vanguards it was the most fortified and definitely the most aggressive. Many a number of Special Forces have tried to infiltrate it and fail, the base is known to all groups and the Foundation do not like to keep it secret.

So where do you stand? Begin your adventure and fight for your beliefs.

"Marina Etchlett - Senior Researcher"

Marina stood at a checkpoint in the elaborate underground base the Foundation calls home.  Two guards stood and blocked her way, one of which was clearly a mutant with the way the left side of his body had scaly skin, not unlike a lizard.  The other one was fairly average as far as guards go, and Marina herself was currently sporting her bluish liquid hair that made her infamous those years back.

"Hmm..."  The obvious mutant took Marina's identification card and scrutinized it for at least a minute.  "Okay, go on through."

Marina kept quiet as she went into the storage room; she knew that this particular guard did not like her that much, and liked to make her life as hard as possible.  Putting that thought to the back of her mind, she located her target - a keypad on the wall, and punched in her access code.  The wall to the left revealed itself as a sliding door, releasing clouds of cold air as the seal to the store compartment broke.

After looking at the boxes and vials within, Marina reached in and pulled out a small opaque box with numbers written on the side of it, no doubt what Marina came in there for.  With her business done, she pressed a button on the keypad and the sliding door closed and resealed itself.  Sighing, she left the storage room, walking past the guards, not looking back at them at all.

[I]I'll get this set up, and I'll finally be able to take a break[/I], Marina thought to herself, looking forward to being able to relax for a change.

Brennen was stationed just outside the base of the Foundation. From his perspective, he could look around the corner and have a good view of the guards' sides, standing erect and true - or so we'd want to believe because they are guards - in front of the entrance to the base. Brennen was tempted to prance over and make small talk with the guards, but he knew it would be futile to interact with such rocks.

Brennen's arm was in the shape of a pan, tossing sauted onions and peppers and kielbasa from the local market. Had the market not been so deserted of activity, the stand owner would not have left her stand long enough for Brennen to grab a few ingredients without being noticed. His conscience was practically gone during this time; Brennen was hungry and he wanted to eat.

The aroma of Brennen's meal made him salivate as he lifted a big spoon - his other arm - towards his mouth, when he saw someone walking up the path leading toward the entrance. Her blue hair was practically impossible to not notice, and from what he assumed, she wasn't just stopping by to visit.

"Hmmm..." Brennen heard one of the guards murmur as he was looking at the woman's card thing. Brennen remembered upon noticing it - he had one of those as well, "Okay, go on through." The woman, indeed, went through. Brennen grew curious; she, without a doubt, had a goal in mind. Regardless of what he wondered, he was still hungry. He took a massive gulp of the food on his massive spoon, giggling in delight.

"Hey, who's there?" one of the guards bellowed as he started walking in Brennen's direction, but was stopped by the other.

"It's nothing. It's just that kid with steel arms. Must be enjoying his dinner."

"What? You mean that Brennen kid? Where'd he get the food? He doesn't have any money."

"He's a member of the Foundation. We can't arrest him for such a crime. Let him eat what he pleases."

"And you call yourself a guard! People are losing personal profit because of thieves like him!"

Later, the woman came out with a box with numbers on the sides. Brennen was about done eating his share when he saw it; curiosity filled him, but asking what it was was beyond his area of comfort. He had no social skills whatsoever, let alone with females. He waited until she was out of hearing range and approached the guards, who tried to ignore him.

"Hey... you guys know exactly what she was carrying on the way out?" Brennen asked in half-whisper.

"How the hell should I know, kid? All I do is stand out here, scan ID cards, and let people in. I don't know jack about what's inside the base."

The other guard put a hand on the frustrated guard's shoulder, "Brennen, right? Listen... first of all, this guy's right; we don't know anything about what's inside the base. Second, you should know better than to approach us so casually with the crimes you've been committing here in Genesis. Stealing produce from the market, pickpocketing civilians, property damage... hell, the fact that you're not in a cell beats me up. Just lay low. Don't walk around thinking you're immune to the law. You might just end up being restrained with plastic chains."

"But my arms a-" Brennen caught himself, "...oh sh*t, plastic. I see what you did there."

Both of the guards grinned, "Now shoo!" Brennen did just that, skimming the trail where that woman walked down. He needed to know what she was doing.

William hadn’t left the confines of his domain in quite some time. In fact it had to have been years since he stepped outside, smelled fresh air or the hard rocky earth beneath his feet. No. No the leader of the Foundation had much more important work to do. Work that kept him up at night, filled his dreams with nightmares, and made everything he ate tasteless.

It was a living Hell. But it was a Hell he had to temporarily endure.

William lifted his head up from the desk covered seemingly at random with papers of various sizes and inscriptions, and looked around at his surroundings. Everything was in a haze and as William stood up he felt his sore joints popping back into place which forced a small grunt of relief to escape the older gentleman’s lips. Sighing as the pain turned into a small pleasure the Professor popped his back, rubbed his eyes, and saw that his vision was still blurry. “Oh right,” he thought and quickly took something off his desk, “My glasses.” Putting the spectacles back to their proper position Professor Bill tapped them three times on the left side and then another four times on the right side to get the glasses on perfectly straight. Now able to see William saw a figure hunched over in the corner of his room, moving ever so slightly up and down.

Quietly he walked over to the sleeping figure and shook it gently, so as to not startle her. When he finally managed to arouse her from her sleep the black haired girl’s eyes shot open and for a moment there was complete fear in them. That fear disappeared when she recognized Professor Bill’s face and her own softened into a warm smile as she looked up at him. Arms outstretched the Leader of the Foundation hoisted the girl up onto her feet and tugged the blanket she had covered herself with around her shoulders, greeting her, “Did you sleep well Aya?”

The girl didn’t speak a word and instead replied with a nod as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. When she yawned William couldn’t help but chuckle at her. Her, Aya, the only person he was truly close to anymore, was what made these years of almost complete isolation bearable. He had others he could speak with, but none knew him as well as Aya did. He could be himself around her, whilst around everyone else he was always viewed with absolute authority as “their glorious leader”.

“Do you want something to eat?”

Again Aya just nodded. William removed the blanket from the young girl’s shoulders and folded it, placing it back on the couch where she had fell asleep, and then walked over to the locked door. Outside he began to walk her to the massive cafeteria, Aya remaining a few steps behind him at all times, as she was trained to do, and they both could hear the loud sounds of the people inside eating long before they ever came upon the cafeteria.

[hr]

“Where the Hell am I?” Jake thought as he scanned the area around him. The last thing he remembered was going to bed and then, when he woke up, he was in a field with no explanation of how he had gotten there.  Now from the top of a tree he couldn’t make out a single thing that would give him even the slightest clue of where he had ended up.

Jumping off of the top of the tree Jake landed without much problem, patting the leaves off of him as he walked back out into the prairie and continued without aim. In his mind he went back over yesterday again and again to try and discover something that would give him a clue as to what had happened to him and how he ended up her.

Yet again and again he always reached the same conclusion. A conclusion he hated to admit.

He had no idea.

In his aggravation Jake stomped his foot hard enough that the ground beneath him shattered. His muscles tensed up as he threw both fists down and let out a scream so he could let out all of his pent up frustrations. The resulting yell unleashed his energy which cascaded off of him and tore through anything that was nearby, knocking the trees over and dashing across the grass like a harsh wind. When Jake had finished yelling as loud as he could he noticed the damage he had caused and looked down at his hand, “Hold on a tick . . .”

Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes and opened them again, a small ball of bluish white energy appearing in the palm of his hand. With a sigh of relief he tossed the ball of energy into the air and caught it when it fell back down again, almost missing, and laughed at himself, “Well at least I know I have this still . . .”

“And that,” Jake included noticing his weapons off in the distance along with a few other supplies he might take on an overseas trip. Squatting down in front of the supplies he rummaged through the backpack. Sure enough, it was as if he had packed it himself for an extended trip. His swords, razor wire, bottled water, change of clothes, all of it was there. Stuffing the contents back into his backpack, readying the weaponry to their intended locations, Jake snapped his fingers, “Well now the first order of business is to figure out where I am. Best way? Easy! Find civilization!”

At that Jake had thrown a fist into the air and laughed, only to lower his head in humiliation and start walking, talking to himself again, “You know, Lora would have a field day knowing I’m talking to myself right now . . .”

[hr]

“Excuse me! Uh . . . excuse me! Excuse Me!!” The red haired girl asked then shouted as she tried her best to get through the massive crowd of people swarming all around through the market place. When she had finally made it to somewhere that didn’t have people constantly trampling over she let out a sigh of relief and leaned against the mud stained brick wall behind her. At least she did until she realized it wasn’t mud that was smeared on the bricks. “Oh God, that is gross,” Lora thought to herself and unknowingly stepped back into the stream of people, being swept back up into it without warning. When she reemerged sometime later she was near a large public fountain that was working, but spewing out water that she wouldn’t drink even if she was dying. Thankfully the siding of the fountain was vacant and she sat down, letting her staff fall to her feet as she gave a depressed sigh, “Did I do something wrong?”

“I swear Dad if this is a prank I am so going to killing you!!!” Lora shouted believing that she was just once more the butt of a bad joke by her Dad. However, when five minutes passed and he hadn’t shown up she sighed and picked up the staff again, looking around once more to ensure he wasn’t peeking at her from behind one of the stalls, “Okay . . . so I’m not the victim of a prank. So then who brought me here and, more importantly, where am I?” Pulling the top of her shirt up to cover her mouth and nose, as to avoid directly smelling the stink that seemed to fill the entire city, Lora set to finding out where she was . . .

Possibly even something to eat when she heard her stomach protesting being empty.

Set up in the heart of New York City, a prominently famous Chinese restaurant called The Dancing Dragon was fairly busy today. This restaurant was fairly new, but for a new restaurant to get this much interest and business was pretty uncommon. It had two different types of areas - dine in and buffet - so your possibilities of choice were far greater than before, providing guests many choices to their cuisine. Shi, an employee who works as either a chef or waiter, depending on the shift, had to cover both areas of occupation and areas. You can hear him giving and taking raised voices of the other Chinese worker, all in their native tongue. Shi was glad for the business, since he would have enough money to get farther into his life than he did when he came to the States.

When most of the customers left, and there was only a handful, Shi took a quick break for himself, and stepped outside, where the breeze outside was nice and cool, easy to breathe. He found a bench next to the entrance and sat down, and gazed up at the sky and the clouds it harbored. He glanced back down, to see if any more customers would show up, and also saw the containment collars that were on his wrists. He leaned forward into them, and held his left wrist, thinking back about a few months ago when this all happened. . .

"... Kill them. The brought him into this world, they must be punished." The leader waved his hand upward to give a signal, and two soldiers that stood behind him, with Shi's parents in their custody, took aim at the torso, and pulled the trigger. When they fell, then leaned over, and shot each of them in the head. The returned to their initial position, guns aimed at Shi with the leader looking smug and egotistical. Shi was beyond enraged at what happened. This man whom he trusted his parents life over to, in exchange for imprisonment. Shi's wrists grew incredibly hot, and fire started to burst from the skin, burning his shackles till they began to melt, and broke free of his restraints. His enemy right now was in front of him.

His mind came back down to Earth when his little vision ended, and looked up. It seems that more than a few minutes went by when he saw the clock that was nearby. Ten minutes passed, and it seems that he took longer of a break than allowed. He got up from the bench, he brushed himself off and looked for anyone that would be coming in. Seeing as there was no one, he quietly stepped back inside to return to his duties.

"I can't believe I've been reduced to this type of work again," Lora thought as she sat on the bench in one of the local parks counting the money she had managed to pry from the many loose wallets of the residents. She had done this kind of thing when she was younger, before she was adopted, and lived on the streets. Back then it was something she felt she had to do in order to get money to eat. Now, having a job back home, where ever that was, she kind of felt guilty having stolen from other hard working people. She set the last dollar bill down in the stack of ones right in front of her and sighed, looking at the divided piles of money, "So I've managed to get eighty five dollars . . . well it's good enough to last probably a few days here."

Again her stomach growled and, digging into the backpack which she also had swiped when the vendor wasn't looking, pulled out an apple. With a single bite she spat it out and tossed the rotten core away from her, wiping her mouth when she finished getting the taste to go away. On her feet she kicked the rotten apple away from her, gathered her things, and looked around. She had discovered she was in New York some time ago, the buildings quite identifiable, but still had no clue how she got there. What was worse was she had no way back- no device nor knowledge of if there would be a rescue from her family. Lora stopped in front of a building, a Chinese restaurant called "The Dancing Dragon" and took a deep breath. Chinese food wasn't the best thing to solve an empty stomach for long, but at least was food.

And better, it was cheap.

"Hello?" Lora asked when she stepped inside, holding the door open and enjoying the air conditioning. Looking around she saw that the establishment was filled to more than capacity and had waiters, waitresses and cooks scurrying about to try and fill the orders or cook them. "Seems I should just sit down," Lora thought and made her way to one of the scarce seats available, looking through the menu.

[hr]

"Spare a ride sir?" Jake asked having walked for more miles than he cared to count to a gas station. Since then he had arrived, unwilling to walk anymore for a few hours, he had spent the passing of time trying to get a ride from any of the people whom would stop by to fill up their vehicles. Unfortunately no one was willing to pick up a transient like him right now, especially since he flashed his swords without hesitation. But staying at the gas station had done more than just cooled him off and let his feet rest. The gas station employee had been a great conversationalist since he was all alone and Jake learned not only where he was, but the date and even some current events which was going on in the world.

Bad thing, he was in New Jersey. Even worse was that the gas station employee had explained the growing concern about people who happened to have "strange and disturbing powers" and the growing movement that was being roused to capture them and remove them from society. Taking a cigarette from his coat and lighting it outside, as the employee wouldn't let him smoke inside, Jake exhaled the grey plume of smoke into the air and spoke to himself again, "So mutants, eh? Great seems I've gotten stuck in another world like X-Men. So I'm going to have to keep a low profile too . . . can't use my powers as I please anymore. Man! That's going to make things more complicated . . ."

Aldir Emerson was inside a laboratory.  Well, recreation room re-purposed into a lab.  It was spacious and had a ton of electronic equipment strewn about haphazardly, as if the owners just moved in.  The corner that Aldir sat in, however, was properly set up, complete with all the tools one needed to maintain a cybernetic body like Aldir's.  Next to him was his sister Francine, who had some wires connecting Aldir's arm with a small device she held in her hand.

"I still can't believe all this is inside a ***** mansion."  Aldir said outloud.

"Yeah yeah," Francine said, not really paying attention.  "And complete."  The wires ejected themselves from Aldir's arm at this point, retracting back into the device.

"Thanks sis," Aldir said, smiling.  He hadn't been close to his family since he left for college, but with everything that happened, Francine was his only family left.  He was going to make sure that this war will end quickly in memory of them.

"Remember, come back in two days for the next calibration," Francine said, as she continued poking at the device.

"Mmmm..." Aldir mumbled, his smile gone.  He stood up and made his way out of the room, but Francine called out to him before he exited the doorway.

"Oh and Aldir? Be careful out there."

"Hah, of course!"  Aldir replied, now full of energy.  Which was useful, as it was about time for him to head down to the range to practice some drills.

[hr]

Marina reached her car quickly enough; it was a simple vehicle, as she really only needed to travel between her home, the lab and the base.  She was given a lab in the base itself, but she only uses that one for more sensitive work.  That, and it was too small for her tastes.  Now ready to head back to her main lab, she reached into her pockets to pull out her keys, before stopping as she found them.  Feeling around her pocket a bit more, she located a small vial of her 'hair liquid', recently touched to keep a link with her powers.

"Who's there?!"  Marina called out, turning around.  Her hand stayed in her pocket, ready to pull out her 'weapon' when needed.

"Who's there?!"

Brennen gasped, then realized that what he was doing had no real meaning. Curiosity was his only motif, but where was he going with it? He made every effort to not make a sound as he slipped out of view behind some nearby boulders or trees, holding his breath.

Damn, he thought, what was I even doing? Where am I going with this? Is it even important? His stomach growled, which made him wince, f*ck, if she notices me, I'm dead. At the corner of his eye, he planned an escape towards the town nearby. Taking one last look at his soon-to-be enemy, he sneaked in that direction, jolting to a run with his arms flailing backwards with the momentum. As soon as he got through a gap between two houses, he knew he was safe.

...at least from her.

"Hey! Ain't you the guy who's been stealing from my stall?" A lady with several baskets filled with vegetables and fresh meat was shakily pointing at Brennen, more out of anger than fear, "THIEF! I WANT EVERY CENT BACK FOR WHAT YOU'VE TAKEN!" The whole town could hear such a booming voice, and people started gathering in that area. They seemed to have recognized Brennen. After all, who could forget the spikes coming out of his shoulders?

A riot was about to start, which Brennen was not in the mood for. He bolted through a clear path, provoking everyone that stood around it. Rocks were being thrown, but they had terrible aim. Brennen came across a horizontal post that held a sign. His arm turned into a steel lasso, which he used to swing up onto the roof of that house. From there, he jumped from roof to roof, headed towards what appeared to be a cafeteria. Immediately he thought of food, but the place was hopping. He knew it would be a bad idea to show his face at such a popular place.

He stopped running on top of the cafeteria roof, laying down on the side that had the least attention on it, which wasn't saying much considering most people saw the suspicious figure jumping onto it. It was frowned upon in town to climb onto the roofs, but Brennen was notorious for it, so he assumed they thought it was him. I mean, who else could it have been? Santa Claus?

A [url=http://static.metanorn.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ZnTF01-000255-325x182.jpg"]child[/url] with spiky yellow hair walked into the hall, watching as the guards stood outside. Standing at about 4'7", the kid was rather short. His eyes were a brilliant sky blue mixed with a purple. Smiling innocently, the kid walked into the room. Looking at the man within, he called out. [i][font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#FFCC00]"Hey Alec~! What's the news?"[/color][/font][/i] The man in question was Alec, leader of the Nexians. At this current moment, the man appeared as an adult male around the age of perhaps 20-30. Short cropped hair, grizzly stubble, a perpetually outlined vein, a grim expression, and dark eyes made for an intimidating appearance to some, as well as the ink-black trench coat. The boy however, knew him from a [i]long[/i] time ago. Both himself and Alec could change their appearance, although Alec could change his appearance more drastically between different personas, while he himself was more of changing his appearance by showing himself as older or younger. Alec was 160, while he himself was rather ancient as well. The boy was known as "ειρηνοποιός", or "Peacemaker". Since this can be a mouthful, as well as not being a normal human name, his alias is "Halcyon Melodias", relating to his love of peace. To him, Alec was one of the kindest people he knew, willing to sacrifice himself if it meant his "family" - what he referred to his fellow Nexians as - would be out of danger. He also knew that Alec carried a large burden, but did not show it, not wanting to worry his family.

Walking up to Alec, he peered at the man innocently, weaving around as he observed his friend. [i][font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#FFCC00]"I know something's wrong. I'm guessing it's something new about [i]the feud[/i] that I haven't figured yet, but you don't want to tell me, because you don't want me to worry? It's fine, you can lean on me. You know I'll help you out anytime."[/color][/font][/i] Cocking his head as he smiled, he solidified, trusting in Alec and the security of the base. Remaining standing up instead of taking a seat, from respect to the commander, he waited for a reply. Twiddling his fingers, he created a small ball of light. Imagining an image in his head, he projected it onto the tiny ball, and a pristine view of the Earth appeared. This wasn't used for spying or such, but was merely for entertainment and similar purposes. Watching it spin slowly as it hovered over his index finger, ειρηνοποιός's eyes twinkled happily. [i][font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#FFCC00]"Look Alec! See this? I wish everyone was happy and the Earth could be happy and clean again, without all the fighting."[/color][/font][/i] Trying to uplift Alec's mood, he showed this to his friend. ειρηνοποιός had one of these little tricks usually one time or another, and had a new one almost every day, usually showing it to Alec first, sort of like a morning practice almost.

When he returned inside, he didn't notice someone walk in behind him. One of his fellow co-workers that was standing a few feet in front of him commented about the girl who was walking behind him, and that she just waltz into the fine dining area. Shi turned around quickly and found that a girl was indeed walking in without being guided to an appropriate area. She looked a bit rugged, so she probably didn't have the most amount of money possible to waste. He walked up behind her, and saw her hold the menu, which the prices of the cuisine were really expensive, at least $20. He leaned over, and tapped her on the shoulder, and gave a small toned word of advice. "Perhaps you'd be better off coming with me to the 'all-you-can-eat buffet' right?"

Shi turned back to see his co-worker and told him to keep an eye on her, and that he didn't trust her. Not that she could understand, since she wasn't of Chinese descent, which was fairly obvious. He looked at her within a second, and felt this thief-like vibe coming from her. He didn't like the vibe, and was glad that he had nothing valuable on him, except some cash after the last few tips he picked up. He just hoped that she wasn't daft and that she would follow him to the buffet area.

"You think you're the only ones who matter. You think you can put off death. But that peace made you foolish and thoughtless. If you kill someone, someone else will kill you… this hatred binds us together. I want you to feel pain, to think about pain, to accept pain, to know pain." as Leiro lifted the man from the Foundation, controlling this own hands using them to strangle himself as the young man floated above the ground while Leiro stood there watching “pieces of trash like you, bring this upon others, War brings death.. wounds and pain to both sides. There's nothing harder to accept than the deaths of those you love.. So you believe they could never die..now die” now as the man strangled himself to death as he floated above the ground. [spoiler="Moment song"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdvbD3vyMdA&feature=player_embedded[/spoiler]
Leiro set toward the city near by as to wearing the man’s clothes and inherited his belongings and cash, heading down the cool snow path as snow seemed to have no effect on this health as he came from the mountains…

“Leiro came I wanna tell you something” as she said “what is it Mairam?” as he came to her looking at her as she smiled happily, “you’re the best and even if you were to live me I want you to know that” as she started to cry “what do you mean, am not goin_” “Leiro!, come we have to go the big mans are coming, come!” as his mother called him “I love you” she smiled with tears as she run off “ wait_” then scorched to flames as paper being burned, Leiro couldn’t understand what had just happened “Leiro!” his mother called, running toward her, “mother what happened” as his mother run to get the bucket full of water, Leiro watched her do it around ten times as she tried stopping the flames as she succeeded, the bombings begun again but as they started his mother had lifted the body and looked at Lerio who had tears coming out of his eyes but Leiro seemed not to act like he was crying or sad but helped his mother with a smile with no other emotions, but the tears seemed not stop as Leiro acted as though he wasn’t crying, now digging a hole his mother run off to stop the ‘big men’ known to Leiro as he saw them fight his mother ‘Leiro run, RUN!” standing up and racing off into the woods as looking back..[spoiler="Moment song"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYNgqXLqzW8&list=LLQ5n73Y7VdsqG5mAsLi_t4Q[/spoiler] as he saw her taken, Leiro stopped moving soon he felt as though he was close to the sky as he looked up the sky, things started to move fast around him, flames, screams, as though it was a tornado around him, coming to his senses the field of tress was now a plain lushes of wood, metal, fires, bodies. Leiro as he was looking for his mother only finding that they too had died so as his village and father all gone in blink of an eye, running as fast as he could to get away, looking back only once, “Va-ngu-ards” as he saw “Fou-ndation” emblems he run into the vast forest.

Heading into the - Fine Buffet Dining Restaurant, with the cash he had he could was just enough of him, as he booked his own place he now was ready to set his next goals ‘hello, are you from the”Fou-ndation?” this bought back some memories as how she said the Foundation ‘err, no_no I mean yes” replied nicely without eye contact as people looked at him finding him quite an handsome person as a loner seemed out of place, layout the section and floor plan of section build of vanguard storage and analyzing it…

OOC: He is in the Buffet eating and working on the plans.

Alec turned away from the window to greet ειρηνοποιός, his eyes changed from a less brash brown to a more welcoming blue. "Not so much News my friend. Just problems, alas I don't want to douse my troubles on you." He slowly walked back towards his desk, the sound of his boots tapping against the floors echoed in the rather spacious office. He looked at the ball and smiled. Imagining what the world would be like as a truly peaceful place. "It is a shame, I used to know the world as a beautiful place, now. It is merely a hole of chaos." He pointed towards the chair on the other side of the desk to signal for him to sit down.

"Unfortunately it has come to my attention that a mass killing of mutants will occur at some point, as "punishment" for being mutants, but I can't allow that to happen. I then have the thought of whether doing it peacefully is even an option." He sunk his head into the desk before lifting his head up once again. "I feel my assistance will be required but I don't condone fighting on a personal level." He took a pack of photos out from his pocket and laid them onto the desk.

"Here." he stated, pointing his finger towards an image of a business sector. "This is where it will happen, I have already found information that this will occur above The Vanguards main basing area. Whether this is intentional I do not know." He then relaxed his back into the chair almost taking a more casual positioning.  "I have no one powerful enough to save these people without their lives being at risk."  He then placed his elbow onto the desk and looked towards ειρηνοποιός. "Whatever the case I need to be involved. What are your thoughts on the matter my friend?"

Alexander stood silently at the main entrance of the Foundation’s dining hall, an oddity even among the collection of passing mutants, and freaks. As always he wore his jet black straight jacket, along with the usually combination of faded gray jeans, and a pair of military style combat boots; all of which seemed to be slightly too big for Alexander’s frail looking form.

Ignoring the constant looks of disgust he received from the lower level mutants, as they proceed into the cafeteria, he continued to wait patiently for the Foundation’s Leader’s arrival. His bright green eyes were completely void of emotion, and the dark patches near the bottom of his eyelids were the only evidence that he had been waiting there all night. But that wasn't much of a problem, due to the fact that Alexander had long since become accustomed to sleep deprivation.

When William and Aya finally approached, he bowed his head, and spoke in his usual melancholy tone. “Good morning Sir, did you sleep well? Oh, and hello, Aya…” As Alexander greeted the pair, the doors to the cafeteria swung wide open; their handles enveloped in a dull green light, signifying that Alexander was using his powers to manipulate them.

As Marina walked down the hallway to her laboratory, she could hear the screams of people coming from the direction of said lab.  "Please let this be my imagination," Marina muttered to herself as she broke into a run, stopping only once she reached the entrance to the lab.  It was a mess.  There was clearly a struggle, and two of her colleagues were still being held hostage by some criminal or other.  As she walked in, one of the hostages began to speak.

"What good will the information on that computer do you?" he asked.  The criminal huffed and hit the scientist in the shoulder.

"We're mutants, we should be free!  Not tied down by human style laws!  Why do you work for that *human*?" the criminal retorted.  "When my allies get done running through storage, we'll be blowing this place skyhigh!"

Marina said nothing as she stepped to the side in front of the computer the scientist was most likely speaking about.  Indeed, there was something being copied to a pocket drive hooked up to it.  It was complete, so she unplugged it and pocketed the drive... and pulled out that vial she was about to use back when she thought she was being followed.

"A world without laws, that's what being a mutant is all about..." the criminal was cut short by the sound of something shattering at his feet - as he turned around to see what it was, he lost his balance and fell down on his behind.  "What?"

"You guys, out of here, now!"  Marina called out, and the former hostages responded quickly, evacuating the room.

"You...." the criminal growled.  Just because some aspects of Marina's research makes it harder for mutants to do crimes, she gets targeted.  Well, not like she isn't used to it - it's why she lives inside the base now.  "I will kill you...!"

In that moment, Marina used her powers to turn the ice under him into an adhesive, making it harder for him to get up.  And for good measure, Marina sounded the alarm.  Marina took one glance at the one who threatened her friends, then took off for storage before her foe could use whatever ability he had on her.

1 hour and 45 mins after the planning from the Fine Buffet Dining Restaurant:

“Hey, where’s the plan” said one man with a suit of the foundation as he seemed to want the ideas of the Leiro, who was capable to know the escape and routes to take due to Leiro’s perceptive in architecture, “So now what’s the main entr_” cutting off the man before finishing,

“Entering here and there will be the best alternative and whereabouts to escape is right here, shall we go?”  Without eye contact he had now taken control of the group but to them no one knew his true goal some knowing that his plan was just the hate of foundation and that’s his only goal while other thought not.

Next day toward goal at 8:14 pm, while the gang is habiting the lab…

“so, now where would be the helmet, ahh!” looking above the shelf and seeing the helmet how could this be so easy as Leiro thought to himself, lifting the helmet with his powers and as well as the helmet was lifted the off it’s platform which it was placed on seemed to have a layer that could sense if something had moved the helmet but the helmet lifted by Leiro’s gravity proved keep the same force fooling the sensor to thinking nothing had been moved, as he successfully completed his task, now over hearing screams and slams downs of things, Fools there now in a trap, it’s there problem am done here, as long as of the destroy this whole place up , now just to take my escape as them fools will lure the attraction and by having them go the wrong escape route will result in their death and the foundation for both evils must be destined by death  as Leiro thought to himself, came this gorgeous woman that gave Leiro the hots as she seemed to be surprised who had the helmet and was in the storage, but momently he lifts the helmet and places it on his head, “So? What’s your move, this place will explode if you try to stop me as to why am here, is meanless…”     

Marina came to the storage entrance and saw that the guards were knocked out cold; something was going down in there, yet the alarm was not sounding.  Entering the storage area itself, the scientist came face to face with an unfamiliar face, who was wearing that prototype helmet.  That helmet from Daniels which was supposed to do ...something... with psychic protection; it was not her project and she didn't know all the details, but needless to say the man put all his efforts into that prototype.  Marina could not let this man go free.

Marina took one step forward, but the man issued a warning, saying that if she stops him the place will explode.  Given the fact that the man broke in for the helmet suggests that he is after some sort of material goal - either a reward or the helmet itself.  Marina decided to call his bluff, figuring that such a man would not willingly blow himself up.

A direct one-on-one confrontation would probably not end well for Marina, but there was something she could do.  "Her move," as the burglar put it, was to quickly toss her keys that lay in her pocket to her right - landing in a restricted zone.  The existence of matter there when it was not authorized caused alarms to sound throughout the compound - the fabled Foundation defense would have a job to do today.

The rumblings of footsteps from the Foundation mobilizing was music to Marina's ears.  Still, she kept her eyes on the intruder.  "Well, it looks like *I* won't be the one to stop you," Marina said.

When ειρηνοποιός heard Alec saying he didn't want to concern him in his own issues, the kid sighed. "Alec, please tell me you're seriously not still going on about this 'I won't worry you with my own problems' thing. At least for me. You're the head of the sole organized group who wants peace. Your 'own problems' affect everyone. Everyone, in our group, and everyone else too. And as for the world, it still is beautiful, but the inhabitants of it ravage themselves. The jewels like this will remain unchanged through time. Which is why we're here to try to have co-exist. I find this whole issue silly anyway. If I was a regular human before any of this occurred, I'd have dreamt about having superpowers like those in books. Sometimes I wonder if people fight for the sake of fighting, which saddens as well as confuses me. I find no joy in fighting, at least not to a severity like this. You know, people might also be jealous, of at least those who look more human, like us. Being able to look normal and have fantastical powers. But it's not the fault of others like us who just don't appear as human. It just is. It's natural. And people pick on it. For as long as I can predict, people will continue to argue over petty debates like this." He sighed.

Shaking his head gently when Alec motioned for him to take a seat, he continued to listen. ειρηνοποιός's face twisting when he heard the grim news, he gripped his head for a moment, wincing as a brief lance of white-hot pain struck him. This was a small nuance, but to him, the anger in the world seemed to take a physical toll on him at times. Nodding his head in agreement as he heard Alec being against the fighting, his eyes closed, when he heard the sounds of paper being laid on the desk. Opening his eyes to look at what turned out to be photos, he observed them. As Alec revealed a photo of the Vanguard's base, explaining this is where it had been slated to occur, ειρηνοποιός closed his eyes, lowering his head in genuine worry. It certainly did seem to be intentional, a display of dominance or whatever else the Vanguard thought up. When Alec asked him for his opinion, he raised his head. "You might not have anyone powerful enough offensively, but defense works fine as well in my opinion. No offense to you either, but in the very heart of the Vanguard, I don't think you'd stand a reasonable chance. You are not going to say you're going by yourself either. Leave someone in charge that you can trust, but not me. I'm going with you. My ability Tranquility should stand up to most efforts the Vanguards could make. To be honest, I have doubts myself about my ability. A number of things could go wrong. We work best as a team though, but we'll need absolute stealth. Go in, I set up my ability hopefully before they notice, and hope that all of our kind can fit inside. I really have no ideas to manage to escape though. I could jump off the roof, but that'd be rather painful, as well my own shield maybe failing if I hit the ground, possibly resulting in my death. Also, the others might have problems with this too in jumping off a roof. Calling a transport would result in it being destroyed utterly by the Vanguards, because they are rather loud, and would need to enter my zone before it would be safe. Going back down normally would be a problem as well. A transport out seems the best option for now. I'd ask - not demand - the elite captains of whatever vehicle that we have is the most silent and versatile to this environment. Getting in will be just as much, if not more, of a pain, considering security as well as it being on the roof. My best idea for getting in would be to either use something that hopefully disguises us as a human, if we have anything like that, or to use a vehicle like before, and manage a HALO jump, but you know, with better technology so a massive parachute doesn't give everything away. My other ability will protect me, but as far as I know, it won't extend by touch. I can't think of something for you. Do you have some technology for yourself or something that can temporarily transfer powers? Those two are the best ideas I have, but they are crude, risky, fraught with unseen variable change possibilities, and more. I'm sorry… Alec… I don't have any better ideas right now. This is the best I have."

"Hello?" Lora asked when she stepped inside, holding the door open and enjoying the air conditioning. Looking around she saw that the establishment was filled to more than capacity and had waiters, waitresses and cooks scurrying about to try and fill the orders or cook them. "Seems I should just sit down," Lora thought and made her way to one of the scarce seats available, looking through the menu.

Lora had been so intent on trying to find something from the menu she wanted she hadn’t noticed the waiter walk up behind her and when he tapped her on the shoulder she gave a slight jump, her heart also leaping in her chest.

“Perhaps you'd be better off coming with me to the 'all-you-can-eat buffet' right?”

“Uh well,” Lora began a bit embarrassed she had been startled so easily. Where did all of those years of training to make her tough go? The man seemed to be a bit anxious to get her fed and out of the establishment, the man’s co-worker mouthing for the waiter to ‘keep an eye on her’ and that he ‘didn’t trust her’.

Lora had long since learned to read lips, a useful skill her Dad said is “completely underrated.” She knew that the men weren’t wrong not to trust her, what with the way she looked, but it still irked her that they felt that way about her. It annoyed her so much, in fact, that she flapped the menu open and shot the waiter a nasty glare, declaring, “No. I’ll be having an ice cold Coke, little ice, some miso soup, and a plate of sweet and sour chicken with another side of Chinese Rice.”

“Got it?” Lora added once she had finished ordering, folding the menu closed, and shoved it into the waiter’s stomach. She had been ruder than she meant to be, later hoping she hadn’t gone too overboard so that they’d ruin her food.

After all, she was starving . . .

[hr]

William and Aya had made the long trek from the Foundation Leader’s laboratory and had almost reached their destination.

The cafeteria

Unlike most cafeterias which was designed to house only just a few more people than it normally has, William had the men under his command open up the cafeteria so it could house tenfold the number of people it kept at all times; William explained this by stating, “I simply want to be able to house as many mutants who seek refuge with us as possible.”

Indeed William had achieved that singular goal. The cafeteria could now easily feed one thousand mutants and, if pushed to maximum capacity, would feed four thousand.

William stopped and looked behind him when he felt Aya tug on the hem of his sleeve, her body pressing close against his back. She was shivering and he knew why. With a sigh he turned back and addressed the mutant who stood silently in the doorway to the cafeteria, “Hello Alexander, yes I slept well, thank you for asking. How have you been?”

Aya didn’t answer Alexander, instead insisting on hiding behind William and clinging to him for comfort as much as possible. The doors to the cafeteria swung wide open, Alexander using his powers to manipulate them, and the three of them walked inside discussing how Alexander was being treated and if he needed anything done to improve his stay.

While William, Aya and Alexander ate at the cafeteria they were blissfully unaware that a dangerous confrontation was underway in Marina’s lab with an unknown offensive party . . .

Marina had taken one step forward, deciding to call the man’s bluff, and tossed her keys to her right.

[hr]

The moment the keys landed it set off the sensors and an alarm rang out throughout the entire base of the Foundation, alerting everyone to the fact there was danger. Like a well-oiled machine the defenders of the base sprang into action, assessing the situation and figuring out the best course of action within minutes. Of course that did not mean William would be left out of the loop, a high ranking officer bursting into the cafeteria and shouting to his leader, “Sir William! We have intruders! Command has also located possible detonators throughout the complex!”

“I’m aware,” William said just raising off of his knee, the metal below him having turned liquid and dripping from his fingers where it went back to a normal state upon hitting the ground. William turned his head and looked at the commander, “I’ve sealed off all of the exits so they can’t get out and I am certain you’ve sent a contingency force to deal with our intruders.”

“Yes sir!” the commander said and nodded when William gave him the order to join his men. Even with the intruders being captured the bombs might cause more damage than William was calculating. Worse, they were spread apart too far for Aya. A spark went through William’s mind and he glanced at Alexander, “Alexander, we need your power right now. Assist Aya in pin-pointing every single bomb. You must keep focus on every single bomb, got it? I know you can do this . . .”

William gave Aya a nod and the girl scooted away from her Leader and hesitantly wrapped her small, thin fingers around Alexander’s palm. Her cold hands squeezed his hand tightly and she shook from nerves, closing her eyes so she could focus her powers to prevent the bombs from causing any damage.

[hr]

The rumbling of footsteps from the Foundation was music to Marina's ears; still, she kept her eyes on the intruder. 

“Well, it looks like I won't be the one to stop you," Marina said as a group of armor wearing Foundation soldiers burst into the room, weapons drawn and aimed wildly at anyone within sight, “Freeze!”

Recognizing Marina, but uncertain if it was really her or an infiltrating mutant with the ability to change their appearance, the Foundation soldiers kept their guns aimed at both people and ordered them on the floor. If one was to bolt or show the slightest resistance they would shoot without hesitation, though the bullets were only designed to knock the target out instantly; William’s special serum for “non-lethal combat”.

[hr]

“So where did ya say ya wer headin’ bud?” the hippy asked through the back open window of his beat up old truck to the hitchhiker he had picked up off the side of the road. Jake had left the gas station a while ago, intent on just walking since no one was giving him a ride, and thankfully had been picked up by the hippy with large, thick pink tinted glasses a few miles afterwards.

Of course he had tried asking if certain cities were close by, using the opportunity to further narrow down his location, but when none of the cities he asked about rang a bell in the hippy’s buzzed mind he just gave up and asked to be dropped off at the nearest bus station so he could get a ride “back home.”

Back home.

The mere thought of it made Jake chuckle after he told the hippy for the fourth time to drop him off at the bus station. Jake hadn’t been “back home” in so many years he began to wonder what had changed about it, if it had changed at all. “Maybe I can find the old neighborhood and see,” Jake began to think before his trail of thought was derailed from a particularly nasty pothole, knocking the back of his head against the siding of the truck.

“Whoa man! That was a gnarly hole, hu?”

“Yeah . . . gnarly,” Jake repeated and grumbled while he rubbed the back of his head. As the duo continued to travel the Indie radio station “Free Bird” was listening to was cut off by a special report- long story short, a group of mutants were terrorizing a city close by and a group called “The Vanguards” was currently on route to “protect the citizens from the rampaging mutants”. Without warning “Free Bird” served over three lanes of traffic, nearly throwing Jake out of the back of the truck, and took an on-ramp heading towards the battle.

“Where are you going!? I thought you were going to drop me off at the bus station?” Jake asked sticking his head into the smoke filled cabin of the truck.

“Change of plans my man!” Free Bird said with a smile, the bud hanging loosely from the corner of his mouth, “Those Vanguard are nothing more than a bunch of mutant haters! If they get to those poor defenseless children of God there’s no telling what they’ll do to’em!!!”

“So . . . what . . . you’re going to go save the mutants?”

“Yup”

“Are you a mutant Free Bird?”

“Nope,” Free Bird admitted with a smug grin, pressing down on the pedal, “Just a child of God trying to do good deeds.”

“Free Bird you’re either a very brave man . . . or a completely out of your mind,” Jake said, assuming the Vanguard would be armed, but grinned and pulled his head out of the truck’s cabin and slammed his fist on the roof of the truck “Either way you’ve got my respect! What the Hell, let’s go save some mutants Free Bird!!!”

T-Minus 30 Minutes Until Arrival to Mutant/Vanguard Battle

It seemed as if it was time to catch some specimen. In a l large government issued vehicle headed for New Jersey, Sylvia Rose was making some final adjustments to Fromage and Monoaka. It was time for her to show off her work and hopefully get awarded some kind of grant that would allow her to mass produce her sentinels. Schematics were checked and everything was running well. All of her data showed that her girls would be fine in the field of combat, but nothing is better than actual field work. While in the vehicle heading towards New Jersey she had reflected on her time at the large non-secret mansion. She remembered another colleague enhancing his own body with some kind of cybernetics. If she wasn't so busy being anti-social she could have made a new friend. But maybe this exercise will be just the ice breaker she needs. Yes that will do it! They can share mutant capturing stories. The irony of a mutant working for the government to catch mutants totally escapes her. Nor does she consider herself a Judas to her kind because that would imply she cared about mutant strangers. 

The road was bumpy however. An odd amount of cracks in the street that caused the massive vehicle to make full use of its shock absorbers. HEY! CAN YOU AT LEAST PRETEND TO ACT LIKE YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE! She yelled at the driver. It wasn't that he was damaging her sentinels with his bad driving its just that she had prepared desert like snackage to eat while she watched her sentinels destroy things. The driving was threatening the safety of her snackage. Now that all the preparations were done and the two sentinels were online all looked like it would be well. Alright girls, go out there and get to work mama needs a new Hadron Collider.   

Location: Highway coming from New York heading to New Jersey.

As Leiro heard the sounding alarm following with his eyes as where the keys had fallen,

“Hmm?” as Leiro looked clueless/ confused

the rumblings of footsteps from the Foundation mobilizing, as though this happened Leiro seemed to show no panic or emotion whatsoever, just as he looked around but gaze a little more to the left wall in the storage,

"Well, it looks like *I* won't be the one to stop you," the woman said.

As said, more did the sound develop toward the place where there were,

“So this is it?” said Leiro as the group of armor wearing Foundation soldiers burst into the room, still as his face faced the wall but his eyes seemed to give attention to the group in front of him, weapons drawn and aimed wildly at anyone within sight,

“Freeze!” the group of soldiers said look a bit confused and hesitant, Leiro had now a little grin

“Don’t be, am the villain…” as said they got intense a little more “…I hope you all know some physics provisions, to understand that the force around you keeps you from touching anything or should I say I feel everything around m-me,..” as the moment to finish his last words while without movement except his fingers which he push  the first finger to the palm of his hand,

<Throwing off the guards off their feet, repealing the wall next to his left >

“My lady I wish to see you in the next life, seek me if you want, that is if you can ah-ha-ha!”…as this happened after havoc caused by Leiro when used his gravity manipulation potential to bombarded the storage wall with nothing to the naked eye, as now an opening in the room, but after that action, the soldiers being knocked off their balance, they now try regain their stand

“Stay low, trash! for I will show you God’s hand” as now floating in mid air, “Do you recall those men that were in your lab, claiming they had bombs?...They did, only fact they didn’t know was that they were bombs themselves, those who kill in the name of evil will be judged by death themselves”, pulling from his pockets and to his hand a device that seem to have the idea of a bomb…

Location: Mid Air like 1 o’clock in front of the group out side of the storage.

"I wish they'd give us more warning for these missions," One of the soldiers in the transport said.  Aldir, who was sitting across from him , took his time to examine his allies for the coming mission; about half had cybernetic limbs, though he was the only one  whose weaponry was built in. 

"Well, these mutant situations can appear almost anywhere," Aldir said.  "We just gotta be ready, anytime, anywhere."  Aldir flexed his mechanical arm as to show it off, to the groans of everyone else in there.

"You know that you're not the newest piece of tech around anymore, Emerson," one of the soldiers said.  "We've got some chick who got some robots on the mission with us today."

"Robots?" Aldir raised an eyebrow.

"Afraid they're going to replace us?  Not even your gun arm is safe"

"No robot can think like a human can," Aldir replied, pointing to his head.  "If anything we'll be over them, hah!"

"We've arrived! Get out there!"  A voice sounded through the vehicular transport.  Aldir and the others stood up and began piling out of the vehicle... soon to be in combat.

Location: Vanguard Staging area for the Mutant suppression mission

It seemed like the entire earth shook around William as something exploded inside the base. Looking around he cursed to himself and himself alone, believing that one of the bombs had gone off, and glanced back at Alexander, "Change of plans . . . we're going on the offensive. Come on!"

Without another word William took off down the hallway with Aya following close behind. Because of how the base shook and groaned from the explosion inside William had a good idea where the incident had happened, but not enough that he'd be able to get there in time. As he ran he reached into his back pocket and flicked a radio on, shouting into it, "This is William! Can anybody read me!? I need detail on the location of the blast!!! I repeat, I need the location of the blast and status on anyone injured . . ."

Through the radio the William heard the announcement of the one who had caused the explosion, ". . . . they had bombs? They did . . . . they . . . . bombs . . . . elves . . . ."

William got a serious expression when the sound of gunfire erupted through the radio, forcing his legs to take him faster and faster still. He had to get there in time before anyone was injured, but first he had to relay the information between everyone. Clicking the radio again William warned everyone that the men inside the base were, more likely than not, the bombs themselves. Once he had gotten a confirmation from everyone, some of which had already captured their targets, William instructed those that could minimize the damage or prevent it to remain with the targets and try to save them while everyone else evacuated to a safe distance.

[hr]

Jake peered down at the small town that had erupted into a violent display of mutant power. Well, Jake only knew it was a rampage because the news had claimed it so; he had long since learned not to trust everything he heard on the news. Thick plumes of smoke billowed up from burning houses and cars as the sound of gunfire rang out mixed with the screams of people trying to run for cover. "So . . . I have to save mutants but," Jake thought and continued to examine the situation from atop Free Bird's truck. He had managed to convince Free Bird that running headlong into the fray would only result in getting them killed. Cracking his knuckles Jake had a plan, short of, and looked back at Free Bird, "Alright Free Bird, stay here and keep the engine running for me."

"What man!? You're leavin' me!?"

"I need you to stay here so you can get as many mutants out of here," he explained and gave a nod of approval before running towards the battle. He was going to not only save as many mutants as possible, but humans as well.

Sliding down into the seemingly empty streets Jake pressed himself against the shattered brick wall and peered out. There were men wearing armor roaming around everywhere and had guns aplenty. "Seems I'll have to be more careful than I thought," Jake thought and ducked into the building before they rounded the corner.

Alec cocked his head back "The organization is mellow enough to run itself, I'm assured no one will step out of line." He lifted himself off the chair, before using his telepathy to lift the photos back into his inside pocket. He ruffled his hand across his stubbly beard in a motion of thought before having a concept in mind. He turned sharply and walked back towards the table "Presuming they are using an anti-air system which is tracking our location through motion, now most modern anti-air systems only track above a certain point as otherwise alerts would be coming in from traffic on the ground and then there systems would be going mad. Anyway back to my point, if we fly low enough with the stealth mode engaged on my personal jet it should be enough to hold roughly 15 of us Nexians and not alert the Vanguards security due to the weight in the aircraft. We then disguise as normal civilians. Which for anyone with shapeshifting abilities should far from be a hassle and anyone without abilities will fit in as they do not look suspicious." His eyes darkened as the plan begun to get deeper.

"Considering the amount of people who will be attending this 'Event' they will have difficulty tracking who is who which leaves us a nice gap to pop up your Tranquility and take the ratway back to the mountains and lose them in the ratway, the only difficulty with this is making sure the guards lose us." He brushed his hair back and used a motion of bringing down a larger structure. "I could in theory take down one of the Vanguard bill boards and block the ratway entrance thus giving us time to get back to the base." He began marching around the room obviously thinking about any other possible escape routes. 

"It would be risky but it is the only logical way I can think of at the moment, do you have any possible other ways of going about this plan?" He asked ειρηνοποιός calmly as his body returned to the more subtle blue eyed version of himself.

And it seemed that the battle for New Jersey had begun. The vanguard and government forces were hard at work tracking down and hunting mutant kind, but who could have thought that there were so many mutants capable of fighting back. On her radar she saw that there was one neighborhood were the mutants were more organized. The containment collars weren't even working. Sylvia noticed that this was the perfect opportunity to test her Sentinels out. With a snap of her fingers Fromage and Monaka were activated. They both gently stepped out of the ATV and scanned the area trying to figure out what was the optimal route to go pursue their targets. After a second of computation the two girls literally jetted off. 

In the distance in one of the more down trodden neighborhoods. Vanguard agents found themselves under heavy fire. It seemed like it was a finite group mutants. The scanners picked up ten but the onslaught just felt like there was more. In addition to that it seemed like the scanners picked up many different mutant signatures at many different locations. One of the agents in charge pulled out his communication device to radio for help. "Damn it, the scanners are on the fritz again. We're getting creamed out here. We need back up!" On the other end someone was going to respond in a professional manner but Sylvia had already taken hold of the intercom. HA! Just stand down and relax you cavalry has already come. Just make sure you record them when they go to work. The radio went silent as she hung up. The agent was literally pissed as it looked like he was about to die. He turned around to see a young Latina female cracking her knuckles. "So you think you can come up in our neighborhood and mob deep on us! Nah papi, you ain't bout that life. The girl put her hand next to the wall of the building the agents were hiding behind  and with her touch she blew a hole through the building. Stupid government. She reached for this mans head until the last things she heard was the wind blow and a swish. She looked in front of her to see what looked like a nun with a katana. The F**K! The girl yelled. The nun didn't turn around to acknowledge the creature as she simply kept her head forward looking towards  her goal. The random Latina mutant was furious and she tried to make a move towards the nun but the second she applied pressure to her leg she felt it. Her brain's pain receptors finally picked up on what happened. The Latina's left leg was cut clean off. The Latina fell to the ground and she was screaming in pain. 

Monaka simply moved forward to engage the other targets.

"Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. 

A black teen saw the devastation of his girlfriend and he went on explosive frenzy. He had the distinct ability to manipulate the atoms in only certain pockets of air. In short he could cause explosions. He started to detonate the air around Monaka and surround them with expolsions. This was to know avail. Monaka shot out of the smoke with her blade drawn and used the sheath to the assailaint into a nearby building.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron.

Two more mutants came with regular guns from the side. It seemed like there ability was more status boosting. The gift of keen targeting as it were. They were about to open fire on the Monaka but they both seemed to be shot in the face. From the alley way where the Vanguard agents were now hidden and in shock another nun like construct slowly made her way to the center location. Fromage began to continue the scripture 

Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potters vessel. 

They both entered this random apartment complex where the showdown was taking place speaking in unison. 

Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little."

And all of God's children said...Amen.

The walked down the halls looking for the rest of the targets. But it was amazing to say the least that in less than two minutes they had taken out four of the targets. Unfortunately it looked only one was alive. 

Epic War Battle

"That's the last of them," Jake thought dragging one of the unconscious people who had the unfortunate timing to be caught between the battling mutants and the armed military, "At least I hope it is." For the past hour or so Jake had done nothing more than dart in between buildings and rescue anyone who happened to need rescuing. Thankfully in the middle of battle neither side seemed to take the time to notice a single figure running around gathering people and taking them somewhere.

That somewhere was to Free Bird's truck, where he loaded them up and sent them along to a nearby outpost for medical treatment. A Vanguard medical outpost, but Jake didn't care at the moment; as long as they got treated.

Now that all of the normal innocents were out of harms way, Jake could pay attention to ending the conflict as quickly as possible.

From his vantage point he could see the entire battle. Every little horrific detail displayed out for him. Vanguards murdering mutants as they tried to run away. Mutants blatantly killing the Vanguards with just as much prejudice.

It sickened him.

It pissed him off.

"Take that! And that! And that! And that!!!" one mutant, a teenager with his hair dyed a brilliant orange, shouted as he threw balls of fire at the Vanguard soldiers who got too close. The fire did not burn the men, only temporarily stop them. Luckily that was enough for another mutant, a little girl with hands abnormally large, to sneak up amongst the men and press her hand against their bare flesh.

The moment her hands made contact with the Vangaurd's skin they froze still, paralyzed by her mutant ability. When she had gotten to safety a large man, nine feet ten inches of pure muscle, lobed a small Prius to force the other Vanguards to retreat and shouted, "Nice going Deb!"

"Yeah! We'll show those mutant haters what we're really capable off!" the orange-haired youth shouted and snapped his fingers to make a small flame appear on his thumb, "And let's start by burning these fools to a crisp!"

"Ten . . . no twenty meters," Jake thought setting his hands on the ground and crouched into a sprinting position, "Shundo!" Without warning Jake disappeared and reappeared with his right fist swinging at the orange-haired youth's face. He had no time to react and was sent flying into a nearby building, crashing through the boarded up windows.

"Damian!" the large muscled guy shouted and then turned when he heard Deb screaming in terror. The man's eyes grew wide seeing her being thrown high into the sky and then was forced to refocus his attention when he saw the stranger coming towards HIM.

After Jake had sent Damian flying he threw both of his hook swords at Deb, grabbing her by her elbows; it took a flick of his wrists to send her flying. Now almost on the other man Jake ducked out of the way of his fists, rolling along the length of his arm, and used his knee to jump onto his shoulders. Hook swords back in hand, as they were attached by razor wire, Jake hooked the man's ankles and used them to send him flying where he'd land and break the girl's fall; the impact would paralyze the larger man, but the girl wouldn't die from the fall.

"Freeze!" one of the Vanguards shouted, the group of mutant hunters having regrouped and come back for another offense. They didn't know if Jake was a mutant or not, though the way he moved wasn't certainly human.

"Why you little-" Damian began. Guns aimed at him, Jake tossed his hook swords to the ground. Slowly the Vanguard advanced towards him, one holding out a containment collar. With a smirk they stopped and were forced back when Jake sent a wave of energy to explode in front of them, and turned to Damien and shouted, "GET YOUR FRIENDS AND RUN!"

Damien had grown up on the streets and knew when to get when the getting was good.

Now was the perfect example of when to get the Hell out of dodge.

Deb wasn't too badly hurt, despite how high she had been thrown, but Duncan definitely needed help to move. Thankfully Free Bird, worried about Jake, had drove his truck down into the battle. With Free Bird's help Damien was able to put Duncan into the bedding of the truck and all make their escape.

Jake on the other hand remained. He could still hear the battle going on. There was much more to do.

When he spotted the Vanguard re-approaching he raised his voice, "I'm not here to fight you! BUT! I suggest you leave now or else!"

Jake hoped they'd choose to leave now . . .

Archived