Ice Barrier Support [3 cards]

Darj

I wrote a Field Spell Card a while ago that recently entered in a contest.

Then, I updated an Ice Barrier monster I made long ago into an Xyz.

Now I made another Ice Barrier Xyz with a different Rank to post the 3 cards in a single thread here:

[spoiler=Field Spell]

EUDT9Bx.jpg
While you have an "Ice Barrier" monster on your side of the field or in your Graveyard, neither player can Special Summon more than 1 monster per turn, except for "Ice Barrier" monsters. Field Spell Cards cannot be activated while an "Ice Barrier" monster is face-up on the field. "Ice Barrier" monsters on the field do not require their owner to control another face-up "Ice Barrier" monster to activate or apply their effects.

As far as I know, the DT lore never mentions what exactly the "Ice Barrier" is (a building, a city, a kingdom, etc.), so I went with its name and made it literally an ice wall.

Basically, the first effect is a Summon Limit for non-Ice Barrier monsters, sticking with the restriction-theme of Ice Barriers. As Ain once pointed out, rather than making Ice Barriers to be on-par with the meta, this card slow down the other decks to their level.
Unlike Summon Limit, this card doesn't count Normal Summons. This has 2 purposes:
1. Give to opponent's the chance of defending with up to 2 monsters per turn and ocassionally Summon a Synchro/Xyz.
2. Decks that can perform multiple Normal Summons or don't rely on Synchro/Xyz Summons won't be that much affected by it, allowing them to keep up the pace against Ice Barriers and, in a way, keep them on check.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Xyzs]

tqJ9ytF.jpg
2 Level 4 "Ice Barrier" monsters

While this card in Defense Position has Xyz Material, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate 1 (any) of these effects, depending on the number of "Ice Barrier" monsters you control;
• 1: This card's original ATK becomes 2300. Then, you can return 1 card on the field to the hand.
• 2: This card's original ATK becomes 2500. Then, you can destroy 1 card your opponent controls.
• 3: This card's original ATK becomes 2700. Then, you can banish 1 card on your opponent's field or hand.

A couple of rulings on this card:
- You are able to pick which effect to activate even while you meet the requirements for more than 1 effect. For instance, while you control 2 Ice Barriers, you can pick either the first or second effect, and if you control 3+, you can pick any of the three effects.
- Neither of the 3 last effects target.

Inspired on the 3 Dragons of the Ice Barrier, and an neat way to reference them now that 2 are forbidden.

Altough it is a nice addition to Ice Barriers, I designed this card to work better with Spell Barriers, a variant of Ice Barriers that runs Spellcaster Ice Barriers (some of them Level 4 like Spellbreaker and Dance Princess) and Secret Village.

rT4IkIT.jpg
2 Level 3 "Ice Barrier" monsters
When this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: Choose 1 of your opponent's Monster Card Zones. While this card is face-up on the field, or you control an "Ice Barrier" monster and this card is in your Graveyard, that Card Zone cannot be used (monsters using that Card Zone remain on the field). Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card: Monsters Normal or Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field this turn are changed to Defense Position.

Another Spellcaster Xyz for Spell Barriers. Her first effect was designed to work even when it is Special Summoned through Bahamut Shark, another Xyz Spell Barriers can Summon.

The second effect is handy, but Xyz Summoning Rank 3s with Ice Barriers should be an unconmmon play: the only Level 3 Ice Barriers worth running are Defender, who is better left on the field with its effect active, and Shock Troops possibly as a side against WATER decks. [/spoiler]

Archived