[Finished]Theme Support Contest

TFMegamanlan

The old themes, don't we love them? From the Dark Magician theme to the Elemental HERO's and all the way to the Synchron Themes. The themes we all love from the old days... But many of them are fairly outdated now and are unable to take on the current decks effectively. Now here is your chance to give those sets the little push they need!

Rules:
1. All YCM Rules apply
2. The cost to enter is 2 points.
3. 1st place will get 60% of the Pot, 2nd will get 30% and 3rd place (if 5 or more people join) will get 10%.
4. The Contest ends on Nov. 15th
5. You may enter up to 5 cards but only 1 will end up in the top 3.

Card Making Rules:
1. The theme must have started in or before Raging Battle.
2. For this contest, as the Infernity and Dark World themes are currently Tier 1 (...low Tier 1 near the highest Tier 2 but still are heavily sufficient deck) Infernity and Dark World theme cards will not be accepted.
3. The Card must be apart of the theme.
4. The card(s) must not make the Deck easily a Tier 0 Deck. (I don't mind if it has the possibility to do so, but it cannot be the reason to make the card.)
5. The card can be anything, you are not limited to what the Deck was going around then. (For example, you can make an Elemental HERO that is a Synchro or Xyz Monster even though that deck was not based around those types)

Judging:
I will be judging cards based on how well the card mixes into the Deck and how versatile the card works. Cards made to combat only 1 other kind of deck will not do well, but cards that can work against several decks will rank higher. Also if I'm going between 2 cards, I will more likely choose a card with proper OCG Grammar then the other one.

I am also accepting others as Judges as well. If you want to judge, Please PM me and I'll add you as a judge.

Judges:
TFMega (me)

Contestants:
Poseidonbt
Alastar Rainford
Someone_incarnate
Gadjiltron

Good Luck one and all and have fun!

I will post my first three cards. I will post the other two if i have time.

The first Supports the "Invencible Fortress" Deck

D7Z12Yu.jpg

While this card is in your hand and you control one face-down Defense Position Rock-type monster, you can reveal one "Criosphinx", "Hieracosphinx" or "Guardian Sphinx": discard this card and Special Summon the revealed target; then, draw one card.

The second one "supports" "Alien" archetype.

PkNb4es.jpg

Once per turn you can detach one XYZ material from this card to target any number of "Alien" monsters in your graveyard and distribute the same number of A-counters. When this card is removed from field, you can remove 2 A-counters from the field to target one card on the field and destroy it.

The third one supports "Arcana Force" archetype.

ddfCEnQ.jpg

When the effect of a "Arcana force " monster is activated, toss a coin.
Heads: you can negate the effect of that monster until the End Phase and make it gain 600 ATK untill the End Phase.
Tails: Take 400 damage.

So, while I still have my ideas fresh, let's get to work. The entries are all designed to support Venoms.

cZpi3ap.jpg

(picture source: Death-Hood Cobra, MtG)

Once per turn: You can target one face-up monster on the field; place 1 Venom Counter on it. This card cannot attack the turn you use this effect. Monsters with Venom Counters on them cannot attack or change their battle positions.

The thing about Venoms is that they're mostly squishy. A monster poisoned with a Venom Counter could still walk up to a Venom monster and crush it in battle if sufficiently strong. So why not prevent this from happening, while forcing your opponent to watch their monsters succumb to the poison?

DS6kUYd.jpg

(picture source: Tangle Asp, MtG)

If you do not control a face-up "Venom Swamp", destroy this card. You can discard this card to the Graveyard; add 1 "Venom Swamp" from your Deck to your hand.

Venoms love their Venom Swamp, because without it, their Venom Counters do nothing.

9zajs41.jpg

(picture source: Rotting Fensnake, MtG)

2 Level 4 Reptile-Type monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: Place 1 Venom Counter on each face-up monster your opponent controls. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 "Venom" or "Snake Deity" card from your Deck to your hand.

So I tried making a card that helped Venoms with search what King of the Feral Imps can't touch. Most notably, it can dig up Offerings to/Rise of the Snake Deity just to make Vennominaga easier to Summon.

DU7IduG.jpg

(picture source: Screams from Within, MtG)

Monsters with Venom Counters on them have their effects negated, and cannot activate their effects.

Everyone loves effect negations, so why not a card that paralyzes those who are poisoned?

n5R7ahK.jpg

(picture source: Viper's Kiss, MtG)

"Venom" monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each Venom Counter on the field. While you control a "Venom" monster, your opponent cannot Set monsters or flip them face-down.

Eventually, the opponent is going to start trying to Set their monsters to avoid them getting poisoned. Nope, there's no escape.

finally finished them

this card supports "HERO" archetype

9mJhVYd.jpg

"Elemental HERO Sparkman" + 1 DARK Warrior-Type monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Fusion Summoned: Send 1 DARK monster from your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy 1 card your opponent control. Once per turn, if a face-up "HERO" monster(s) on the field would be destroyed, you can banish a total of 2 DARK and/or "HERO" monsters from your Graveyard instead

these 2 cards support "Phantom Beast" archetype and since there is a "Mecha Phantom Beast" sub-archetype nowaday, i use Beast-Warrior-Type "Phantom Beast" text

R40yWiX.jpg

2 Level 4 Beast-Warrior-Type "Phantom Beast" monsters
While this card is face-up on the field with Xyz Material, all Level 7 or lower Beast-Warrior-Type "Phantom Beast" monsters are unaffaceted by the effects of Spell and Trap cards. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and send 1 "Phantom Beast" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon up to 2 Beast-Warrior-Type "Phantom Beast" monsters from your hand. They cannot attack this turn.

TEocK71.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard while you control a face-up "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beast" or Beast-Warrior-Type "Phantom Beast" monster, you can destroy 1 card on the field and draw 1 card. If that card is a Beast-Warrior Type "Phantom Beast" monster, you can either Special Summon it or sent it to the Graveyard and draw 1 more card.

this card supports "Lightsworn" archetype

f8gComf.jpg

If you have 4 or more "Lightsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard: You can Tribute this card and 1 other "Lightsworn" monster; Special Summon 1 "Judgment Dragon" from your Deck or Graveyard, ignoring the Summoning conditions. When this card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard while you have 10 or more monsters in your Graveyard, add 1 Level 8 or higher Dragon-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

this card supports Umi-Dragon theme

G5RXoYx.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned or fliped face-up: You can target 1 WATER monster with 2000 or more ATK you control and 2 cards on the field; destroy them, and send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard. While "Umi" is on the field, this card can't be destroyed by card effects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And so the judging has finally come to an end and I bet you all have been waiting for the results and they finally are in!

Well first off thanks to all the participants!

Next up, as we only had 4 participants there will be only 2 winners.

1. Gadjitron
- Winning Card: Venom Anaconda

I love this card's ability to not only put Venom Counters out, but also to search out all the cards of the Archetype is very good card that the deck needed plus it doesn't make the theme jump to Tier 0 which was the exact goal of the contest. Good job!

2. -Someone-
Winning card: Phantom Beast Spark-Horn

I like this card's power to keep the Original Phantom Beasts from Spell/Traps which was nice. The ability to pull Phantom Beasts from the hand worked great and it also doesn't work with the Mecha Phantom Beasts which I also like. Overal, it will not break the archetype which I also like.

Good job everyone and have a Great Thanksgiving! If any of you want my opinions on the other cards, please PM me or post here. I'll be sending out points soon.

Archived