An Experimental Contest (Finished) (next contest underway)

SunKistRebelution

I have been toying with the idea of a new type of monster card. It is called a Warden Monster, and it is an attempt to bring boss monsters back to the main deck by using the extra deck as fodder.

The rules for Warden Monsters go like this:

1. They go in the Main Deck.

2. You cannot have more than one copy of a particular Warden Monster in your Deck.

3. They cannot be Normal Summoned.

4. They will have a number of materials listed. To Special Summon them from your hand (which must be done as the first Special Summon) you must banish the listed materials from your Extra Deck.

5. When they would be sent to the Graveyard, they are placed randomly in the Main Deck instead. Then, you have to shuffle the Deck.

Hopefully this idea intrigues the minds of a few members out there. Here is an example card:

[spoiler: Example Wardens]

9tOHsza.jpg

OPl5jrd.jpg

[/spoiler]

NOW, as for the RULES of the contest:

1. Your task will be to create your very own Warden Monster. Written cards are allowed, but pictures are really pretty. Keep that in mind.

2. Entries will be posted here, in spoilers. They will also have their lores posted.

3. The deadline for entries will be 12:00a.m. on Wednesday, November the 20th, 2013. My judgments on them will be issued as quickly as possible after the deadline.

4. This contest will be voided if less than four participants exist by the above deadline.

5. If you have a complaint to be issued about the rules for the card type, message me personally. DO NOT POST IT HERE.

6. There is no entry fee. I will be providing the prize points.

-The winner will get 100 points.

-Second place will get 50 points.

-Third place will get 24 points.

-I am free to add more points to someone's entry for originality or add donated points to the pot.

Welcome! They are Main Deck Monsters, so we won't be using Synchros or XYZs and they aren't Ritual Monsters per se. If you or any one else is talented in photoshop and would like to make a specific card template, I am not unopposed in the slightest. However, without such a development, effect monster template works the best.

I will go first

[spoiler='Here's my card']

O3jkBWM.jpg

1 "Crimson Blader" + 2 Fiend-Type and/or DARK Warrior-Type monsters
As long as this card remains face-up on the field; neither player can summon Level/Rank 5 or higher monsters. During either player's turn, when an effect of a Level/Rank 5 or higher monster is activated: You can have this card lose 1000 ATK and DEF; negate the activation and destroy it.

[/spoiler]

This seems interesting. I'll definitely try.

[spoiler='This is my attempt'] FmesPVT.jpg
[spoiler='Lore'] 3 Level 4 or higher Fiend-type monsters
When battle with a DARK or Fiend-type monster is declared by this card, this card gains 700 ATK until battle damage is dealt. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Let me know if I got the idea down correctly.

so this is another free-entry contest, then i'm in :)

[spoiler='My Warden!']

VXEh5X1.jpg

Lore:

1 LIGHT Dragon-Type Synchro Monster

Must be Ward Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If you Tribute this card for the Tribute Summon of a LIGHT Dragon-Type monster and this card is returned to the Deck; that monster gain the following effect:

● When this card is Tribute Summoned: Target 1 of your banished LIGHT Dragon-Type Synchro monster and take damage equal to its ATK; this card gains that monster's effects.

note

- i found out that many Warden monsters seem to hold an almighty stat and effect, so i'm thinking about a Warden that can use as a support card and this card suddenly come into my mind :lol:

- please tell me if this monster summoning isn't called 'Warden Summoning' or if they already had the part "cannot be Special Summoned by other ways" in their type (Warden monsters) since you didn't mentioned this in Warden Monsters' rule so im not sure about them.

[/spoiler]

Changelog

"Warden Summoned" to "Ward Summoned"

@Hikari-chan: Thank you for your entry! I'm glad that someone finally did a Warden with the intent of it being used as support. It has a really interesting effect. Now, as to the effect, the Warden Monster type can be Special Summoned in other ways, but it must first be summoned with the banishing of materials from the Extra Deck. This was stated in the rules (the first #4). 

Also, as to the high stat trend, I probably started that with my example card. Know this, though, Wardens with only 1 Material and lower stats or with no effect at all are more than welcome; just make sure that the cost fits the reward. That goes for everyone.

Additionally, I have not named the type of summoning. I was thinking about Ward Summon. Any other ideas are welcome from you, the people.

Ok! Heres my entry:

[spoiler= To help those pesky C Numbers during a slump]PnJdTzL.jpg

2 Level 4 or Rank 4 Monsters
Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if you control this card on the field, you can equip it to 1 "Number C" or "Cxyz" monster as an Equip Spell Card, OR unequip the Union equipment and Special Summon this card. When the equipped monster destroys a monster by battle, and sends it to the Graveyard: put 1 "Armed Counter" on it, it gains 500 Atk for each "Armed Counter" on it. Those Counters count as Xyz materials. You must pay 500 Lifepoints before the equipped can detach an Xyz material. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time.)

[/spoiler]

Had to do some stuff for college, would've probably gotten this in earlier if I wasn't busy with it. Enjoy and have a great day!

finished!

[spoiler='Here's my second warden']

rtlicln.jpg

1 "Archer" monster + 1 FIRE Warrior-Type monster
This card can attack while it is in Defense Position. If this card attacks while in Defense Position, apply the ATK of this card for damage calculation. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target and take 700 damage.

[/spoiler]

Well, saw that contest a few days ago and I don't see why not entering if it's free. 

This my Warden monster:

[spoiler=]

knight-hero-robotic-warden.jpg

[/spoiler]

I've designed a template for them 'cause I have templates for any monster type. I don't see a reason for you to not want a new template for you new type of monsters but if you don't like it you can contact me and I'll make something else :)

By the way, Warden Monsters need to Warden Summoned right? I may make some support to those kind of cards...

Well, saw that contest a few days ago and I don't see why not entering if it's free. 

This my Warden monster:

[spoiler=]

knight-hero-robotic-warden.jpg

[/spoiler]

I've designed a template for them 'cause I have templates for any monster type. I don't see a reason for you to not want a new template for you new type of monsters but if you don't like it you can contact me and I'll make something else :)

By the way, Warden Monsters need to Warden Summoned right? I may make some support to those kind of cards...

according to the Warden's rule, i believe that Warden monsters originally can't summon from the deck since they're semi-nomi monster that will reset their effect when they go back to the deck so i think no need for that "non-Warden monsters" text, however this's only my opinion not from the host so you can just ignore it, thx for reading ^_^

so i can post a second card? then this time it should be a powerful card (since last time my monster is weakest T^T)

[spoiler='Come forth, my warden!!']

0LscIAl.jpg

1 LIGHT Warrior-Type monster + 1 Fairy-Type monster
This card is also treated as a Fairy-Type monster while face-up on the field. This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.

[/spoiler]

according to the Warden's rule, i believe that Warden monsters originally can't summon from the deck since they're semi-nomi monster that will reset their effect when they go back to the deck so i think no need for that "non-Warden monsters" text, however this's only my opinion not from the host so you can just ignore it, thx for reading ^_^

I thought that too but I written in as an ensurance because then the card will be very broken, someone will be able to destroy it on purpose and then summon a monster and that Knight HERO Robotic Warden as well and then destroy it again and well, you've got my point.

And for the host: I'm sorry  that my card is too generic, I just have a custom archtype I've made called "Knight HERO" that it's purpose is quick Synchro and Xyz Summoning and since I didn't had much support for Xyz Summoning i figured that bringing 2 monsters at once will be a great start :) 

Archived