[Finished]round contest (cancelled)

Awesum13

this is a contest with different rounds. the rules are simple:

1. the fee is 5 points, but donations are encouraged, and if you are a newcomer, it is free to enter.
2. the contestants and pot total will be posted directly on the contest page.
3. i am the only judge.
4. the prizes are as follows: 1st gets 50%, 2nd gets 30%, and all other participants get points divided as evenly as possible from the remaining 20%.
5. the contest is organized in rounds, and will be posted below the pot.
6. the contest entry closes when i get a pot of at least 50, and i get 15 competitors, or when round 1 is over.
7. round one is starting as soon as i get three participants.

8. if you win a round, you have a choice of either getting an advantage in the next round or becoming a judge with me instead for the next round only. if you become a judge, you and I will discuss the cards on a separate message between you and me. just post your decision as "a" for advantage in the next round or as "b" for becoming a one-round judge.

contestants:
Hikari-chan
Gadjiltron
-Someone-
Dark Fetus

Koutari

pot:
130 points

victors:

round 1: -Someone-, with Lisa, girl of purity; Soul-binding machine; and Lisa, the killing machine!

round 2: hikari-Chan
round 3: TBD

round requirements:
round 1: create three monster cards, two must be monsters that are totally unrelated to each other, and the third must be a fusion monster that has the two cards as the fusion materials, and points will be added if the image looks like a good fusion of the other two, and if the effect is a good fusion. no trap/spell monsters allowed, and i would appreciate it if you made the card and didn't write it out. Judging will begin on Thanksgiving. Good luck!

round 2: create a set of nine cards, each from the same set, that include cards from other card series. for example, you can make a set of nine cards based on the Pokemon card series. You must make at least two spells and two traps. You must include the original card in the post. Since -Someone- won the last round, they will not have to follow this rule, or they can be a judge in this round. Deadline is 1/1/14. good luck!

round 3: you must make 12-20 cards, to demonstrate the aging process. an example of this is the gigagigo series for the monsters, from gigobyte to gogiga gagagigo. you must have a card for each of the following stages: infant, toddler, child, preteen, teen, young adult, adult, middle age, old fart, and dead dude. you must also have at least 3 spells and/or traps. I would advise you to make the  cards with he same start: "life step (insert stage here)". the deadline is valentines day. good luck! also, the winner of this round will not be able to become a judge in the next and final round. they will have an advantage.

alright since the requirements appear i will go first

[spoiler='My cards']

AW7c1CM.jpg

During your opponent's turn: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to select 1 face-up monster you control; that monster is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the End Phase.

pVdPKdj.jpg

During your Main Phase: You can tribute this card to target 1 face-up non DARK monster your opponent controls; change it to DARK Machine-Type monster and take control of that target.

gNCAjcC.jpg

"Lisa, Girl of Purity" + "Soul Binding Device"
You cannot Summon monsters. While face-up on the field, this card is also LIGHT-Attribute. If this card is in face-up Defense Position on the field, destroy this card. The controller of this card must attack with this card if possible. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card attacked: Destroy the monster this card attacked. Once per turn, during your Battle Phase: You can discard 1 card; this card is unaffected by other cards effect and cannot be destroyed by battle until your opponent's End Phase. When your opponent Summoned a Fairy-Type monster; destroy this card, then add 1 "Lisa, Girl of Purity" from your Graveyard to your hand.

[/spoiler]

I'd like to get in on this.

Points sent.

Edit: Going to post my cards on the assumption that I've been accepted. If not, I'll take them down.

[spoiler=Rawr]

[spoiler=Overlord Hyperion]

cns7.png

[spoiler=Lore]When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Overlord Hyperion" from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of "Overlord Hyperion", you can add 1 "Overlord Hyperion from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Harpie Inquisitor]

h3gi.png

[spoiler=Lore]This card's name becomes "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. When you Normal Summon a WIND monster, you can add 1 WIND monster from your Deck to your hand with ATK equal to or less than that monster.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Harpie Empress]

yfkz.png

[spoiler=Lore]"Harpie Inquisitor" + "Overlord Hyperion"

This card's name becomes "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. This card gains 200 ATK for each WIND and FIRE monster you control. If you control a face-up "Overlord Hyperion", this card cannot be selected as an attack target. If this card were to be destroyed by card effect, you can banish 1 "Overlord Hyperion" from your Graveyard instead.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

just finished it

[spoiler='Here']

[spoiler='Silvia, the Legendary Knight']

DIszfxt.jpg

If you control a DARK or Fiend-Type monster; destroy this card, then take 1500 damage. If this card battles a LIGHT monster; destroy this card at the end of the Damage Step. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: You can negate an activation of a card effect that target this card, and if you do, destroy it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='ZW - Celestial Armor']

WsHiA59.jpg

You can target 1 "Utopia" monster you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to the target. It gains 1800 DEF. Once per turn, if the equipped monster would be destroyed by a card effect: inflict 700 damage to your opponent, instead. You can only control 1 "ZW - Celestial Armor".

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Celestial Crusader - Silvia']

CbXmscL.jpg

"Silvia, the Legendary Knight" + "ZW - Celestial Armor"
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect, it is not destroyed. During either player's turn: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target, then this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the End Phase. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Hello, with the pudding'] [spoiler='1st Fusion Material'] 7YlTCXQ.jpg
[spoiler='Revenant Lore'] A melavolent spirit, created from the evil acts it commited in its former life. It wonders the world, searching for a chance to redeem itself so that it may be able to move from this world to the next. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Fusion Material Numro Doce'] UIN08sR.jpg
[spoiler='Lore of The Dragon'] This card can attack as many times equal to the number of cards in your opponent's hand. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Fusion Monster'] CKQBKa4.jpg
[spoiler='Revenant Dragon Lore'] 1 "Arkane Dragon" + 1 "Revenant of Night"
This card is also treated as Zombie-type, while on the field and in the graveyard. If this card is sent to the graveyard as result of battle, you can banish the cards used to Fusion Summon it from the graveyard, in order to Special Summon it to the field, in face-up defensive position. [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Hope you like :)

[spoiler='Hello, with the pudding'] [spoiler='1st Fusion Material'] LOdFylp.jpg
[spoiler='Revenant Lore'] A melavolent spirit, created from the evil acts it commited in its former life. It wonders the world, searching for a chance to redeem itself so that it may be able to move from this world to the next. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Fusion Material Numro Doce'] UIN08sR.jpg
[spoiler='Lore of The Dragon'] This card can attack as many times equal to the number of cards in your opponent's hand. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Fusion Monster'] p13JNVR.jpg
[spoiler='Revenant Dragon Lore'] 1 "Arkane Dragon" + 1 "Revenant of Night"
This card is also treated as Undead-type, while on the field and in the graveyard. If this card is sent to the graveyard as result of battle, you can banish the cards used to Fusion Summon it from the graveyard, in order to Special Summon it to the field, in face-up defensive position. [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Hope you like :)

the type is ZOMBIE not undead. fix and i will accept. all others are great!

Submissions:

[spoiler The Emotionless]PA0PojU.jpg

Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up non-Xyz Effect Monster; this card's effect becomes that target's original effect, and this card's name becomes that target's name. These changes last until your next Draw Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Legion]DB5uzFs.jpg

This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.[/spoiler]

[spoiler The Faceless]0pqX5Rh.jpg

"The Expressionless" + "Legion"
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Negate the effects of all other face-up monsters on the field. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up non-Xyz Monster; equip that target to this card. (You can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card with this effect.) This card gains ATK equal to half that equipped monster's ATK, and gains the equipped monster's effect(s). If this card would be destroyed, destroy that equipped monster instead.[/spoiler]

So if I choose to continue as a contestant I don't have to make a S/T? hmm that's sound great since some cards aren't required any Spell or Trap to maximize their potential, however I also want to know the benefit from being a judge with you, and I will decide this after that. :)

round 2: create a set of nine cards, each from the same set, that include cards from other card series

So, those 9 cards must be from the same booster in the card game we're adapting from?

Also, what are the judging criteria for this one? Will it be based on how balanced it is, or how well it was ported?

What are the judging criteria for this one? Will it be based on how balanced it is, or how well it was ported?

this is a good point. I will judge mostly based on how well the cards work together, and slightly on how similar the card is to its original. also, you must

use the YCM.

So if I choose to continue as a contestant I don't have to make a S/T? hmm that's sound great since some cards aren't required any Spell or Trap to maximize their potential, however I also want to know the benefit from being a judge with you, and I will decide this after that. :)

remember, this is for one round, so it is only temporary. however, judges will get up to an 8-point donation from me if they judge great. also, you will be alerted to the next round before anyone else is, since we will discuss it.

when the deadline of round 2?

[spoiler='anyway, here's my cards']

Original TCG: Magic the Gathering

[spoiler='Ajani's Pridemate']

xZAtNPE.jpg    perra8nr45_EN.jpg

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned, if you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "Ajani's Pridemate" from your hand or Deck. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a LIGHT Beast-Warrior-Type monster. When this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a LIGHT Beast-Warrior-Type monster's effect: Gain 600 Life Points.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Goldenglow Moth']

XibBHIT.jpg    Goldenglow-Moth.jpg

Lore:

When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand), then change the attack target to this card. When this card is attacked: Gain 1000 Life Points. When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. If you do, banish it when it leaves the field.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Serra Ascendant']

SPEkY6w.jpg    94001_201105020056312945_3.jpg

Lore:

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: Gain Life Points equal to the same amount. While you have 12000 or more Life Points: This card gains 2000 ATK.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Felidar Solvereign']

QR3s04h.jpg    185743.jpg

Lore:

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by paying 8000 Life Points and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: Gain Life Points equal to the same amount. While you have 12000 or more Life Points: This card is unaffected by other card effects. While you have 20000 or more Life Points: This card gain the following effect:
● Once per turn: You can inflict 8000 damage to your opponent. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Ajani Goldmane']

PAYuVvH.jpg    ajani.jpg

Lore:

2 Level 4 LIGHT monsters
Once per turn: You can attach 1 LIGHT monster from your hand or your side of the field to this card as an Xyz Material; gain 800 Life Points. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; all face-up monsters you currently control gain 1000 ATK and DEF until the End Phase. If you activate this effect, your opponent takes no Battle Damage for the rest of this turn. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "White Avatar Token" (LIGHT/Beast-Warrior-Type/Level 4/ATK 0/DEF 0). It gains ATK and DEF equal to 1/4 of your currently Life Points.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Luminous Wake']

HCsrCft.jpg    Luminous-Wake.jpg

Lore:

Equip only to a LIGHT monster you control. When the equipped monster destroys a monster by battle and send it to the Graveyard, gain Life Points equal to that monster's original ATK. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, you can send this face-up card to the Graveyard and gain 1000 Life Points instead.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Whitesun's Passage']

tWyVImL.jpg    Whitesuns%20Passage.jpeg

Lore:

Target 1 LIGHT monster on the field; gain Life Points equal to its ATK.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rest for the weary']

44kSouA.jpg    Image.jpg

Lore:

Activate only when a LIGHT monster is sent to your Graveyard. Gain 800 Life Points, then you take no damage until the rest of this turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Divine Offering']

UCwj1kl.jpg    213760.jpg

Lore:

Activate only when you have 12000 or more Life Points. Target 1 card on the field; destroy that target, then you gain 500 Life Points.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

*edited Felidar's effect a little bit, now u require 20000 or more LP to launch a victory shot

when the deadline of round 2?

[spoiler='anyway, here's my cards']

Original TCG: Magic the Gathering

[spoiler='Ajani's Pridemate']

xZAtNPE.jpg    perra8nr45_EN.jpg

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned, if you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "Ajani's Pridemate" from your hand or Deck. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a LIGHT Beast-Warrior-Type monster. When this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a LIGHT Beast-Warrior-Type monster's effect: Gain 600 Life Points.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Goldenglow Moth']

XibBHIT.jpg    Goldenglow-Moth.jpg

Lore:

When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand), then change the attack target to this card. When this card is attacked: Gain 1000 Life Points. When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. If you do, banish it when it leaves the field.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Serra Ascendant']

SPEkY6w.jpg    94001_201105020056312945_3.jpg

Lore:

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: Gain Life Points equal to the same amount. While you have 12000 or more Life Points: This card gains 2000 ATK.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Felidar Solvereign']

zgvDlmg.jpg    185743.jpg

Lore:

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by paying 8000 Life Points and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: Gain Life Points equal to the same amount. While you have 12000 or more Life Points: This card is unaffected by other card effects and gain the following effect:
● Once per turn: You can inflict 8000 damage to your opponent. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Ajani Goldmane']

PAYuVvH.jpg    ajani.jpg

Lore:

2 Level 4 LIGHT monsters
Once per turn: You can attach 1 LIGHT monster from your hand or your side of the field to this card as an Xyz Material; gain 800 Life Points. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; all face-up monsters you currently control gain 1000 ATK and DEF until the End Phase. If you activate this effect, your opponent takes no Battle Damage for the rest of this turn. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "White Avatar Token" (LIGHT/Beast-Warrior-Type/Level 4/ATK 0/DEF 0). It gains ATK and DEF equal to 1/4 of your currently Life Points.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Luminous Wake']

HCsrCft.jpg    Luminous-Wake.jpg

Lore:

Equip only to a LIGHT monster you control. When the equipped monster destroys a monster by battle and send it to the Graveyard, gain Life Points equal to that monster's original ATK. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, you can send this face-up card to the Graveyard and gain 1000 Life Points instead.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Whitesun's Passage']

tWyVImL.jpg    Whitesuns%20Passage.jpeg

Lore:

Target 1 LIGHT monster on the field; gain Life Points equal to its ATK.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rest for the weary']

44kSouA.jpg    Image.jpg

Lore:

Activate only when a LIGHT monster is sent to your Graveyard. Gain 800 Life Points, then you take no damage until the rest of this turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Divine Offering']

UCwj1kl.jpg    213760.jpg

Lore:

Activate only when you have 12000 or more Life Points. Target 1 card on the field; destroy that target, then you gain 500 Life Points.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

nice. I really like the theme, though Felidar Solvereign is a little OP.

usually, contestants cant edit their entry after submitted, but sometime host allow it, u should w8 for host to answer that, and to tell the truth, i think that effect is pretty well, that mega burn effect look better then another instant winning condition of the original Felidar

• 2 weeks later...

usually, contestants cant edit their entry after submitted, but sometime host allow it, u should w8 for host to answer that, and to tell the truth, i think that effect is pretty well, that mega burn effect look better then another instant winning condition of the original Felidar

I will allow it

• 2 weeks later...

Submissions! Source: MtG

[spoiler Round 2 entry][spoiler Monsters]Ruric Thar, the Unbowed

ulUvO1j.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned. During either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated: Inflict 800 damage to the player who activated the card.

Spellbreaker Behemoth

fIslarJ.jpg

This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. The Normal Summons of your Level 5 or higher monsters cannot be negated.

Stalking Vengeance

uJTyRMG.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned. When another monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the original ATK of that monster in the Graveyard.

Ghor-Clan Rampager

SUcvOXT.jpg

If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. When a monster you control declares an attack: You can discard this card to target that monster; that target gains 900 ATK and DEF, and if it attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. These changes last until the End Phase.

Burning-Tree Shaman

bgX69XW.jpg

During either player's turn, when a Monster effect is activated: Inflict 500 damage to the player who activated that effect.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Spells]Signal the Clans

fKWBC3O.jpg

Choose 3 Monster cards with different names from your Deck, then your opponent randomly picks 1 of them to add to your hand, and you shuffle the rest into your Deck.

Loxodon Warhammer

mwPODYL.jpg

The equipped monster gains 800 ATK, and if it attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. When the equipped monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Gain Life Points equal to the damage inflicted.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Traps]Slice in Twain

GCAuv6I.jpg

Target 1 face-up Spell/Trap card; destroy that target, then draw 1 card.

Gruul Charm

DhFqCPr.jpg

Activate 1 of these effects.
*Target 1 monster you control; that target can attack your opponent directly this turn.
*Gain control of all cards on the field that you own.
*Destroy all face-up monsters on the field with 1500 or lower DEF.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Archived