[Finished][Finished, pls move] Someone's first contest! - The Draw of Fate!

-Noel-

Hello Everyone!! It's me, -Someone-!! ahem, So, this is my first contest!! and since I am someone, my contest must be sth. weird XD, since this is my first contest so I want to make it a contest that nobody will forget this!!! so I will start the pot with my own 100 points!, my contest has 2 rounds, and some contestants will be eliminated at round 1 finished, also I need some judge by PM me since I'm only 3 star member so I didn't sure that my results are reasonable and acceptable enough or not, but if no more judge, I still can judge all cards by myself.

* Deadline moved due to site down

[spoiler='Entry Fee']
at least 10 points and since this is my first contest I will donate my own points to the pot equal to your fee (but I'll not donate more than 30 points per contestant since I have not so much points) (i.e. u pay 24 points, the pot increase by 48. if u pay 50 points, the pot increase only 80) furthermore donation gladly accepted
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Pot']
502 points
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Round 1']
I didn't sure if I have said to u that this'll be weird concept since I'm using a phone and very lazy to scroll up to check, so my concept is you're dueling, your opponent activate a normal Spell "Miracle Tornado", its effect shuffle all cards (including itself) in both player hand, field, Graveyard and banished zone into the deck w/o any draw, then both players' Life Points become 8000 then end his turn, now it's your DP and via Miracle Tornado's effect u draw 3 cards during this DP and this is what I want, u have to make at least 3 cards that u will draw and do as many as possible for your game, they maybe anything (Monster, Spell, Trap), also u can make other total 5 cards in either Main Deck, Extra Deck or both and those are the only cards u can play with (this mean u can't make some loop like Vylon - Kay'est and from this 8 cards, u may have 1 real card (only 1!) or u may make total new 8 cards, do anything as u want. The judging concepts are how well the combo of cards u made work, also what concept and style of cards u made, a total defense style that set up well with only 3 cards are not so bad for me, I will mention this again in How to Judge
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Round 1 Deadline']
21 December (round 2 will begin after I judged your cards) and according to site down, i will move it to 24th
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler='Contestant']

* ur name in bold = u already submitted cards
1. Hikari-chan
2. Time 23
3. Scary Face
4. Noober
5. Darthakin
6. Chartheblade
7. josholche
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Judges']
1. -Someone- (me)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='How to Judge (this may change after I get another judge to help me)']
How well your cards support each other = /10
How well your cards control the game after have nothing but 3 cards in your hand =/10
Balance =/10
OCG= /5 (not so serious, I will ignore some minor)
Image= /5 (lowest = 2 for White Background ^ ^)
Game end bonus = 5
Hidden Bonus
??? = 5
??? = 5
??? = 5
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Reward']
1st place get 40% of pot
2nd place get 30% of pot
3rd place get 20% of pot
• may change to 50/40 if I got less than 5 contestants
contestant who eliminated from each round get 5 points (maybe more, up to pot) so if u lose at 2nd round u got at least 10 points
[/spoiler]

Well this is my first contest, so I think nobody expect a flawless one from me, CnC are welcome, a rep for any great suggestion :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of joining. But a few questions

Do we post our cards here?

Are we to explain any/all of the strategy/combo? Or just post the cards and let the judges figure it out?

It doesn't have to be an OTK strategy, but it is the only way to get the 5 pts, thus a perfect score right?

Here is my entry for Round 1:

Archetype - Nightshade

Based on Poisonous Plants this is a series of DARK Plant-Type monsters, and support. Their main effects resolve around your opponent having no cards in hand, along with other effects that go along with achieving this by depleting your opponent's hand.

[spoiler=The cards]

biofwga.jpg

Nightshade Henbane

If your opponent has no cards in their hand: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card battles a monster, and your opponent has no card in their hand: This card gains 800 ATK, during that damage calculation only.

pgBu75p.jpg

Nightshade Mandrake

When you Special Summon exactly 1 monster, from your hand: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Your opponent may discard 1 card; destroy this card.

c3lxN3S.jpg

Nightshade Datura

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Add 1 "Nightshade" card from your Deck to your hand. Your opponent must have no cards in their hand to activate and resolve this effect. When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): You can Tribute this card; your opponent discards 1 card from their hand.

wfzRiSt.jpg

Nightshade Dwale

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can add 1 "Nightshade" Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Your opponent puts 1 card from their hand on the bottom of the Deck. You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Plant-Type monster from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Nightshade Dwale" once per turn.

kPGxuVp.jpg

Nightshade Jaborosa

2 Level 6 Plant-Type monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Your opponent banishes 1 card from their hand face-down for each Plant-Type monster you control. The card(s) banished by this effect are unaffected by other card effects, and return to the hand during your opponent's next Main Phase 2. (Even if this card leaves the field.) Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, and target 1 Plant-Type monster you control; that target gains ATK equal to its current ATK, until the End Phase. Your opponent may discard 1 card to negate the activation of this effect.

u408WUM.jpg

Withering Away

Activate only if this is the only card in your hand, and your opponent has no cards in their hand: Add 1 "Nightshade" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only active one "Withering Away" per turn.

zW1dVHQ.jpg

Nightshade Vineyard

All Plant-Type monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF during damage calculation only. During each of your Standby Phases: Your opponent must banish 1 card from their hand face-down. The card banished by this effect is unaffected by other card effects and returns to the hand during the End Phase. (Even if this card leaves the field.) When you activate a a non-"Nightshade" Spell or Trap Card: Your opponent may discard 1 card; negate the activation of that card, and if you do, shuffle it into the Deck.

b7HvJgs.jpg

Nightshade Leafblade

Equip only to a Plant-Type monster. Your opponent cannot select another monster you control as an attack target. During your Main Phase: You can send this equipped card to the Graveyard; the monster it was equipped to can attack twice this turn, but only it can attack. You opponent must have no cards in their hand to activate and resolve this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The End Game]

- The 3 cards your draw are Nightshade Henbane, Withering Away, and Nightshade Mandrake! 

- Since your opponent has no cards in their hand use Henbane's effect and Special Summon itself, at this point you can also use Mandrake's effect and Special Summon itself too!

- Now since Withering Away is the only card in your hand, and your opponent's hand is also empty you can active it and search...but what to add...

- Add Nightshade Datura with your search, and since you've not Normal Summoned this turn, go ahead and summon it.

- This will allow you access to its effect to search for yet another card!

- Add Nightshade Leafblade to hand.

- Synchro for Nigthshade Dwale, and use its effect to add Nightshade Vineyard to hand.

- Active Nightshade Vineyard

- Overlay Nightshade Henbane and Nightshade Dwale for Nightshade Jaborosa.

- Use Jaborosa effect to target itself and send its attack sky high!

- Equip Jaborosa with Leafblade, and use Leafblade's 2nd effect to allow Jaborosa to attack twice.

- Enter Battle Phase and attack with Nightshade Jaborosa twice for just over 8000 :D

[/spoiler]

Any question or comments, let me know :)

alright i finished them!

[spoiler='cards']

[spoiler='Light of Prediction']

mePerXs.jpg

Lore:

Reveal 1 LIGHT monster in your hand; take 3 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monsters from your Deck, then place them on top of the Deck in any order. You cannot Summon any monsters from your Extra Deck during the turn you activate this card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Helen, Lightsworn Cleric']

AE857vI.jpg

Lore:

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from your hand. You cannot Summon any monsters the turn you activated this effect, except for LIGHT monsters. During each of your End Phase: Send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard. You must control this face-up card to activate and to resolve this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Roshan, Lightsworn Guardian']

v5d1Xgy.jpg

Lore:

When a monster on your opponent's side of the field that was Normal Summoned this turn activate its effect: You can send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard and send this face-up card to the Graveyard; negate that effect, and if you do, destroy it. During each of your End Phase: Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. You must control this face-up card to activate and to resolve this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Elena, Neo-Lightsworn Paladin']

syss9ws.jpg

Lore:

When this card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Lightsworn" monster: Special Summon it. If this card was Special Summoned from the Graveyard, it gains the following effect:
● When your opponent would Special Summon a monster: You can pay 1000 Life Points and send this face-up card to the Graveyard; negate the Special Summon and destroy it. You must control another face-up "Lightsworn" monster to activate and to resolve this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Thea, Neo-Lightsworn Angel']

pmldwlu.jpg

Lore:

When this card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Lightsworn" monster: Special Summon it. If this card was Special Summoned from the Graveyard, it gains the following effect:
● When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap card: You can pay 1000 Life Points and send this face-up card to the Graveyard; negate the activation and destroy it. You must control another face-up "Lightsworn" monster to activate and to resolve this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Lucia, Neo-Lightsworn Spirit']

sbcFonO.jpg

Lore:

● While this card is in face-up Attack Position, all face-up "Lightsworn" monsters you control gains 500 ATK.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='How to play']

- Draw 3 cards: Light of Prediction, Helen, Lightsworn Cleric and Roshan, Lightsworn Guardian

- Activate Light of Prediction and reveal either Helen or Roshan to take those Neo-Lightsworns from deck and place them in any order

- Normal Summon Helen and activate her effect, send those monsters u just placed to the Graveyard to ss Roshan from hand in Atk Pos

- All Neo-Lightsworns' effects activated, ss them from the Graveyard in Atk Pos

- From Lucia's buff, all monsters you control are Helen (ATK 1700), Roshan (ATK 700), Elena (ATK 1900), Thea (ATK 2300) and Lucia (ATK 1400)

- Entered the BP and atk with all of them (1700+700+1900+2300+1400 = 8000) gg :)

[/spoiler]

Archived