[CFV] Goddess of the Black Sun, Amaterasu "Я"

Zextra

Meh, mainly just testing the template (and showing off my god-awful gfx editing skills). I apologize in advance for any absurd balance issues; I don't have a good sense of it yet in CFV  :P

[spoiler=Holo Version]

lvqj.png

[/spoiler]

ecj6.png

Goddess of the Black Sun, Amaterasu "Я"
Grade 3 l Oracle Think Tank l Noble
[ACT](VC) Limit Break (This ability is active if you have four or more damage): [Counter Blast (2) & Choose two of your <<Oracle Think Tank>> units, and lock them] Draw 2 cards, choose a card from your hand, and put it in your soul, and after this unit attacks a vanguard, you may retire 2 <<Oracle Think Tank>> units in your front row (RC), and [Stand] this unit, and this unit gets [Power]+5000 until end of turn.
[CONT](VC): If you have a card named "CEO Amaterasu" in your soul, this unit gets [Power]+2000.
[CONT](VC/RC): Lord: (If you have a unit without a same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)

Well, first of all, the image is just beautiful, yet it seems to be too serene to be called a Tyrantress.

Skillwise, first of all, on hit LB skills are really underpowered(see Goddess of the Sun, Amaterasu), and this is one that also have a lock cost too on top of it. If this hits, you'll already win the game due to the crit, and gimping 2 of your columns just for a miniscule power boost, crit, and a chance for a 4th attack for a win-moar is just really underpowered(and not to mention you'll just waste some power and 2 CB if you got hit with a Perfect Guard).

I'd say, make the skill to create some actual direct advantage to the player(2 draw should suffice, since locking 1 unit is almost equal in worth with a +1, the CB make it worth more), and remove the on-hit gimmick with something else(only on-hit effects that worked on LB is Galaxy Blaukluger, due to it spreading its pressure to every columns).

Also, the font seems to be kind of....weird. Something felt really off.

The draw is fine its the whole retire 2 thing that is awkward. OTT are Tachikaze so its just random for them to retire themselves even if its for another chance to swing. Also I agree with what was stated before. That image is far to calming for that name. How about simply "Goddess of the Black Sun." 

Personally I've always seen Amateratsu's purpose as stacking triggers and building hand advantage. Maybe you should try a skill based on those thoughts.

"Goddess of the Black Sun"...that's perfect; it was idiotic of me to overlook that one; thanks a lot lol.

As for the skill, the retiring effect was based off the fact that she was (supposed to be) a tyrant, and as an opposite of Goddess of the Sun - sacrificing resources to benefit herself as opposed to searching resources to help the "team".

EDIT: Finally found a much closer font! Holo version added as well :p

next time use a fire dragon or monster

And this has to do with my card...how, exactly?

Once again, you contribute nothing of value with your post. I've warned you several times in the past two weeks; unless you want to get banned, do not post anymore pointless, spammy comments; it doesn't do anyone any good whatsoever.

Well,I can pretty much say now that this is overpowered, even with the fact that this must attack last to maximize its output.

This is the only restand VG effect that ends up as a +1 at the very least(not counting the cards needed to guard it the second time), due to the draw and the twin-drive mitigating the retire cost, not to mention it sits at the quite powerful 21-23k power on its second attack, more than notorious things like Descendant, Minerva, Tetra Drive, and Ethics Buster Reverse. Even with the lock cost, this is pretty much spammable without any negative drawbacks at all.

Not to mention the fact that it can get the 13K defense too easily with its LB.

Well,I can pretty much say now that this is overpowered, even with the fact that this must attack last to maximize its output.

This is the only restand VG effect that ends up as a +1 at the very least(not counting the cards needed to guard it the second time), due to the draw and the twin-drive mitigating the retire cost, not to mention it sits at the quite powerful 21-23k power on its second attack, more than notorious things like Descendant, Minerva, Tetra Drive, and Ethics Buster Reverse. Even with the lock cost, this is pretty much spammable without any negative drawbacks at all.

Not to mention the fact that it can get the 13K defense too easily with its LB.

Edited to +5000 instead. 

• 4 weeks later...

I got a better way to make this powerful without being overpowered, since this works with CEO, a mega-blast, in mind, your generally going to be building up soul for a turn or two before riding this, so that's definitely a point to remember, one I"m disappointed that the cross ride basically glossed over.

taking a cue from genesis for reasonable costs, how about this.

ACT: CB2, Lock 2, draw 2, add 1 to soul, and this unit gains:

[soulblast 3, retire 2 oracle units.]when this unit declares an attack against a vanguard, you may pay the cost, if you do, look at the top 4 cards of your deck, and place them on top of your deck in any order. at the close step of that battle, stand this unit, and this unit loses twin drive.

you can setup triggers, and fix it so that you will get the best result, even if you hit double draw triggers in the mix. otherwise you also get to know what the top card of your deck is for the opponent's turn as well, which helps on the defense in return for the lost units.

the OTT have never really been about power gains, they desire foreknowledge and card advantage, and removing self boosting effects to get a very deep deck delve while standing, sounds fair in my book.

this unit would run out of soul after 2 shots of this, but you would also be down to 1 cb not counting heals in the middle of this. but would still have 1 left over, to keep the crossride.

Archived