[Someone] Medallion Warriors, new style of Deck-playing! [Updating]

-Noel-

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i remade all Spells, now their can remove counter from anywhere on your side of the field, also i reduced jester atk gain from 700 to 600 (well only 2500 with the condition that u cant control a monster other than "Medallion" is a bit less) and its effect negation is just a level-restricted ver of Skill Drain (in other word, it's also mean that those annoying Ghostricks that never have a weakness will have from this one :)), also this card is the only one trump card w/o any protection. so it's very easy for ur opponent to force u to return it back to the Extra Deck as soon as u summoned it, for all Medallion lv4 monsters, well u can mentioned that combo, but i can tell no one will left their field empty w/o any defense, at least Gorz or Fader is a card, and if ur opponent really have a monster, im sure no one will use Knight's first attack since only 1000 is too risk, yea u have to change it to assassin b4 u attack, but yea, i think i will reverted their ATK back to when i was made it (well i just increase each by 200 from the last review's suggestion)

but after all, i will not say that they were well-balanced, since i already realize how powerful freely-shuffle as cost is from the start, but i just want to try my best to make that concept become playable :)

Just because your opponent might have Gorz or Fader doesn't mean it's ok to let the Knight-Assasin-Knight-Hunter-Knight-Gardna-Knight-Thief-Knight OTK exist. Faders + Gorz is only 1/10th of any 40-card Deck at max, you can run things like Smashing Ground or Fissure to wipe out what defenses your opponent has, and it looks incredibly cheap (especially since it's a 1-card OTK based off of a card that's as searchable as f*ck).

Also, while making an archetype based on you getting and using one card to basically "unlock" the Deck is pretty interesting, you have to take consideration what the Deck is doing when you don't have Knight. I suppose your answer to this is "Search Knight!" But what if you don't even have Thief, RotA, or Balance, and your Rat got popped by a card effect? What does this Deck do when you can't get Knight? Decks should avoid having completely dead moments in the game, as they're horribly boring and makes it incredibly easy to get pwned by a grue, and this archetype is going to have these moments quite frequently if the Deck only works off of one particular card being Summoned. It also makes the Deck incredibly linear. All it seems to do it "Summon Knight, shuffle it back for appropriate other "Medallion" monster, shuffle back into Knight for other monster if necessary. Activate Continuous Spells if able. Xyz Summon Jester or Mechquipped Angineer if you have Thief."

You can always put some other cards in the Deck so that it can do things other than "Rely on Knight to tag out and back in repeatedly until end of duel," but you've already dedicated so much space to staples, the archetype, and searchers for Knight. You'll probably be very pressed for space, and thus won't be able to fit in many cards for doing other stuff.

Thx for a review ;) yea since many people point this, I will have this restriction in Knight " if this card is Special Summoned: It cannot attacks for the rest of this turn" or sth like that should prevent the OTK, and yea thx for an idea about how to play w/o Knight and to give another playstyle for this, well I will try them for my next update for sure :)

bump

Perhaps you can have another monster that treats itself as a Medallion Knight while on the field, but instead of putting itself back into the deck, it tributes itself. Something like...

L3 Earth Warrior

1500/1400

"When this card is Normal Summoned:  You can add 1 "Medallion" monster from your deck to your hand. You can tribute this card and special summon 1 "Medallion" monster from your deck. This card's name is "Medallion Knight" while face-up on the field."

Doesn't get past Jester's own effect since tributing isn't a cost, which also makes it so he can't tag for Medallion Knight itself, (but adds it to hand instead).

Seriously, I still don't think Jester should have that blanket negation though. I understand WHY, but one card shouldn't have that many effects, even if it has no natural protection, since you have Speed and Gravity for disruption, not even including cards such as Effect Veiler. But she's commonly 2500+,. and combined with that blanket negation, that shuts down too many decks that aren't even a threat. Not including, if you mean to make it stop Knight from returning, that won't work, since Knight shuffling itself back into the deck is a cost. since Jester only negates face-up L3 or lower.

Just nix the negation.

well, the negation of Jester for Knight is the way to make it can shuffle itself back even u control a Jester (since Knight "cant activate its effects" part is an effect not condition from my wording, in other word it can also be negated by Skill Drain or Jester) and imo, Skill Drain for Lv.3 or lower which can be destroyed/removed/negated by many way (Normal Attack/Dark Hole/Dimensional Prison/Compulsory/Fiendish Chain and for this one, if success, it ruin my gameplay) are not so broken that much (but well, if at least 1 or more criticism still have for this card, i may do sth about this), well some deck like Ghostrick may have a problem, but yea same words for Skill Drain, you can adapt ur deck for it. and for the card u suggested me, that's quite nice idea and thx for a comment :)

Man, your cards look awesome, I just saw some of your works ( the star archetype ), man, these artworks,xD

I think you are working for konami :o 

jk

anyways, back to the cards, they are nice, seems like gladiator heraldic beasts,lol

but the monsters that are level 4, they are pretty hard to summon if u don't have knight :/

good idea though ;)

Wow this is one of my favorite archetypes ive seen here. The art is really really cool! it reminds me of Wind-ups, where did you get all of these? I tried cropping and google searching but i couldnt find any. Mind sharing? 

Also, since it says once per turn, when it leaves the field, cant you just reactivate it? Then you can attack with each other monster for loads of damage. 

Ninja seems  really strong, perhaps too much with the reusability. 

I believe the blanket negation with the Xyz is fine, since knight, as well as a lot of monsters are level 3. Knight cant activate his effects when its face up anyway, right?

Infestation Infection would be broken with this deck. A Medallion spell that shuffled one from hand to the deck to get knight would make it less prone to having no plays, but it might be too strong too. 

First, about art I mix 2-3 images by Photoshop, so u can't just search and found that, well I will give u the link of arts in PM :) and well I will tone down Ninja a bit as soon as I use my PC, maybe add discard 1 card to cost or increase LP paid by this. Also about Jester eff I should explain to u first that there is some exception here, the way I worded Knight's eff make it can't activate effect part same as Photon Thrasher, which can be negated by Skill Drain, so Knight still can activate its eff even Jester is on the field, and even it's eff on the field are negated, but shuffle to Deck is a cost, so it can shuffle itself back, then it's not on the field anymore, in other word, Jester's negation has no eff on it, so it can ss another monster ;)

Yeah i think i meant  "it can right?" cuz of course that works, my bad lol. Oh please do PM me! You can pretty much max out on counters by your next turn though.

I already PMed u, and for both of u, Ninja now let ur opponent draw an additional card :)

Archived