Songs you dislike by your favorite artists/bands

Northern Sage

So, this is a pretty forgettable and harmless 80's song. Then , The Pretenders took a shot at it and made, *shivers* this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GFg_pnLmq4

The already repetitive chorus now has awful vocals to compliment it, the arrangement does nothing in the song's favor and most of the decent parts were already present in the original version. Awful cover.

Have a go at this topic, seeing as the other "Negativity towards music" topic sprung so much popularity.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Requiem by Avenged Sevenfold

Of that album, I thought Requiem was one of the better songs. The album overall was quite disappointing though.

Temper Temper by Bullet for My Valentine was one of the worst albums I've ever heard and was an insult to metal and everything I stand for. Such a shame when The Poison and Scream Aim Fire were so great...

The 4th Paramore album was complete garbage, while their previous were great. They tried something new and I haven't really listen to them since.

Hmmm... I quite liked the self-titled album and not Brand New Eyes, oddly enough. Yes it was a lot of changes in stuff (I guess losing two band members does that) but I found it refreshing, and although there are bad songs on there (Now, Anklebiters, Future) there are a lot of songs I really enjoyed (Daydreaming, Proof, Last Hope, Be Alone, Still into You). Whereas there was nothing really on the 3rd album I got excited by.

Of that album, I thought Requiem was one of the better songs. The album overall was quite disappointing though.

Temper Temper by Bullet for My Valentine was one of the worst albums I've ever heard and was an insult to metal and everything I stand for. Such a shame when The Poison and Scream Aim Fire were so great...

Ugh, good job I bailed out and got bored of them on Fever by the sound of that then

There's... probably loads I could name, but none spring to mind. Mainly because I prefer to think about/remember the GOOD songs I like rather than the bad ones (odd mindset for me, but eh)

Everything I've heard from Coldplay's new album.

It's fine if they want to do slower stuff, but it's just not ringing with me like past album's songs have. I prefer their upbeat or moving pieces over their slow and quiet ones.

Need I say more? 

Yes. Yes you do.

Pretty much this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxytyRy-O1k

Bad song, bad album.
Only mweh song on that album was Lies Greed Misery.
Its not just because its electronic, because i really liked the album before it, and Light that never comes was ok too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-PHgF5MJvs

Like.... why?
This just isn't Hollywood Undead.
Whole album was a disappointment though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DelhLppPSxY
Some of the songs on the album were ok, this song is just so bad....
Its so boring and not a7x-ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5kCqkQjAZk

It has to do with the song's popularity, but that's not my main problem. The really lackluster vocals, uninspired instrumentation and meandering lyrics are, however. This is the band that wrote the very diverse and well crafted The Sick Bed of Cú Chulaínn, and this is the only song of theirs that is a complete snorefest.

Everything I've heard from Coldplay's new album.

It's fine if they want to do slower stuff, but it's just not ringing with me like past album's songs have. I prefer their upbeat or moving pieces over their slow and quiet ones.

I'm the same. A lot of people prefer the old soppy stuff, but it's when Coldplay try their hand at more edgy stuff or experimental stuff that they sound good. That said, I disagree, and would say that their new stuff falls into this category. Magic is basically a The XX song, with a phenomenally simple hook. And Midnight's slow, but, you know, experimental, rather than cheesy. Jon Hopkins is a stunning producer. The others, I'm not too familiar with considering they've only played them once at SXSW, but there was a cool opera sample in one of the tracks.

On Coldplay, X&Y was just a weak album for me. Not awful, but forgettable.

I should point out that I had this same sort of feelings towards their newer albums when first listening to them.

Take Viva la Vida. It took four or five listen-throughs before something clicked (though the title track actually hit on the first time). Now my favorite song on that album, among a ton of other songs I love, is Cemeteries of London.

I'll probably come around to the songs they've released/performed so far, but I think it'll take something that sounds along the lines of Viva, Hurts like Heaven, or Don't Let it Break Your Heart to really get me into it. Kind of a familiar-into-the-experimental sort of thing. I'll be listening to the whole album upon release either way.

• 3 weeks later...

HAil to the King....

Avenged Sevenfold must have thought they were Metallica with this song... Hail to the King isn't their kind of  music. The best example off the album(That I've heard) is Shepherd of Fire. It's actually their kind of music. It's hard for me to explain, but Hail to the King just isn't Avenged Sevenfold.

Archived