[CFV] Seraphic Director, Raphael

werewolfjedi

Seraphic Director, Raphael

Grade 4 angel feather Noble.

twin drive

base power 10000

[Cont] [VG] this unit gains 1000 power for each face up card in your damage zone.

[auto] [VG/RG] when this unit's attack hits, place the top card of your deck into your damage, and take one card from your damage, and shuffle it into your deck.

LB 4: [AUTO] CB3: when your opponent moves to battle phase, you may pay the cost. if you do, for every unit in the GC during an attack, reduce the attacker's Critical by 1.

LB 5: CB5 ,discard 4 cards, then discard 1Seraphic Director, Raphael: your opponent adds the top card of their deck to their damage.

first line :the main idea here is that since the clan is damage zone based and defensive, why not make it's base power increase by the size of the damage zone, meaning that at the last damage all face up, it sits at 15K. that's about as far as reasonable base stats would go on a grade 4 I"d say.

second line: simple, effective, and for angel feather, completely underpowered in terms of grade 4 scope, so I add the effect to it being played in the RG in exchange for in the rg the grade 4, would only be a 10k

Third line: as an absolute defense ability, adding the effect of crit reduction for guarding, means that at most, this player would only need use at most, 4 random cards on a VG attack to completely nullify it, and with how the rules are on guarding, they can now guard with g3/4 in this fashion. not to mention that if you q.wall in combination, that's -6 crit to an attack. it wouldn't matter how big the shield was, there is no way you would take damage from it. not even 4 copy indra could push 1 damage through on a double crit trigger. however at 3CB, it isn't possible to use it every turn, not even angel feather could unflip that consistently without a dedicated deck to such a thing. in addition, you give up the high stat defense by counter-blasting. so it's ether you guard with numbers, or guard by actually reducing the damage you would take.

4th line: if this unit can win in the situation, and that his player is willing to let his hand burn, as the damage zone manipulators, forcing a single, unblockable damage though, sounds like a real threat to play this, but again, it requires a massive CB, which if they are using the defense effect of the VG, won't be possible the next turn.

so, over powered,,underpowered, just plain weird? tell me your thoughts!

First of all, isn't this the wrong section for this?(should be in other TCG/written). As for the card, 13k is the standard threshold for G3, and with AF's ridiculous ability to unflip damages, a potential 15k seems kinda too much. Also, the ability to basically guard every attack for 1-2 cards and a practically OTK effect is too much. Just leave the CB3 effect, and maybe make this into an actual base 13k and having Lord + the -1000 clause of DNV. The on-hit is nice though.

I was just trying to really put some power behind it. it is a g4 concept, and looking at the 2 out there, one is a massive attack power monster, and the other negates triggers and clears the field.

this felt right for compairsion.

also, discarding 5 cards, one of them having to be one of this card, is an extremely high cost I'd say. and it's not an OTK. it's 1 damage, which may or may not kill an opponent. certainly helps, but it isn't a deathblow.. it's basically a megablast in strength, and a megablast in cost to reflect that.

I just removed the 8 soul requirement, and added a discard 5.

if that's not good to have then, I would still like a persona blast effect on this design in order to make sure an angel feather deck would play more than one, since how angel feather works, you could litterally just grab your single copy with candle and add it to your hand with the BR, or ether of the two damage switchers.

Archived