M.A.N. Tournament

That's right, it's the Monsters. Are. Needed. (MAN) tournament.  

Basically, there are a few rules to a tournament of this type.

1. No attack negation cards/cards that prevent battles from going through/cards that block damage.  You wanna block damage?  Take it like a fucking man.
  2. No negation cards of any sort, or cards that activate on Summon.  You need to face your opponents like real men - and not hide behind some sissy ass backrow.
  3. Hand traps are a no-no; besides, why the hell would a real man use dinky ass monsters that hide only in the hand and grave?
  4. Monsters with less than 1500 ATK are not allowed.  These are the big leagues - small fry are not allowed.  NO SETTING MONSTERS, YOU COWERING FOOL
  5. Alternate win conditions suck, so they're not allowed.
  6. And, finally, burn.  What, this is like trying to bring a fucking gun to a swordfight - men fight directly!
  7. SIDE DECKS ARE NOT MANLY
  8. Tournament will otherwise be played in Advanced format (TCG), best 2 out of 3.

This is only a tournament idea, but it sounds pretty fun.  Anyone in?  The floor is open for discussion.

I'm interested.

I wouldn't mind working with this rule but:

Monsters with less than 1500 ATK are not allowed.  These are the big leagues - small fry are not allowed.

I find it too restrictive, as it wouldn't allow the use of several floaters/searchers, combo cards and a couple of summoners that lead to manly Synchro/Xyz monsters, namely Debris Dragon and Black Salvo, while a few of them would still be allowed, such as Wolfbark and Masked Chameleon, which I think is unfair.

How about disabling Normal Sets, instead? Real men shouldn't be hiding or defending.

What about ATK-reduction Traps/Quick-Plays (e.g. Shrink)? would they still allowed? Because suddenly dropping the opponent's monster ATK in middle of a fight doesn't seem manly to me. However, I guess cards like "Burden of the Mighty" would be fine because you won't be taking anyone by surprise in the Battle Phase.

And now that I brought ATK-reduction cards, what about ATK-boosting cards (e.g. Rush Recklessly)? Personally I would be fine with them because weakening the opponent's monster with silly tricks and injecting your monsters with raw power (ATK) are two way different things, and the latter has a manly vibe, but it's your call.

Its a weapon that weakens attack and gives cowardly protection. NOT MANLY!!!

Wouldn't Lance be banned anyways because it is an pseudo-negation card? It doesn't strictly negates an S/T, but it protects the targeted monster from it, and that's like indirect negation or something among those lines.

What about ATK-reduction Traps/Quick-Plays (e.g. Shrink)? would they still allowed? Because suddenly dropping the opponent's monster ATK in middle of a fight doesn't seem manly to me. However, I guess cards like "Burden of the Mighty" would be fine because you won't be taking anyone by surprise in the Battle Phase.

And now that I brought ATK-reduction cards, what about ATK-boosting cards (e.g. Rush Recklessly)? Personally I would be fine with them because weakening the opponent's monster with silly tricks and injecting your monsters with raw power (ATK) are two way different things, and the latter has a manly vibe, but it's your call.

I see no problem with those cards, honestly.  They're alright - think of them like power-ups.  Your monsters could shudder in trepidation over the fact that they were shrunk to the size of puny wimps in the face of adversity - and they deserve to die because of it.

Its a weapon that weakens attack and gives cowardly protection. NOT MANLY!!!

But it's a weapon nonetheless.

Wouldn't Lance be banned anyways because it is an pseudo-negation card? It doesn't strictly negates an S/T, but it protects the targeted monster from it, and that's like indirect negation or something among those lines.

Does it say negate on the card?  It doesn't, so far as I know, so it's not considered.  What the hell would you use it for, anyways, when half the shit it protects you from isn't allowed in the tournament?

<3

I see no problem with those cards, honestly.  They're alright - think of them like power-ups.  Your monsters could shudder in trepidation over the fact that they were shrunk to the size of puny wimps in the face of adversity - and they deserve to die because of it.

Does it say negate on the card?  It doesn't, so far as I know, so it's not considered.  What the hell would you use it for, anyways, when half the shit it protects you from isn't allowed in the tournament?

I'm fine with that.

Archived