Project S.T.A.A.R [ PG-13 / Not Started / Accepting ]

Mugendramon

[hr]

2ik4oat.jpg

[hr]

“The starship is about to take off.”

“They are set to explore the confines of the Sphere, child. The races of Valrune will gradually become aware of the prison they are confined to.”

“That we are confined to.”

“No, child, you are confined. But unlike the others… you are aware of it. And that is simply not acceptable. That is your mission. That is why we brought you to where you are. You must complete Project S.T.A.A.R, so that all races may finally find their way.”

“We will lead Valrune to the light, Starfather. To the terrible, burning light.”

[hr]

[spoiler=Plot]Valrune is but a Sector of the Great Sphere. The races of Valrune are beginning to discover that, but they are fooled by a simple façade. System Magic keeps the majority of the population content… for most, Valrune will be the only world they will ever know. But they ignore the reality of their surroundings. Only a select few know the real nature of the Sphere… it is a prison. An even more select few, hiding in the shadows, are dead set to spread the truth. Their goal? To break  this prison. That goal, is the completion of Project S.T.A.A.R.

[hr]

But the storm is only just brewing. This STAAR is no different from any other in the night sky. This IC will have for a purpose, at first, to settle a little bit of Valrune's daily life; before shit starts hitting the fan. Big changes are soon to come to this small world... but it has to be gradual.

[hr]

[spoiler="Chapter I - Procursus"]

The City of Procursus is at its core a human settlement. The geographic layout of the area around it allows for a complex system of caves that houses a substantial population of Dwarves. As a result, lizardfolk often end up traversing the streets of the medium city enjoying the occasional shopping or sightseeing. The centre of the city houses the district's Magic Academy. The few Elven citizens of Procursus live in its proximity, as do the better-off human households.

There is a humongous, industrialized gheto right beside the protruding mountain range that gives way to the Dwarven settlement;  while they work in those terrible conditions, most of the less fortunate humans actually live within these terrible conditions.

The first page of Project S.T.A.A.R would begin in this city. All your characters must either live here, or somehow wind up here when the action starts.

[/spoiler]

[hr]

[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Rules]

1. Standard YCM stuff. Be nice and all.

2. This episode of Valrune's story will be Co-hosted by Broke. N. Anything either of us says is final.

3. Those who wish to apply to the "select few" should post here only to reserve the spot. Once you have, you'll appeal to both Broke. N and I to give you the details of what that role will entail -but don't call us, we'll call you. As it's obviously meant to be a secret for the time being, do not tell anyone. WE WILL ONLY TAKE A MAXIMUM OF 3 "select few". Once you apply for the position and we decide to take you in, you cannot back down from it.

4. Being a fan of nitpicking as I am, I do encourage you to correct one another or myself if anything happening in the IC goes against the continuity of Valrune. Do so here, of course.

[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Important Info]NO SPOILERS! ...Ahem. All in due time.[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Application]

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name:
Race:
Birthdate:
[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Biography][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Abilities Info][spoiler=Strengths][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Weaknesses][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Equipment][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spells or Techniques][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other Info][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Application in code]

[hr][b]Personal Information[/b]

[hr]Name:

Race:

Birthdate:

[hr]

[spoiler=Appearance][/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Personality][/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Biography][/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Abilities Info][spoiler=Strengths][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Weaknesses][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Equipment][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells or Techniques][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Other Info][/spoiler]

[hr]

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Character Roster][/spoiler]

[hr]

I am still wondering about what do you mean by applying as the select few.
 Is that the only type of application in this particular RP, or something else?

Basically it's a role that the others should not know your character has. (I mean, since you're applying privately they'll know that your character HAS this role, but not what it is.)

So Broke. N and I give them the app to fill in private. The one you would be posting later would be a "censored" one leaving the secret stuff out.

• 2 weeks later...

So, if I'm interpreting this correctly, we have the option of submitting a normal application for a normal character, with no assigned role (like a normal RP), but also have the option of reserving a spot as being of "the few" in which you're given the role specifically (where you make a character for that role).

If I seemed to have gathered everything correctly, then I would like to place a reserve for being one of the select few.

Archived