Astropunk | IC | Started | Not Accepting |

.:Blu:.

Considering Leta's question Riley nodded, "Yes, if you happen to find a decent place I would love something. I'll let you decide, I'm not particularly picky." Riley was obviously doing loads better than the last time the two conversed. As Leta departed, that left her and the other three. With Leta gone, that brought the total in their group with 'L' as their beginning letter down to two. But with her gone the total 'L's in the group was was now three. Riley sighed wondering if she would ever had a day free of these thoughts. "Then I suppose we should also head into town in order to find small jobs as the captain said. Good luck with the ship until then Al." She walked off assuming the other two would follow.

Walking through the town, Riley wondered how they would make any money here. The IU didn't exactly manage this place very well, if at all, so they shouldn't expect a great deal of quick income from here. If anything their money was continuously circulated through the town, never losing a set amount but never gaining either. Unless outsiders stopped here - but really who would? Suddenly a kid stopped in front of her. He looked around 10, skinny and malnourished. She glanced at his hand that was held out. Strangely thick nails, with a yellowish color. Probably Lyphedema. His right eye looked terrible. Pus surrounding the eye, and terrible swelling. It was a bad case of Uveitis. Those were probably the least of his problems. "Sorry, I don't have anything to give you." She wanted to help him, but the type of help he needed now was medicine that she didn't have, and not in the quantity that this boy would need. 

As the boy left, sadden that he wasn't able to receive anything Riley bit her bottom lip. "Disgusting....If you're going to claim everything in the galaxy as you're own at least have the decency to take care of it." It pissed her off that medical care was more of a business to make money rather than a business to help people. The people who really needed never seemed to have access to it. Damn it, it wasn't going to help them out much and she would probably be losing more supplies than necessary but she couldn't sit by and let treatable symptoms be left un-treated. "Hey guys, I'm going to see if I can find where their medical facility is. Be careful around here, this isn't the most....Clean place around." She shuddered as her mind began to wonder off to exactly how dirty this place was. But before she delved too deep into that she walked off, her long strides carrying her off quickly as she searched for her destination.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived