(Leaderboard) Mystia Lorelei vs Admiral_Stalfos (Vote Now!)

Maeriberii Haan

Rules

1. All YCM and Leaderboard Rules Apply
2. Cards must be PM'd to me.
3. First to 3 votes or most by the deadline wins.
4. Votes must have a valid reason, and must be 2 sentences long at minimum.
5. Winner gets 1 Rep from loser.
6. Written Cards are allowed.

Deadline

Card must be PM'd to me by 48 hours after I accepted the challenge.

Votes deadline is 72 hours after cards are up.

What should be made?

As last time is Synchro, and before that, Xyz, I think it's now the time for Fusions.

Make a Fusion Monster that can be summoned without that shitty card called Polymerization, somehow.

[spoiler='Card A']W0KkElb.jpg

3 Zombie-type monsters
During your Standby Phase (except during the first 4 turns of the duel), you can reveal this card from your Extra Deck; all monsters on your side of the field or in your graveyard is also treated as a Zombie-type monster and during your Main Phase 2, you can Fusion Summon this card by shuffling 2 face-up Zombie-type monster you control and 2 Zombie-type monsters in your graveyard to the deck(You do not use Polymerization). When a card is sent from a player's deck to the graveyard, send 1 card from the field to the graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Empress of the Death Army" once per turn. When this card destroys a monster by battle, Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower Zombie-type monster from your graveyard in Defense position, but its effect is negated until the End Phase. You can only control 1 face-up "Empress of the Death Army".[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card B']WdZHk7a.jpg

"Time Wizard" + 1 or more Insect-type monsters.
If you have applied the effect of "Time Wizard" this turn, while this card is in your Extra Deck: You can target either player; banish all Insect-type monsters from that target's side of the field OR from that target's Graveyard, and if you do, banish 1 "Time Wizard" you control or in your Graveyard, then Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon. You do not use Polymerization.) This card gains 100 ATK and DEF for each Insect-type monster that was used as a Fusion Material Monster. If a card effect targets this Attack Position card, or is activated in response to its attack: You can negate that effect, and if you do, destroy the card and all Attack Position monsters your opponent controls. If you activate and successfully resolve this effect of "Utterly Devastating Great Moth": Switch this card into Defense Position, and end your Battle Phase if you are conducting it. This card's Battle Position cannot be changed until the End Phase of your next turn, except by a card effect.[/spoiler]

Vote Time!

A

card A is thought in a very creative way. For what i see, its summon requirements are truly obscene since you can reveal it then all your monsters on field\grave are zombies than you can summon it, so you can run this card in every deck...i would have made its eff to make only ones on grave or field to become zombie. once is summoned, we realize this is perfect for zombie-sworn since opt you can get a mill-and-send. Then you have a s.summon effect if you break something by battle. Very nice card, would almost be perfect if not for that summoning effect

B

This....this card.....jesus is so weird! Its ocg is quite confusing and its summoning requirements are very situational and won't fit any of the recent decks...maybe inzektors\trix. it has alread a serious atk but it gets boosted too. It has a truly excessive mirror force eff with only restriction of being turned to def for a turn and half.

Vote for A for a nice quality (though the obscene summoning part)

Card A is pretty nice, have to ss at M2 mean u can't clear your opponent's field and dealing some enormous damage, the eff negated of ss monster is nice catch to prevent Master's spamming. Card B is ... uh... pretty useless, you need to run DNA Surgery (yea, since you will rarely find Inzektor out there) and it's too situational, also just eff negation that eat your BP isn't worth that summoning condition, with that I vote Card A

3-0 Card A. Thank you all for voting my card.

To be honest, I really liked Admiral's card, as whether you're successful or not with the Wizard play, you can still fuse it. You can easily play an insect deck to accommodate it, though if your opponent is inzector, it'll be quite an interesting roflstomp.

I believed that the first version of it to be worthier of that summoning condition, though.

Archived