March 2014 Number Tournament [The Champion is Waiting!]

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beat Kano 2-1.

And I've claimed a Number that's basically unsummonable in my deck, but does fit the theme =D

Both of these are facts.

Goodbye, Number Tourney. That's my second loss.

[spoiler='If anyone was curious, my numbers/deck:']Numbers 13 and 31 Cain and Abel's Dooms

Obviously my only legitimate choice was Dustons with House at 1.

Lucky me! Getting the Numbers and Deck I love!

Unlucky me! Limiting House. >.<[/spoiler]

Both of these are facts.

Goodbye, Number Tourney. That's my second loss.

[spoiler='If anyone was curious, my numbers/deck:']Numbers 13 and 31 Cain and Abel's Dooms

Obviously my only legitimate choice was Dustons with House at 1.

Lucky me! Getting the Numbers and Deck I love!

Unlucky me! Limiting House. >.<[/spoiler]

getting hit by this banlist like that s honestly stupid, it shoots players in the foot before they even start

getting hit by this banlist like that s honestly stupid, it shoots players in the foot before they even start

If you don't like it, you didn't have to join, so shut up or get out since you agreed to it by joining. And hell, the fact he ran Dustons shows he doesn't realize there's a better  R1 deck, especially with House limited. It's called Ghostrick Piper.

Now, I'm not in charge of the brackets, that would be Mugen, but did you ever message your opponent?

If you don't like it, you didn't have to join, so shut up or get out since you agreed to it by joining. And hell, the fact he ran Dustons shows he doesn't realize there's a better  R1 deck, especially with House limited. It's called Ghostrick Piper.

Now, I'm not in charge of the brackets, that would be Mugen, but did you ever message your opponent?

hey, don't be a jerk because I commented on that. hell, I got hit even worse because I was forced into an archtype because of an archtype only number, that you put banlist limitations on in the first place, so I was doubly limited. on that note, why even pass out a number like that if you hit it already? even having that number in the pool feels like a bad idea BECAUSE you limited its cards for this tournament.

now I can see why limits can be reasonable, to dissuade people from using certain ones, which I can agree with, but to then put archtype limiting numbers in to the pool, for archtypes which you hit, that's not looking at fair play, that's gimping random players in your pool. I"m not a fan of that kind of subversive setup. the numbers should fit the limits fairly across the board.

and I messaged them now, since I asked to be messaged, I expected to be, unless koko isn't even following the tournament whats so ever, in which case, s/he might have dropped, but I'm not aware of this fact, so I"m posting " hey, contact me!" and hoping koko sees

Ghostrick Pipers couldnt make both my Numbers at the same time as often as Dustons could, even with House at 1. It was just less often than if he had been at 2 or 3. Thanks for the insults, by the way.

And dont tell me i'm wrong about Pipers, because I did try that initially. But without Lion Heart I was forced to rely on either using up all of my resources on my Numbers, if I even had the ability, or make Slacker into the infinitely easier-to-kill Downerd.

I've seen people drop it on me with g-trick piper more often than Duston, even with House at 3.

Jester Confit, Kinka-Byo, random protective trick from the turn before. 3 card combo with Searchable pieces in a deck full of level 1s.

Also not sure how saying you had an oversight is insulting.

As for Jedi, let's go over the Archetypal numbers you may have, shall we? You said you post your R4, so let's mention those.

Number 8: Heraldic King Genom-Heritage
Number 18: Heraldic Progenitor - Plain Coat
1 AHA and 2 Aug. They are also limited, so its deck has to be more careful of dropping it in fear of Warning or Bottomless. But even then, their deck wasn't hit too hard because it's a deck that lived to OTK, and it still functions this way without being derpy at all.

Number 36: Chronomaly Fork Hyuk
Their Super Stratos is at 1 and their Reborning field is at 2. I hurt their consistency, but this is in no way making the playing field less even when I hit everything. A Stratos shouldn't be at 3, anyways, especially not in a deck whose very design is for OTKing. The fact that the stun is more used doesn't change the design.

Number 55: Gogogo Goliath
Not even archetype specific so idk when this would apply. Even then, it goes in either Rock Stun or only has 1 Mezuki to back it up.

Number 79: Battlin' Boxer Nova Caesar
This is the one I messed up on. Why? I didn't realize the anime numbers protection ended up nerfing it, because it's a card that benefits the most from ramming. And with it not being as potent and being limited, boxers aren't even that good in this tourney as it puts them back to mostly Pre-Prio, just with Shadow.

I mean, you ran a horrible tech choice(s) at 2+, that barely even did anything for the deck and were a total waste of space. You also played the deck badly and ran all the bad members. The fact that you can't gauge the quality of a card and thus couldn't build the deck coherently when it wasn't even hurt that bad next to some other things is on you.

The comment I didnt realize there is a better R1 deck appeared very condescending.

I'm not denying Ghostrick Piper is for sure a better R1 deck than Dustons, but in my testing Dustons were and are able to make the two of them more commonly than Pipers. And it still leaves the issue that without 54, my Ghostrick Pipers would have been at a loss for power without 13/31. Dustons had Starduston, which I was able to take advantage of, though not enough to win me my last two matches (Dang you Dark Hole! :P)

I also find it hard to believe youve faced Dustons and Ghostrick Pipers enough to accurately say one makes the more than them other, even if I cannot positively say so either.

I've seen people drop it on me with g-trick piper more often than Duston, even with House at 3.

Jester Confit, Kinka-Byo, random protective trick from the turn before. 3 card combo with Searchable pieces in a deck full of level 1s.

Also not sure how saying you had an oversight is insulting.

As for Jedi, let's go over the Archetypal numbers you may have, shall we? You said you post your R4, so let's mention those.

Number 8: Heraldic King Genom-Heritage
Number 18: Heraldic Progenitor - Plain Coat
1 AHA and 2 Aug. They are also limited, so its deck has to be more careful of dropping it in fear of Warning or Bottomless. But even then, their deck wasn't hit too hard because it's a deck that lived to OTK, and it still functions this way without being derpy at all.

Number 36: Chronomaly Fork Hyuk
Their Super Stratos is at 1 and their Reborning field is at 2. I hurt their consistency, but this is in no way making the playing field less even when I hit everything. A Stratos shouldn't be at 3, anyways, especially not in a deck whose very design is for OTKing. The fact that the stun is more used doesn't change the design.

Number 55: Gogogo Goliath
Not even archetype specific so idk when this would apply. Even then, it goes in either Rock Stun or only has 1 Mezuki to back it up.

Number 79: Battlin' Boxer Nova Caesar
This is the one I messed up on. Why? I didn't realize the anime numbers protection ended up nerfing it, because it's a card that benefits the most from ramming. And with it not being as potent and being limited, boxers aren't even that good in this tourney as it puts them back to mostly Pre-Prio, just with Shadow.

I mean, you ran a horrible tech choice(s) at 2+, that barely even did anything for the deck and were a total waste of space. You also played the deck badly and ran all the bad members. The fact that you can't gauge the quality of a card and thus couldn't build the deck coherently when it wasn't even hurt that bad next to some other things is on you.

well I"m sorry, I haven't ever played the archtype, and as a personal rule, I don't go netdeck on what is generally meant to be a fun tournament, there is not point in winning if your not having fun. so I made a wrong choice, course having to support both rank 4 and 5 at the same time, isn't all that easy for me when I don't know how they operate.

I took a look at the cards and made them to do it, I don't know their outside of archtype tech, and I don't try to make otk decks in general, they are not my style. I'm a control and midrange player, so I tried to play the deck in that way. obviously the deck didn't agree to my wants.

anyway, like I thought, koko dropped. so I'm onto the next, that looks to be evilfusion.

I said DESIGNED for the OTK. Which was the reasoning for hitting them, because they can be used to OTK in really mean ways... Plus Nebra's a really unfair card, as is a OPT reborn. The stun build can still OTK, of course.

That said, they are generally played as a Stun deck because it's more consistent.

I said DESIGNED for the OTK. Which was the reasoning for hitting them, because they can be used to OTK in really mean ways... Plus Nebra's a really unfair card, as is a OPT reborn. The stun build can still OTK, of course.

That said, they are generally played as a Stun deck because it's more consistent.

I see.

and I have to agree on the nebra, it's fairly op.

of course studying the deck a bt more, I can just regrab it from the grave, or search in the deck, with crystal skull.

kind of made me doubletake when I realized skull could grab from the grave as well.

Archived