[Serious] AMA or don't :(

Madsen

When was the last time you tried your hand at a dp? I remember you got a tablet, made a dope lion piece and then never tried again. 

Shit, this is the bane of all questions. Scratch the "no shame" point, this and not doing shit with my Polichromos are what I'm like most ashamed of in life. After experimenting with the tablet I realized that it's not quite as snappy as I'd like it to be (which is down to my PC, mostly, oh well), so I now mostly use it for touchy stuff in tagging.

This doesn't mean I try DPs, though. In fact a lot of what I do with the tablet is sketches and doodles and some tries at something more detailed but my lack of skill/knowledge using it is so subpar that I lose the will to continue. I'm kinda like you in that I dislike when I'm not decent at some as soon as I start. I have this phase once a month where I see something drawn so amazingly it makes me pick the tablet up but it's not enough to let me get much better with it. I'll have a lot more spare time in the summer so I hope to be able to draw a lot more.

What got you into art stuff?

Surprisingly tough question. Visual art was always fascinating to me, but the culmination of my interest which made me get into it came around the time I joined YCM. Partly because of Showcase and partly because of my brothers. I was always apparently "talented" with art (which at that age meant being a bit better at pencil sketches than other kids), so with my access to the internet my interest just rose. My brothers are also pretty good artists and I still remember one of my brother drawing this huge charcoal portrait. After about half a year spent in the Card Making I started slowly posting in Showcase, making some pieces and observing what my brothers did (they were super supportive and helpful in all my endeavors) which more or less brings me here. It's been on and off but design is one of the things I keep as a big interest.

Archived