YCM's Grand Pokemon Tournament (Award Ceremony!)

DL 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only match that will still accept votes is Furret vs Mudkip vs. Latias.

The rest are concluded, and the winners were posted.

Second part matches comin up!

Edit:

Sorry guys.....I put Snivy twice XD So had to do ANOTHER randomizer from the last candidates. Cept Skarmory of course.

WHIMSICOTT was the winner.....dont think it will make much of a difference though...considering his opponents

Continue voting for Galvantula vs. Alakazam and Reshiram vs. Giratina! They're all waiting for your vote, to move onto the real deal!

Updating list with Pokemon who already made it through.

Hey DL, can you post all the winners of the round so far in one place? c:

I think those are in the Contestants spoiler in the 2nd round part, it is after all excluding the last 2 winners yet to be decided (well Giratina won, though, I think)

It's on the first page but here:

2nd Round

1. Flygon
2. Tyranitar
3. Scizor
4. Salamence
5. Espeon
6. Mewtwo
7. Charizard
8. Venusaur
9. Feraligatr
10. Gyarados
11. Lugia
12. Furret
13. Sceptile
14. Lucario
15. Entei
16. Blaziken
17. Jolteon
18. Darkrai
19. Arcanine
20. Zoroark
21. Blastoise
22. Eevee
23. Giratina

Round 1 is finally over!

Ill be posting matches for round 2 now!

Now we're getting down to the best of the best, the victors of the rpevious matches coming together to fight it out! Who will win? Let's find out!

By saying it's overrated, you're saying someone else is over rating it. And that you think they're wrong for really liking Charizard more.

That's why I say calling it overrated is dumb. Because you're inherently saying other people are wrong to like it so much.

I don't see overrated as that. I see it more as, I don't think it's as amazing as many other people do.

I'm not saying they can't like it, I even admit it's cool. But people prop it up as the best Pokemon ever, which I disagree with.

If you say I can't use overrated it's the same to me as saying I can't say "I don't like this Pokemon as much as you." Because obviously if I think a Pokemon isn't as good as you think I believe you are over rating it.

See, but you're saying that our opinion of the pokemon is wrong.

Even if you disagree, this isn't the type of opinion that can be wrong.

By saying that it's overrated, you're saying we shouldn't like it as much as we do.

If you don't mean to say that, then don't use the word of which that implies.

This isn't rocket science. :\

See, but you're saying that our opinion of the pokemon is wrong.

Even if you disagree, this isn't the type of opinion that can be wrong.

By saying that it's overrated, you're saying we shouldn't like it as much as we do.

If you don't mean to say that, then don't use the word of which that implies.

This isn't rocket science. :\

Overrated means that I think others rate it higher than I would. If I use it, that's how I mean, because it seems like a logical definition to me. It's literally just saying "I don't think it's as good as people say." But I'm not sure I actually used the term, I'm just saying why it's doesn't necessarily mean what you're thinking. Also "This isn't rocket science" makes your entire post feel more arrogant than I'm sure you mean.

That's not what your use of the word comes off as to others. Liking Charizard is all about taste.

By saying that it's overrated, you're saying that someone's taste is wrong.

No matter what you mean to say, how it comes off is the only thing that matters.

You can't assume everyone's going to understand your own definition of a word.

That, and the basic idea of saying that my thoughts on Charizard are too positive is much more arrogant.

That's not what your use of the word comes off as to others. Liking Charizard is all about taste.

By saying that it's overrated, you're saying that someone's taste is wrong.

No matter what you mean to say, how it comes off is the only thing that matters.

You can't assume everyone's going to understand your own definition of a word.

That, and the basic idea of saying that my thoughts on Charizard are too positive is much more arrogant.

It all depends on the situation and how I word it. If I say "I think Charizard is overrated" which is how I would phrase it, wouldn't that imply "In my opinion Charizard isn't as good as most people say."?

Except I explained that I don't mean it like that, so your rocket science line is still more arrogant. You can't say I'm arrogant for something I never said.

I'm only saying why overrated isn't the worst way of describing it. I don't even use the term much myself. I don't assume people are going to understand what I'm saying, but I'm not going to avoid certain words because some people may be upset over my word choice. If I have to explain it afterword, fine. Usually I don't have to however.

I was calling out the people who straight up said "Charizard is overrated," though.

But you're still had to explain what you meant, because you assumed people would know you're personal definition.

You don't have to avoid the words, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize the use if you do use it.

I was calling out the people who straight up said "Charizard is overrated," though.

But you're still had to explain what you meant, because you assumed people would know you're personal definition.

You don't have to avoid the words, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize the use if you do use it.

My original reply to that was simply that the closest word to use for what I felt about it was overrated. "I think Charizard is very cool. But I do think he's not as amazing as people seem to think, in my opinion there are many better. So I suppose overrated is the best word to use." Then I explained what I meant by that once you responded with what you took my words to mean.

And true, you have every right to criticize the word use, still doesn't mean I am in the wrong for using it.

Archived