Hai guyz, Theinen the Great Sphinx???

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Theinen_the_Great_Sphinx

I was teaching one of my friends how to duel and create a deck, and this card came up from his collection. He told me this was a good card, and I said that it's not worth using even if you have the right cards for it.

It's a Jaden Lover card, in my opinion. The card may look good to an inexperienced player, but when you think of how much it takes to play this card, and how easy it is to destroy, you feel depressed.

I guess what I'm really saying here is.. Non-Event Promo cards, with very few exceptions, suck.

What do you people think?

What do you think I think?

What I think because according to God GAK we're the same account and rep scammers.

So obviously you think what I think.

Since you're my account that I really don't care about that much, the better question is what do you think that I, RedSceptile (and PikaPerson01 at the same time) think?

I agree. Blue-Eyes Shining. The Sphinxes, though, are actually pretty good (gasp). I mean, 500 lp for a 3000 attacker? Then another 500 for a 6500 attacker? You could actually make a deck based around it. Look at this:http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Theinen_the_Great_Sphinx

I agree. Blue-Eyes Shining. The Sphinxes' date=' though, are actually pretty good (gasp). I mean, 500 lp for a 3000 attacker? Then another 500 for a 6500 attacker? You could actually make a deck based around it.

[/quote']

I could also make a deck based around Petite Moth. That doesn't make it good.

Sphinx's Effect: When "Pyramid of Light" is face-up on the field, you may pay 500 Life Points to Special Summon this card.

Who wants to use Pyramid of light? That's a +0 right there for having to use a card.

Sphinx Effect: This card cannot attack during the turn it is Normal Summoned or Set.

Wow. That 3000 ATK is really helping, huh?

At a glance, Thenian looks uber powerful. Then when you read his effect, O it's a nomi. Konami always make impossible cards to summon, which Jaden newbs will trade for their whole E hero collection!11!! Feel the power of Steamhealer Muahahaha! Attack! O what's that? A sakuretsu armor? Rofl newb pwned. Anyway, Thenian is another one of those cards that tries, but fails miserebly.

Run 3. Run 2 Royal decree so they don't get destroyed. There is no way to get around the first turn no attack. Sorry.

Oh' date=' yes, because Royal Decree works PERFECT with Pyramid of Light!

[/quote']

No, it is to keep your sphinxes from getting destroyed. You don't HAVE to run Thienen, Just run Andro and Telia. Pyramid of light isn't the one who lets you pay 500, you just have to have it on the field for it to work.

Wasn't trying to be an A-Hole. Just trying to prove my point.

Even if you do get these monsters on the field, they can easily be destroyed because they can't even attack the turn they're summoned. Then the next turn you might, or might not attack into a face-down monster, so the last effect could be completely worthless.

Archived